The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE OMPL CHAMPIONS CUP FINISHED: FINAL RESULTS!

+20
compelling and rich
Silver
Eyetoldyouso
bellchees
AlexHuckerby
88Chris05
Bellz84
Steffan
Union Cane
bhb001
Boxtthis
as1079
trenchtownbaboon
Hibbz
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
tomfinneywalksonwater
mobilemaster8
ShahenshahG
lfc91
owen10ozzy
24 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

THE OMPL CHAMPIONS CUP FINISHED: FINAL RESULTS!  - Page 4 Empty THE OMPL CHAMPIONS CUP FINISHED: FINAL RESULTS!

Post by owen10ozzy Sat 01 Jun 2013, 11:11 am

First topic message reminder :

OMPL Hall Of Fame & Past Seasons:

OMPL CUP WINNERS
Season
Winner
Runner Up
# 1
Manos De PiedraShahenshahG
PAST OMPL CUPS
https://www.606v2.com/t31231-the-ompl-cup-1-complete-winner-manos-de-piedra?highlight=OMPL

THE OMPL CHAMPIONS CUP

Welcome to the OMPL Champions Cup

This cup will take place over a set number of weeks (which will be dependant on number of entrants). At the end we will crown the OMPL Champions Cup winner.

The winner of the cup will carry over 5 'BONUS POINTS'  into Season 5 of the OMPL when it begins. Given the close nature of the majority of the seasons so far I am sure you will agree this is a great prize and may very well prove to be invaluable come the end of next season.
The format of the cup is as follows:

Stage 1: The first 3 weeks will consist of Group Stages which will be drawn in the coming days. Entrants will be seeded based on there finishing position in Season 4 of the OMPL. You will then play each person in the group once with 3 points awarded to for a win & 1 for a draw.

Stage 2: After 3 weeks the tournament will change into a knockout format containing the Winner of each group and the 2 best runner up's from all the groups.

Below you will find the rules & the scoring system – Please note that when it comes to the scoring you cannot have one without the other. That is to say if you fail to predict the winner you will not score points for method etc. YOU HAVE TO PREDICT THE WINNER TO GET THE OTHER POINTS.

Scoring
Spoiler:
Rules
Spoiler:
FINAL FIGHT RESULTS

FIGHT #MATCHUPRESULT
# 1Juan Francisco Estrada vs Milan Melindo 12 RoundsESTRADA UD
# 2Odlanier Solis vs Yakup Saglam 12 RoundsSOLIS LKO
# 3Selcuk Aydin vs Aaron Herrera 10 RoundsAYDIN LKO
# 4Keith Thurman vs Diego Gabriel Chaves 12 RoundsTHURMAN LKO
# 5Andre Berto vs Jesus Soto Karass 12 RoundsKARASS LKO
# 6Anthony Dirrell vs Anthony Hanshaw 10 RoundsDIRRELL EKO
# 7Omar Figueroa vs Nihito Arakawa 12 RoundsFIGUEROA UD
# 8Cristian Mijares vs Cristobal Cruz 10 RoundsVOID
ROUND 1 GROUP STAGES:  

Group Tables:Final Standings

Spoiler:

CHAMPIONS CUP & EURO CUP QUARTER FINAL RESULTS

Spoiler:

CHAMPIONS CUP & EURO CUP SEMI FINAL RESULTS:

Spoiler:

CHAMPIONS CUP & EURO CUP FINAL RESULTS

Spoiler:

Congratulations to our Champions!! Bhb001 takes the prestigious Champions Cup and with it a bonus 5 points for next years league. Compelling & Rich wins the EURO Cup!

Last edited by owen10ozzy on Sat 10 Aug 2013, 1:16 pm; edited 51 times in total

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

THE OMPL CHAMPIONS CUP FINISHED: FINAL RESULTS!  - Page 4 Empty Re: THE OMPL CHAMPIONS CUP FINISHED: FINAL RESULTS!

Post by bhb001 Thu 27 Jun 2013, 7:32 pm

DavidBlunkettsuppercut wrote:
compelling and rich wrote:when do we find out who were playing ozzy?

Is that so you can copy most results off your opponent and then make a slight adjustment? Very Happy

That is too much like hard work for me. Prefer my pray and guess technique

bhb001

Back to top Go down

THE OMPL CHAMPIONS CUP FINISHED: FINAL RESULTS!  - Page 4 Empty Re: THE OMPL CHAMPIONS CUP FINISHED: FINAL RESULTS!

