The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE 'OMPL' CUP 1 COMPLETE: Winner Manos De Piedra

+32
Knowsit17
6oldenbhoy
Daz
Unbeatable Georgey Groves
The Galveston Giant
paperbag_puncher
Eyetoldyouso
alanqlm
BarneyRubble
PPVxHOTTY
sherm
lfc91
tomfinneywalksonwater
as1079
All Time Great
compelling and rich
RANDY77
ShahenshahG
bellchees
Valero's Conscience
bhb001
two_tone
Imperial Ghosty
Mind the windows Tino.
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
Steffan
mobilemaster8
PF4EC
Soldier_Of_Fortune
sparky marky
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
owen10ozzy
36 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

OMPL - THE 'OMPL' CUP 1 COMPLETE: Winner Manos De Piedra Empty THE 'OMPL' CUP 1 COMPLETE: Winner Manos De Piedra

Post by owen10ozzy Mon 18 Jun 2012, 6:18 pm

THE OMPC - INAUGRAL CUP COMPETITION FOR THE NEWLY FORMED OMPL

Welcome to the first cup competition, part of the OMPL.

This cup will take place over a set number of days (which will be dependant on number of entrants). At the end we will crown the OMPC winner.

The winner of the cup will gain automatic entry into the Championship for the next 'OMPL' if they are already part of the 'OMPL' then they will get 5 'BONUS POINTS' at the start of the season! Im sure you will agree its a pretty good prize.

The format of the cup will be a straight knockout consisting of ‘Rounds’. These will take place over consecutive days until we have our winner.

Each day I will post the results of the previous round and the next set of fights to be predicted.

Below you will find the rules & the scoring system – Please note that when it comes to the scoring you cannot have one without the other. That is to say if you fail to predict the winner you will not score points for method etc. YOU HAVE TO PREDICT THE WINNER TO GET THE OTHER POINTS.

SCORING & RULES

Spoiler:

Those who were part of the inaugural OMPL season you will be automatically entered into the draw. If you do not wish to take part then please please inform me so I can strike you off.

THE FOLLOWING PLAYERS WILL NOT ENTER THE CUP UNTIL THE LATTER STAGES:

[i]Manos Die Piedra (‘bye’ till round 3)
tophat 24/7 (‘bye’ till round 3)
88chris05 (‘bye’ till round 3)
Compelling & Rich (‘bye’ till round 3)

ROUND 1 RESULTS

Spoiler:

ROUND 2 RESULTS:

Spoiler:

ROUND 3 RESULTS:

Spoiler:

QUARTER FINAL RESULTS

Spoiler:

SEMI FINAL RESULTS

Spoiler:

OMPC FINAL RESULT

Manos De Piedra 25 Points vs 22 Points ShahenshahG

So we finally have our first ever OMPC Winner and for Manos De Piedra it completes a historic double. The man who was crowned the OMPL Premiership Champion was unstoppable in his quest to prove his Predictive abilities. It wasn't a complete walkover however and ShahenshahG can feel proud in his run to the final. Having won promotion the to the Premiership in the coming Season 2 of the OMPL he will enter with some confidence that he can do well and possibly gain revenge over Manos.

As for our double champion...a 5 point bonus will be given to him at the start of next season, making the task for anyone to overhaul him all the more difficult. The question is will he be back to defend his crown or with his supreme prediction skills will he simply enter a line on next weekends lottery and disappear into the distance with a lasting legacy?!

