The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ERCC: Pool 4, Round 4 - Glasgow Warriors v Toulouse

+18
GLove39
Imperialbigdave
takethelongroad
maestegmafia
Argybargy
reallybored
IanBru
Dorothy_Mantooth
whocares
RDW
funnyExiledScot
TJ
BigGee
jimbopip
VinceWLB
Nematode
Tattie Scones RRN
George Carlin
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

ERCC: Pool 4, Round 4 - Glasgow Warriors v Toulouse  Empty ERCC: Pool 4, Round 4 - Glasgow Warriors v Toulouse

Post by George Carlin Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:47 am

ERCC: Pool 4, Round 4 - Glasgow Warriors v Toulouse  Glasgo10                     ERCC: Pool 4, Round 4 - Glasgow Warriors v Toulouse  Tolous10
Glasgow Warriors v Stade Toulousain
Pool 4, Round 4
Saturday 13 December 2014, KO 13:00
Scotstoun Stadium, The Land of No Salad

Live on Sky Sports / BeIN

Referee Wayne Barnes (England)
Touch Judge 1 Matthew Carley (England)
Touch Judge 2 Paul Dix (England)
Fourth Official Tom Nicol (Scotland)
TMO David Grashoff (England)

Citing Commissioner Jeff Mark (Wales)

A. Teams:

1. Glasgow Warriors
ERCC: Pool 4, Round 4 - Glasgow Warriors v Toulouse  Abi_ba10
Stuart Hogg, Sean Maitland, Richie Vernon, Alex Dunbar, Tommy Seymour; Finn Russell, Henry Pyrgos; Ryan Grant, Pat MacArthur, Jon Welsh, Tim Swinson, Jonny Gray, Ryan Wilson, Rob Harley, Josh Strauss (capt).

Replacements: Fraser Brown, Gordon Reid, Euan Murray, Leone Nakarawa, Niko Matawalu, Duncan Weir, Peter Horne, Sean Lamont.

2. Toulouse
ERCC: Pool 4, Round 4 - Glasgow Warriors v Toulouse  Laitti10
Clément Poitrenaud, Yoann Huget, Yann David, Gael Fickou, Maxime Médard; Jean-Marc Doussain, Sébastien Bézy; Gurthro Steenkamp, Corey Flynn, Census Johnston, Joe Tekori, Yoann Maestri, Yannick Nyanga, Thierry Dusautoir (capt), Louis Picamoles.

Replacements: Julien Marchand, Vasil Kakovin, Kisi Pulu, Romain Millo-Chluski, Gregory Lamboley, Luke McAlister, Vincent Clerc

B. Tournament Form:

1. Glasgow Warriors

7/12/14 - Toulouse 19 - 11 Glasgow

25/10/14 - Montpellier 13 - 15 Glasgow

18/10/14 - Glasgow 37 - 10 Bath

18/1/14 - Glasgow 8 - 15 Toulon

2. Toulouse

7/12/14 - Toulouse 19 - 11 Glasgow

25/10/14 - Bath 19 - 21 Toulouse

19/10/14 - Toulouse 30 - 23 Montpellier

5/4/14 - Munster 47 - 23 Toulouse

C. Head to Head

7 Played 7
1 Wins 6
6 Losses 1
0 Draws 0
10 Tries 24
9 Conversions 18
14 Penalties 16
1 Drop Goals 1
113 Points 204

Last edited by George Carlin on Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

ERCC: Pool 4, Round 4 - Glasgow Warriors v Toulouse  Empty Re: ERCC: Pool 4, Round 4 - Glasgow Warriors v Toulouse

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:12 am

Jesus H where the hell do you find these women from George?

With regards to the match.....this is where Glasgow's resolve is going to be severely tested. It'll be interesting how they handle the pressure of having to win because a loss will pretty much end their hopes I reckon.

I would go as far to say that they ideally want a BP win.

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

ERCC: Pool 4, Round 4 - Glasgow Warriors v Toulouse  Empty Re: ERCC: Pool 4, Round 4 - Glasgow Warriors v Toulouse

Post by Nematode Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:32 am

Huge game - will have ramifications for the Rabo too. If they lose it's a massive dent in confidence, something Glasgow rely on for their style of play.

