The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fast Forward Raw Review

+17
KasperTheFriendlyGhost
Kay Fabe
Mr H
Celtic Warrior
MtotheC
Dx Dan.
psycho-gooner
Kenny
Ent
legendkillar
liverbnz
Marky
Miz NG
Sara
bretmeharty
Beer
Adam D
21 posters

Go down

Fast Forward Raw Review Empty Fast Forward Raw Review

Post by Adam D Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:09 am

Its me. Its me. Its FFRR.

Last nights Raw in fast forward. Awful.

You want me to expand. Okay I will.

HHH comes out and tells everyone he was about to fire big Johnny but he has a stay of execution. Then talks of the undertaker. Wants to remember him as the phenom and not as the guy ho was stretchered out last Wrestlemania. Match declined. Went on for about 15 minutes too long and it was a 16 minute segment. As he leaves, the arena goes black. Everyone, including the audience at home is shocked as they didnt expect that.

Vignette plays offering another chance at the streak in return for the Undertakers chance at walking out tall. Or some BS like that.

Bryan vs Show. AJ nearly gets squashed again by Show but he stops himself. She is wearing a comedy neck brace and looks to be ageing like Benjamin Button (ie in reverse). Or was that Mork? It was one of them. And this elongated thought about which one it was, is far more interesting than the whole segment. Bryan says Big Show ran AJ over on purpose or something. Its hard to lipread at "x6" speed.

Otunga might have been next. Does a segment in the ring saying Big Johnny is great. sheamus comes out for an impromptu match and wins. Otunga did get some offence in surprisingly. Quick match (well it was at "x12")

Jericho comes out and tells the world that he "trolled" them. And that it was the end of the world as we know t for some reason which made absolutely no sense. Thats the last we will hear about those segments! He calls everyone Jericho wannabes. Miz + suit = already done. Kofi + highflying = Y2J already done. Ziggler + Vicki = Y2J with Steph. Can't remember what he said about R Truth but he had already done it. Then he calls Punk a y2j wannabe too. Punk music hits. Wow - the show is full of surprise tonight. Punk comes down mic in hand and goes toe to toe. He then drops it without saying a word and walks off. The two best talkers and they dont interact - all kinds of awesome!

A couple of Big Johnny skits (one with Josh, one with HHH) - best thing about the show.

Up to x30 now.

Khali/ Orton vs Rhodes/ Barrett. Khali picks up the pin after the chop on Rhodes. Pushing the young highflyers again - great to see. Can it go any faster than x30? Oton RKOs Khali for some reason.

Cena talks to some Nascar driver. Cena gets invited to start the 54th (a special one obviously) Indy 500 race on Feb 26th. Put it in your diary folks. NASCAR WOOOOOOO! I'm poor and stupid. NASCAR WOOOOOOO!

Womens match - 6 person tag. I think one of the Bellas got pinned. Really not sure but the Glamazon was smiling for some reason.

The undertaker vignette was played again. That was for people who had forgotten about the importance of the match from 60 minutes ago (or 8 minutes ago if you are fast forwarding like me).

A segment about the rock on Jay Lenos show. NASCAR! WOOOOOOOO!

Main event - 6 man 6 pack challenge. Chamber entrants in it. Punk hit the go to sleep on someone (I think it was Ziggler, might have been Kofi, at a push Miz - defo not Truth as he was carried out after botching a over the top manoeuvre and landing on his head). Punk gets dragged out by y2j who makes the cover for the win. He holds up Punks belt. Thats nearly it but then I realised there was one last segment I was forwarding through. Where is the rewind? Kane confronts Eve in her towel (why was she wearing a bra underneath the towel?). Talks about Cena embracing the hate. He's nearly there apparently. After going to a NASCAR event he will be all the way there in my opinion. WOOOO! If he doesnt embrace it fully soon, Kane is going to......fast forward, so I dont know.

The end.

Awful.

Last edited by Adam D on Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Fast Forward Raw Review Empty Re: Fast Forward Raw Review

Post by Beer Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:23 am

Laugh

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:38 am

Raw was crap, way too many videos and clips.

And was Kane about to Cuddle in a bad way Eve

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:28 pm

[quote="Adam D"]Punk comes down mic in hand and goes toe to toe. He then drops it without saying a word and walks off. /quote]

Love it! Y2J + Punk = heart

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by Miz NG Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:28 pm

Raw sounds really poor, which is a shame as last week's was pretty good.

Apart from maybe 6 segments/incidents, I'll be watching Raw tonight fast forward too.

Miz NG

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:37 pm

I watched it without fast forwarding nearly as much as Adam did, and I enjoyed it! It was a bit of a "meh" show, nothing shocking as it's slowly building to Wrestlemania, but a solid show in my opinion.

