The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ospreys vs Toulouse Round two...!

+32
wayne
bedfordwelsh
gavstar
proeggchaser
neilthom7
JigsQ
Biltong
Breadvan
hawalsh
VinceWLB
Notch
Hound_of_Harrow
sheephead
BigTrevsbigmac
thebluesmancometh
Higher_Ground
Rory_Gallagher
Artful_Dodger
doctornickolas
eirebilly
asoreleftshoulder
Cyril
Pot Hale
kingjohn7
yappysnap
Cari
mikey_philVIII
George Carlin
Shifty
thespreys
Morgannwg
maestegmafia
36 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Ospreys vs Toulouse Round two...! - Page 6 Empty Ospreys vs Toulouse Round two...!

Post by maestegmafia Mon 3 Dec 2012 - 11:18

First topic message reminder :

Ospreys v Toulouse
KO 13:35 at The Liberty Stadium

December 15, 2012 1:00pm

Live on Sky Sports 1 from 13:00

Ospreys Team

15 Richard Fussell, 14 Ross Jones, 13 Andrew Bishop, 12 Ashley Beck, 11 Eli Walker, 10 Dan Biggar, 9 Kahn Fotuali'i (Capt)
1 Ryan Bevington, 2 Richard Hibbard, 3 Campbell Johnstone, 4 Ian Gough, 5 James King, 6 Ryan Jones, 7 Justin Tipuric, 8 Joe Bearman

REPLACEMENTs
16 Scott Baldwin, 17 Duncan Jones, 18 Adam Jones, 19 Lloyd Peers, 20 George Stowers, 21 Rhys Webb, 22 Matthew Morgan, 23 Tom Isaacs

Toulouse Team

15 Maxime Médard, 14 Vincent Clerc, 13 Yann David, 12 Gael Fickou, 11 Yoann Huget, 10 Jean-Marc Doussain, 9 Luke Burgess, 8 Louis Picamoles, 7 Thierry Dusautoir, 6 Jean Bouilhou, 5 Patricio Albacete, 4 Yoann Maestri, 3 Cencus Johnston, 2 Gary Botha, 1 Vasil Kakovin.

Replacements
16 Jean-Baptiste Poux, 17 Yohan Montes, 18 Roman Millo-Chluski, 19 Yannick Nyanga, 20 Gregory Lamboley, 21 Sébastian Bézy, 22 Yannick Jauzion, 23 Christopher Tolofua

Last edited by maestegmafia on Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 0:21; edited 8 times in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Ospreys vs Toulouse Round two...! - Page 6 Empty Re: Ospreys vs Toulouse Round two...!

Post by Cari Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 15:26

YES!!!!!! Yahoo

MOTM Eli Walker, and he has been superb!!! clap

Not even a LBP for Toulouse, and they have been schitt.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Ospreys vs Toulouse Round two...! - Page 6 Empty Re: Ospreys vs Toulouse Round two...!

Post by neilthom7 Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 15:26

I turned on the TV to see my old high school rugby coach telling george clancy to send the toulouse fella to the bin. a gift to ospreys from ulster. you are welcome lol

neilthom7

http://www.twitter.com/thomthom1988

Back to top Go down

Post by JigsQ Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 15:26

thebluesmancometh wrote:Burgess and Clerc = GASH!!!

How do you not score that? The funniest thing Ive seen in years, what a huge embarresment!!

Was it Clerc?? he so slow down that right wing! that is just laziness!

JigsQ

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 15:27

Have to give credit to Biggar and Bishop, busted their guts to get back, Walker not interested in the chase at all!!!

Biggar MOTM by a mile for me, Walker was ok, made some nice yards but Biggar was sublime!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 15:29

neilthom7 wrote:I turned on the TV to see my old high school rugby coach telling george clancy to send the toulouse fella to the bin. a gift to ospreys from ulster. you are welcome lol

Well we did give Tommy back Wink

Afternoon Neilly. Excited for the match later? I am! Very Happy

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 15:34

Cracking game from the Ospreys, they showed why they are so good.
Bearman was my motm.

