The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Number 4 Lock choices for the Lions tour to Australia

+16
bsando
TJ1
BigTrevsbigmac
bluestonevedder
George Carlin
RuggerRadge2611
pete (buachaill on eirne)
LondonTiger
ChequeredJersey
bedfordwelsh
Shifty
flyhalffactory
majesticimperialman
formerly known as Sam
thebluesmancometh
maestegmafia
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Number 4 Locks for the Lions

Number 4 Lock choices for the Lions tour to Australia - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Number 4 Lock choices for the Lions tour to Australia - Page 2 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 11 ]
Number 4 Lock choices for the Lions tour to Australia - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Number 4 Lock choices for the Lions tour to Australia - Page 2 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 11 ]
Number 4 Lock choices for the Lions tour to Australia - Page 2 Vote_lcap1%Number 4 Lock choices for the Lions tour to Australia - Page 2 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Number 4 Lock choices for the Lions tour to Australia - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Number 4 Lock choices for the Lions tour to Australia - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Number 4 Lock choices for the Lions tour to Australia - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Number 4 Lock choices for the Lions tour to Australia - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Number 4 Lock choices for the Lions tour to Australia - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%Number 4 Lock choices for the Lions tour to Australia - Page 2 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 12 ]
Number 4 Lock choices for the Lions tour to Australia - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%Number 4 Lock choices for the Lions tour to Australia - Page 2 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
Number 4 Lock choices for the Lions tour to Australia - Page 2 Vote_lcap27%Number 4 Lock choices for the Lions tour to Australia - Page 2 Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 28 ]
Number 4 Lock choices for the Lions tour to Australia - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Number 4 Lock choices for the Lions tour to Australia - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 6 ]
[ 0 ]
Number 4 Lock choices for the Lions tour to Australia - Page 2 Vote_lcap23%Number 4 Lock choices for the Lions tour to Australia - Page 2 Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 24 ]
Number 4 Lock choices for the Lions tour to Australia - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Number 4 Lock choices for the Lions tour to Australia - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 9 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 104

Poll closed

Number 4 Lock choices for the Lions tour to Australia - Page 2 Empty Number 4 Lock choices for the Lions tour to Australia

Post by maestegmafia Sat 30 Mar 2013, 8:22 am

First topic message reminder :

Six nations is done. We are a year on since I last held one of these polls and the long term aim was to compare what we selected a year out, a month out and the final squad.

You can pick one player only as your first choice. I am going to provide two threads on Locks, so that you can decide who your pairing will be

I think I have grabbed most of the names in the hat, though my apologies if anyone you consider worthy has been forgotten, if you ask nicely then I am sure one of our excellent moderators might take the time to be kind enough to offer their much valued assistance.

The players included either showed in the Six Nations squads or have been regularly talked of as prospects on the various threads on here.

Looseheads - https://www.606v2.com/t42452-loosehead-choices-for-the-lions-tour-to-australia

Hookers - https://www.606v2.com/t42471-hooker-choices-for-the-lions-tour-to-australia

Tightheads - https://www.606v2.com/t42486-tighthead-choices-for-the-lions-tour-to-australia

Lock no. 5 - https://www.606v2.com/t42502-number-5-lock-choices-for-the-lions-tour-to-australia

Blindside Flanker - https://www.606v2.com/t42514-blindside-flanker-choices-for-the-lions-tour-to-australia

Openside Flanker - https://www.606v2.com/t42515-ospenside-flanker-choices-for-the-lions-tour-to-australia#1956975

Number 8 - https://www.606v2.com/t42518-number-eight-choices-for-the-lions-tour-to-australia#1958144

Scrumhalf - https://www.606v2.com/t42531-scrumhalf-choices-for-the-lions-tour-to-australia

Flyhalf - https://www.606v2.com/t42539-flyhalf-choices-for-the-lions-tour-to-australia#1958609

Last edited by maestegmafia on Sun 31 Mar 2013, 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Number 4 Lock choices for the Lions tour to Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Number 4 Lock choices for the Lions tour to Australia

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 07 Apr 2013, 10:22 pm

No 4 and 5 is very black and white I agree.

I'm not basing it on a year, I'm basing it on watching AWJ for years. Powderpuff/underpowered sums him up perfectly imo, uniformed would incline I've not seen him play which I have.

" but in every other department he is probably one of the best around."

That statement fits in with my overrated opinion, I don't think he's particularly good at anything never mind "the best around".

Blue, I'll not change my mind on Jones, I do not rate him at all. I honestly can't imagine him getting in any other Int side, Wales and the rest of the home nations have significantly better players.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Number 4 Lock choices for the Lions tour to Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Number 4 Lock choices for the Lions tour to Australia

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 07 Apr 2013, 10:28 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:No 4 and 5 is very black and white I agree.

I'm not basing it on a year, I'm basing it on watching AWJ for years. Powderpuff/underpowered sums him up perfectly imo, uniformed would incline I've not seen him play which I have.

" but in every other department he is probably one of the best around."

That statement fits in with my overrated opinion, I don't think he's particularly good at anything never mind "the best around".

Blue, I'll not change my mind on Jones, I do not rate him at all. I honestly can't imagine him getting in any other Int side, Wales and the rest of the home nations have significantly better players.

We're going to have to agree to disagree, I remember a few years ago agreeing with your thoughts on him, especially when Evans first got injured (about 4 years ago I think) but to not recognise the strides he's made is beyond me.

Have to call you up on your Borthwick comment though... talk about hitting below the belt!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 07 Apr 2013, 10:29 pm

I know, sorry fella, that was low Wink

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 07 Apr 2013, 10:39 pm

How's Davies getting on Blue? Not seen much of him this season, always thought he had bags of potential

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 22 Apr 2013, 6:57 am

Another weekend done and dusted. The squad to be announced after the next...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 23 Apr 2013, 10:00 pm

Pretty close run race with Gray still injured

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 24 Apr 2013, 8:13 am

Few bumps going on here Maes, this is one loooooooong pole.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 28 Apr 2013, 7:24 am

What is Gatland going to do about France based players?

I ask this again because there were two magnificent old lions playing each other at the weekend and in my estimation Nathan Hines got the better of Paul O'Connell. However, both were brilliant and both are as good as any other choice that we have at lock.

Is Gatland really going to leave some of our biggest talents behind because by virtue of the lottery of being an international rugby player you happen to have settled in a French team at the time of the tour?

The more I think about it, the more idiotic it seems. Who gives a feic if a couple of players miss a Ba-bas match created to appease the Lions team sponsors, HSBC? A week after that, honestly, who will give a sh!t?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alive555 Sun 28 Apr 2013, 7:59 am

I'd put money gatland is going to find every excuse to pick as many welsh players as possible

So I expect the following numbers

Squad

Welsh 18
England 9
Ireland 8
Scotland 2

Team

Welsh 10
England 3
Ireland 2
Scotland 0

alive555

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2