The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three matches advertised for WWE’s TLC PPV (Poss Raw Spoiler)

+6
theundisputedY2D2
Kay Fabe
Dolphin Ziggler
Dr Gregory House MD
Hero
VDT
10 posters

Go down

Three matches advertised for WWE’s TLC PPV (Poss Raw Spoiler) Empty Three matches advertised for WWE’s TLC PPV (Poss Raw Spoiler)

Post by VDT Tue 20 Nov 2012, 11:16 pm

John Cena vs. Dolph Ziggler – TLC match

CM Punk vs. Ryback – Tables match

Big Show vs. Sheamus – Chairs match

source: wrestlingobserver.com

I woud have prefered Nxt Black vs Ryback in a 3 on 1 tables match!
And
Punk vs Mankind or Cautus Jack in TLC match poss have the Rock helping his former tag partner, build a bit of heat between the two going in to the rumble!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Three matches advertised for WWE’s TLC PPV (Poss Raw Spoiler) Empty Re: Three matches advertised for WWE’s TLC PPV (Poss Raw Spoiler)

Post by Hero Tue 20 Nov 2012, 11:35 pm

Foley was rumoured for a while to be competing at TLC, I'm wondering if Ambrose and co will assault him at some point when he's berating Punk and they have the rivalry that was hinted at a few months ago.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Three matches advertised for WWE’s TLC PPV (Poss Raw Spoiler) Empty Re: Three matches advertised for WWE’s TLC PPV (Poss Raw Spoiler)

Post by Hero Tue 20 Nov 2012, 11:37 pm

It is an odd choice of match though for Punk v Ryback again, surely Punk is retaining to set up the match v Rock at RR so if that's the case then Ryback loses 3 PPVs in a row to him (albeit the first two by screwy interferences).

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 20 Nov 2012, 11:43 pm

Concerened about Ryback/Punk III if I'm honest, I hoped WWE would do something to take him out of the firing line, I'd hope Guerrero hinting at the suspension this past Monday might have been something to do with this.

WWE pulled off a miricle by having Ryback continue unabated after one and then two PPV losses and he is being booked very strong but it's a difficult position to constantly feature a monster like him while at the same time planning the title changes amongst 3 men almost over his head.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 20 Nov 2012, 11:58 pm

TLC match the time Lesnar comes to screw Ryback? Gives him an out when it comes to suddenly not caring about the title. Would seem weird that none of the new three would have anything set up though, whats to just stop them doing it again?

House is right, theyve protected Ryback tremendously even with two defeats, a third in a match like this will be really difficult, in fact Lesnar is the only way out as far as I can see.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 21 Nov 2012, 12:00 am

I also think the Tag Team match should be TLC with PTPs Kane n Bryan and Rey and Sin Cara (id say throw in Kidd Gabriel and Primo Epico but then theres loads of little spot monkeys running about) and that Ziggler v Cena should just be a straight match.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 21 Nov 2012, 7:45 am

I can see Lesnar being Rybacks WM opponent, would basically be Lesnar v Goldberg 2 but would give Ryback a huge scalp going forwards and a probable WWE title shortly afterwards.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Wed 21 Nov 2012, 8:26 am

Surely the Cena - Ziggler match could just be a ladder match, can't any need for tables or chairs!

They could have a breifcase with Vicky's ultimate proof (photos maybe) in it, if Cena gets the case it is destoryed and if Ziggler gets the case the proof is reviled on Raw!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 21 Nov 2012, 9:08 am

I watched RAW and didn't see any of these matches being made Laugh my attention spans horrendous

The matches....as soon as Sheamus decided to use a chair the other night I knew that would be the match at TLC

Cena/Ziggler...I'm happy about this match, its a step in the righ direction for Ziggler, a main eventer as an opponent should be a good thing, I must say though I hate when any form of ladder match is scheduled when there is no title at stake, the ladder feels totally redundent, no doubt the WWE manufactured guys will be so programmed that they'll still set the ladder up in the middle of the ring like they'd do if a title was up for grabs, this definitely should have been either a normal match or a tables match.

