The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Actors you dislike with a passion!!

+32
Interceptor
SecretFly
rIck_dAgless
Pr4wn
westisbest
The Special Juan
Knowsit17
Bull
The Saint
bhb001
kingjohn7
jimmyinthewell68
kingraf
Sir. badgerhands
Alsie
Mr Bounce
superflyweight
Il Gialloblu
ONETWOFOREVER
super_realist
dummy_half
Hero
Mike Selig
JuliusHMarx
Shot 21 LCFC
Mind the windows Tino.
The Womble
Adam D
Galted
Nakatomi Plaza
Rowley
TRUSSMAN66
36 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Actors you dislike with a passion!! - Page 3 Empty Actors you dislike with a passion!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 13 May 2013 - 17:16

First topic message reminder :

1. Nick Cage...Over-acts in everything he's in.........(snake eyes WTF!!!!!)

2. Adam Sandler.....Let me punch his head in.........

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 13 May 2013 - 17:30; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Actors you dislike with a passion!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Actors you dislike with a passion!!

Post by Bull Sat 20 Jul 2013 - 18:16

Mr Bounce wrote:Even Liam Neeson was better than him in The Lion The Witch & The Wardrobe & he was a CGI Lion...

Laugh Laugh Laugh  thats one of the best things i have ever read!

Bull

Back to top Go down

Actors you dislike with a passion!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Actors you dislike with a passion!!

Post by Knowsit17 Sun 21 Jul 2013 - 14:13

The two protagonists from the Twilight saga, particularly the cheating spotlight-craving bird. Though in fairness that originates in large part from the tabloids being too lazy to ever write down their names in full.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun 21 Jul 2013 - 14:33

I'm not a huge film buff but Jayden Smith, Hayden Christensen and Adam Sandler are good shouts. I'd like to add anyone from any American Pie movie and anyone from The Big Bang Theory. There's someone who I genuinely dislike beyond all measure but their name has escaped me.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sun 21 Jul 2013 - 14:39

The Special Juan wrote:There's someone who I genuinely dislike beyond all measure but their name has escaped me.

Will Ferrell?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Sun 21 Jul 2013 - 15:11

The Special Juan wrote:I'm not a huge film buff but Jayden Smith, Hayden Christensen and Adam Sandler are good shouts.  I'd like to add anyone from any American Pie movie and anyone from The Big Bang Theory.  There's someone who I genuinely dislike beyond all measure but their name has escaped me.

Looks more that you dislike these rather than the actual actors in it, to be honest.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun 21 Jul 2013 - 15:29

Galted wrote:
The Special Juan wrote:There's someone who I genuinely dislike beyond all measure but their name has escaped me.

Will Ferrell?

I'm not big on him but it's not him.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun 21 Jul 2013 - 15:31

bhb001 wrote:
The Special Juan wrote:I'm not a huge film buff but Jayden Smith, Hayden Christensen and Adam Sandler are good shouts.  I'd like to add anyone from any American Pie movie and anyone from The Big Bang Theory.  There's someone who I genuinely dislike beyond all measure but their name has escaped me.

Looks more that you dislike these rather than the actual actors in it, to be honest.

Maybe American Pie as I let my dislike of that movie series get in the way of the actors themselves, but everyone in The Big Bang Theory was highly irritating, especially their voices.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun 21 Jul 2013 - 15:33

Can I also add Kevin Bacon to the list? He's done nothing in movies to annoy me but those adverts on TV he does have made me dislike him. How petty am I? Laugh
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 21 Jul 2013 - 17:11

I agree about Bacon...overrated for sure..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 21 Jul 2013 - 20:15

The Special Juan wrote:Can I also add Kevin Bacon to the list?  He's done nothing in movies to annoy me but those adverts on TV he does have made me dislike him.  How petty am I?  Laugh

I love those ads:D 

Think Kevin Bacon is a top actor.

Overrated............. Never.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sun 21 Jul 2013 - 20:45

Well said Westi Bacon is top drawer. He is brilliant in the Woodsman and Mystic River, when you more than hold your own with Sean Penn and Tim Robbins you can act.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun 21 Jul 2013 - 21:26

I'll add

Murder In The First & Sleepers as great performances.

He was good in Crazy Stupid Love.
Even his part in JFK was impressive.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sun 21 Jul 2013 - 21:43

Rowley wrote:Well said Westi Bacon is top drawer. He is brilliant in the Woodsman and Mystic River, when you more than hold your own with Sean Penn and Tim Robbins you can act.

He was good in Mystic River but doesn't take much to hold your own with Sean See-How-Long-I-Can-Continuously-Bawl-My-Eyes-Out Penn & Tim Robbins who is on par with Nicolas Cage & Keanu Reeves when it comes to woodenness.