I don't really know how the game will go. Glasgow's style of play has disappeared largely since the Bath game. I'd be tempted to start Ashe in place of Strauss and start Holmes. Also think Downey might be worth a punt in place of Horne.

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:50 am

Tattie Scones RRN wrote:Jesus H where the hell do you find these women from George?

With regards to the match.....this is where Glasgow's resolve is going to be severely tested. It'll be interesting how they handle the pressure of having to win because a loss will pretty much end their hopes I reckon.

I would go as far to say that they ideally want a BP win.
Cool This week's team reps are Abigail Barr (from Glasgow) and Laetitia Casta (from Normandy).

I agree that it's not overstating matters to say that this game will shape Glasgow's season. They will be crushed if they lose and will surely start to doubt that they have the mettle to be called 'winners'.

But the simple truth is, they underperformed and were poorly disciplined in the last game and they deserved to lose. That is unfortunately just a fact. What they need to look at now is that they were one kick away from finishing within 7, playing away from home, shafted 14-5 in the penalty count and playing for an hour with 14 men. They have got to see that playing with the form that drove them in the latter part of last season, they would have won the game.

I am sympathetic to these pressures, but truly great players will respond to it.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:45 pm

Time for Glasgow to deliver on that self-imposed "world class" tag methinks.

Seriously though, massive game and I really do hope Glasgow can deliver. Edinburgh beat Toulouse and it really was a significant turning point for us......

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:40 pm

This is the team i would like to see:

Reid (adds more than Grant in close quarters and arguably scrummage better under the new rules)
Bryce
Welsh
Gray
Nakarawa
Wilson (played well when he came on sunday, arguably outplayed Strauss)
Harley (On the form of his life imo, i have never seen someone before stopping Tekori dead on his track but he did)
Strauss (seriously tempted by Ashe though)

Pyrgos
Russell

Seymour
Dunbar
DTH (has to be on the pitch, somewhere)
Maitland
Hogg

Brown
Grant
Murray
Swinson
Ashe (Eddie if not fit)
Matawalu
Horne
Vernon

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:15 pm

Just to tinker with that backline, Vince, to keep everyone in their regular positions - that means we could see:

09 Henners Piecrust
10 Russell
11 Seymour
12 Dunbar
13 Hogg
14 DTH
15 Maitland

We might leak more tries but I think that we are also likely to score more.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:46 pm

Yes, if we get good balls from the pack that backline has a lot of tries in it, hopefully we will see a lot less handling errors this week, it was pretty poor last Sunday to be honest, if DTH get back to his best this is a fearsome back 3.
I had DTH at 13 as i thought he looked comfortable there the last time i saw him but your selection makes more sense in terms of regular positioning with the club.

Sunday showed how badly we missed  The Messiah though, back line play is a lot slicker with him, Horne looked a bit hesitant at times to be honest.

I am pretty sure Toulouse will go with a defensive team so i hope the weather stays dry as i don't fancy Glasgow winning a kicking contest, they will need to score tries to get the W.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:07 pm

I think Hornee has suffered from Toonie's Tombola selection policy. Do any of us know what his position is? A comparison with Murchie is possibly enlightening. Remember Murchie played back three and centre and never really settled in the side. Then it was decided that he would share the 15 jersey with Hogg and he has come on mightily.
However...(in order of preference, Toonie's obviously since they put the restraining order on and stopped answering my calls)
10.. Dancer, Meatball, Hornee
12.. Dunbar, Downey, Hornee
13.. angel , Dunbar, Richie Vee, Schlong, Hornee
15 Hogg, Murchie, Mad Mata,No Maits, Hornee.

Now, if young Mr Horne has any doubts about his abilities then being used to fill gaps during the international window or cover for injuries must be soul destroying. The thing is; he is a superb player and would benefit from a run in one position. However, he isn't in anyone's first XV so that wont be happening anytime soon.