FIGHT # MATCHUP RESULT
# 1Wladamir Klitchsko vs Tony Thompson 12 RoundsKlitchsko EKO
# 2Kell Brook vs Carson Jones 12 Rounds Brook MD
# 3Kerry Hope vs Gregorz Poska 12 Rounds Poska LKO
# 4Gavin Rees vs Derry Matthews 12 Rounds Rees LKO
# 5Rocky Fielding vs Ferenc Hafner 6 RoundsFielding EKO
# 6Tyson Fury vs Vinny Maddalone 12 Rounds Fury EKO
#7 Lee Haskins vs Stuart Hall 12 RoundsHaskins UD
#8 Nonito Donaire vs Jeffrey Matthebula 12 RoundsDonaire UD
#9 Kelly Pavlik vs Will Rosinsky 10 RoundsPavlik UD

Last edited by owen10ozzy on Sat 01 Jun 2013, 11:00 am; edited 51 times in total

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

OMPL - THE 'OMPL' CUP 1 COMPLETE: Winner Manos De Piedra Empty Re: THE 'OMPL' CUP 1 COMPLETE: Winner Manos De Piedra

Post by owen10ozzy Mon 18 Jun 2012, 7:27 pm

Hiya pal,

Wouldnt be looking to actual have the first fights up for prediction until Sunday/Monday next week.

Really depends on how much interest it gathers etc.

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

OMPL - THE 'OMPL' CUP 1 COMPLETE: Winner Manos De Piedra Empty Re: THE 'OMPL' CUP 1 COMPLETE: Winner Manos De Piedra

Post by owen10ozzy Mon 18 Jun 2012, 7:40 pm

No will be done and finished by then. Although Season 2 of the league will be getting underway at the beginning of July..If you give me dates that your away for I can send you the fights for prediction in advance or we can sit you out for one season...up to you.

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 18 Jun 2012, 9:06 pm

Nice one Owen, your doin a great job mate. Keep it up
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sparky marky Mon 18 Jun 2012, 9:09 pm

Hi Owen

I'd like to be involved if that's ok with you...??

Cheers
Sparky

sparky marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 18 Jun 2012, 9:14 pm

Mark to be part of the family you must successfully complete the iniciation , and that is:

The peeling of an orange in your back pocket with a boxing glove on.

Then you are in Wink
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon 18 Jun 2012, 9:27 pm

Sparky Marky - No problem your in. Make sure you keep an eye on the thread.

Reborn - I cant remember you passing that challenge and if you did I have yet to see evidence Wink

Alma - Ha...i'll let you off flooding my thread with nonsense...purely on the basis it made me chuckle and also brought back the joy of getting a 'Gameboy birthday cake'...which amazingly had a 3d Super Mario coming out the screen!! Best cake I think I have ever seen!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by sparky marky Mon 18 Jun 2012, 9:32 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Mark to be part of the family you must successfully complete the iniciation , and that is:

The peeling of an orange in your back pocket with a boxing glove on.

Then you are in Wink

Blimey! Initiation's are a lot different to when i was younger. Still, anything is better than ones that involve being naked, covered in butter or drinking unidentified liquid from a shoe OK

sparky marky

Back to top Go down

Post by sparky marky Mon 18 Jun 2012, 9:33 pm

[quote="owen10ozzy"][i]Sparky Marky - No problem your in. Make sure you keep an eye on the thread.

Aye Aye Captain Very Happy

sparky marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 18 Jun 2012, 11:18 pm

Add me up

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by PF4EC Tue 19 Jun 2012, 2:00 pm

I'm up for it.

PF4EC

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 19 Jun 2012, 4:44 pm

PF4EC - Spot reserved for you pal.

Soldier - Oh dear you have just become my 'poor example'..please read below mate Wink

TAKE NOTE PEOPLE IF YOU WERE IN THE OMPL THEN YOU NEED NOT ENTER AS YOU HAVE AN AUTOMATIC SPOT IN THE CUP. YOU ONLY NEED TO TELL ME IF YOU 'DO NOT' WISH TO BE IN THE CUP.

OK SO FAR I HAVE 46 ENTRANTS..INTEREST IS LOOKING SLOW IN THIS ONE. I HAVE 46 NOW SO LETS ATTEMPT TO GET PERHAPS 10-20 MORE THEN WE WILL KICK THINGS OFF. ANYONE WHO WASNT PART OF THE OMPL IM SURE EVERYONE IN THAT GAME COULD VOUCH THAT THIS IS A GOOD THING TO BE PART OF SO GET YOURSELF INVOLVED.

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 19 Jun 2012, 5:20 pm

Would like to also get involved!

