The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Froch-Groves Undercard

+23
rob-glos
Haito
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
John Bloody Wayne
Seanusarrilius
Lance
Nico the gman
TRUSSMAN66
milkyboy
Fists of Fury
seanmichaels
Mind the windows Tino.
catchweight
BoxingFan88
hazharrison
Rowley
ONETWOFOREVER
Lumbering_Jack
88Chris05
Steffan
Hammersmith harrier
mobilemaster8
KingMonkey
27 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Froch-Groves Undercard Empty Froch-Groves Undercard

Post by KingMonkey Wed 06 Nov 2013, 6:19 pm

Aside from being served up a load of Gallagher Gym nonsense are we actually going to see anything worthwhile?

Crolla-Gethin is far from mouth watering but I'll watch it in preference to whoever Quigg and McDonnell are likely to be in against. Fielding? Ffs.

One decent chief support could have saved this but its a poor showing imho.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Froch-Groves Undercard Empty Re: Froch-Groves Undercard

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 06 Nov 2013, 6:49 pm

Rip off. Wont be tuning in. Boxing is being killed by these PPV shows with a no name on it.

Would the States have a main event consisting of Danny Garcia vs Paul McCloskey? Nope.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 06 Nov 2013, 6:56 pm

Does that fight contain the countries biggest fighter against a compatriot? No it doesn't, the only measure of whether it is PPV is how much it sells.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 06 Nov 2013, 6:59 pm

Il be watching this fight. Wont be paying for it though thankfully

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 06 Nov 2013, 7:00 pm

Steffan wrote:Il be watching this fight. Wont be paying for it though thankfully
Are you not a Froch fan or something, Steffan?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 06 Nov 2013, 7:09 pm

88Chris05 wrote:
Steffan wrote:Il be watching this fight. Wont be paying for it though thankfully
Are you not a Froch fan or something, Steffan?
Nah I love the guy. So humble with success and dignified with defeat. Always bigging up his fellow UK fighters (current and retired) as well. Wish he would talk about 'warriors' and 'trenches' a bit more though. He needs to learn to play on that

Il be watching the fight over my brothers so he can pay Smile

WAR FROCH AND ALL THAT NONSENSE

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 06 Nov 2013, 7:24 pm

Looking forward to you really pouring the scorn on Froch with a series of allusions to Rocky as the fights nears, Steffan. "Hit the nose in the middle!", "Froch don't fight no real man, he fights them set ups!" and of course "Groves will beat you uglier than you are now, Carl!"

Don't disappoint me.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 06 Nov 2013, 7:25 pm

How do you have the time to hate a stranger so much...

Anyone would think you are a jobless bum with nothing better to do.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 06 Nov 2013, 7:51 pm

Steffen is a top bloke and 606 is lucky to have him.

For years he has told us how much of a tool Froch is and we ignored him. Well the chickens have come back to roost as our international superstar Froch displays his vile nature for all to see.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 06 Nov 2013, 7:55 pm

Who cares he's a boxer for christ sake, he's not somebody you meet on a regular basis so why does his personality really matter? He doesn't go around beating women or get involved in drugs so why care if he's a bit up himself, if you don't enjoy watching him fight fair enough but the constant bleating about him as a person is cringeworthy.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 06 Nov 2013, 8:08 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Who cares he's a boxer for christ sake, he's not somebody you meet on a regular basis so why does his personality really matter? He doesn't go around beating women or get involved in drugs so why care if he's a bit up himself, if you don't enjoy watching him fight fair enough but the constant bleating about him as a person is cringeworthy.
Incorrect

Its a fact that Froch has overachieved in his life. He has been lucky in his career. The first fighter of any note on his record was Pascal and Froch was lucky to get the nod in that 1, then came Taylor who totally outboxed Froch for most of the fight and then gassed. Froch was lucky he gassed, Dirrel beat him we all know that despite his methods Dirrel won a boxing match but Froch got the decision because of home cooking, then Kessler beat him and Froch made his excuses, then he was shut out against Ward but ''he was not himself that night'' so its ok.