While I'm here, I would start Dunbar-Richie Vee on Saturday. Bluto looks as if he needs a rest, Wilson at 8 Arthur / Holmes at 7. DTH in for NoMaits too: like Bluto he looked tired on Sunday.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:24 pm

VinceWLB wrote:This is the team i would like to see:

Reid (adds more than Grant in close quarters and arguably scrummage better under the new rules)
Bryce
Welsh
Gray
Nakarawa
Wilson (played well when he came on sunday, arguably outplayed Strauss)
Harley (On the form of his life imo, i have never seen someone before stopping Tekori dead on his track but he did)
Strauss (seriously tempted by Ashe though)

Pyrgos
Russell

Seymour
Dunbar
DTH (has to be on the pitch, somewhere)
Maitland
Hogg

Brown
Grant
Murray
Swinson
Ashe (Eddie if not fit)
Matawalu
Horne
Vernon

I don't think Bryce has played enough rugby to come into a game like this and in all honesty, the front rows settled down and played fine after the early penalties. Brown I think is well ahead in the pecking order now and it may well be the next international window before Byrce gets his chance. I think the front row will be much the same. Murray back in, probably on bench if fit and Reid may start. Grant does not look fully match fit yet and was sporting any impressive eye patch once he went off. Did he sustain an injury as well?

Second row won't change, unless Naka gets benched for his transgression, he probably should be! The main selection conundrum will be in the back row. I can't see anyone being rested for this one, plenty other games for that to happen. Fusaro won't be fit, so for me it is Harley or Holmes at 7and more likely Harley as Holmes not played for a while either. He may make the bench if Ashe not fit, but expect Strauss, Wilson and Harley to start. Eddie won't be in the mix, he is in South Africa with the 7's squad!

Not many changes in the backs either. I would be brave and play Vernon for Horne, who may struggle even to bench. Is DTH fit? he certainly got clattered in the Newport game and was limping heavily at the end, otherwise he will probably bench, if not him then Lamont. Vernon played very well when he came on and deserves the chance to see what he can do. He made yards, showed good hands and even kicked well. There does remain the prospect that he could make a decent centre and can also cover back row if we have an injury melt down.

The only other question for me would be whether to start Nico. The weather would suggest not and he has not really fired this year so far. We do need to win this game though and maybe we just need something a little bit different that Toulouse won't be expecting. Could be worth a punt!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:41 pm

jimbopip wrote:I think Hornee has suffered from Toonie's Tombola selection policy. Do any of us know what his position is? A comparison with Murchie is possibly enlightening. Remember Murchie played back three and centre and never really settled in the side. Then it was decided that he would share the 15 jersey with Hogg and he has come on mightily.
However...(in order of preference, Toonie's obviously since they put the restraining order on and stopped answering my calls)
10.. Dancer, Meatball, Hornee
12.. Dunbar, Downey, Hornee
13.. angel , Dunbar, Richie Vee, Schlong, Hornee
15 Hogg, Murchie, Mad Mata,No Maits, Hornee.

Now, if young Mr Horne has any doubts about his abilities then being used to fill gaps during the international window or cover for injuries must be soul destroying. The thing is; he is a superb player and would benefit from a run in one position. However, he isn't in anyone's first XV so that wont be happening anytime soon.

While I'm here, I would start Dunbar-Richie Vee on Saturday. Bluto looks as if he needs a rest, Wilson at 8 Arthur / Holmes at 7. DTH in for NoMaits too: like Bluto he looked tired on Sunday.

Hornee is an IC, no doubt about it, but trouble is Glasgow only have 2 other FH's and they are no1 and 2 for Scotland. This arrangement is not doing either Glasgow nor Weir any favours at the moment, both could do with getting him some game time.

It is probably a squad weakness at the moment that we don't have a decent alternative, knowing how much the international commitments will take the 2 of them away. Expect to see that rectified before we go into next season and the world cup when we will be lucky to get either of them back much before xmas. Horne can do a job there but does not really have the natural kicking game to make a quality FH. He should get plenty of game time at IC though, it seems unlikely that he will really be in the Scotland line up though, unless we get an injury meltdown.