Post by Bellz84 Thu 27 Jun 2013, 8:06 pm

# 1 Gennady Golovokin LKO (W)
# 2 Thomas Oosthuizen UD
# 3 Gavin Rees LKO
# 4 Brian Rose UD (W)
# 5 Scott Quigg LKO
# 6 Paul Smith LKO
# 7 Frankie Gavin UD
# 8 Joan Guzman LKO
# 9 Grezegorz Proska UD
# 10 Willie Nelson UD

Bellz84

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Thu 27 Jun 2013, 9:32 pm

# 1 Gennady Golovokin LKO
# 2 Thomas Oosthuizen UD (W)
# 3 Gavin Rees UD
# 4 Brian Rose UD (W)
# 5 Scott Quigg LKO
# 6 Paul Smith UD
# 7 Denton Vassell UD
# 8 Joan Guzman UD
# 9 Grezegorz Proska UD
# 10 Willie Nelson UD

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Fri 28 Jun 2013, 8:59 am

Guzman just came in heavy (for about the 4th time in his career). Weighed in too heavy for a WW in a fight supposed to be for an interim JWW 'title'. What a joke!

http://www.boxingscene.com/guzman-heading-147-title-on-line-mosquera-only--67092

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Fri 28 Jun 2013, 1:04 pm

Ok draw for the Quarter Finals of both the Champions Cup and Euro Cup are now up. Apologies for the delay, hectic week at work!!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Fri 28 Jun 2013, 1:21 pm

Any chance of a new opponent? Me and WHU have identical predictions and wildcards apart from Rees by UD or LKO. If Crolla wins I guess we have a stalemate.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 28 Jun 2013, 1:29 pm

Just noticed that as well

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 28 Jun 2013, 1:30 pm

Crolla won't win.

Not for me to say but perhaps Owen could pick three further fights to use as a tie-break, with predictions submitted via PM?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Fri 28 Jun 2013, 2:36 pm

I have a method for a tie break if it occurs not to worry!!One which I am sure everyone else but those taking part will enjoy!! Very Happy

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Fri 28 Jun 2013, 2:51 pm

I actually changed my mind from LKO to UD as well so would have been identical until I remembered Broner just flat laughing in Rees face at his punch power, hopefully Crolla can shake it off as well.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Fri 28 Jun 2013, 4:52 pm

Ooft I've drawn the seriously in form Bellz84. Should be a tough one.

Wish I could've changed my Guzman pick now that he's ignored the concept of weight divisions. Pretty convinced he'll KO Mosquera now.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Fri 28 Jun 2013, 7:50 pm

Guzman is out:

http://www.boxingscene.com/joan-guzman-out-mosquera-vs-rivera-now-play--67116

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 01 Jul 2013, 11:27 am

That went well.

Only five winners, two with the correct method and one spot on giving me a grand total of 13 points.

I'm beginning to suspect that I DKSAB.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 01 Jul 2013, 11:44 am

Both my wil cards were spot on I believe. I think I have north 30 points which is respectable. Mind you, pride cometh before a fall

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 01 Jul 2013, 11:54 am

Union Cane wrote:That went well.

Only five winners, two with the correct method and one spot on giving me a grand total of 13 points.

I'm beginning to suspect that I DKSAB.

ah good old union, not figured out my score but think i may have done you nearly off one fight as i got one of my wildcards spot on

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 01 Jul 2013, 12:07 pm

Don't even need to calculate mine Union. Ive just checked 88Chris05 and the first one - Golovkin EKO (w). Cheers. And then predicted pretty much bang on. Looks like im out....unless its two legs??

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon 01 Jul 2013, 5:41 pm

Ok results for the Quarter Final are done!!

I have been so busy at work that I am unable to do a little play-off between WHU_Champo & bellchees. As a result we have a 3 way match in the semi final - unless Bellz84 is unhappy with that..in which case I will have to do something last minute and WHU & Bellchees you will need to watch this thread throughout the week.

Best of Luck as always!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellz84 Mon 01 Jul 2013, 7:44 pm

I'm cool with that Owen. "To be the best, you have to beat the best" - haha. A three way is never a bad thing either.... Whistle 

Thanks for organising all this, been good fun. The upcoming week is a tough one though, haven't got a clue which way I'm gonna go for Price v Thompson, may even have to toss a coin. Price must have the power to hurt Thompson, but what happens if Thompson lands a punch???

