The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Music Cup Round 10 - Songs with Aristotle's Elements in the Title

+17
Galted
seanmichaels
Roller_Coaster
Union Cane
Stella
The Boss
VDT
Kenny
ChequeredJersey
The Womble
Hero
The Special Juan
Mind the windows Tino.
Adam D
JuliusHMarx
Rowley
sodhat
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Pick your favourite two...

The Music Cup Round 10 - Songs with Aristotle's Elements in the Title - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%The Music Cup Round 10 - Songs with Aristotle's Elements in the Title - Page 2 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
The Music Cup Round 10 - Songs with Aristotle's Elements in the Title - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%The Music Cup Round 10 - Songs with Aristotle's Elements in the Title - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Music Cup Round 10 - Songs with Aristotle's Elements in the Title - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%The Music Cup Round 10 - Songs with Aristotle's Elements in the Title - Page 2 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 11 ]
The Music Cup Round 10 - Songs with Aristotle's Elements in the Title - Page 2 Vote_lcap1%The Music Cup Round 10 - Songs with Aristotle's Elements in the Title - Page 2 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
The Music Cup Round 10 - Songs with Aristotle's Elements in the Title - Page 2 Vote_lcap1%The Music Cup Round 10 - Songs with Aristotle's Elements in the Title - Page 2 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
The Music Cup Round 10 - Songs with Aristotle's Elements in the Title - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%The Music Cup Round 10 - Songs with Aristotle's Elements in the Title - Page 2 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 14 ]
The Music Cup Round 10 - Songs with Aristotle's Elements in the Title - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%The Music Cup Round 10 - Songs with Aristotle's Elements in the Title - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 4 ]
The Music Cup Round 10 - Songs with Aristotle's Elements in the Title - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%The Music Cup Round 10 - Songs with Aristotle's Elements in the Title - Page 2 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 13 ]
The Music Cup Round 10 - Songs with Aristotle's Elements in the Title - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%The Music Cup Round 10 - Songs with Aristotle's Elements in the Title - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 7 ]
The Music Cup Round 10 - Songs with Aristotle's Elements in the Title - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%The Music Cup Round 10 - Songs with Aristotle's Elements in the Title - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Music Cup Round 10 - Songs with Aristotle's Elements in the Title - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%The Music Cup Round 10 - Songs with Aristotle's Elements in the Title - Page 2 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 3 ]
The Music Cup Round 10 - Songs with Aristotle's Elements in the Title - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%The Music Cup Round 10 - Songs with Aristotle's Elements in the Title - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 8 ]
The Music Cup Round 10 - Songs with Aristotle's Elements in the Title - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%The Music Cup Round 10 - Songs with Aristotle's Elements in the Title - Page 2 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 13 ]
[ 13 ]

Total Votes : 90

The Music Cup Round 10 - Songs with Aristotle's Elements in the Title - Page 2 Empty The Music Cup Round 10 - Songs with Aristotle's Elements in the Title

Post by sodhat Mon 24 Jun 2013, 9:45 am

First topic message reminder :

Yeah, you read that title right.

We're on the final lap and Hero has an almost unassailable lead. Adam can catch him, but he needs to win the round and for Hero's choice to go pointless. So it could be a procession if he picks up some early votes.

Some good quality in this round, and I hated myself for picking this category because I pretty much drew a blank, and that's why this round is some 40 minutes later than it should have been.

Nonetheless, please select you favourite TWO from the poll.

And thank you to all who have participated, both in the competition and in voting or commenting. It's been a pleasure thumbsup

sodhat

Back to top Go down

The Music Cup Round 10 - Songs with Aristotle's Elements in the Title - Page 2 Empty Re: The Music Cup Round 10 - Songs with Aristotle's Elements in the Title

Post by Hero Mon 24 Jun 2013, 2:18 pm

TV Programmes?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

The Music Cup Round 10 - Songs with Aristotle's Elements in the Title - Page 2 Empty Re: The Music Cup Round 10 - Songs with Aristotle's Elements in the Title

Post by Union Cane Mon 24 Jun 2013, 2:27 pm

DJ Brisk records?

Run
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 24 Jun 2013, 2:27 pm

both could be interesting and funny , seeing peoples tastes
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 24 Jun 2013, 2:28 pm

Women. Categories like best arris / knockers, dirtiest etc

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 24 Jun 2013, 2:31 pm

Il Gialloblu wrote:
Union Cane wrote:Not sure whether this is within the rules but everyone should have a listen...

Airhead - DJ Brisk:

Sod it, me too.