Longer term Weir is going to have to ask himself what he wants to do. He is clearly the 2nd choice now and is going to have decide if he wants to settle for that, or wants to go off to try to improve and reinvent himself elsewhere. I still think he is a good player and young enough to be considered a prospect. He does seem to be a confidence player though and still seems to lack it at times. I never thought for a moment that he would get that kick and looking at his body language as he was lining it up, neither did he!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:14 pm

My Glasgow side:

1. Reid 2.Brown 3.Murray 4.Gray 5.Naka 6.Harley 7.Holmes 8.Strauss 9.Matawalu 10.Russell 11.DTH 12.Dunbar 13.Lamont 14.Seymour 15.Hogg

16.Grant 17.Bryce 18.Welsh 19.Swindon 20.Wilson 21.Pyrgos 22.Weir 23.Maitland

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:22 pm

Ritchie Vernon at 13. You are struggling for one - so give him a start with Shlong on the bench

Got to win this one and really need a bonus point

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:28 pm

The rationale behind my team was basically trying to get the try scorers onto the pitch. I agree that Glasgow have to absolutely nail this.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:48 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:The rationale behind my team was basically trying to get the try scorers onto the pitch. I agree that Glasgow have to absolutely nail this.

WTF is shlong doing in your team then?

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:55 pm

Well he seems to be a more natural finisher than Vernon, the other alternative at 13, and whilst I like the idea of DTH at 13 and Maitland at 14, Maitland scores less often than a weegie in the job centre.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:41 am

Shlong - natural finisher?

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:03 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:Well he seems to be a more natural finisher than Vernon, the other alternative at 13, and whilst I like the idea of DTH at 13 and Maitland at 14, Maitland scores less often than a weegie in the job centre.

We know what we get with Lamont, effort, effort and more effort, but also a few dropped balls, but not many tries. Vernon is a work in progress and from what we saw on Sunday is still progressing, quite nicely in fact. The fact that he benched over Schlong suggests that Toonie thinks so as well. He is a big lad who is showing he is also a bit of a ball player, something that unfortunately has never been said about Sean. He took one awful pass from Weir off his toes, practically a half volley and moved it before completing his next stride. We are short of a 13 and Sean has not been, nor ever will be the answer, give Ritchie a chance, I think we will be pleasantly surprised. Lamont, or DTH if fit, to bench for me.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:45 am

Toony has been banging on in interview about them spending a lot of time learning lessons from the last game, and he thinks that the winner will be whichever team learnt the most from the last game.

What do people see those lessons being from a Glasgow point of view?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:05 pm

Play smart. Keep discipline. Keep the ball in play and play at a high tempo?

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:07 pm

No YC's. We lost 10 points when we were a man down, that may well have cost us the game.

I think we played the right tactics, it was just poor execution that let us down and one silly mistake from a kick off. More of the same but more accurately is the answer, though you can't help feeling that the weather may end up playing a part, chucking it about wildly is not going to work in the wind and the rain.

I am not sure who will benefit from an awful night more. You would think with that monster pack, it would be Toulouse, but you do have the suspicion that a few of their players won't like playing in artic conditions.

A lot I suspect will come down to the attitude of Toulouse. They may think that the job is done and one more good win against Pelly, who will have lost interest, will do them and then they can take Bath at home. Alternatively they may feel this is their best chance to put it to bed. They are a French side at the end of the day and you can never be sure how they will travel. They got their away win when it mattered at Bath. They can lose and still qualify, indeed win the group.

Glasgow won't lack in effort, just need to engage the top few inches a bit more. Play smart and play the conditions. They could have won last week and they can win on Saturday.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:37 pm

Looks like McAlister will make the trip to Glasgow. Flood stays home though.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:52 pm

BigGee wrote:
I am not sure who will benefit from an awful night more. You would think with that monster pack, it would be Toulouse, but you do have the suspicion that a few of their players won't like playing in artic conditions.

Forecast for Sat afternoon is not too bad (at the moment), cold but dry(ish), although the forecast has been changing.

Poor weather affects Glasgow more I think.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:08 pm

Dorothy_Mantooth wrote:
BigGee wrote:

Forecast for Sat afternoon is not too bad (at the moment), cold but dry(ish), although the forecast has been changing.

Poor weather affects Glasgow more I think.

I was thinking the game was in the evening. Cold and dry should be fine, we should be more acclimatised to that than those used to the south of France or the South Pacific. I can remember seeing Census Johnson playing in a pair of tights once. As long as we can hang onto the ball and keep the pace up, we certainly finished the game better than they did last week, those big guys don't go for 80 minutes.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:38 pm

Bad news for Glasgow - Fusaro and Ashe out injured for the foreseeable future.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:11 pm

Ankle injuries are always complicated, can be worse than a broken leg sometimes, I don't think we will see a lot more of Fusaro this season. Hopefully Adam Ashe won't be so long and will be back in the new year. It would be a shame if his progress stalled just as he was making the big breakthrough.

