The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fast Forward RAW review

+5
x12x
MetalMotty
Dr Gregory House MD
psycho-gooner
Adam D
9 posters

Go down

Fast Forward RAW review Empty Fast Forward RAW review

Post by Adam D Tue 16 Apr 2013, 9:36 am

The show kicked off with, errr, I cant quite remember. ACtually the whole show was pretty forgettable. I suppose I had bettr go on a website to read a review of what I saw.

Nah, lets do it from memory.

I think that Orton and Sheamus vs Big Show happened. Orton got the win after the faces overcame the odds in the handicap match. Wait a minute, thats not right. Arent handicap matches usually against the face? And then the one against the odds wins? Not on RAW baby! The two faces took on one heel and won. Slow clap for the creative team on this one.

I am sure the next segment will make sense.

So what did we have....

The devastating trio who have beaten all in front of them took on the Shield. Yes 3MB called out the shield because lets face it, its going to end well for them. So who comes out? Brock Lesnar.

So we had 2 faces vs 1 heel match followed by a heel against 3 heels. And the 3 heels got squashed. After the match, Heyman, in between my fast forwards, said something about HHH.

Whats next?

Ah, at least Cesaro wont let us down. Whats that, he lost to Kofi clean on RAW his title? So last week, Wade won the title clean and now Kofi wins clean on the next RAW. So not only are the titles completely devalued, Cesaro gets yet another loss. Creative are on fire!

Ziggster vs Her name is Rio. Never starts because Swagster attacks Prince Alberto. Pointless. Actually, the BBC gameshow is more entertaining than this.

Whats next? Ah yes, Team Hell no pin the Prime Time players. Wheres Pancake Pete when hes needed for comedy relief?

So what next?

Whats that coming through? Is it a hurricane? No its the bandwagon, and WWE are jumping all over it. The commentators start selling like they are on the Apprentice. Its Fran Tango time and last weeks crowd and downloads are talked up. Eventually Stanwango comes out and does his schtick as 3 whole people in the crowd join in. there might have been 4 people but I think the 4th person was listening to Saturday Night Fever on their walkman.

NEXT!

Ryback on video because presumably he cant talk live. I reckon that they did more takes of this promo than I do of my intro of the podcast. yes thats at least 4 takes. And it still was brilliantly underwhelming. had he turned? Had he not? I guess we might find out later.

NEXT I SAID.

Truth beat Wade clean. let me repeat that. The new champ lost clean to a guy who hasnt won since ECW Zombie was last in the ring. I reckon that WWE creative were on their easter holidays and let my 12 year old nephew who has ADD book tonights show. Stay strong Brian, we all love you.

NEXT.

Womans match. The twin mannequins beat Random Blond champ #23.

NEXT.

Team Rhodes Scholars vs Khali and Santino. This was all about filler. Like polyfiller. That you use on walls which then need painted. And whilst that paint is drying, you might choose to watch it instead of this weeks RAW. I recommend it.

NEXT

At last. The Champ is here. Well Ziggler is. So what does he have for his first match as champ? A clean loss to the Swagster. Genius!

Next.

When is this going to end?
Punk at last. He will save the segment. He will, wont he? Please say he will. Whats going on. Godammit. Hes wondered off to find Sean Michaels smile.

NEXT.

Please end this now. cena comes out. Blah, blah, poopie, blah. The shield attack but will Ryback save him? No he doesnt. Its official, Ryback is now a heel. Best bit of the show right here folks. Yes my highlight of the night goes to.....

the little WWE Copyright logo that appeared at the bottom of the screen to signify the end. Thank you logo man. Thank You.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Fast Forward RAW review Empty Re: Fast Forward RAW review

Post by psycho-gooner Tue 16 Apr 2013, 9:47 am

Great review!

I've officially given up on the mid-card titles now. They're like a poison chalice if you're a heel.

Managed to watch Raw in about 90 mins, almost a new record for me

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 16 Apr 2013, 11:17 am

I'll copy and paste my review from the other Raw thread, save typing something else

Now that I've had time to digest the show, it wasn't a classic by any streach.

The face/heel balance was wrong all night, in one show we had 2 faces vs 1 heel in a match, a heel beatdown of 3 heels, and a heel vs heel match.

Cesaro losing his title was out of the blue, his push has really gone off the rails in the past few months, I sort of took it as a given that when the part-timers had moved on from 'mania season his push would resume but he seems to be slipping further away.