Spoiler:

That's not a bad song.
The Airhead one made me laugh out loud - was it supposed to?

Spoiler:

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 2:35 pm

Kenny wrote:
Azzy Mahmood wrote:What's happening after the music cup? What's our next voting contest?

That's a really good question ................any ideas ?
We've done films, music, sports...it would logically have to be books, tv, maybe history? Travel? Or a general one that covers all sorts of topics. Maybe we could re-visit sports and do a 'greatest individual sporting performance' contest, so you'd get the best of the best going head to head against people like Isner and Mahut, for example.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 24 Jun 2013, 2:35 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Women. Categories like best arris / knockers, dirtiest etc

We could have a round just on Redheads Very Happy
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 24 Jun 2013, 2:37 pm

Best Moderator.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 24 Jun 2013, 2:38 pm

Food.

Call it v2 vs Food. Big Mac for the win in the burger round.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 24 Jun 2013, 2:38 pm

I think music could easily continue with a new 10 rounds.
Could do 10 just based on location for example.

Northern England (Birmingham & above)
Southern England (Below Birmingham)
Wales
Scotland
Ireland (including Northern)
Rest of Europe (excluding the UK)
USA
Canada
Australia
Non English Speaking Countries

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 24 Jun 2013, 2:38 pm

Kenny wrote:

There are some exceptionally lovely redheads out there

Of course, it's pretty hard to tell what a celeb's natural hair colour actually is, at least without getting pretty close to them anyway
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 24 Jun 2013, 2:39 pm

Food sounds good. Could have a whisky round in there
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 24 Jun 2013, 2:40 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:
Kenny wrote:

Of course, it's pretty hard to tell what a celeb's natural hair colour actually is, at least without getting pretty close to them anyway

I find going through their bins helps ...........................oh and their knicker draw
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 24 Jun 2013, 2:40 pm

Books would be good, but there are loads more categories you could do for music, songs featuring colours, songs that have countries/towns in the title, best sixties album, best seventies album, best number one single ever and so on.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 24 Jun 2013, 2:41 pm

sodhat wrote:Food.

Call it v2 vs Food. Big Mac for the win in the burger round.

"Big Macs for the fat,
Lo-cal wraps for the call centre battery hens,
Japanese snacks for the choice-spoilt citizens,
Caviar kickbacks for the citadel denizens."

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 24 Jun 2013, 2:43 pm

Kenny wrote:
ChequeredJersey wrote:
Kenny wrote:

I find going through their bins helps ...........................oh and their knicker draw

Or just pick a hair out of your teeth and have a look

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 24 Jun 2013, 2:44 pm

Could do one on people you'd like to stab in the face:
part 1 - footballers
part 2 - actors
part 3 - politicians
part 4 - people famous for being famous
part 5 - general eg traffic wardens, showjumpers etc
could even have a non-people round like species of animals eg dolphins, pandas etc & a cartoon character round

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 24 Jun 2013, 2:45 pm

Artists beginning with the letter "C".....
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 24 Jun 2013, 2:52 pm

How about the Cultural Cup, where the 10 rounds are a mix of food, drink, TV, Books and Chris Farley films

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 2:54 pm

The Cultural Cup sounds like a winner to me Adam, that way we get to see who's cultured and who's not...

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 24 Jun 2013, 2:55 pm

I'm not. I have a small box of trivia questions entitled "Culture Vultures" where all the questions are about art, theatre etc. I can't get any right picard
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 24 Jun 2013, 2:57 pm

Ooh, we could do theatre, with rounds on Shakespeare, West End Musicals and non-English plays!
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 24 Jun 2013, 2:58 pm

Too much discrepancy on what is considered cultural and what isn't though?

There are a fair few of us from the North and a fair few Southern fairies who think babycham and rosé wine is cultured.

I haven't even included the Scottish posters amongst us.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 24 Jun 2013, 3:00 pm

If there was a clothes round and those poncey shorts that I see young men wearing won it, I think that would be the end of my affiliation with v2.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Jun 2013, 3:02 pm

As the Music Cup has proven, if you want to win, play to the voters, not to your own personal taste.

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 24 Jun 2013, 3:03 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Too much discrepancy on what is considered cultural and what isn't though?

There are a fair few of us from the North and a fair few Southern fairies who think babycham and rosé wine is cultured.

Best not to

I jest. The Scottish make Scotch and thus gain most of the points lost on kilt-wearing, Glasgow and the Deep Fried Mars Bar
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 24 Jun 2013, 3:03 pm

sodhat wrote:If there was a clothes round and those poncey shorts that I see young men wearing won it, I think that would be the end of my affiliation with v2.