Froch is very arrogant and should be thankful as he has a bird who is stunning and would not look twice at him had he not been a successful fighter plus the chemistry between her and Hearns leads me to believe there is something going on there.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 06 Nov 2013, 8:12 pm

Appreciate that Steffan's comments towards Froch are all part of his v2 persona, so I don't take it too seriously when he lays in to him!

However, all these other people banging on about what a 'vile' character Froch is, or how he's showing his 'true colours' etc need to get a hold of themselves. The fella's made some outlandish statements with regards to himself, his career, his fan base etc. Now I'll be the first to admit that he's not always gone about this in the best way, particularly in the last eighteen months or so, but "vile character"? Really?

When Froch talks about anything but himself, he's usually articulate, fairly engaging, forthright and balanced. He doesn't roll out the boring old clichés which we're all sick of hearing and, in general, he's a superb advert for the sport. There's a lot to admire about him and though I can see why he's riled a few people up, it seems crazy to me that so many are so quick to now all of a sudden act as if the bad outweighs the good when it comes to him.

I can vouch that Froch is a good bloke on the whole, and definitely far removed from being vile, a bully, discerning etc (or whatever else he's being labelled as these days!). I wouldn't normally feel the need to stick up for a fighter like this, but as I said, this torrent of abuse towards Froch seems to have come from nowhere a wee bit. Can't help but feel that one or two people are going a little overboard.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 06 Nov 2013, 8:14 pm

That is a very one sided way of looking at things.

He clearly beat Pascal, he produced a great comeback to beat Taylor, he got a close decision against Dirrell in a fight that could have gone either way. Kessler and Ward beat him fair and square but aside from which your hatred for somebody you do not know is very irrational, you must dislike the majority of boxers then if you hate egotists so much. Then bringing up his missus just further emphasises what irrational opinions you hold because again you know neither of them.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 06 Nov 2013, 8:26 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:That is a very one sided way of looking at things.

He clearly beat Pascal, he produced a great comeback to beat Taylor, he got a close decision against Dirrell in a fight that could have gone either way. Kessler and Ward beat him fair and square but aside from which your hatred for somebody you do not know is very irrational, you must dislike the majority of boxers then if you hate egotists so much. Then bringing up his missus just further emphasises what irrational opinions you hold because again you know neither of them.
C'mon Hammersmith look at Froch then look at his bird, then look at Froch again....yeah exactly.

Froch's manner towards Groves has been nothing short of disgusting. He has been disrespectful and arrogant and its a real shame to see this in boxing. Groves is an up and coming fighter just trying to make a name for himself and has been nothing but polite and respectful to Froch but Froch has been a disgrace on a biblical level. I have never witnessed such disgraceful scenes in the lead up to a boxing match. It really is asign of the times we live in and does make me shed tears because I don't like bullying and watching Groves have to apologize and squirm in the face of Froch brings back some dark memories but I have to be strong and remember David v Golieth.

God speed Groves.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 06 Nov 2013, 8:30 pm

Like I said I don't know either of them so can't make a judgment, looking at her if she was that shallow i'm pretty sure she'd have picked somebody richer and better looking, just a thought.

The hyperbole is pathetic, nothing he's done is disgusting or disgraceful, words like that are reserved for actually doing something wrong not talking like an idiot.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 06 Nov 2013, 8:32 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Froch has been a disgrace on a biblical level. I have never witnessed such disgraceful scenes in the lead up to a boxing match. It really is asign of the times we live in and does make me shed tears because I don't like bullying and watching Groves have to apologize and squirm in the face of Froch brings back some dark memories but I have to be strong and remember David v Golieth.

God speed Groves.

