The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has Haye-Chisora changed British boxing for the worse ??

+8
ShahenshahG
Rowley
kingraf
hazharrison
JabMachineMK2
davidemore
BlakkMamba
TRUSSMAN66
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Has Haye-Chisora changed British boxing for the worse ?? - Page 2 Empty Has Haye-Chisora changed British boxing for the worse ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:37 pm

First topic message reminder :

Two losers brawling in public.......segregated by a fence at the press conference......A build up of phoney hostility and then snogging later on.....Morons calling it the fight of the century even though one guy had lost his last three fights and the other bottled his biggest test!!

But now...........

Posters are on here salivating about a war of words between fury and Haye...WTF !!!...Fury is saying it's the biggest fight because they have the two biggest gobs in Britain!!

Are people turning into wrestling fans or what ??...

I don't care what Haye says or the big wally says...I'm interested in the fight....and who wins and how..

Has Haye-Chisora showed us that talent doesn't matter ..Just being w*****s enough??

Or am I some grumpy bitter old sad sack purist.............Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Has Haye-Chisora changed British boxing for the worse ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has Haye-Chisora changed British boxing for the worse ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:10 pm

He was asking Chisora who glassed him........

When was the last time you juggled a tripod??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Has Haye-Chisora changed British boxing for the worse ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has Haye-Chisora changed British boxing for the worse ??

Post by thebawwse Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:10 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I'll ignore the idiot...Kingy you're wrong......Tyson the boxer sold the fight with Lewis not the hype...

The only reason Haye-Chisora sold was because of the abuse and the scuffle...
pc lenny on patrol again...

thebawwse

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:12 pm

Who said I was talking about you....Mate I'll ask a favor..

If you could stop spewing on my threads I'd be grateful.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:16 pm

[quote="TRUSSMAN66"]He was asking Chisora who glassed him......../quote]
He thought he had been glassed. But it was actually Haye punching him with a bottle in his hand. No glass was thrown

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:17 pm

Talking about Booth.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:18 pm

Booth wasnt glassed he was hit on the head when Haye swung the tripod

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:19 pm

Fair enough.....Tripods are dangerous things.......

Found any on your digs ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:22 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Fair enough.....Tripods are dangerous things.......

Found any on your digs ??
Nah but my next dig is on an iron age hillfort and im sure the chiefdoms used them for...something...so you never know

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:23 pm

Expect to see you on timeteam in the near future..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:25 pm

Truss mate I understand your point. But, there are far greater issues with the sport. If this sport was well run, or run with a semblance of organisation, a fight between Britains number 1 & 2, one a World champ, the other a European champ who handled himself well at World level against an all-time great should sell without the farce which carried it. No other sport do you retire, decide to comeback then get title shots. No where else do you lose three-four in a row and still be allowed to fight for obscure titles (looking at you Shane). The sport is a caricature of modern sport, run like a throw back to when the "fix" was in all sports and the winner was determined by which mob boss put up more money. Haye Chisora, in any other sport would have been the nadir, but in a sport where we are trying to establish wether Paulie has feather fists based on weather or not he was throwing haymakers or slaps at a women, its business as usual.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:28 pm

I don't doubt there is Kingy and what you say is good.....

However my thread is has British boxing changed for the worse......and with Fury saying it's one of the biggest fights ever because they have big gobs...

It makes me wonder If Boxers and promoters think fake hype is more important than the fights..

Don't want it to turn into WWf..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:28 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Expect to see you on timeteam in the near future..
The guy managing the excavation has been on there a few times

As far as im aware the show is now cancelled with no plans to return. Shame as I fancied my 15 minutes of fame but they will probably find another show to replace it so you never know I might make TV yet Cool

I think the fame would turn me to drink and act like an a**ehole though

So a normal Saturday night really...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:29 pm

You'll have to wait till you're bald and grow a big beard..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:40 pm

To answer your question - No. Haye is a natural salesman, could probably draw 10, 000 for a fight with a wooden puppet. Fury is right, It will be one of, if not the biggest fights in British history. But, relatively speaking it's a fight between an undefeated prospect (with a big mouth), and unified Cruisweweight champ, world champ looking for a shot at the Klitschko's. It deserves to sell, and as long as it doesn't get too "tasty" it won't harm British boxing. It's when Joe Public and Tom the Plumber crash press conferences and throw glass at each other and then attract 20, 000 that I would get concerned. But even then, it would have less to do with the state of British boxing, and more to do with the general public's desire for instant gratification.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:57 pm

Haye didn't sell the Chisora fight...The bad blood did..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:39 pm

BlakkMamba wrote:I don't think he bottled his biggest test, he showed up and threw punches, he didn't throw enough to win the fight, Wlad was quicker and more mobile than he was expecting, but I don't think he gave the disgraceful showing a lot of people seem to think it was.  Wlad was holding on in the 12th for goodness sake after haye caught him flush.  

Don't get me wrong Wlad won convincingly but he's a massively gifted athlete.  To fall short at the highest hurdle is no shame.  He has proved he is the best at one weight, and fought the best at another weight.

If we had a few more fighters like this boxing would be in better shape not worse.

Haye is an alltime brit great.  Behind Carl Froch he is the best fighter of this generation of boxers who came through as pro's in the early 2000's and he has been a genuine two weight world champion.  He deserves a lot more respect than he gets.
I couldnt call Haye a genuine two weight world champion. He was the best cruiserweight but never a genuine heavyweight champion.

If you look into his career I find it hard to see too much greatness in it. At cruiserweight, undisputed, unified etc all sounds great but when you look at it more closely it loses alot of its lustre. He has a good win over Mormeck and at a push you could argue Fragomeni. But the reality is it was a poor division and these fighters were nothing special. He was champion there for about a year and although I think he showed he was the best operator there its not like he extensively cleared out the division or put to gether some quality reign. His cruiserweight greatness amounts to wins over Mormeck and Maccarinelli.  

At heavyweight he has reasonable win over Valuev. Outiside of that, one starts to struggle. And despite Valuevs size, if you use the other semi live (sometimes not) opponents he faced as a benchmark - Chagaev, Ruiz, shot to pieces Holyfield then Hayes performance doesnt actually appear to be all that great.

Then you factor in the outside stuff like talking his way into fighings, hyping them up and as often as not being a stinker. The Audley and Chisora fights was sheer opturtinism. Although Wlad deserves credit for beating Haye, I still think the Hayes whole build up, performance and then toe excuse deserves criticism. Sure its happened before in boxing and other fighters have been guilty of it. Hayes not the first. But that doesnt stop it being embarrassing. 

He was the number 1 in a weak division for a couple of years, and then an on/off top ranked challenger and alphabet holder at heavyweight to date. Defining greatness is subjective so it depends on each person but he would fall outside the top fifteen British fighters for me and as things stand now.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:10 pm

Chisora has lost a lot of weight Manos - he's hired a company to manage his diet - might see a better version of him soon Laugh Solis should try it

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:11 pm

Can't be any worse..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:34 pm

Better late than never I suppose.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:23 pm

Nothing wrong with a Fury vs Haye clash. It has hype, trash talk, mainstream newspaper interest and will attract US audiences.

Its good for the Heavyweight division, as it puts some life into it. A non-title clash that is generating interest and likely alot of money, is great for the sport.

The trash talk attracts a younger audience and not just the 'Just for men' hair dye brigade.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:31 pm

Honestly think this fight will attract American audiences after Haye's non effort against Wlad and Fury's cringeworthy performance against a washed up cruiser ???

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2