The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would you like to see the Welsh Squad doing this week?

+5
Impossible Standards
bedfordwelsh
Biltong
aucklandlaurie
Beefy
9 posters

Go down

What would you like to see the Welsh Squad doing this week? Empty What would you like to see the Welsh Squad doing this week?

Post by Beefy Sat 17 Nov - 9:17

Firstly I would like to say that this is my first ever post so please be kind!!!!

I got home from work last night excited that after the rubbish performance the previous weekend the welsh squad would come out and play with so my pride and fire in their belly's that we would absolutely destroy the Samoans and win by a large margin, how wrong was I.
I don't mind seeing wales loose to a better team if all the players leave the field knowing that they could not have given anymore but that is just not happening at the moment, no one is playing with any pride which as a long time Welsh support is painfully to watch and harder to understand.

So the question is what do you want to see from the Welsh squad this week?

1. I do not want to see and interview from players or management making excusses, they should be all two busy actually doing some training. When I say training I mean old fashion ball in hand running at opposition, sweat, bloods and tears type training.
2. A old fashion captains run that the whole squad have to take part in through the streets of Cardiff to help the players re-connect with the supporters and to let the players see/hear how much rugby means to the man on the street.
3. The WRU to come out and explain what actions they are going to take following the Price water cooper report and if they are not acting on it to explain why waste money on the report in the first place.
4. Saturday to see a pasonate display by what ever team is picked with every player putting his body on the line for the red shirt of Wales in front of a packed stadium with every fan sing their heart out to recreation the lengenary atmospheres of the old arms park.

Beefy

Back to top Go down

What would you like to see the Welsh Squad doing this week? Empty Re: What would you like to see the Welsh Squad doing this week?

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 17 Nov - 9:19

Might I suggest that rather than sitting about in fridges, they consider doing a bit of sprint and stamina training.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

What would you like to see the Welsh Squad doing this week? Empty Re: What would you like to see the Welsh Squad doing this week?

Post by Biltong Sat 17 Nov - 9:21

Beefy, removed the duplicate thread, thumbsup
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 17 Nov - 9:29

How about going round individually to all the poor souls (me included) and apologies for two of the most inept performances I have seen for a long time then refund the money.

I wonder how far I would get suing them under the trade description act.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Impossible Standards Sat 17 Nov - 9:59

Might I suggest that rather than sitting about in fridges, they consider doing a bit of sprint and stamina training.

They did look lethargic but to be honest I would have them actually pick up a rugby ball and re-learn how to run support lines and offloading skills.

I laughed at the TV adverts Wales produced to promote this series, something like Wales Training Our Way! George north was carrying a log, halfpenny was running by a horse on a beach and useless... sorry priestland was kicking a ball over a viaduct. (the only thing he could accurately do). First thing I thought was where is the rugby training!!!!!
Impossible Standards
Impossible Standards

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerLewis Sat 17 Nov - 10:19

Nothing about the performance was NATURAL.

Natural rugby skills have been coached out in place of robotic slow plays.

These players made natural play successful.

Shane Williams
Henson
Martyn Williams
Dwayne Peel
Kevin Morgan
James Hook
Rhys Williams
Michael Owen

Kinda explains the first two grandslams. The most recent grandslam win baffles me. I guess we just did the basics right in the spring and the big players were actually effective

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Sat 17 Nov - 10:24

Have a few pints steal a golf buggy and have some fun.

Because if they dwell on this result going into the All Blacks game then they will get hammered.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sat 17 Nov - 10:32

RogerLewis wrote: Natural rugby skills have been coached out in place of robotic slow plays.

It seems clear that there is no emphasis on basic skills in training. Because even at regional level a lot of our players do not exhibit high levels of basic skills. Sometimes I think the players at younger levels are selected on their physical skills and coaches believe they can create players. You can’t coach talent.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Sat 17 Nov - 10:50

I remember an article during this years 6n which said that Wales' success was down to their back line being large 6'1 16st monsters a piece bar halfpenny.

Personally I think that's why they have come unstuck. They have sacrificed skill over size and its beginning to show. Teams have now worked out guys like cuthbert, north and Roberts.... They offer precious little other than in your face rugby which against the top sides is not enough.... And you will always lose the collisions to teams like Samoa.... No one bests them... Perhaps only the boks can do that.

The pivot priestland reminds me of Charlie Hodgson... Great talent but doesn't have the mental strength to make it at the top level.... He himself was always more talented then jonny but jonny had the crucial gifts all great sportsman possess, courage, belief in their own abilities and never accepted second best.

I just wonder how long Wales will stick with priestland... England gave Hodgson 40 odd caps and to the day he retired people always said, oh but he has so much talent. .... But we all know too well, talent on its own is not enough.

They should spend less time in the gym (they're big enough), less time in Poland and more time on the park.

Big danger vs. NZ they will come full guns blazing and are the one side in world rugby who never takes their foot off the gas... Other teams relax once. They're ahead... The ABs tend to drive home the win.

Wales need to have a big look at themselves... Just like ENG did in 07 after they lost 36-0 to SA in the rwc pool stages. No more talk of lions tours, no more talk of wanting to be the rwc winners in 2015... They have to get hungry again (gethin Jenkins apart... He looks like he's enjoying French cuisine a little too much).

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down