The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title

+17
Rowley
doctor_grey
The Womble
VDT
Dolphin Ziggler
Mind the windows Tino.
Il Gialloblu
The Special Juan
mystiroakey
ChequeredJersey
kingjohn7
Galted
JuliusHMarx
Hero
Stella
Adam D
sodhat
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Pick your two favourite tracks:

Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title - Page 3 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 4 ]
Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title - Page 3 Vote_lcap1%Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title - Page 3 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title - Page 3 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title - Page 3 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 4 ]
Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title - Page 3 Vote_lcap11%Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title - Page 3 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 9 ]
Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title - Page 3 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title - Page 3 Vote_lcap1%Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title - Page 3 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title - Page 3 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title - Page 3 Vote_lcap19%Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title - Page 3 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 16 ]
Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title - Page 3 Vote_lcap12%Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title - Page 3 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 10 ]
[ 2 ]
Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title - Page 3 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title - Page 3 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 7 ]
Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title - Page 3 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 7 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 3 ]
Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title - Page 3 Vote_lcap10%Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title - Page 3 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 8 ]
Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 83

Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title - Page 3 Empty Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title

Post by sodhat Mon 10 Jun 2013, 11:52 am

First topic message reminder :

After the glory of boyband-based round 5, comes a fairly simple category from which you need to select your TWO favourite tracks.

Adam and Hero are just beginning to creep away from the pack and a strong round for both again will make it tough to catch them in the remaining rounds. Their winning has nothing to do with being admins either, you sceptical swines.

Round 7 will commence Thursday, probably around 9am (assuming I'm not late for work) and the category will be "songs by artists that are dead". By which I mean ones that are dead now, not that were recording songs from beyond the grave.

I'd also like to make the distinction that you can't have songs by bands that include one person who is now dead. I.e. no Nirvana, Queen (thank God), or Bee Gees. You could have songs by a band that are all dead though, but I don't care to research that deeply.

Get choosing.

For all the leaderboard and last round info, go find that page in the Music section.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title

Post by Galted Wed 12 Jun 2013, 2:21 pm

Does anyone else not bother with an alternative selection knowing their original choice will be so badly received no-one else would have dreamed of choosing it as their selection in the first place?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Cup Round 6 - Songs with names in the title

Post by Il Gialloblu Wed 12 Jun 2013, 2:21 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
VDT wrote:I've still got Zero! Not good! Cry

I only have 1 vote and that was almost certainly The Boss who voted for me.

Anyway sodhat, I spend a whole 15 seconds writing a brilliant review of my song and you don't even bother posting it.

You can be very hurtful sometimes.

He doesn't always post the ones I copy 'n' paste from wiki either.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Jun 2013, 2:23 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I only have 1 vote and that was almost certainly The Boss who voted for me.
Bruce Springsteen is voting for you? Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 12 Jun 2013, 2:23 pm

Yeah, sorry about that. I forgot to post them and then when I remembered I'd already deleted all the PMs I'd received.

If that makes you feel any better. Which it should.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 12 Jun 2013, 2:25 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I only have 1 vote and that was almost certainly The Boss who voted for me.

Bruce Springsteen is voting for you? Shocked
He would if he is a poster.

We do have a poster called The Boss though and he is a huge Springsteen fan.  Perhaps he is Bruce himself, it would make sense. 

I was relying on my review of the song to garner a mass of other votes but sodhat crushed that particular dream of mine.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Wed 12 Jun 2013, 2:27 pm

Galted wrote:Does anyone else not bother with an alternative selection knowing their original choice will be so badly received no-one else would have dreamed of choosing it as their selection in the first place?

I didn't bother for the next round. This round, I had Clint Eastwood (the Gorillaz one) as Number 2 but kind of knew it wouldn't be necessary. Would have probably gotten me more votes than Ada has though. But I don't like it half as much. I don't actually like it very much at all in truth.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Wed 12 Jun 2013, 2:30 pm

I think everyone should YouTube I'm Not Jesus - Apocalyptica (feat. Corey Taylor) realise what a brilliant song it is then change their vote! chin
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 12 Jun 2013, 2:31 pm

Il Gialloblu wrote:
Galted wrote:Does anyone else not bother with an alternative selection knowing their original choice will be so badly received no-one else would have dreamed of choosing it as their selection in the first place?