Punk vs Ryback III... I don't really understand this match, as of yet Punk's not really done much wrong, he's capitalised on Ryback's misfortune but as of yet it's not been proven that Punk's been the one behind all these random attacks on Ryback...I totally agree with Dr G.H too, they've done an incredible job in sheilding him from two PPV losses although he didn't actually drop the fall at Survivor Series, but TLC is a double edged sword for me,Ryback can't lose a 3rd straight PPV match and Punk really should be getting a big win heading into the Rock feud, I just don't see how this match will do any good, if Punk wins the match again he'll either look weak in retaining or Ryback will finally fall through the glass cieling, I don't understand that... You know with it being a tables match though that the 3 NXT guys, and possibly even Danny Davis or whatever that cheating refs name is will come out and distract Ryback, he'll obviously not be pinned, that's what the table is there for, I just don't feel that kind of win is fitting for Punk, who after 13 months as Champ is about to walk into his biggest feud, I'd have rather seen a short possibly rushed feud with Randy Orton where Punk wins, maybe not clean but of his own accord without any help....I also feel that the Punk/Ryback match should have been the TLC match

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 21 Nov 2012, 9:34 am

The Cena / Ziggler match highlights the problem with these themed pay per views. The first match of their feud and it's a TLC match? Is AJ going to be suspended above the ring or something? Should definitely have been a straight one-on-one match.

Punk / Ryberg III is all sorts of wrong as well, in reality Goldback should have been shifted away from Punk after Hell in a Cell since he was a replacement for John Cena. What happened to the whole "Punk won't be best in the world until he beats John Cena" angle anyway? The fact that it's a Tables match means we'll more than likely see the NXTus interfere again and put Ryberg through the table. Where they go with the Hungry Hungry Hippo after that is beyond me, because he'll obviously want his revenge against the NXTus but how do you achieve that without burying Rollins, Ambrose and Reigns? WWE might have booked themselves into a corner here.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 21 Nov 2012, 9:40 am

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:
The Cena / Ziggler match highlights the problem with these themed pay per views. The first match of their feud and it's a TLC match? Is AJ going to be suspended above the ring or something? Should definitely have been a straight one-on-one match.

Please let it be like a giant pinata!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 21 Nov 2012, 9:53 am

Ryback should definitely have had a 3 on 1 match with the NXT guys, that would have wiped out his two losses and set him up nicely for the Royal Rumble, the problem with that though is the WWE decided to use two of its most talented reserves for this angle and Ryback killing them does them no good at all

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 21 Nov 2012, 10:16 am

I wouldn't be surprised if Maddox reappears in this storyline as I think WWE would be happier to bury him than any of the other three. Am I right in saying these are yet to be officially announced? If so, there is a big chance they'll change their minds somewhere along the lines, maybe even live on air, after already announcing a main event, and for no explainable reason just changing their plan.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 21 Nov 2012, 10:44 am

If its a RAW spoiler then surely they've been announced, no?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Wed 21 Nov 2012, 10:49 am

Kay Fabe wrote:If its a RAW spoiler then surely they've been announced, no?

I wrote "Poss Raw Spoiler" to cover my bases as I've not seen Raw yet. These matches were advertised on wrestlingobserver.com.
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 21 Nov 2012, 11:02 am

Cheers, I watched RAW albeit on fast forward so thought I'd missed it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 21 Nov 2012, 11:08 am

I don't remember seeing the matches announced so I think you can trust your attention span again, or we've both glazed over watching it

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Wed 21 Nov 2012, 11:17 am

Why A TLC Match For Cena/Ziggler, What will they be fighting for for a ladder to need to be involved?

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Video Man Wed 21 Nov 2012, 11:21 am

Amy wrote:Why A TLC Match For Cena/Ziggler, What will they be fighting for for a ladder to need to be involved?

most likely aj's contract
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by BD21 Wed 21 Nov 2012, 12:01 pm

The tag titles should be the TLC match.

Punk - Ryback in a ladder match. Have Ryback look like he is going to pick up the win then have NXTus come down and handcuff him to the ring post. I've said it before, ryback's revenge should be eliminating them in the rumble. No pins then as I feel it would kill everyone's momentum.

Cena - Ziggler in a tables match. Ziggler should get the win to make him look strong for...

Sheamus - Show in a chairs match. Show wins but Sheamus beats him down and Ziggler cashes in and wins the title.

