The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ospreys vs Toulouse Round two...!

+32
wayne
bedfordwelsh
gavstar
proeggchaser
neilthom7
JigsQ
Biltong
Breadvan
hawalsh
VinceWLB
Notch
Hound_of_Harrow
sheephead
BigTrevsbigmac
thebluesmancometh
Higher_Ground
Rory_Gallagher
Artful_Dodger
doctornickolas
eirebilly
asoreleftshoulder
Cyril
Pot Hale
kingjohn7
yappysnap
Cari
mikey_philVIII
George Carlin
Shifty
thespreys
Morgannwg
maestegmafia
36 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Ospreys vs Toulouse Round two...! - Page 7 Empty Ospreys vs Toulouse Round two...!

Post by maestegmafia Mon 03 Dec 2012, 11:18 am

First topic message reminder :

Ospreys v Toulouse
KO 13:35 at The Liberty Stadium

December 15, 2012 1:00pm

Live on Sky Sports 1 from 13:00

Ospreys Team

15 Richard Fussell, 14 Ross Jones, 13 Andrew Bishop, 12 Ashley Beck, 11 Eli Walker, 10 Dan Biggar, 9 Kahn Fotuali'i (Capt)
1 Ryan Bevington, 2 Richard Hibbard, 3 Campbell Johnstone, 4 Ian Gough, 5 James King, 6 Ryan Jones, 7 Justin Tipuric, 8 Joe Bearman

REPLACEMENTs
16 Scott Baldwin, 17 Duncan Jones, 18 Adam Jones, 19 Lloyd Peers, 20 George Stowers, 21 Rhys Webb, 22 Matthew Morgan, 23 Tom Isaacs

Toulouse Team

15 Maxime Médard, 14 Vincent Clerc, 13 Yann David, 12 Gael Fickou, 11 Yoann Huget, 10 Jean-Marc Doussain, 9 Luke Burgess, 8 Louis Picamoles, 7 Thierry Dusautoir, 6 Jean Bouilhou, 5 Patricio Albacete, 4 Yoann Maestri, 3 Cencus Johnston, 2 Gary Botha, 1 Vasil Kakovin.

Replacements
16 Jean-Baptiste Poux, 17 Yohan Montes, 18 Roman Millo-Chluski, 19 Yannick Nyanga, 20 Gregory Lamboley, 21 Sébastian Bézy, 22 Yannick Jauzion, 23 Christopher Tolofua

Last edited by maestegmafia on Sat 15 Dec 2012, 12:21 am; edited 8 times in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Ospreys vs Toulouse Round two...! - Page 7 Empty Re: Ospreys vs Toulouse Round two...!

Post by wales606 Sun 16 Dec 2012, 7:01 pm

greytiger wrote:
The Ospreys will need Castres to win at home, but lose away to Ulster - which is fairly likely

Ulster play Castres away. They tried that lunatic post-80th minute only to leave by donating the TBP to the home side.

You're right, I would still expect Ulster to win in Castres given their recent results, unfortunately I expect Northampton too aswell.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Ospreys vs Toulouse Round two...! - Page 7 Empty Re: Ospreys vs Toulouse Round two...!

Post by maestegmafia Sun 16 Dec 2012, 8:43 pm

It would be great to see things align correctly for the orpseys, well done for all your calculations on the permutatutions.

All the Ospreys can do is aim to get two TBP wins.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sun 16 Dec 2012, 10:09 pm

I was at the game and could not believe the Ospreys did not cover the attackers at the end of the game, as soon as the ball came out my silent words were oh s**t the only guy back was R Jones, like a goalkeeper he made himself big and stopped his man giving enough time for support to arrive.

R Jones eyes were a mess again after the game, he had two forwards on top of him earlier he had his cap ripped off, I not sure if they were going for his eyes or not but the line judge ignored the incident. Really good game I thought Biggar had a very good game and should have been MOTM, I hope Dan gets a chance with Hook in the 6N, with Preistland Wales may have ended up with the wooden spoon (we may still get that reward with Howley and McBryde in charge).

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun 16 Dec 2012, 10:36 pm

glamorganalun wrote:I was at the game and could not believe the Ospreys did not cover the attackers at the end of the game, as soon as the ball came out my silent words were oh s**t the only guy back was R Jones, like a goalkeeper he made himself big and stopped his man giving enough time for support to arrive.