Laugh Laugh Laugh 

Do us all a favour please, OneTwo - don't ever change, will you!?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 06 Nov 2013, 8:56 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:How do you have the time to hate a stranger so much...
I think the same thing to myself everytime your name pops up on the scream...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 06 Nov 2013, 8:59 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:but Froch has been a disgrace on a biblical level. I have never witnessed such disgraceful scenes in the lead up to a boxing match.
You need to get out more.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 06 Nov 2013, 9:03 pm

Froch strikes me as the kinda guy who uses the disabled toilet in a train station or shopping centre even when he only needs a quick pee

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Wed 06 Nov 2013, 9:55 pm

Froch, Groves, whatever. I'm looking forward to it. I'm going ffs, but the card.... Dross. Froch-Kessler card was fine by me but this.... What a load of tripe. Quigg won't fight anyone worthwhile for his non-title, Fielding, Smith after Smith vs nobody its the same old rubbish.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 06 Nov 2013, 10:38 pm

Quigg is fighting Diego Silva, who fought a debutant recently and three guys with losing records.

Mouthwatering.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 06 Nov 2013, 10:48 pm

Quigg is just taking a keep busy fight, he only fought last month so expecting him to face anyone half decent is a bit hopeful.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 07 Nov 2013, 1:18 am

Laughable that this fight is on PPV, its no where near worthy. Sky missed a trick not paring the Pacquiao fight with it.

Have the opponents even been announced yet?

I might buy this fight if my mates chip in but no way am I paying £15 for a fight that might not even make it to the second half.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu 07 Nov 2013, 1:43 am

This fight shouldnt be ppv to begin with but the rest of the show seems crap to boot. I think fans will be doing well to see a handful of competitive rounds over the whole night.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Thu 07 Nov 2013, 6:56 am

Its a massive con to those who bought tickets. The fight itself sells, I get that, but to take the urine because they can get away with it just stinks.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 07 Nov 2013, 8:34 am

I am quivering with excitement at this fight. I refuse to pay for it out of principle, but I am going to the pub with a mate to watch it instead.

I will end up paying well over the £15 PPV price with all the drinks, but I haven't been to the pub for months so I can't wait. I'm going to drink till I vomit.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 07 Nov 2013, 8:42 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote: I'm going to drink till I vomit.
A full two pints then Tina.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu 07 Nov 2013, 8:42 am

Like a real man Tino. Good job.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 07 Nov 2013, 8:49 am

Rowley wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote: I'm going to drink till I vomit.
A full two pints then Tina.
Two pints of scotch though.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 07 Nov 2013, 9:37 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I am quivering with excitement at this fight.  I refuse to pay for it out of principle, but I am going to the pub with a mate to watch it instead.

I will end up paying well over the £15 PPV price with all the drinks, but I haven't been to the pub for months so I can't wait.  I'm going to drink till I vomit.
Make sure it is slimline tonic......

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu 07 Nov 2013, 9:41 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I am quivering with excitement at this fight.  I refuse to pay for it out of principle, but I am going to the pub with a mate to watch it instead.

I will end up paying well over the £15 PPV price with all the drinks, but I haven't been to the pub for months so I can't wait.  I'm going to drink till I vomit.
Make sure it is slimline tonic......
1 measure of Bombay sapphire gin, 4 measures of slimline tonic and 3 squeezed limes.

Delightful.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 07 Nov 2013, 11:53 am

According to Sky both Joshua and Martin Murray have been added to the bill which gives it a little more depth.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 07 Nov 2013, 11:57 am

Series of knock overs, though Geoff. I'd rather have three competitive fights than 10 favourites beating up on imports. It's one of the things that mystifies me with boxing promotions.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 07 Nov 2013, 12:01 pm

Totally agree Haz, however am pleased to see Joshua on the bill. Is always nice to see someone with potential early in their career. Am not going to argue by any means that the card is the best I have ever seen but as someone who is attended I don’t feel especially ripped off. I personally think whilst Froch will win the main event will be closer than many are billing it. I have never seen Quigg live so am looking forward to that and also like the fact he is back in action so soon after his last fight. Also believe Callum Smith is on and my feelings on him echo Joshua above.