Clancy needs to learn the rules when there is no maul formed you can tackle the ball carrier.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH-jWfm8z1c

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 15:35

Bearman Shocked OMG, WTF, FMUTA!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 15:36

Cari wrote:
neilthom7 wrote:I turned on the TV to see my old high school rugby coach telling george clancy to send the toulouse fella to the bin. a gift to ospreys from ulster. you are welcome lol

Well we did give Tommy back Wink

Afternoon Neilly. Excited for the match later? I am! Very Happy

You did indeed does that make us even? Very Happy
Very much so, can't wait. In for the evening now so Leinster up next for me. Love these weekends Very Happy

neilthom7

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 15:38

Yeah it's Super Saturday all right. I've no idea how this Leinster game is going to go...should be very exciting. Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 15:38

Congrats to the Ospreys.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 15:39

Should be a cracker, 2 great sides.

neilthom7

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 15:39

I nearly forgot Congratulaions Ospreys great performance now coffee and Leinster lol

neilthom7

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 15:40

Aye...better head over to that thread I think... Run

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 15:41

thebluesmancometh wrote:Bearman Shocked OMG, WTF, FMUTA!!!

He was everywhere defensively, and carried well.

I always have hard time to give backs motm because forwards win games and backs decide by how much as we say.
But yeah i can see Kahn, Biggar and Walker getting motm.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by proeggchaser Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 15:43

If Wales want a chance of the Six Nations they need to pick a team of mainly Ospreys players like they did in Twickenham 2008.

A desperate bold move after a terrible autumn that paid off...

proeggchaser

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 15:43

The MOTM was given to Walker, but I agree Biggar and Fotuali'i had a great game.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 15:45

Vince

Bearman is like a punch bag, he goes backward in EVERY contact!!! He made one steal late on from the back of the scrum, but was as always useless, he and Fussell are good clubmen but really struggle when against decent opposition!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 15:59

proeggchaser wrote:If Wales want a chance of the Six Nations they need to pick a team of mainly Ospreys players like they did in Twickenham 2008.

A desperate bold move after a terrible autumn that paid off...

I hope France play like Toulouse but somehow I don't see it.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 16:27

Great day out at the liberty...!

What a try. Edge of your seat stuff.

Very proud today.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 17:41

Cari wrote:The MOTM was given to Walker, but I agree Biggar and Fotuali'i had a great game.

They all certainly did Cari. Fotuali'i form has been very good all year. Ospreys should look to keep hold of him because he also leads very well.

Well done Ospreys, very well played today. That's some pride restored in Welsh rugby.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 17:53

Morgannwg wrote:
Cari wrote:The MOTM was given to Walker, but I agree Biggar and Fotuali'i had a great game.

They all certainly did Cari. Fotuali'i form has been very good all year. Ospreys should look to keep hold of him because he also leads very well.

Well done Ospreys, very well played today. That's some pride restored in Welsh rugby.

= He'll receive a big offer from France very soon!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 17:57

thebluesmancometh wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:

= He'll receive a big offer from France very soon!!

Not from what I hear...!

French rugby bar five clubs (Toulouse, Toulon, CA, Stade and Racing) is absolutely on its knees. There could well be a very big revolt in France by the end of the season.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 17:59

Lets hope your right MM, on both counts!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 18:04

Congrats Ospreys!

What a brilliant tense end to the game, how many turnovers do you want to make?! Great cover by your 10 to track back at the death there as well.

Made Toulouse look very average, mind I did hear they'd had some issues with the norovirus...

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by gavstar Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 19:10

biggar for the 6 nations 10's shirt. controlled the game with fotuali also excellent, great cover at the end, biggar was motm by a mile.

a mature display , just what we all want from a 10, and kicking to touch at the right times, great play.

gavstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Higher_Ground Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 19:17

Biggar did exactly what he's been doing for the past year or more. It is shame upon shame upon shame that it has taken Priestland to literally not be able to walk, before Biggar gets the nod for Wales. Some serious young pretenders putting their hands up for the 6N now. Howley was there to witness Walker playing out if his skin again , so we can safely say he won't make the squad.