I didn't bother for the next round. This round, I had Clint Eastwood (the Gorillaz one) as Number 2 but kind of knew it wouldn't be necessary. Would have probably gotten me more votes than Ada has though. But I don't like it half as much. I don't actually like it very much at all in truth.
I just pick a song I like and then steadfastly refuse to vote for it.

If no-one else likes it then bumholes to you all.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 12 Jun 2013, 2:36 pm

I'm just picking songs I like now and I'm doing better. I was trying to go with things I thought were popular, and I've found out that I have no idea what is popular.

To think, I picked a Cee-Lo Green song.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 12 Jun 2013, 2:36 pm

If you'd have gone with Johnny 99 as your Springsteen song Tina I would have voted for you. Love that song.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 12 Jun 2013, 2:37 pm

Or Bobby Jean. Great track.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 12 Jun 2013, 2:38 pm

In fact, what with Jeff's post and mine, I wouldn't even have voted yours in the top two Springsteen tracks with names in them.

Misfire.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 12 Jun 2013, 2:39 pm

Rosalita is better as well Sodhat. Would appear Tina is a lost cause.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Wed 12 Jun 2013, 2:42 pm

Don't forget Streets of Philadelphia.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 12 Jun 2013, 2:42 pm

Rowley wrote:Rosalita is better as well Sodhat. Would appear Tina is a lost cause.
Outlaw Pete is awesome. 

8 minutes of magic containing love, life, loss, a trail of broken hearts and death.

Could have been written about me actually.  Aside from the trail of broken hearts and the death bit.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 12 Jun 2013, 2:44 pm

Gutted I missed doing this. Suspect some of my choices would have made Union's look populist.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Wed 12 Jun 2013, 2:44 pm

I've got a soft spot for Secret Garden
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 12 Jun 2013, 2:46 pm

VDT wrote:I've got a soft spot for Secret Garden
So have I, although I suspect secret garden means something different where I come from.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 13 Jun 2013, 9:07 am

Round closed, 83 votes cast.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 13 Jun 2013, 9:11 am

This forum update means I can copy my lovely spreadsheet straight in, so here are the choices and scorers from this round:

TinoOutlaw Pete - Bruce Springsteen 
Adam DMaggie May - Rod Stewart9
Julius  
NandoMolly's Chambers - Kings of Leon6
Cherriesfna  
SodhatBuddy Holly - Weezer8
EnforcerA Boy Named Sue - Johnny Cash4
TSJMaria - Blondie1
HeroLola - The Kinks10
Azzy  
GaltedElvis is Dead - Peter and the Test Tube Babies 
Il GiallobluAda - The National 
VDTI'm Not Jesus - Apocalyptica (feat. Corey Taylor) 
KennyPeggy Sue - Buddy Holly2
Chris WApril Come She Will - Simon and Garfunkel4
The BossMary Jane's Last Dance - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers2
ChequeredAlison - Elvis Costello1
MystiRoxanne - The Police7
GregersJoleen - The White Stripes2
Union CaneViolet Rain - Coloured Vision
crazygangwombleMustang Sally - Wilson Picket6
StellaDear Prudence - The Beatles1

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 13 Jun 2013, 9:12 am

I cannot believe 10 people on the board had Maggie May in their top two. That song is serious guff.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 13 Jun 2013, 9:13 am

And here is the leaderboard:

Hero48
Adam D41
Mysti31
Il Gialloblu25
Chris W25
crazygangwomble25
Enforcer24
Nando23
Sodhat23
Kenny23
TSJ22
Tino17
Chequered17
Stella10
The Boss8
Gregers5
Azzy3
Cherriesfna2
VDT2
Julius0
Galted0
Union Cane0

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 13 Jun 2013, 9:15 am

Savages!  You're all a bunch of bloody savages!