Last edited by Galted on Mon 22 Jul 2013 - 7:02; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : the grammar police are coming)

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 21 Jul 2013 - 23:04

I dont know her name, but that girl in Twighlight, the lead, with the dead eye... It was horrid! I cant believe I watched that movie series! I was at that Anything for some cookie stage I suppose, and my girlfriend liked it... Even watched Bridesmaids with here... Whoever those women are, go top of my list. Flat out nasty, not even in a funny way, like female Stiflers Dont nobody want that.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 22 Jul 2013 - 9:42

Orlando Bloom. Shocking.

I also have a strong hatred of James Corden. Stop making jokes about your weight, it's not funny any more.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 22 Jul 2013 - 13:05

after re-watching the star wars series again, hayden christiansen is pretty high up my irritation ladder.

Jim Carrey constantly is...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Jul 2013 - 13:16

Rowley wrote:Well said Westi Bacon is top drawer. He is brilliant in the Woodsman and Mystic River, when you more than hold your own with Sean Penn and Tim Robbins you can act.

Sean Penn yes but Tim Robbins ?????....

Maybe Footloose has killed my love for Bacon.........Only eat sausages now !!!..They cook them just right at the Oyster..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Mon 22 Jul 2013 - 14:51

Tim Robbins is an amazing actor!!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Mon 22 Jul 2013 - 14:51

Check out Arlington Road.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Jul 2013 - 15:09

I hate that Wallace guy........Saw him in the curse of the wererabbit.......Never seen anybody so emotion less...........Like he's been made out of clay or something..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 22 Jul 2013 - 15:29

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:Check out Arlington Road.

Was good in that.

Not forgetting Shawshank Redemption.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 22 Jul 2013 - 15:32

Ray Winstone? Highly irritating.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Jul 2013 - 15:34

I prefer my actors to have charisma and Robbins doesn't have any....Like him as a guy though seems like a good guy....

Thought Winstone was superb in sexy beast.........When Kingsley ws on the rampage he genuinely looked scared stiff........Showed he has a vast range..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Mon 22 Jul 2013 - 22:55

Martin Freeman. What a massive lump of good-natured nothingness all wrapped up in a small happy British package. He's just so... INOFFENSIVE. And it drives me up the wall!!

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 Jul 2013 - 11:25

That ginger muppet out of CSI miami......Up himself big style that guy..

and only the lord knows why..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 24 Jul 2013 - 20:52

The Ginger Muppet is having a laugh.  CSI is a comic book caper.  His delivery and iconic gazes are all part of the caricature deal.  You want realism, you watch The Godfather!

No!!! Don't.  Because one overrated guy has been eating cheap lunches on the back of those movies for decades now.

Mr OTT himself, Al (never whisper when you can hyperventilate and emote) Pacino. At least the Ginger Muppet understands the volume switch.

Who else irritates me?  

Colin Firth.  A guy who seems to have carved a career out of being grey and bland and making both 'sexy'.
Brad Pitt - Not a bad actor but neither is he good enough or charismatic enough to have had the charmed movie 'superstar' existence he's had (in the pages of popular gossip media, that is Wink)
Robert Downey Jnr - An actor who has lost himself in his own screen presence and assumes the same 'character' will suffice in all movies.  Not necessarily a bad thing, it's just that his particular rapid-fire talking machine, self-confidence oozing character is just a guy I can't warm to.
Simon Pegg - I think he might be a nice man but he doesn't make me laugh and laughing is presumably his selling point.
Christian Bale - it takes more than the ability to slim down and bulk up (all in the one week) to impress me.  He doesn't have genuine menace although he tries so hard (too hard) to extract it in his movies (even going so far as threatening a set technician with bodily injury).  It doesn't work Christian.  You'll always be the little boy with the toy plane in Empire of the Sun.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 Jul 2013 - 21:26

Downey jr because he isn't anything like Howard Hughes/Tony stark..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 24 Jul 2013 - 21:29

Disagree he is Tony Stark without a doubt matches the comics perfectly

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 Jul 2013 - 21:32

I've got the collection....Stark isn't a funny guy...Howard Hughes wasn't funny...

He was a cold blooded industrialist in the comics...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 24 Jul 2013 - 21:44

agree to disagree i have read the Civil war/the adventures of iron man and he is a jerk just like how RDJR plays him in the films

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Interceptor Wed 24 Jul 2013 - 21:45

Maybe back in the day. In the marvel comics today he is a perfect match.

Interceptor

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 Jul 2013 - 21:50

Bull wrote:agree to disagree i have read the Civil war/the adventures of iron man and he is a jerk just like  how RDJR plays him in the films

I've got the original collection and costly it was compiling it....

Stark is a cold blooded workaholic...with later alcohol problems......maybe you should invest too..