Higher_Ground

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 19:19

Higher_Ground wrote:Biggar did exactly what he's been doing for the past year or more. It is shame upon shame upon shame that it has taken Priestland to literally not be able to walk, before Biggar gets the nod for Wales. Some serious young pretenders putting their hands up for the 6N now. Howley was there to witness Walker playing out if his skin again , so we can safely say he won't make the squad.

Yeah Howley will show his true Blue colours and pick Harry Robinson again who isn't playing regularly.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 19:21

Patchell dfor Wales... Run

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 19:22

thebluesmancometh wrote:Patchell dfor Wales... Run

lol better run quicker blues lol
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 19:23

Howley does like him!!!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 19:24

thebluesmancometh wrote:Howley does like him!!!

He's a Blue of course he does Doh
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 19:26

It would be something you would see from the WRU though don't you think!!!

Biggar is getting his karma reasponse now, after being prefered over Hook he's now getting overlooked by a donkey, and possibly Patchell if he keeps going as he is!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 19:29

Nothing the WRU does surprises me anymore and I don't mean that in a good way.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 19:30

bedfordwelsh wrote:Nothing the WRU does surprises me anymore and I don't mean that in a good way.

+1

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 19:56

Yeah, the WRU surprise is less like a nice birthday present and more like jumping out of your wardrobe at night and beating you to death with your own shoe!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 20:24

Adam Jones described it as his greatest win ever for the Ospreys

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 20:27

viewtothegym wrote:Adam Jones described it as his greatest win ever for the Ospreys

That's a good quote considering he was binned! Very Happy

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 22:12

Awesome stuff from the O's today. Intensity and Tempo all game. Biggar,Khan, R Jones all superb. Eli walker has the potential be to a cult hero down the Llb, what a turn of pace on the lad! We may have lost all the big names last season but if the likes of Morgan allen, Lloyd peers, Ross Jones et al can kick on, the future looks kinda rosey...
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sat 15 Dec 2012 - 22:28

Cari wrote:
viewtothegym wrote:Adam Jones described it as his greatest win ever for the Ospreys

The yellow was totally justified, and he stopped them getting 7 points and a losing bonus point. Well done Adam

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 16 Dec 2012 - 0:47

wayne wrote:
Cari wrote:

The yellow was totally justified, and he stopped them getting 7 points and a losing bonus point. Well done Adam

VinceWLB wrote:Cracking game from the Ospreys, they showed why they are so good.
Bearman was my motm.

Clancy needs to learn the rules when there is no maul formed you can tackle the ball carrier.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH-jWfm8z1c

I think Vince is right.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 16 Dec 2012 - 9:46

Just watching the highlights on S4C. The lads were having a ball out there. When Beck almost scored he had a big smile on his face. Great to see when there's so much moaning about Welsh rugby at the moment. Walker's try was class too.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 16 Dec 2012 - 13:54

I missed most of the first half. But when Adam Jones was playing the Ospreys scrum looked totally dominant. Hibbard the hairdresser was everywhere too. Even Bevs showed up well.

Ospreys actually have a chance, suprisingly. They NEED 5 points away at Treviso (a game they could lose) and to beat Tigers by more than 7. They also need to hope Tigers beat Toulouse by more than 7.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun 16 Dec 2012 - 14:03

Morgannwg wrote:I missed most of the first half. But when Adam Jones was playing the Ospreys scrum looked totally dominant. Hibbard the hairdresser was everywhere too. Even Bevs showed up well.

Ospreys actually have a chance, suprisingly. They NEED 5 points away at Treviso (a game they could lose) and to beat Tigers by more than 7. They also need to hope Tigers beat Toulouse by more than 7.

That would leave Leicester and Ospreys tied on 18.

Wouldn't Leicester then win on head to head - 5pts - 4pts.

The Ospreys would have to beat Leicester with a TBP
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 16 Dec 2012 - 14:09

Fair one, I overlooked that. I guess they would, or hope that Toulouse beat Tigers at Welford road. The French also have Treviso at home which is likely another 5 pointer. Ospreys desperately need to start scoring tries.