From Topman?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 24 Jun 2013, 3:03 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:As the Music Cup has proven, if you want to win, play to the voters, not to your own personal taste.

So much for nominating Titus Andronicus then...

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 24 Jun 2013, 3:05 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Azzy Mahmood wrote:As the Music Cup has proven, if you want to win, play to the voters, not to your own personal taste.

So much for nominating Titus Andronicus then...

Great play
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 24 Jun 2013, 3:06 pm

The Special Juan wrote:
sodhat wrote:If there was a clothes round and those poncey shorts that I see young men wearing won it, I think that would be the end of my affiliation with v2.

From Topman?

Yes. Are you wearing some?

Take them off. Now.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 24 Jun 2013, 3:08 pm

sodhat wrote:
The Special Juan wrote:

From Topman?

Take them off. Now.

A more childish person then me would say "You'd like that, wouldn't you?". However, I will not say it.

You know what country I'm from anyway, as if people would wear shorts up here!!
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 24 Jun 2013, 3:08 pm

sodhat wrote:
The Special Juan wrote:

From Topman?

Take them off. Now.

Are you two flirting?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 24 Jun 2013, 3:08 pm

The Special Juan wrote:
sodhat wrote:
The Special Juan wrote:

From Topman?

Take them off. Now.

A more childish person then me would say "You'd like that, wouldn't you?".  However, I will not say it.  

You know what country I'm from anyway, as if people would wear shorts up here!!

Not even under your tartan skirts?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 24 Jun 2013, 3:09 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
sodhat wrote:
The Special Juan wrote:

From Topman?

Take them off. Now.

Are you two flirting?

That depends. Are you jealous?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 24 Jun 2013, 3:09 pm

sodhat wrote:
The Special Juan wrote:

From Topman?

Take them off. Now.

You could at least offer to take him out for a drink first sodhat

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 24 Jun 2013, 3:10 pm

sodhat wrote:
sodhat wrote:
The Special Juan wrote:

From Topman?

Take them off. Now.

Are you two flirting?

Not particularly. Would just offer to leave the thread if you wanted some space.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 24 Jun 2013, 3:11 pm

sodhat wrote:
sodhat wrote:
The Special Juan wrote:

From Topman?

Take them off. Now.

Are you two flirting?

Not particularly.  Would just offer to leave the thread if you wanted some space.

Not particularly as opposed to not at all suggests you are a little bit jealous. I'm taking that.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 24 Jun 2013, 3:36 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Too much discrepancy on what is considered cultural and what isn't though?

Rose isn't cultured or posh. Very much a staple in France. 5 litres for 17 euros from the Caveau we go to in France and it isn't this ribena coloured stuff you get from supermarkets here. Roll on July.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 24 Jun 2013, 5:05 pm

Did not realise today was the deadline, ahhhh well, I couldnt catch the top two anyway.

Books and TV should be considered next, two things id have much more chance with!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 24 Jun 2013, 5:23 pm

For what its worth id have picked Bonfire by Childish Gambino so id have got no votes anyway!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 24 Jun 2013, 7:41 pm

Bridge over troubled water and waterfall!

Looks like my holiday took me out the running Sad

Oh well at least I can vote with 100% honesty in this one Wink

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Tue 25 Jun 2013, 10:10 am

mystiroakey wrote:Bridge over troubled water and waterfall!

You mean you weren't before?   censored
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 25 Jun 2013, 10:11 am

No Bastille fans, I see
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 25 Jun 2013, 10:17 am

ChequeredJersey wrote:No Bastille fans, I see

I quite like them, there are just better songs on this list.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 25 Jun 2013, 10:18 am

I think members of the French revolution are too.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 25 Jun 2013, 10:20 am

Il Gialloblu wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:Bridge over troubled water and waterfall!

You mean you weren't before?   censored

I occasional picked my own.. thats all...kiss

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 25 Jun 2013, 10:21 am

I like Bastille as well but like Tino said there are just better songs on the list.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Tue 25 Jun 2013, 10:22 am

I had a listen, Chequered, having not of them before. Not my thing. Sounded a bit poppy, and a bit like that other band that I didn't like but whose name I forgot so I just googled; One Rebublic.

Yeah, not a fan. Sorry.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 25 Jun 2013, 10:24 am

No worries
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 25 Jun 2013, 2:03 pm

This is the most even round so far isn't it ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next