Bellz84

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 01 Jul 2013, 8:34 pm

DKSAB!! Well played Chris...saying that, i got more points then i thought and was happy just to get to knockout faze. Maybe next year

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 01 Jul 2013, 9:23 pm

The two highest scores of the last round against each other. Should be fun. But as has been said, there are some real pickem fights this week. Good luck Chris. I'll get my predictions up tomorrow.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue 02 Jul 2013, 4:52 pm

Not confident on any of the picks this week, so down to luck (again). Good luck Chris and thanks again Ozzy for all the effort

# 1 Green, UD
# 2 Sturm, UD
# 3 Miranda, EKO
# 4 Mitchell, EKO (W)
# 5 Thompson, EKO
# 6 Hamilton, UD
# 7 Satchell, UD (W)
# 8 Gutierrez, LKO

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue 02 Jul 2013, 5:50 pm

owen, the winner of the champions league gets a 5 point bonus but what about us the uefa cuppers? do we get anything for winning?

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidBlunkettsuppercut Thu 04 Jul 2013, 10:56 am

1 Alvarez LKO
2 Sturm UD
3 Miranda LKO
4 Mitchell EKO
5 Price LKO
6 Hamilton UD
7 Satchell UD (w)
8 Gutierrez EKO (w)
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
DavidBlunkettsuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by as1079 Thu 04 Jul 2013, 8:59 pm

Green UD
Sturm UD
MIranda LKO
Mitchell EKO
Price EKO
Anwar UD W
Satchell UD W
Gutierrez LKO

as1079

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellz84 Thu 04 Jul 2013, 9:14 pm

# 1 Eleider Alvarez LKO
# 2 Felix Sturm UD
# 3 Koni Konrad LKO
# 4 Kevin Mitchell EKO (W)
# 5 David Price LKO
# 6 Adil Anwar UD
# 7 Kevin Satchell UD (W)
# 8 Andres Gutierrez EKO

Bellz84

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Thu 04 Jul 2013, 9:21 pm

# 1 Eleider Alvarez EKO
# 2 Felix Sturm UD (W)
# 3 Edison Miranda LKO
# 4 Kevin Mitchell EKO
# 5 Tony Thompson LKO
# 6 Adil Anwar UD
# 7 Kevin Satchell UD (W)
# 8 Andres Gutierrez EKO

Not confident about any of these!

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu 04 Jul 2013, 10:03 pm

# 1 Eleider Alvarez EKO
# 2 Felix Sturm UD (W)
# 3 Edison Miranda LKO
# 4 Kevin Mitchell EKO (W)
# 5 David Price EKO
# 6 Darren Hamilton UD
# 7 Kevin Satchell UD
# 8 Andres Gutierrez UD

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 05 Jul 2013, 12:48 pm

1) Eleider Alvarez, Late KO
2) Felix Sturm, Unanimous Decision - WILDCARD
3) Edison Miranda, Late KO
4) Kevin Mitchell, Early KO
5) David Price, Unanimous Decision
6) Adil Anwar, Unanimous Decision
7) Kevin Satchell, Unanimous Decision - WILDCARD
8) Andres Gutierrez, Early KO

Ta Owen.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 05 Jul 2013, 1:21 pm

Alvarez LKO
Sturm UD
Miranda LKO
Mitchell LKO
Price LKO (W)
Anwar UD (W)
Sachell UD
Guitierez EKO

Back to top Go down

Post by tomfinneywalksonwater Fri 05 Jul 2013, 4:15 pm

Alvarez Lko
Sturm ud w
Miranda Lko
Mitchell Lko
Price eko w
Anwar ud
Satchell Lko
Gutierrez Lko

Cheers ozzy

tomfinneywalksonwater

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellz84 Sat 06 Jul 2013, 5:57 pm

Alvarez V Green didn't happen...

One day after missing his contract weight by six pounds, Allan Green pulled out of this week's ESPN2 "Friday Night Fights" main event, citing food poisoning.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/9453156/allan-green-former-super-middleweight-world-title-challenger-pulls-fight-citing-food-poisoning

Bellz84

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Sun 07 Jul 2013, 7:07 pm

Looks like fights 1 and 3 didn't go ahead

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu 11 Jul 2013, 9:02 am

Hi OMPL Cup Competitors,

Those of you still left in the competition. Just a quick update on what is happening! I have had somewhat of a hectic past few days and have barely had time to catch my breath never mind update this. However rest assured I will get it done by tomorrow evening.

With regards to the FINALS (bhb001 I got your message) they will be taking place on the weekend of the 27th July.

This was mostly due to the fact I am going on holiday on Sunday so won't get a chance to do results and didn't want people waiting around again, but then I checked the weekends fights for the next 2 weeks and the 27th is by far the best in terms of number of fights and top class action.