And Pacific Island teams don't usually produce good scrummagers. The French clubs then buy in 20 stone props from those islands and teach them the technicalities so they become good props. All of Toulousian's props got outdone yesterday though Very Happy.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun 16 Dec 2012 - 14:13

Morgannwg wrote:Fair one, I overlooked that. I guess they would, or hope that Toulouse beat Tigers at Welford road. The French also have Treviso at home which is likely another 5 pointer. Ospreys desperately need to start scoring tries.

And Pacific Island teams don't usually produce good scrummagers. The French clubs then buy in 20 stone props from those islands and teach them the technicalities so they become good props. All of Toulousian's props got outdone yesterday though Very Happy.

If Toulouse beat Leicester then the O's could finish 2nd as long as they beat Leicester and Treviso. But they would likely end on 17-18pts, which would probably not be enough for the HC. They would get into the Amlin I suppose. Leinster vs Ospreys Amlin final would certainly be interesting. The pools are low scoring at the moment, so they may have a chance on 18pts I guess.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 16 Dec 2012 - 17:19

What about ospreys bp win in Italy, not easy, win against tigers and tigers vs Toulouse draw...?

Tigers 14
St 13
O's 9

O's tbp vs treviso and a draw in welford rd

Tigers 14
O's 14
ST 14

Beat tigers at home

O's joint top on 19 with ST.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun 16 Dec 2012 - 17:55

maestegmafia wrote:What about ospreys bp win in Italy, not easy, win against tigers and tigers vs Toulouse draw...?

Tigers 14
St 13
O's 9

O's tbp vs treviso and a draw in welford rd

Tigers 14
O's 14
ST 14

Beat tigers at home

O's joint top on 19 with ST.

Then the same thing happens. It goes down to head to head.

Toulouse 5 - 4 Ospreys
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 16 Dec 2012 - 18:10

19 points isn't enough

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun 16 Dec 2012 - 18:31

maestegmafia wrote:19 points isn't enough

In pool A - Sarries are likely to end on 19 - 13, Racing 16 - 20 and Munster 19 - 20

With the weakness of Edinburgh, I would expect on of those teams to get 19 and not top the group, Racing are unlikely unless thay can beat Munster and Sarries (though Sarries would still get 19 by a BP + win over Edinburgh)

Best for the O's Munster beat Racing, Racing beat Sarries.
Munster 20
Sarries 19

Then hope Edinburgh can at least deny Sarries a TBP to leave them on 18

In pool 3

No second play is likely to get near 19 with Biarritz needing 2 BP wins including one over leaders Quins.

Assuming Quins beat Biarritz, no second place has a chance

In pool 4

Castres and Northampton both have a chance to finish second on a high score (Ulster likely to win the group) The Ospreys could really have done with Ulster taking Northampton out of the running.

Northampton still have to travel to Castres.

The Ospreys will need Castres to win at home, but lose away to Ulster - which is fairly likely

End result
Ulster 23
Castres 16 - 18
Northampton 14 - 16

In pool 5

Leinster are the big threat, if they get 2 TBPs, they will end on 20. I expect them to get at least 1. The Scarlets could really do the O's a favour and deny them, Exeter are also strong at home and Leinster could even lose that one which would help, unlikely though

Leinster 18 - 20 (19+ likely)

In pool 6

Montpellier are already the runners up. Toulon look very good, so I can't see them beating them - but at home, the LBP will be crucial. They can expect 5ts against Sale.

Montpellier 18 - 19 (depending on BP vs Toulon - likely 18)

19pts is the aim

Leinster and one of the 3 from Pool A are likely to get it.

If the O's want to progress, they will need to win the group of manage 2 TBP, away in Treviso and at home the Leicester - which is pretty unlikely.

The Ospreys will have to hope the weaker teams, Edinburgh and Exeter can do them a favour and turn over the odds.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Sun 16 Dec 2012 - 18:45

The Ospreys will need Castres to win at home, but lose away to Ulster - which is fairly likely

Ulster play Castres away. They tried that lunatic post-80th minute only to leave by donating the TBP to the home side.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next