I suppose as always in professional sport, someone else's misfortune becomes someone else chance. This will let us see what Spinks and Bordelli, both players of promise can bring to the party. This could be their chance to show that they are the open sides we need going into the future, there is definitely a gap in the squad there.

In terms of this weekend its got to be Wilson, who played well when he came on and is hopefully coming back into form, Harley, Strauss and Holmes. You would imagine Holmes on the bench as his fitness has been a bit iffy of late as well. If not that then I can only imagine we will see Big Naka into the back row and Kellock onto the bench.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:54 am

Glasgow

Hogg
Maitland
Vernon
Dunbar
Seymour

Russell
Pygros

Grant
McArthur
Welsh
Gray
Swinson
Wilson
Harley
Strauss

Replacements
Brown
Reid
Murray
Naka
Niko
Weir
Horne
Lamont.

Don't think I can recall seeing a 4-4 bench split before.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:55 am

Welsh
McArthur
Grant
Swinson
Gray
Wilson
Strauss
Harley
Prygros
Russell
Maitand
Dunbar
Vernon
Seymour
Hogg

Pretty much the team I wanted and was predicted, well done to Ritchie Vernon who gets his first start in a big game, he deserved it after last weekend.

Where it gets interesting is on the bench, with 4 backs and 4 forwards, an unusual split. Naka is benched, his own fault I would say. The lack of another backrow suggests Holmes is not fit and that Ritchie V will fill in if required. No DTH either, again suggesting not fit.
Ewan Murray is back as well, so our back up front row is certainly up to speed and the starters can empty themselves knowing that they won't have to do nearly the whole game like last week.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:58 am

If Holmes is not fit, then I think the only other back row option in the European squad is Eddie, who is in South Africa. Still I am sure Ritchie will do a job if required and of course Naka can also play in the back row. Johnny and Tim are fit enough to do the whole 80 mins if required.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:59 am

Holmes is listed a injured, he seems to be injured a lot.

DTH is fit.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:22 pm

How was Vernon last week?

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:35 pm

Nematode wrote:How was Vernon last week?

Did well enough when he came on, his physicality helped and I would think that's why he is in tomorrow, a horses for courses selection. Hopefully help at the breakdown, where we got hammered last week.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:56 pm

BigGee wrote:If Holmes is not fit, then I think the only other back row option in the European squad is Eddie, who is in South Africa. Still I am sure Ritchie will do a job if required and of course Naka can also play in the back row. Johnny and Tim are fit enough to do the whole 80 mins if required.

This is absolutely stupid and unprofessional, imo. He should have been called back early in the week knowing the situation Glasgow were in re fit backrower. That said, Nakarawa can covers the backrow as well and Harley can shift to the row if required although far from ideal, i think there was a place for Kellock somewhere? i mean apart from potentially missing a game winning kick i struggle to find what Weir will bring to the team.

Overall not too unhappy with the team but i would have Reid starting instead of Grant who in my opinion is being massively overrated.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:35 pm

I think if we are all honest, we know that Big Al is now a long way down the second row pecking order at Glasgow. Playing him in the final last year was a mistake and not one that Toonie looks like he will make again. Great servant to the club that he has been, father time has caught up with him and he has been overtaken by younger and better players. It happens to everyone in the end.

Should Eddie have been dragged half way back around the world to sit on the bench and play for a few minutes? I would have imagined it was discussed but probably rightly discarded. He has been away playing sevens for a good few weeks and is probably a bit out of touch. As well, the sevens squad are actually doing okay and have the chance to have another decent tournament this weekend. It would have been unfair on them to disrupt them.

Glasgow will cope this weekend, Who knows players switching from backs to forwards and back again may be the way now, they are all much the same size these days and we are seeing more of it. I actually used to play both wing forward and centre in my ay as well. If you have got the pace and the hands, it can be done. I can't really complain about the team they have out, I would have chosen that back row even if Fusaro and Holmes had been fit and there is plenty to come from the bench.