Cheers

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 19 Jun 2012, 5:53 pm

Mobile - No problem mate. Your in![i]

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by PF4EC Tue 19 Jun 2012, 6:12 pm

So what rounds count as an early ko and what rounds count as a late one? Also, do you get bonus points if you can accurately guess how much the judges were "paid"?

PF4EC

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 19 Jun 2012, 6:15 pm

Add me up please mate......................................................................................................Just kidding Wink

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidBlunkettsuppercut Wed 20 Jun 2012, 12:07 pm

PF4EC wrote:So what rounds count as an early ko and what rounds count as a late one? Also, do you get bonus points if you can accurately guess how much the judges were "paid"?

1-6= EKO 7-12=LKO OK
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
DavidBlunkettsuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed 20 Jun 2012, 1:20 pm

Steffan - Can always rely on you! Perhapsyou should be worrying about getting your predictions right this time round Wink

DavidBlunkettsuppercut - Cheers for explaining that to him.

It seems this one isnt gathering to much interest unfortunatly chaps. Im going to aim for 56 people so we need another 9. If not I will just run it with whatever we have come Friday evening.

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by PF4EC Wed 20 Jun 2012, 1:22 pm

^ thanks for that, need to get my post count up before I can join the sheep goat thing. Gd luck with that - you seem to have a reputation. Whistle

PF4EC

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed 20 Jun 2012, 1:38 pm

PF4EC - Who was the reputation comment aimed at?... Shocked

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by PF4EC Wed 20 Jun 2012, 1:39 pm

Blunkett surely?

PF4EC

Back to top Go down

Post by PF4EC Wed 20 Jun 2012, 1:41 pm

I'm digging myself a hole here censored

PF4EC

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidBlunkettsuppercut Wed 20 Jun 2012, 1:43 pm

PF4EC wrote:Blunkett surely?

The Blunkett is awsome!
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
DavidBlunkettsuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed 20 Jun 2012, 1:51 pm

So good he can get away with spelling awsome without the 'e' Wink

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by PF4EC Wed 20 Jun 2012, 1:52 pm

^ Yeah, I meant you have a good reputation. Wink

PF4EC

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed 20 Jun 2012, 2:03 pm

PF4EC - I didnt realise I had one to be honest mate...Intrigued to know what it is now!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by PF4EC Wed 20 Jun 2012, 2:07 pm

I love how my instance on using the "^" horses up all of my relies. Owen ur reputation is surely being the best poster on 606 ever!... so if there is ever a spot open in the premier league, *cough*.

PF4EC

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed 20 Jun 2012, 2:20 pm

Yeh your use of the ^ does confuse who your getting your point across too.

As for a spot in the Premiership no such luck...however if you win the cup you will get 1 of the 4 spots that will be available in the Championship next season.

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu 21 Jun 2012, 1:28 pm

Ok sadly chaps interest in this seems non existent Tumbleweed . (Hopefully it wont be the case when it comes to the OMPL Erm )....Still only 47 names registered.

Anyone who does roll through and have a look...Can promise you its a good game and you only need to take 5 mins out of your day to get on and submit your predictions. *plug,plug,plug*

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu 21 Jun 2012, 9:53 pm

OK FOLKS....ROUND 1 FIXTURES ARE NOW UP AND THE FIGHTS TO BE PREDICTED ARE UP SO START SUBMITTING YOUR PREDICTIONS!!

BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Fri 22 Jun 2012, 10:02 am

OK FOLKS....ROUND 1 FIXTURES ARE NOW UP AND THE FIGHTS TO BE PREDICTED ARE UP SO START SUBMITTING YOUR PREDICTIONS!!

BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE

THERE ARE STILL 9 SPOTS AVAILABLE SO IF YOU WANT TO GET INVOLVED JUST LET ME KNOW BELOW AND I WILL SIGN YOU UP

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 22 Jun 2012, 10:43 am

Deontay Wilder EKO
Lucas Matthyse UD
Victor Ortiz UD
Willy Velazquez UD
Liam Cameron UD
Efrain Esquivias UD

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 22 Jun 2012, 10:47 am

Sorry.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 22 Jun 2012, 10:58 am

alma wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Sorry.

