The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poss Spoiler: Which WWE superstar returns in January?

+15
A Fine Folk.
Gregers
imprettyfly
Kay Fabe
Statto00
Luke
theundisputedY2D2
ncfc_Tooze
The Awesome Giz
Mr H
I Blame Coco
Don Caboose
TwisT
Beer
VDT
19 posters

Go down

Poss Spoiler: Which WWE superstar returns in January? Empty Poss Spoiler: Which WWE superstar returns in January?

Post by VDT Thu 08 Dec 2011, 9:21 am

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, those in the WWE inner circle are under the impression that Chris Jericho is returning in January and that the viral videos airing on Raw and Smackdown are a set up for him being on the January 2nd Raw in Memphis.
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Poss Spoiler: Which WWE superstar returns in January? Empty Re: Poss Spoiler: Which WWE superstar returns in January?

Post by Beer Thu 08 Dec 2011, 9:27 am

I've heard the same.

They have Taker on standby should discussions between Jericho and the WWE fall through.

Anyone know whether Kharma has had her baby yet?

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Poss Spoiler: Which WWE superstar returns in January? Empty Re: Poss Spoiler: Which WWE superstar returns in January?

Post by TwisT Thu 08 Dec 2011, 9:30 am

As already suggested by another member, the date January 2nd 2012, suggests a link to Y2J (Year 2012, 2nd, January).

For that reason it will probably be someone else......it is a WWE thing Wink

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Thu 08 Dec 2011, 10:32 am

If its Jericho I hope he's not feuding with Punk.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by I Blame Coco Thu 08 Dec 2011, 11:51 am

The language used in the promo's is very similar to the language Jericho used in his previous tenure with the WWE. (i.e lots of big words).

I read an interesting disection of the promo's yesterday, where Jericho is the little boy doing all the work whilst CM Punk is the little girl sitting in the background. When Jericho is metaphorically banished to the naughty corner, the little girl (Punk) picks up the ball and runs with it.

I Blame Coco

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 08 Dec 2011, 12:00 pm

Don Caboose wrote:If its Jericho I hope he's not feuding with Punk.

To be fair, as much as i'd prefer Punk vs Triple H, upon reflection i dont think Jericho is a bad second best. The promos would be dynamite and although i dont rate Jericho as a top tier draw the actual wrestling matches should be more than watchable too.

I'd have no problem with Jericho v Punk.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Thu 08 Dec 2011, 12:12 pm

I heard Kharma is now engaged. I would expect her to return around Summerslam, I doubt she'll immediately pop the kid out then the next week start wrestling again. Lately I've been thinking that the divas of doom storyline was ment for her, then decided just to give it to Beth and Natalya since she left, Kharmas original promos were her flicking heads off barbies.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Thu 08 Dec 2011, 12:49 pm

yes kong is engaged, her ring is the shape of a wrestling ring too

Spoiler:

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu 08 Dec 2011, 12:54 pm

ncfc_Tooze wrote:yes kong is engaged, her ring is the shape of a wrestling ring too

Spoiler:

I thought it would be the shape of her favourite cut of meat?

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 08 Dec 2011, 1:19 pm

It's Sting.

If you look closely at the basketball in the 'Look Within' vignette, it clearly says 'Sting'.

Either that or 'Spalding' but that wouldn't make any sense.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 08 Dec 2011, 1:39 pm

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:It's Sting.

If you look closely at the basketball in the 'Look Within' vignette, it clearly says 'Sting'.

Either that or 'Spalding' but that wouldn't make any sense.

Maybe it said "Wilson" and Tom Hanks is going to be lycra-ed up soon and fighting in the squared circle.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Thu 08 Dec 2011, 1:53 pm

Personally would like Jericho to return in April, and start a feud with Cena along the lines of the one he did with Micheals about letting everyone down, being a liarer etc.

As for January, i think it has to be Taker, otherwise they are leaving it way to late to get a decent feaud going for Mania, providing he is going to have a match.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Thu 08 Dec 2011, 1:55 pm

Mr H wrote:

To be fair, as much as i'd prefer Punk vs Triple H, upon reflection i dont think Jericho is a bad second best. The promos would be dynamite and although i dont rate Jericho as a top tier draw the actual wrestling matches should be more than watchable too.

Jericho is brilliant in the ring and brilliant on the mic, that I cannot deny. However, he does not give the rub of a top tier contender.

CM Punk while now firmly in Main Event merry go round, needs a big win at Wrestlemania to keep him strong. Jericho is bullet proof in terms of staying over, but he has done so many jobs to so many people up and down the card, I don't see fans buying him as a threat to Punk. And I can see the match being way down the card.