I am sure you will all agree that we want the final to be a bit of a biggie, with plenty of fights and fighters who you know to predict with.

I will do my best to get the semi-final scores done tonight but failing that I will definitely get a chance tomorrow.

Apologies for the wait I know it's frustrating!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Thu 11 Jul 2013, 9:47 am

Sort it out man!

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 11 Jul 2013, 10:11 am

Ozzy, don't listen to bellchees!! You're doing a grand job!! I am quite happy to leave the final (assuming I am in it) to a week that deserves it!!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu 11 Jul 2013, 10:43 am

Pretty sure im in the final of the europa, not added up scores just compared them to finneys and think I beat him

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidBlunkettsuppercut Thu 11 Jul 2013, 11:02 am

compelling and rich wrote:Pretty sure im in the final of the europa, not added up scores just compared them to finneys and think I beat him

I think it might me and you in the final C+C so be on your A game mate! you dont wanna do a BLUNKETT Laugh
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
DavidBlunkettsuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 11 Jul 2013, 12:39 pm

You two can fight it out for the Euro cup. My sights are focused on the Championship!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidBlunkettsuppercut Mon 22 Jul 2013, 4:41 pm

Tumbleweed 
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
DavidBlunkettsuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 24 Jul 2013, 7:29 pm

i take it nothing is happening with this? just declare me the winner and have done with it Very Happy 

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 24 Jul 2013, 7:50 pm

Since you are in the Euro cup, you can have it. I think I've done enough to get into the Champions Cup final if it ever happens!!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu 25 Jul 2013, 1:19 pm

Back a little later than anticipated from my holidays! Apologies for the wait you impatient buggers Wink

So the semi final results have been updated and the draw for both the Euro Cup & the big one....the Champions Cup Final have now been completed.

Well done to those who are through, I am sure many of you worked it out before hand, best of luck this weekend and commiserations to those who fell at the Semi Final stage, I hope you will join in when the new league season starts up.

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 25 Jul 2013, 1:21 pm

Big fat Solis is fighting....yay!!!! Tumbleweed 
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Fri 26 Jul 2013, 8:02 am

FIGHT # MATCHUP RESULT
# 1 Melindo, UD
# 2 Solis, EKO
# 3 Aydin, LKO
# 4 Thurman, EKO
# 5 Berto, UD
# 6 Dirrell, EKO (W)
# 7 Arakawa, LKO
# 8 Mijares, UD (W)

Good luck Bellchees, but not too much! Smile 

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 26 Jul 2013, 6:02 pm

# 1 Milan Melindo UD
# 2 Odlanier Solis LKO (W)
# 3 Selcuk Aydin UD
# 4 Keith Thurman UD
# 5 Andre Berto LKO
# 6 Anthony Dirrell LKO
# 7 Omar Figueroa UD
# 8 Cristian Mijares UD (W)

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Fri 26 Jul 2013, 8:03 pm

I came back from holiday today fully expecting to have missed this if I had made it through so this is a nice surprise.

# 1 Juan Francisco Estrada UD
# 2 Odlanier Solis EKO
# 3 Selcuk Aydin UD
# 4 Keith Thurman EKO (W)
# 5 Andre Berto SD (I think Karass will win but get shafted)
# 6 Anthony Dirrell LKO
# 7 Omar Figueroa UD
# 8 Cristian Mijares UD (W)

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidBlunkettsuppercut Sat 27 Jul 2013, 10:29 am

1 Milan Melindo UD
2 Odlanier Solis EKO (w)
3 Selcuk Aydin UD
4 Keith Thurman EKO (w)
5 Andre Berto LKO
6 Anthony Dirrell EKO
7 Omar Figueroa UD
8 Cristian Mijares UD
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
DavidBlunkettsuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Sun 28 Jul 2013, 8:46 am

I reckon bellchees has just taken it. I got Dirrel spot on as my wild card, but got a three others wrong which knocks out that lead. I'll wait for confirmation from Ozzy, but well done bellchees, champ.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Sun 28 Jul 2013, 12:17 pm

Final Results are up!! That brings to an end the 2nd Year of the OMPL Cup Competitions. Thank to all those who took part, hope you enjoyed it and will come back for the new league season.

Congratulations to our 2 Champions! It was a great end to the Cup with two keenly contested finals...just one point separating competitors in both matches. In the end though it was bhb001and Compelling & Rich who took the spoils.

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Sun 28 Jul 2013, 12:50 pm

Weh heh. Bragging rights!!!! Thanks for running this Ozzy

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next