Id then have Orton win the rumble and do a double turn leaving Orton heel and Ziggler face. Ziggler wins at Mania in an epic 20-30 minute match.

BD21

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Wed 21 Nov 2012, 12:05 pm

Amy wrote:Why A TLC Match For Cena/Ziggler, What will they be fighting for for a ladder to need to be involved?

Its a good message to send to the Cenation (Kids) if someone speads rumours about you, you should cave their head in with a steel chair - warning
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 21 Nov 2012, 12:16 pm

So Ryback doesn't get to kill guys who cost him the title? Just eliminate them from the Rumble without a pin in sight? What does that do for Ryback? He basically needs to wait two months just to throw someone over the top rope? Nah, don't buy that in the slightest I'm afraid

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by BD21 Wed 21 Nov 2012, 1:06 pm

Sorry! Just tried to think of something that doesn't kill the momentum the three guys have! Maybe Roman Reigns is part of the group to take the fall, I don't know

BD21

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 21 Nov 2012, 1:18 pm

Am I the only one who hates 'Chair' matches, I think they're totally ridiculous.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 21 Nov 2012, 1:22 pm

No, I'm not having a pop at your idea, no-one wants to see Rollins or Ambrose burried BUT that's the problem the WWE have now given themselves.

On Sunday when Hero mentioned the WWE where working on plans for these guys I said whatever they do I just hope they don't throw them in for the sake of it, judging on who they attacked, and how the fans have reacted to Ryback then not allowing Ryback to get his revenge would be madness, as of yet Ambrose and Rollins haven't built that report with the fans so could very well be seen to be dispensable at this moment in time

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Wed 21 Nov 2012, 1:24 pm

Crimey wrote:Am I the only one who hates 'Chair' matches, I think they're totally ridiculous.

ME!!! would you get DQed if you used any other weapon?
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 21 Nov 2012, 1:32 pm

I think that's the idea yeah, chairs are the only weapns that are legal

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 21 Nov 2012, 1:52 pm

Chairs are not only welcomed, they're ALLOWED!

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 21 Nov 2012, 1:53 pm

Could you wrap barbed wire around the chair?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 21 Nov 2012, 1:57 pm

No, the only thing you could wrap around a chair is another chair.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 21 Nov 2012, 2:00 pm

What about if the chair is made of the barbed wire?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Nov 2012, 2:01 pm

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:

But head shots with the chair are strictly prohibited!

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 21 Nov 2012, 2:03 pm

Chairs made from barbed wire are okay, but it's advisable not to sit on them.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 21 Nov 2012, 2:05 pm

AntLord wrote:
theundisputedY2D2 wrote:

But head shots with the chair are strictly prohibited!

Unless you are the Undertaker and/or Triple H, in which case you will be "fined".

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 21 Nov 2012, 2:07 pm

What if it was one of those chairs that umpires at tennis use, they're sort of like a ladder and a chair in one.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 21 Nov 2012, 2:12 pm

They're okay as well but you can only hit your opponent with the chair portion of it and not the ladder bit. You're also not allowed to climb up it and perform all manner of fantastical high flying moves off it.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 21 Nov 2012, 2:22 pm

I'd like to see a variety of chairs used. Why's it always the generic black chair. I want it like they've gone down to the DFS sale on Boxing Day. Punk smashing Ryback over the back (obviously not the head) with a leather bound recliner with matching futon.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Nov 2012, 2:39 pm

I'd like to see an Electric chair incorporated

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 21 Nov 2012, 3:12 pm

AntLord wrote:I'd like to see an Electric chair incorporated

Been done mate, WCW's Halloween Havoc 91 had a Chamber of Horrors match that featured an electric chair.

It was - needless to say - an unmitigated triumph of a match.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 21 Nov 2012, 4:15 pm

"Chairs don't hold grudges"

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 21 Nov 2012, 4:18 pm

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:
AntLord wrote:I'd like to see an Electric chair incorporated

Been done mate, WCW's Halloween Havoc 91 had a Chamber of Horrors match that featured an electric chair.

It was - needless to say - an unmitigated triumph of a match.

Surely that'd be a bit hard to lift up and swing at your opponent though?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down