I'm worried that the Fandango craze is going to kill his character, as we saw last night, there was not the rabid enthusiasm that there was just one week ago, I like him, but I think WWE would be better sustaining a solid push rather than giving him too much and overkilling it.

The Punk promo, yes it made sense, yes Punk acted it very well, but for so long, we (or at least I) have expected Punk to come out and deliver a blistering promo that will lift the show, he probably needs the rest, and deserves it, but I will miss him.

Ryback is now a bit of a coward? That didn't take long, I'll say it again, I think it would have been better if the Sheild had come out while they were staring down and have Ryback leave to make a point.

In positives, it was a very solid show wrestling wise, that handicap, US title, tag and Ziggler/Swagger matches were all solid, Brock still does a beatdown like no one else can, and speaking of beatdowns The Sheild pancaked Cena again Yahoo

Speaking of The Sheild, have you see the advertised match for next weeks show Drool , they can't seriously be about to give this match away on free TV, its done its job anyways, I will be watching.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Tue 16 Apr 2013, 11:49 am

Good review and honest.
shame really cause raw was quite entertaining last week, but post Mania is always gonna be bad

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Apr 2013, 12:14 pm

I'm assuming in the middle of the Cena ryback showdown, they weren't supposed to cut to the Shield (for all of 3 seconds) as ryback first got in the ring

All in all, what a load of cr@p

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Apr 2013, 12:17 pm

Actually scratch that, they just brought it up then

Still cr@p though

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 16 Apr 2013, 12:18 pm

gazzyD wrote:I'm assuming in the middle of the Cena ryback showdown, they weren't supposed to cut to the Shield (for all of 3 seconds) as ryback first got in the ring

All in all, what a load of cr@p

Forgot that, that was funny, the way Rollins was bent over looking under the curtain

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue 16 Apr 2013, 12:19 pm

Comparing last weeks Raw and last nights is like the wrestling equivalent of beer goggles. Last week we had an amazing crowd and an amazing show and this week we're back to the same old crap, it's like going to bed with Kaitlyn and waking up with Vickie Guerrero.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 16 Apr 2013, 12:25 pm

I actually don't think the show as that good last week though. We had just as much filler as this week, the only two things that stood out last week were the Shield nearly attacking Undertaker and Ziggler's cash in.

I also think people have overrated that crowd so much, they obviously had a lot of fun, but it was at the expense of the show. They didn't care what was happening in the ring half the time. Last week was just as average as this week for me.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue 16 Apr 2013, 12:48 pm

Highlight of the night? Booker T getting a bit Harlem Heat with Teddy Long

"YOU NEED TO HANDLE YOUR BIZNIZ DAWG....HANDLE YOUR BIZZZNIZZZ"

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 16 Apr 2013, 12:52 pm

Not a great show this week and Punk's promo was awful by his standards

Hunter vs Lesnar 3? That'll be Batista showing up to help out his buddy then

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 16 Apr 2013, 1:22 pm

The US Champ, the IC Champ and the WHC Champ all lost clean last night, strange method

As for The Shield, I actually wanted Ryback to save Cena only for The Shield to destroy Ryback again, I think it could have helped reaffirm Ryback's point that while he saves Cena, Cena never manages to return the favour

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Tue 16 Apr 2013, 1:57 pm

Adam D wrote:Truth beat Wade clean. let me repeat that. The new champ lost clean to a guy who hasnt won since ECW Zombie was last in the ring. I reckon that WWE creative were on their easter holidays and let my 12 year old nephew who has ADD book tonights show. Stay strong Brian, we all love you.

Laugh

I think I enjoyed this review more than I did Raw last night, as said above it was 90% filler, so many booking decisions that just don’t make sense:

Turning Ryback heel, who after cena is probably the most over face WWE has and someone who could potentially take his crown one day as the top baby face
Having your new WHC lose clean in his first match as champion to the guy who couldn’t get it done against the previous champ
Clean defeats for both the US and IC champs
Lesnar HHH 3
Heel to face ratio

I really don’t understand WWE at the moment, 95% must be booked on the fly!

I had a feeling the whole Fandango hype would fall flat this week, let’s face it last week’s Raw crowd was full of smark fans in town for WM having a lot of fun being smarks; cheering the heels, booing the faces and chanting insider jokes, this was never going to be replicated to the same extent this week or any other imo. The crowd last week made raw feel better than it was, looking back it was average but the fun the crowd was having made the night feel special.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down