I also thought Kane would "struggle snuggle" with Eve, seeing as he has previous (Lita, Katie Vick)

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:39 pm

HHH too big for the streak now I see. Grade A tool.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:49 pm

I noticed that. He's done with burying the younger talent so he's burying the phenom.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:50 pm

Awesome stuff Adam.

I didn't tape it and thank Flip I didn't waste nearly 12% of me planner space!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:08 pm

Read the full results and thought it sounded a decent show.

Think the set up for the streak match is clever enough, people desperate for a shot chasing taker has been done a lot- taker wanting to prove his dominance over the guy who put him out for 10 months makes sense.

People like complaining, it advanced storylines but lacked moments - isn't this what people wanted?

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:13 pm

Compared to last weeks show Raw was poor lastnight but then given the quality of matches on last weeks Raw it was always going to be .
Agree far to many video segments .
I did think Punk non talking the non talking Jericho was clever .

With EC just round the corner and Mania to build up putting on a decent Raw got lost lastnight .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:16 pm

Ent wrote:Read the full results and thought it sounded a decent show.

Think the set up for the streak match is clever enough, people desperate for a shot chasing taker has been done a lot- taker wanting to prove his dominance over the guy who put him out for 10 months makes sense.

People like complaining, it advanced storylines but lacked moments - isn't this what people wanted?

Nah, people want CM Punk style shoot promos on a weekly basis and matches between the best Indy guys (if they were all that good, they wouldn't be in the Indies, just saying), and twists and turns every show.

Then they complain about WCW/TNA, where they had shoot promos on a weekly basis and unnecessary twists and turns every show...

Seriously. This Raw was as good as most others, if you didn't like this week's Raw it's because you don't like this era's wrestling. In my opinion.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:17 pm

One thing I have only just realised is that there was no Brodus Clay.

Is the flavour of last month already been sidelined?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:47 pm

Clay worked a dark match before the show apparently another 2 min squash
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:53 pm

I enjoyed Raw. Yes we all expected a pipe bomb from Punk but simply turning around and flashing ''Best in the world'' in Y2Js face was fairly original. By winning the 6-pack challenge Jericho will now enter the chamber last, he must win it?

Worst part was definitely the tag match, WWE once again not putting over the younger talent woohoo

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:53 pm

I am sick to death of you losers moaning about Raw every single week. You can never pick out the positives and there is just no pleasing some people!

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:04 pm

Dx Dan. wrote:I am sick to death of you losers moaning about Raw every single week. You can never pick out the positives and there is just no pleasing some people!

I always see the good in things.

Impact from London was epic!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:23 pm

Dx Dan. wrote:I am sick to death of you losers moaning about Raw every single week. You can never pick out the positives and there is just no pleasing some people!

Just tell it how is dan, don't sugar coat it!

But in a way I agree, how can anyone enjoy anything at x30 but seeing as this is the concept of thread I haven't got to many complaints, enjoyed reading it to be fair.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:37 pm

And beides my last FFRRUPPPPP, I was very positive about some things!

https://www.606v2.com/t18759-fast-forward-raw-round-up-ffrrrup

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:38 pm

If no one was moaning about the shows then this place would become entirely redundant.

Differing opinions create debate. If we all thought it was a fantastic show you would get an OP followed by a string of "I agree" comments. Just because you think something was good doesn't mean everyone has to follow your lead.

So wind your neck in and stop your own moaning. I do love the irony of someone moaning about other people moaning. You don't like the contribution to the board? I guess there is just no pleasing some people...

Celtic Warrior

http://officerrahl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:46 pm

Warrior, stop moaning...

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:48 pm

Mr H wrote:Warrior, stop moaning...

I love you Mr H. Hug

Celtic Warrior

http://officerrahl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:00 pm

Love you more sweetcheeks.

Celtic Warrior + Mr H = Bromance.

Lets get down with the trumpets!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:18 pm

Great to see the Voice of the Voiceless has joined the others in the 'mute promo era' epic

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by KasperTheFriendlyGhost Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:24 pm

Maybe he didn't like the fact the Y2J was the best in the world at not speaking, and so at Wrestlemania, on the greatest stage of them all, they'll have a silence-off.

KasperTheFriendlyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:38 pm

I know it would be boring if everyone agreed.
All I was saying was that it's frustrating that there seems to be a constantly negative vibe on here towards the current product.
An honest opinion is always best but at least try and give it a chance.
People that judge the show from only reading the results annoy me, you have no right to comment unless you've actually watched it first hand, similar to flying through the show on sky+ in 20 minutes.
I don't mean to moan and I get fed up with it myself, but it's just like you enjoy hating on it.

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:44 pm

Why hate bro?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:47 pm

I swear someone else has your account these days gaffer.
You seem a lot less serious, and a lot more jokey, sarcastic and childish.