As I say not the greatest card ever by any stretch but I have paid for a damned sight worse. Calzaghe Manfredo stands out as a particular low point.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 07 Nov 2013, 12:03 pm

Froch, Groves, Quigg, M Murray, Joshua, Campbell, Fielding, C Smith all in action. Should be an excellent night of British boxing.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 07 Nov 2013, 12:04 pm

I have a feeling Groves will run away with a few rounds and Froch will have to catch him down the stretch.

He couldn't do a thing with Dirrell when he boxed on the move and I fancy George will box in that style.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 07 Nov 2013, 1:41 pm

Rowley wrote:As I say not the greatest card ever by any stretch but I have paid for a damned sight worse. Calzaghe Manfredo stands out as a particular low point
Did you actually go to that fight then?

The card was poor to say the least

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Nov 2013, 1:53 pm

88Chris05 wrote:Appreciate that Steffan's comments towards Froch are all part of his v2 persona, so I don't take it too seriously when he lays in to him!

However, all these other people banging on about what a 'vile' character Froch is, or how he's showing his 'true colours' etc need to get a hold of themselves. The fella's made some outlandish statements with regards to himself, his career, his fan base etc. Now I'll be the first to admit that he's not always gone about this in the best way, particularly in the last eighteen months or so, but "vile character"? Really?

When Froch talks about anything but himself, he's usually articulate, fairly engaging, forthright and balanced. He doesn't roll out the boring old clichés which we're all sick of hearing and, in general, he's a superb advert for the sport. There's a lot to admire about him and though I can see why he's riled a few people up, it seems crazy to me that so many are so quick to now all of a sudden act as if the bad outweighs the good when it comes to him.

I can vouch that Froch is a good bloke on the whole, and definitely far removed from being vile, a bully, discerning etc (or whatever else he's being labelled as these days!). I wouldn't normally feel the need to stick up for a fighter like this, but as I said, this torrent of abuse towards Froch seems to have come from nowhere a wee bit. Can't help but feel that one or two people are going a little overboard.
REALLY???

The man, as generally amiable as he may be, is a walking cliche. Sadly, having done it the hard way without the need for resorting to fashionably unpleasant behaviour to sell his fights, he's since decided he needs to develop a "personality" Sadly, the one he's adopted is tiresome in the extreme and I for one wish he'd knock it on the head and give up all this "Warrior" tripe.

He's got a couple gifts and ridden his luck a bit in his career but on the whole his wins and losses have been clear cut. My biggest hope is that, who ever wins this one, the result isn't in dispute as I'm not sure I could stomach the aftermath either from Froch or on here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 07 Nov 2013, 3:05 pm

Steffan wrote:
Rowley wrote:As I say not the greatest card ever by any stretch but I have paid for a damned sight worse. Calzaghe Manfredo stands out as a particular low point
Did you actually go to that fight then?

The card was poor to say the least
I did mate, TSMR bought it me for my birthday. Still had a good weekend though. I love Cardiff so no hardship spending a weekend there. The card was awful though. Enzo Mac vs Bobby Gunn was about as bad as it gets for a world title.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 07 Nov 2013, 3:20 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:Appreciate that Steffan's comments towards Froch are all part of his v2 persona, so I don't take it too seriously when he lays in to him!

REALLY???

The man, as generally amiable as he may be, is a walking cliche. Sadly, having done it the hard way without the need for resorting to fashionably unpleasant behaviour to sell his fights, he's since decided he needs to develop a "personality" Sadly, the one he's adopted is tiresome in the extreme and I for one wish he'd knock it on the head and give up all this "Warrior" tripe.