Or read Stan lee's description of Stark and why he based him on Hughes..........Who I'm sure you've never heard of..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Interceptor Wed 24 Jul 2013 - 21:54

Characters in comics change and evolve from what they were originally based on. Superman was originally a villan.

Interceptor

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 Jul 2013 - 21:55

Tony Stark was based on Howard Hughes......Who was Superman based on ??

Just be told..and go and wiki Howard Hughes..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Interceptor Wed 24 Jul 2013 - 21:59

Yes based on him. I'm well aware who Howard Hughes is. You seem to have ignored what I said. Characters evolve and change! I'm not debating that he was based on Howard Hughes, just that the character in the films is a truer reflection of stark in the comics nowadays. Not his original comics. Simple enough for you to understand?

Interceptor

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 Jul 2013 - 22:01

Interceptor wrote:Yes based on him. I'm well aware who Howard Hughes is. You seem to have ignored what I said. Characters evolve and change! I'm not debating that he was based on Howard Hughes, just that the character in the films is a truer reflection of stark in the comics nowadays. Not his original comics. Simple enough for you to understand?

Like I said I have the collection as Iron Man was always my favorite..

Maybe If you'd read any you'd see he hasn't evolved very much from 1-400....Who was superman based on ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 24 Jul 2013 - 22:05

dude the stark in the films is the one of the modern comics and it fits if you ask me having read the adventures/civil war where he fits the character spot on ; the whole part of the joke it him meant to be a jerk/smart ass. It fits it perfectly to a modern film version of Iron Man sure its not perfectly like the comics but its close.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 24 Jul 2013 - 22:10

This is Funny. It's like hearing a monologue from The Comic Book Guy.... only with two or three voices doing it.

"If my knowledge of sci-fi movies is correct, which it is, the black car is an advanced probe for the mothership. Now, if you're through, I'm going to spend my last hours on Earth complaining about movies on the internet."

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 Jul 2013 - 22:11

Bull wrote:dude the stark in the films is the one of the modern comics and it fits if you ask me having read the adventures/civil war where he fits the character spot on ; the whole part of the joke it him meant to be a jerk/smart ass. It fits it perfectly to a modern film version of Iron Man sure its not perfectly like the comics but its close.

We can agree to disagree................

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Interceptor Wed 24 Jul 2013 - 22:13

I have read them thank you very much. The stark in the modern day comics and the one in the films is a perfect match. Surely you can understand this? Please note I'm not debating who he was based on.

Superman wasn't based on anyone, I was giving an example of a character changing.

Interceptor

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 Jul 2013 - 22:16

Interceptor wrote:I have read them thank you very much. The stark in the modern day comics and the one in the films is a perfect match. Surely you can understand this? Please note I'm not debating who he was based on.

Superman wasn't based on anyone, I was giving an example of a character changing.

Okay.......I'm a real Tony stark fan.............James Bond has changed but I still prefer Connery..

Hughes is tony Stark..But we can agree to disagree.......

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 24 Jul 2013 - 22:16; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Interceptor Wed 24 Jul 2013 - 22:17

So am I.

Agreed. Agree to disagree.

Interceptor

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 24 Jul 2013 - 22:23

Superman was based on someone. He was based on quite a few guys actually. Most of them gods from either pagan Greek, Roman, Celtic or even Christian sources.

Superman was by no means the first super man.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 Jul 2013 - 22:25

Really...........Couldn't have been Claudius...As Clark Kent didn't eat mushrooms..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Interceptor Wed 24 Jul 2013 - 22:28

I meant his very first publication as an evil character. His alter ego further along the comics was indeed based on characters from multiple sources.

Interceptor

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 24 Jul 2013 - 22:37

Gods are/were evil as the classics yet again confirm. There is always a source.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 24 Jul 2013 - 22:40

Anyway, like I said on another thread. Absolutely no Superman meets Batman should be put on-screen unless Godzilla is given a cameo Wink

Back to actors who irritate:

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Interceptor Wed 24 Jul 2013 - 22:48

Probably right, can't find anything to say who though.

Whilst its great to see the film being made. Have a horrible feeling they'll do a wolverine and get it all wrong!.

Back to the op.

Hugh Grant. Plays the same floppy haired twit in every film.

Interceptor

Back to top Go down

Post by Interceptor Wed 24 Jul 2013 - 22:50

On and Pacino (present) HOO HA! SHOUTY SHOUT is not acting.

All of the hollyoaks actors. Painful.

Interceptor

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 18:32

That little Asian umpa lumpa scroat in the Johnny Depp willy wonka movie.....who kept popping up..all the time...

I'd like to drive over him and keep reversing and driving over him until there is nothing left..

Nothing to do with him being Asian mind.....Some good ones about......like Art Malik

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 31 Jul 2013 - 18:34; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next