If they don't win on Saturday, it won't be because of the selection. Toonie is actually getting a lot better at getting his best team out when he needs it. Maybe he has learnt from last year.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:51 pm

I am quite a fan of Eddie and him and Nakarawa coming on in the last 25 could have been useful getting some go forward momentum.
Slamont can do a job too but he better takes his gloves off!

I agree that if Glasgow don't win it won't be because of the team or even the injury situation which isn't that bad but rather tactics or execution.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:03 pm

Ah, the vagiaries of travel in this modern age. I'm flying up from Heathrow for this one, and it seems that Big Mikey spilled his Horlicks on the computer for the air traffic control. So... We ain't going nowhere, and the airport bar has run out of Bombay Sapphire, leaving just a dusty bottle of Beefeater.

I'm normally a calm person. You'd agree, right Jimbo? Right now, I'm rapidly turning into a young Patrick Bateman. I'm sure that ATM just told me to feed it a cat.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by reallybored Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:21 pm

Strongest scrummaging five from Glasgow imo.

Not convinced by Vernon at 13, doesn't seem to have much acceleration.  Would have preferred Lamont or possibly DTH.

reallybored

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:30 pm

reallybored wrote:Strongest scrummaging five from Glasgow imo.

Not convinced by Vernon at 13, doesn't seem to have much acceleration.  Would have preferred Lamont or possibly DTH.

DTH not listed as injured so presumably out of favour which doesn't bode well for a contract renewal unfortunately, i think he has been below par this season but surely he brings more to the table than lets say Horne or Weir Headscratch

An even stronger tight 5 would be start Murray and switch Welsh back to loosehead Cool

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:40 pm

Chin up Bro Bru. Will you be up for the Slaughter of the Effeminates?
Bombay Sapphire? You've been in that London too long, try ordering that in Tennants.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:50 pm

It must be noted, gentlemen of the jury, that as far as Brumeister's reasonable even tempered nature goes: I've had only met him in Schiz's company. Rather like standing beside Gordy Reid in the team photo you instantly look all Brad Pittish.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:48 pm

Jim, I always look Brad Pittish. Well... Brad Pitt in 'Fury', where he hasn't washed since D-Day.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:01 pm

I always knew Brad looked like a soap dodger.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Argybargy Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:24 pm

jimbopip wrote:I always knew Brad looked like a soap dodger.

Obviously. I mean just look at his burd.

Argybargy

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:26 am

Really fear the worst at breakdown time with Toulouse having Nyanga, Dusautoir and Tekori all at the same time on the pitch, hope Toonie has a game plan to deal with this.

I think this could be a season defining game, and i would be happy with any kind of win even an old fashioned 6-5 scoreline as i think the 1st place is Toulouse's property now.

Come on The Warriors!!

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:49 am

Don't worry unduly Vince. As Rab C would say we just have to concentrate on playing above the ground. With Dunbar and Richie Vee in the centres it's like having two extra flankers.
Does anyone have a link for the game?
Finally is Bru still at Gatwick crying into his umpteenth pint of Beefeater?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:20 pm

Ha Jim! I stopped at four. Seeing the large contingent of Celtic supporters getting nicely lubed up for the flight, I rather lost my taste for the fair lady alcohol.

We eventually took off at 11:45 (scheduled for 8:20), and I got to bed at 2. I feel very tempted to kill a small animal right now.

Interestingly, Wayne Barnes was on the same flight - hope he's not as pissy as I am right now, or we'll see three red cards in the first ten minutes!
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:22 pm

Ya beauty - thought I was gonna miss the game cause I'm going to see (yet another) wedding venue this afternoon Rolling Eyes , then I see the game is at 1pm! Yahoo

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:24 pm

Interestingly, Wayne Barnes was on the same flight - hope he's not as pissy as I am right now, or we'll see three red cards in the first ten minutes

Did you put on your best French accent and tell him his father was a hamster and his mother smelled of elderberries? Or did you leave it to the drunken Cellick fans to make him warm to the home side today?
p.s. I feel very tempted to kill a small animal right now. Is that a metaphor?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:33 pm

Just noticed that Scotland 7's have just beaten France with the Jedi scoring twice. The Force is strong in him.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:57 pm

They should really have beaten Canada as well, made a pigs ear of that one. Got to play Fiji last, who are already through, but its in the hands of the gods now, whether we go through to the cup. Maybe France will do us a favour and beat Canada.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next