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu 13 Jun 2013, 9:16 am

Hero wrote:I cannot believe 10 people on the board had Maggie May in their top two. That song is serious guff.

Yeah, not one of his best.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 13 Jun 2013, 9:16 am

Had a feeling that would hurt you, Galted!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 13 Jun 2013, 9:17 am

I have only just sent my pick for the next round sodhat!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 13 Jun 2013, 9:21 am

Got it Mysti

Need from Gregers, Julius, Nando, and a new pick from womble. I'm PM'd him though.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 13 Jun 2013, 9:25 am

Need to help Union out in this round. Feel bad for him.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 13 Jun 2013, 9:26 am

sodhat - Just sent you mine. Another zero-pointer!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 13 Jun 2013, 9:28 am

I can see Adam going into the lead in the next round, don't think my choice will get many votes.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 13 Jun 2013, 9:28 am

Rowley wrote:Need to help Union out in this round. Feel bad for him.

The strength of this next round is ridiculous in my opinion.

If you can't pick Union's song out of it, I would be shocked.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 13 Jun 2013, 9:29 am

Rowley wrote:Need to help Union out in this round. Feel bad for him.

Why? Is this the same Cane who threw his dummy out of the pram and didn't pick a Britpop song because he "didn't like it first time round".

Still has you fooled after all this time, Jeff.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 13 Jun 2013, 9:31 am

Was blissfully unaware of that Tina, must have happened when I was sunning myself. You have to make allowances for the man though, there are side effects to his borderline autism.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 13 Jun 2013, 9:33 am

Rowley wrote:Was blissfully unaware of that Tina, must have happened when I was sunning myself. You have to make allowances for the man though, there are side effects to his borderline autism.

Indeed. I think Union is great, always have done. I just refuse to pander to his attention seeking.

But you're right, he is borderline mental, so perhaps I should be a little more patient with him.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 13 Jun 2013, 9:34 am

Can I just say that Maggie May is a fine song and one of Rods best!

When the mandolin kicks in at the beginning, it brings about a summery feel to the day.

I am surprised it didnt win!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 13 Jun 2013, 9:35 am

I view him similar to Stephen Hawkins, the man is clearly a genius but you have to accept he talks a bit funny.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Jun 2013, 9:36 am

I think there's been a typo lads - 'Adam D' should actually read 'Ada MD'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 13 Jun 2013, 9:38 am

Adam D wrote:Can I just say that Maggie May is a fine song and one of Rods best!

When the mandolin kicks in at the beginning, it brings about a summery feel to the day.

ffs Adam, "one of Rod's best" - that's like saying "the least smelly turd in the bowl".

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 13 Jun 2013, 9:38 am

Rowley wrote:I view him similar to Stephen Hawkins, the man is clearly a genius but you have to accept he talks a bit funny.

He almost certainly looks like him as well.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 13 Jun 2013, 9:40 am

Am going to have to defend Adam a bit on this one. Maggie May is a fine song, very well crafted pop song by a vastly underrated singer and songwriter

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 13 Jun 2013, 9:44 am

Galted wrote:by Galted Today at 9:38

Adam D wrote:Can I just say that Maggie May is a fine song and one of Rods best!

ffs Adam, "one of Rod's best" - that's like saying "the least smelly turd in the bowl".

I am amazed they didnt have that on the cover of his greatest hits.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 13 Jun 2013, 9:46 am

Rod was in the Faces, have a little respect you philistines!

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 13 Jun 2013, 9:48 am

https://www.606v2.com/t45214-music-cup-round-7-dead-artists#2121654

New one up

If Nando appears around lunchtime, as he usually does, I will need an admin type to put his song in the poll for me.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 13 Jun 2013, 9:50 am

Adam D wrote:
Galted wrote:by Galted Today at 9:38

I am amazed they didnt have that on the cover of his greatest hits.

Laugh

I have actually owned one of his greatest hits albums.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3