He's got a couple gifts and ridden his luck a bit in his career but on the whole his wins and losses have been clear cut. My biggest hope is that, who ever wins this one, the result isn't in dispute as I'm not sure I could stomach the aftermath either from Froch or on here.
If froch dropped his warrior spiel, what would you have to post about Dave? You might as well go over the top and impale yourself on some barbed wire in front of a machine gun post.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 07 Nov 2013, 3:23 pm

milkyboy wrote:If froch dropped his warrior spiel, what would you have to post about Dave? You might as well go over the top and impale yourself on some barbed wire in front of a machine gun post.
Hype jobs and bandwagons would be my guess.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 07 Nov 2013, 3:25 pm

If Froch shows his toes after he lost..

all would be forgiven.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu 07 Nov 2013, 4:08 pm

Has Froch had gifts? The only fight up for dispute was Dirrell. Close fight yes, but not a gift. Either man could have won without it being a gift.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Nov 2013, 4:18 pm

milkyboy wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

REALLY???

If froch dropped his warrior spiel, what would you have to post about Dave? You might as well go over the top and impale yourself on some barbed wire in front of a machine gun post.
What a thoroughly cliche-free and nice chap he is....and Bradley Pryce.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Thu 07 Nov 2013, 5:01 pm

This is about par for the course in PPV  fights now its been sold out, the promoters aren't really bothered who's on the bill apart from the main event.

Usually what happens is your told there's a couple of mouthwatering British title fights or a European title fight thrown in, you get your ticket and one by one fighters who allegedly were going to fight drop out, one of the biggest con tricks in the game Warren used to do it regular.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu 07 Nov 2013, 5:03 pm

You should expect better from a ppv card. If Groves cant make the main fight competitive then it will be one sided wash outs all the way.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Thu 07 Nov 2013, 5:08 pm

catchweight wrote:You should expect better from a ppv card. If Groves cant make the main fight competitive then it will be one sided wash outs all the way.
Totally agree with you catchweight been caught out a couple of times with these undercard bills,once you've got your ticket your stumped, mug punter comes to mind, con job by the promoter,got your money sing for it.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu 07 Nov 2013, 5:17 pm

Yeah I agree. I think if the decent support acts are not announced with original fight then they will just be mismatches. Theres no chance a decent fight will be put together only a few weeks before the event. When you see Fighter X v TBA you can be safe in assuming TBA will be a nobody. I dont know where the hell they found Quiggs opponent from. A world title fight between to guys who didnt win their previous fight. Must be one of the worst world title fights in history. Linking in to what was said on another thread about the value of Sky Sports vs subscriptions channels. This is the sort of fight that if they were serious about growing a fanbase should be just on regular sky with the opportunity to see a whole lot of British boxers who are basically all certain to win against hand picked opponents. Especially Olympians like Joshua and Campbell who the British public would know about. Instead its flogged on ppv by Hearn. Even dedicated fans would think twice about paying for this I imagine so theres no chance Joe Public will.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu 07 Nov 2013, 5:21 pm

Not worried about pay per views myself. If its a rip off then the fans will vote by keeping their money in their pocket. Hearn might know better next time.

Have to say he must either be confident this fight sells, or aware that it isn't, because hes clearly not getting the cheque book out for the undercard. Not interested in watching mismatches.

I thought Froch got lucky once. against Dirrell. don't understand how you can win a fight when you cant get your gloves on your opponent. If Mayweather or Rigo fought like Dirrell that night it would be called a masterclass. The british press painted Dirrell as some sort of anti boxing coward, when in reality he was total class

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Thu 07 Nov 2013, 6:10 pm

Dirrell's holding and grabbing was far from slick defensive stuff of the sweet science. It was ugly in the extreme. Close fight I didn't think Dirrell deserve to take.

Hold tight, the card has been saved though. Callum Smith has pit his WBC international super cross continental nothingness belt on the line. Phew. Meanwhile Rocky 'no shoulders' Fielding beats up another kidnapped African who looks confused and can't box.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next