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:49 pm

To be fair, I did watch the show!

The purpose of these reviews is to highlight what went down and if I enjoyed them.

I generally do point out good stuff - there was none this week. To be fair, I didnt review the actual wrestling (which may or may not have been good) but the run down was pretty spot on - it was a very poor show.

whoever said feuds continued to build, I disagree.

the EC for Raw is now a 2 man show. And although that section has been built well, the fact that the whole return promo stuff was dismissed with non sensical guff is galling to me.

Orton and Khali? Where did that come from? And out of the 4 people in that ring for that match, Khali is the one who in no way needed to get a win (clean one at that). No one in their right min believes that Khali is going to walk out.

Sheamus? Is he having a feud with Otunga now? Filler.

Nascar? How is that embracing the hate?

Bryan vs Show did progress but its from Smackdown and is playing out terribly. Not the participants faults, its the story. Awful.

The only thing that progressed was HHH v undertaker. And thats because the opening 20 minutes and 2, yes 2, vignettes for the Undertaker took up time. And no one wants to even see that match!

did I mention that Impact from Wembley was awesome?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:54 pm

Dx Dan. wrote:I swear someone else has your account these days gaffer.
You seem a lot less serious, and a lot more jokey, sarcastic and childish.

Sounds like a Triple Haitch promo

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:11 pm

Question about Nash.

What happened to his feud with HHH?

Did I miss the end to it?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:25 pm

They had a match, Triple H hit him with the sledgehammer. Game over.

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:30 pm

The Raw Elimination Chamber may as well just be Jericho and Punk because thats the only angle that got built. I get that this is the match they probably want to end up with at Mania, but it isn't the match at the Elimination Chamber. I would have preferred if both them guys started the promo, but then the Miz and maybe Ziggler got involved as well, makes it look like theres a threat to Punks title at EC (these three can beat down Punk to eliminate him then one of them will be guarenteed to walk out champion). Then queue beatdown last night 3 vs 1 and RTruth and Kofi run down to even the score, all 6 men building up to the chamber match. They can save the Punk vs Jericho stuff to build to a singles match at Mania

I still don't understand why Khali is in the Smackdown Chamber match, were they expecting Henry to be healthy for this type of match and had to replace him with another big man? Fair play they got 4 out of the 6 guys in the one match but Khali picking up the win against two of the hottest up and coming heels on the roster....REALLY?!?!?!?!

I will admit I've skipped alot of it before I left for work this morning so can't comment on alot of it

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:35 pm

I diddnt think Raw was too bad this week.

Good promo by HHH at the start of the night followed by a class video. Going to be very intresting to see what HBK has in store for us next week.

Chris Jericho and CM Punk stare down was done very well and was the best part of the night in my view.

Can confirm as i saw on twitter today. Johnny is still in charge of Raw.

Kahli pinning Rhodes furious

Good main event. Chris Jericho with the belt at the end is what i hope is the outcome at Elimination Chamber.

Finally Kane to Eve wtf poor ending to the show !

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:46 pm

Ha I've just read what happened in the main event so my rant is out of the window haha

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:35 am

I thought all the action was pretty good, but there was far too much filler in the form of videos etc. It was almost as if people hadn't turned up.

Jericho and Punk was brilliant.

Did R Truth do some serious damage to himself? Wonder if he'll be able to make it to Elimination Chamber?

And I thought Eve screaming at the end was some annoying fans at ringside Laugh

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:39 am

Miz botched the Truth spot and has been ripped by a lot of people on twitter including Lance Storm.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by The General Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:28 pm

Awful is over egging a bit Adam. There were good and bad points to the show. It was a solid Raw and nothing more.

Am I the only one who feels the genuniely enthused when Dolph is the ring? This guy is an unbelivable athlete and on his way to becoming the best current in ring performer. Shades of Hennig and Michaels. The man is a class act.

The General

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:32 pm

King Beer wrote:Miz botched the Truth spot and has been ripped by a lot of people on twitter including Lance Storm.

You could definitely see it was a Miz botch.

And the cynic in me can't help but think about when Truth dropped Miz on his head a couple of weeks ago chin

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:42 pm

just watched the HHH promo and Taker video and have to admit, as much as I wouldn't choose a Taker/HHH III this year if they are going to go with a rematch then this reverse angle of Taker seeking revenge is probably the best way to do it. HHH sounded sincere and the Taker vignette was superbly made. It seems that Mania really does bring out the best of the storytelling from the WWE. I know that even if it isn't a IWC favourite the build up to HHH/Taker III will be excellent.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:16 pm

Hobo's WWE reviews are about as unbiased as Howard Webb refereeing a Man Utd game. He's a TNA mark arent you Adam.

Not as funny as Y2D2s Random Thoughts anyway...

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down