The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Froch Vs Groves' Undercard

+5
Strongback
mobilemaster8
Izzi
rob-glos
AlexHuckerby
9 posters

Go down

Froch Vs Groves' Undercard Empty Froch Vs Groves' Undercard

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 08 May 2014, 11:04 pm

Anthony Joshua facing TBA in a supposed 8 rounder - Good exposure for Joshua on such a massive card, whoever he's fighting won't  be a total world beater but he's been matched decent in regards to him only having 5 fights thus far and this will most likely be his most difficult task so far. Difficult to put a real prediction in but whoever Joshua's facing, I'm reckoning its a KO.

Jaime McDonnell facing Tabtimdaeng Na Rachawat, y'all laughing at me when I say this might prove to be a more difficult fight than most expect... McDonnell to win via KO late on.

James DeGale facing Brandon Gonzales, this is the fight of the undercard for me, two men that are highly skilled coming to win with a World Title shot afterwards for them. Gonzales battled Oosthuizen to a draw who is a pretty damn good boxer and I scored it 6 rounds for Gonzales to 4, with Gonzales dominating early on but slowing down towards the end. DeGale late KO.

Kevin Mitchell facing Ghislain Maduma, never watched or heard of Maduma.... World title eliminator thoughgh... Don't know what to expect really but I enjoy watching Mitchell fight and Maduma's unbeaten so could be a good scrap. No Prediction.

5 fights but I imagine renting out Wembley's not cheap and they cannot afford to go over he time limit they have agreed with Transport for London but all of a pretty decent order with fights I'm looking forward to/.

I enjoy watching Mitchell, Degale, McDonnell and Joshua fight.... Oh, and the main event isn't bad either.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Froch Vs Groves' Undercard Empty Re: Froch Vs Groves' Undercard

Post by rob-glos Sat 10 May 2014, 2:16 pm

Hmmmm....

So they've announced the PPV price...

Not the normal 14.95...

This time, and maybe a new precedent, £16.95.

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 10 May 2014, 10:41 pm

Not a happy bunny but inflation and all that I guess...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Sun 11 May 2014, 6:02 am

To be fair, did anyone buy tickets on the premise the undercard would be stacked? Nope. And it still sold out in less time than it takes me to have a dump.

And it's going to smash the uk PPV record.

Yes, a great undercard would've been great... But the biggest fight on these shores in our lives (in terms of hype after their first FOTY) more than makes up for it as a spectacle.

Sadly when Froch knocks Groves out in the fourth there may be a feeling of emptiness regarding the nights drama

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 11 May 2014, 6:41 am

Price increase is bloody ridiculous.

Saying that, in the states, you pay $75 or something to watch on HBO i think?!

So £16.95 isn't that bad.....undercard sounds pretty cack though.

Don't mind Joshia....but how McDonnell has gone from a 'world champ" to this is beyond me.

Also, K Mitchell is over rated. Knocked out by Burns, hammered by Katsidis.

Looks good against euro level but when he steps up to fringe world level or world level, his power never carries and he gets beat.

I expect a Mitchell won via KO early as expected. James De Gale via UD in a tough fight, McDonnell via 3rd round KO, Josbua via 2nd round KO......and Froch via LKO.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 11 May 2014, 6:42 am

The biggest fights in Britain in my lifetime were on terrestrial television. Going by the numbers who will be watching this fight on tv it wouldn't make a dent in the ratings chart.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 11 May 2014, 6:44 am

Also, its worth noting, that The Moment contained 3 great fights, big names.

Amir Khan, Broner, Mayweather, Maidana......

On the UK card, the only real World Level fighter is Froch (proven).......so actually the cards pretty dross.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 11 May 2014, 6:57 am

Degale against Gonzalez is a decent fight, I expect chunky to win but it won't be straightforward.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 11 May 2014, 7:46 am

Eddie chuck Alex a ringside ticket..and give him a job..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 11 May 2014, 8:21 am

mobilemaster8 wrote:Also, its worth noting, that The Moment contained 3 great fights, big names.

Amir Khan, Broner, Mayweather, Maidana......

On the UK card, the only real World Level fighter is Froch (proven).......so actually the cards pretty dross.

Broner Versus Molina was a great fight...
Fair enough. He's a name... I'll give you that.
Froch Groves will make around £20 Million predicted, Mayweather Maidana had around $80 Million in the pot.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 11 May 2014, 8:42 am

MM8, are you seriously trying to compare an international promotional company in Golden Boy to a domestic promotional company in Matchroom?

Of course the Moment will have had a far better undercard, they had far more boxers to choose from and a lot more money to spend thanks largely to Mayweather.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 11 May 2014, 9:00 am

Fielding - Smith type 50/50 fights would have been nice

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Sun 11 May 2014, 4:52 pm

Strongback wrote:The biggest fights in Britain in my lifetime were on terrestrial television.  Going by the numbers who will be watching this fight on tv it wouldn't make a dent in the ratings chart.

Ratings based on?

Numbers?
Money generated?

You will still buy the PPV so STFU. Moron.

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 11 May 2014, 5:09 pm

He hasn't said anything out of order and there's no need for insult so wind your neck in.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 11 May 2014, 5:16 pm

Don't think he's recovered from his awful Khan prediction yet, albeit all of them consist of somebody getting splattered early.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 12 May 2014, 5:59 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Don't think he's recovered from his awful Khan prediction yet, albeit all of them consist of somebody getting splattered early.

To quote FLoyd Sr. "He don't know s*** 'bout Baxin'"

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Mon 12 May 2014, 7:59 am

There was talk of Mitchell vs Vasquez; nothing.

Even joshua vs Sprott; Nothing.

I'm not going to pretend that I know who McDonnell and Degale are fighting but if they're competitive it'll be a bonus.

The Smith-Fielding type fights would have been ideal.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 14 May 2014, 7:18 pm

KingMonkey wrote:There was talk of Mitchell vs Vasquez;  nothing.

Even joshua vs Sprott;   Nothing.

I'm not going to pretend that I know who McDonnell and Degale are fighting but if they're competitive it'll be a bonus.

The Smith-Fielding type fights would have been ideal.

Just to let you in on it seeing as you quite clearly aren't following boxing enough right now considering your views here:

Smith versus Fielding isn't happening due to Smith wanting to get a world title shot against Abraham and Fielding failing to make weight in his last fight.
Joshua/Sprott isn't happening due to Sprott being in a tournament at the moment where he is competing for a £100,000 prize. Also with Joshua getting injured and having to pull out of his previous bout he was put in for an 8 rounder instead of a 12 considering it is only his 6th pro fight.
Mitchell Vs Vazquez was attempted to be made however couldn't be negotiated as it does genuinely seem VAzquez's team are quite difficult to negotiate with considering this is around about the 3rd time recently promoters have tried to put a big showdown between there man and him together and not been able to come to an agreement. Oh, and just so you're aware this is a final eliminator so if Mitchell wins he will be mandatory for the belt.
McDonnell's opponent isn't the greatest but I can guarentee you he will be a hell of a lot better than what some are making him out to be. It is for the vacant WBA World title also.
If you don't know who Gonzalez is then you must be a little more out of the loop than I initially thought, this fight is for a mandatory spot for the winner of the main event. Little background on Gonzalez, he's unbeaten, had a very close fight with Thomas Oosthuizen, who is generally considered a top 168lb fighter, was also a fight most thought he won. (Was scored a draw officially) Is trained by Virgil Hunter and is generally considered to be a very strong fighter in America. Most are thinking it's 60/40 Degale.

Cheers

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down