The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Froch v Mack and undercard thread

+17
TechInept
ONETWOFOREVER
Sugar Floyd Louis
tomfinneywalksonwater
rob-glos
coxy0001
bellchees
Fernando
Lance
ShahenshahG
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
mobilemaster8
6oldenbhoy
mlop542
RANDY77
sweet_pea
Seanusarrilius
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Froch v Mack and undercard thread - Page 3 Empty Froch v Mack and undercard thread

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat 17 Nov 2012, 8:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

Let us speak of our glorious sport!!!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Froch v Mack and undercard thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Froch v Mack and undercard thread

Post by Lance Sun 18 Nov 2012, 12:21 am

froch has fought better level opposition than any british fighter of the last 10 years, yet i dont think he has earned as much as several of them. this fight with mack possibly signalled a shift in frochs motives. they are probably driven more by hearn than froch himself, but that doesnt change the fact. he earned the lions share in a full nottingham arena tonight, rather than travel or entice a better level of opposition for a smaller share of the purse. bute in canada will be a good earner from a fight they know they can win, so i expect it to happen. kessler and ward rematches seem unlikely for the time being to me

Lance

Back to top Go down

Froch v Mack and undercard thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Froch v Mack and undercard thread

Post by Volcanicash Sun 18 Nov 2012, 12:27 am

6oldenbhoy wrote:He beats Kessler, but Ward is different class. From Ward's perspective why would he want that fight? He won easy the first time and I can't see what Froch has changed. Ward sells in Oakland, so why go to Nottingham?

Well its going to be interesting how it pans out next year. Kessler faces Magee this Decemaber for the Wba interim or regular title, the winner is set to face Ward, which Kessler has openly stated he wants to face next. Ward's next fight date is set for January with Kelly Pavlik potentially lined up, and has stated he would be open for a rematch with Kessler or Froch.

Froch was far more competant than Kessler in their respective fights against ward, but if Kessler Ward 2 happens, I can see Froch facing only one of them next year. And Ward has stated he'd be willing to travel, and to be honest his skill set doesn't lessen whether its in nottingham, norway or new jersey, so lets see how 2013 pans out.

Volcanicash

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sun 18 Nov 2012, 6:34 pm

i wouldnt have said froch did any better against ward than kessler did

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3