Punk needs a Wrestlemania moment, after jobbing the last two years, but I honestly can't think of an alternative.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu 08 Dec 2011, 2:19 pm

Don Caboose wrote:
Mr H wrote:

Jericho is brilliant in the ring and brilliant on the mic, that I cannot deny. However, he does not give the rub of a top tier contender.

CM Punk while now firmly in Main Event merry go round, needs a big win at Wrestlemania to keep him strong. Jericho is bullet proof in terms of staying over, but he has done so many jobs to so many people up and down the card, I don't see fans buying him as a threat to Punk. And I can see the match being way down the card.

Punk needs a Wrestlemania moment, after jobbing the last two years, but I honestly can't think of an alternative.

All depends how he is booked.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Statto00 Thu 08 Dec 2011, 3:03 pm

King Beer wrote:All depends how he is booked.
Thing is, if he's booked as dominant if/when he comes back then it'll only serve to make the current roster look weaker again.

Statto00

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 08 Dec 2011, 3:19 pm

no it wont

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Statto00 Thu 08 Dec 2011, 4:37 pm

What I mean is, if the way they make him look strong is by crushing the very upper-mid-carders he was jobbing to just before he left, then those upper-mid-carders will have to shuffle down the pecking order.

Statto00

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 08 Dec 2011, 5:22 pm

Raw is seriously lacking midcard faces, Zack Ryder is the only one getting any form of decent exposure and Jericho wont be anywhere near him. The only options are to go over Cena, which would make Cena look weak going into the main event of Wrestlemania, or to just go straight in with Punk and constantly get the better of him week after week to make him look strong. The problem is, if Jericho does return on Jan 2nd and goes straight in with Punk they have to drag that out until April 1st if they are going to face eachother at Mania, and by then we'll be bored to death of it.

Like they have done all year on Raw, the WWE have again booked themselves in knots.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by imprettyfly Thu 08 Dec 2011, 5:24 pm

Punk is mid card at best.

raspberry

Y2J should come back, shoot his mouth a bit, Win the rumble and then just leave. Saying he has now achieved Everything in the WWE. You could then have Punk attempt to prove himself to get Jericho to have a match at Mania. Failing that, just make Jericho champ and beat everyone. Best All-Round Wrestler Ever. Shame his character was poor on No Mercy.

You also forget Orton put him on the shelf so he could go after him... thumbsup

imprettyfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu 08 Dec 2011, 6:32 pm

How about it being Skip Sheffield?

Not a big name but what an entry into the big leagues it would be, or Tyler Black?

Doesn't have to be a returning star for it to be big. Remember before Kane originally debuted?

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by A Fine Folk. Thu 08 Dec 2011, 9:37 pm

Yeah i thinking it might be Karma as Raws promo was right in between a Beth Phoneix Promo and a Divas match.
That would be a let down Sad.

A Fine Folk.

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Fri 09 Dec 2011, 9:07 am

A Fine Folk. wrote:Yeah i thinking it might be Karma as Raws promo was right in between a Beth Phoneix Promo and a Divas match.
That would be a let down Sad.

I can't see Karma returning til at least Summerslam
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 09 Dec 2011, 10:29 am

It was very confusing sticking it in the middle of the Pin Up Strong promo. I was like "what has this got to do with Natalya and Beth Phoenix???"

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Fri 09 Dec 2011, 10:59 am

Punk has diddled Beth and Jericho has diddled Natalya?

To be fair Punk has had a few Divas....

But so has Batista.

Yes. It's him.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Mon 12 Dec 2011, 2:16 pm

Chris Jericho comments on mystery promos via Twitter

“Haven’t watched Raw in a month and I haven’t seen the mystery promos. Sorry…don’t know and don’t care so u can stop asking.”

VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 12 Dec 2011, 2:19 pm

Jericho is known for 'working' the internet.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sham427 Mon 12 Dec 2011, 4:05 pm

Ive heard it could be McMahon making a return taking back what's 'rightfully his' or even Shane and Stephanie e.g the boy and girl but more convinced by vince.

Sham427

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon 12 Dec 2011, 4:05 pm

Jericho , = the hacks etc , Look Within the second it begins ( other way round ) = Look Within the second coming

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Mon 12 Dec 2011, 4:07 pm

Dont you just love a good old mystery!!!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 12 Dec 2011, 5:08 pm

I think he's definitely trying to put the scent off of him.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down