R Jones eyes were a mess again after the game, he had two forwards on top of him earlier he had his cap ripped off, I not sure if they were going for his eyes or not but the line judge ignored the incident. Really good game I thought Biggar had a very good game and should have been MOTM, I hope Dan gets a chance with Hook in the 6N, with Preistland Wales may have ended up with the wooden spoon (we may still get that reward with Howley and McBryde in charge).

Yeah, the defence in the last minute was poor, they came completely out of line and it almost cost them
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 16 Dec 2012, 10:54 pm

wales606 wrote:
glamorganalun wrote:I was at the game and could not believe the Ospreys did not cover the attackers at the end of the game, as soon as the ball came out my silent words were oh s**t the only guy back was R Jones, like a goalkeeper he made himself big and stopped his man giving enough time for support to arrive.

Yeah, the defence in the last minute was poor, they came completely out of line and it almost cost them

Poor kick by Biggar put us under pressure at the end there.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun 16 Dec 2012, 11:58 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
wales606 wrote:

From what I remember it was Eli Walker running halfway down the pitch and getting turned over - the support players were to crowded and not expecting a turnover which almost led to a Toulouse length of the field try. I don't know what kick you are talking about?
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 17 Dec 2012, 7:39 am

wales606 wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
wales606 wrote:

From what I remember it was Eli Walker running halfway down the pitch and getting turned over - the support players were to crowded and not expecting a turnover which almost led to a Toulouse length of the field try. I don't know what kick you are talking about?

I thought we won a scrum and Biggar cleared leading to their counter attack?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon 17 Dec 2012, 9:53 am

It was an Eli Walker break and chip and chase, Huget I think it was won the ball and the O's support piled in in numbers eyeing the turnover for a last score, they failed in the turn over and were left exposed out wide.

PS Biggar tracked back there like a man posessed, he and Bishop were the 2 who saved that try, Jones was like a rabbit in the headlights.

Eli Walker was ok but hardly MOTM, put into space a few times and beat a defender, Biggar and Bishop were superb all game!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon 17 Dec 2012, 9:54 am

Oh and I think Patchell for the 6N...

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by gavstar Mon 17 Dec 2012, 1:45 pm

maes only reports negatives on biggar, and if he cant find them he makes them up!!!!
hand up maes, you've bad mouthed him for so long now you cant man up and give praise where its due. say goodye to hook maes, he's gone.

gavstar

Back to top Go down

Post by TBJ9625 Mon 17 Dec 2012, 2:16 pm

No it was Jones who put in the try saving tackle, the guy was amazing all game. But Bigger did track back in fairness to him and helped to slow down the ball for Toulouse. There were so many hero's in that game, If biggar isn't the starting 10 for the 6 nations then something needs to be said higher up the food chain, because he is easily wales stand out consistant OH at the moment. Hibbs was amazinging on his first game back, Kahn is now playing with tempo and what a difference it makes. For probably 70% of that game saturday, the O's were enjoyable to watch. First time I've said that in a long time......oh and long may it continue
TBJ9625
TBJ9625

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Mon 17 Dec 2012, 3:14 pm

TBJ9625 wrote:No it was Jones who put in the try saving tackle, the guy was amazing all game. But Bigger did track back in fairness to him and helped to slow down the ball for Toulouse. There were so many hero's in that game, If biggar isn't the starting 10 for the 6 nations then something needs to be said higher up the food chain, because he is easily wales stand out consistant OH at the moment. Hibbs was amazinging on his first game back, Kahn is now playing with tempo and what a difference it makes. For probably 70% of that game saturday, the O's were enjoyable to watch. First time I've said that in a long time......oh and long may it continue

Totally agree, Maes must have been at a different game, it was Wlaker that made a great run and he had not option to kick I thought the ref could have blown for a penalty for not releasing. Wlaker looks good in attack but defence he is very poor, just watch the previous game in France.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by gavstar Mon 17 Dec 2012, 4:07 pm

there was a real 'team' feel to the performance, everything clicked, and i agree that if biggar isnt the 10 for the 6ns then there is really something wrong with the management of the welsh team.

it shows what little faith people have in them to make informed decisions.

gavstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7