?

Just feel bad for you, alma. I don't like to think of you being upset over Deontays CV.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 22 Jun 2012, 11:40 am

Deontay Wilder EKO
Lucas Matthyse UD
Victor Ortiz UD
Willy Velazquez UD
Liam Cameron UD
Efrain Esquivias UD

Regards

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by DavidBlunkettsuppercut Fri 22 Jun 2012, 11:41 am

Deontay Wilder EKO
Humberto Soto UD
Victor Ortiz LKO
Willy Velazquez UD
Liam Cameron UD
Efrain Esquivias UD
DavidBlunkettsuppercut
DavidBlunkettsuppercut

Back to top Go down

Post by PF4EC Fri 22 Jun 2012, 12:03 pm

Deontay Wilder EKO
Lucas Matthyse UD
Victor Ortiz LKO
Willy Velazquez LKO
Draw
Draw

PF4EC

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 22 Jun 2012, 12:48 pm

Wilder Eko
Soto ud
Ortiz lko
Velasquez ud
Cameron ud
Ramos ud

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Fri 22 Jun 2012, 1:02 pm

Wilder EKO
Matthyse LKO
Ortiz UD
Velazquez UD
Cameron UD
Ramos UD

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Fri 22 Jun 2012, 1:56 pm

# 1 Wilder, EKO
# 2 Matthyse, LKO
# 3 Ortiz, UD
# 4 Velazquez, UD
B-UP 1 Liam Cameron, UD
B-UP 2 Ramos, UD

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 22 Jun 2012, 3:22 pm

Deontay Wilder EKO
Lucas Matthyse UD
Victor Ortiz LKO
Willy Velazquez UD
Liam Cameron UD
Efrain Esquivias LKO
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Fri 22 Jun 2012, 4:31 pm

THANKS TO THE 9 WHO HAVE GOT THEIR PREDICTIONS IN....TO THE REST OF YOU I HAVE EXTENDED THE DEADLINE TILL 5PM ON SATURDAY SO STILL PLENTY OF TIME....

IF YOU FAIL TO PREDICT YOU WILL FORFEIT YOUR TIE!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 22 Jun 2012, 4:49 pm

Wilder EKO
Matthyse LKO
Ortiz LKO
Velazquez UD
Cameron UD
Ramos UD

Cheers Owen

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Fri 22 Jun 2012, 4:57 pm

# 1 Deontay Wilder EKO
# 2 Lucas Matthyse SD
# 3 Victor Ortiz UD
# 4 Jose Gonzalez UD
B-UP 1 Liam Cameron LKO
B-UP 2 Rico Ramos UD

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 22 Jun 2012, 5:12 pm

Wilder EKO
Matthyse UD
ortiz EKO
Velazquez UD
Cameron UD
Esquivias UD

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RANDY77 Fri 22 Jun 2012, 5:34 pm

BECK UD
SOTO UD
ORTIZ EKO
GONZALEZ LKO
CAMERON UD
RAMOS UD

RANDY77

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 22 Jun 2012, 5:55 pm

just to let you know ozzy i am intrested in this, just waiting till my round.

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Fri 22 Jun 2012, 6:09 pm

No problem Compelling! I guessed as much...but thanks for informing me.

I just hope those who dont want to be involved let me know before it gets underway....if they dont they may find their OMPL place under threat when season 2 gets underway Whistle

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Fri 22 Jun 2012, 7:22 pm

Wilder LKO
Soto UD
ortiz EKO
Velazquez UD
Cameron UD
Esquivias UD

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by as1079 Fri 22 Jun 2012, 7:53 pm

Apologies, Owen. Misread the initial deadline and thought it was some point tomorrow.

Anyway,

Wilder EKO
Matthysse UD
Ortiz LKO
Gonzalez UD
Cameron UD
Ramos UD

as1079

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next