The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rabo PRO12 (Round 7): Ulster (away) v Dragons at Rodney Parade Friday 26th October

+30
doctornickolas
Pot Hale
sheephead
glamorganalun
LeinsterFan4life
asoreleftshoulder
Morgannwg
thebluesmancometh
maestegmafia
Hookisms and Hyperbole
Rory_Gallagher
Don Alfonso
Stone Motif
youngguns6
WillyGilly
Jenifer McLadyboy
The Great Aukster
red_stag
Cari
Standulstermen
Artful_Dodger
MrsP
Notch
bedfordwelsh
Kingshu
rodders
SecretFly
clivemcl
Luckless Pedestrian
Rava
34 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Rabo PRO12 (Round 7): Ulster (away) v Dragons at Rodney Parade Friday 26th October Empty Rabo PRO12 (Round 7): Ulster (away) v Dragons at Rodney Parade Friday 26th October

Post by Rava Tue 23 Oct 2012, 1:01 pm

Roger Wilson and Declan Fitzpatrick have been named in the extended Ulster squad for Friday's RaboDirect PRO12 game against Dragons at Rodney Parade (kick off 7.05pm).

It is the first time Wilson has been named in a preliminary squad since his return to Ulster, having suffered a hamstring tear playing for Northampton Saints at the end of last season. The number 8 has enjoyed impressive outings for the Ravens in recent weeks and scored two tries in Sunday’s loss to Bristol.
Fitzpatrick had suffered a reoccurrence of a medial ligament injury prior to the Connacht match earlier this month but has undertaken full training over the past week and will be hopeful of getting much needed game time.

Stephen Ferris has been included after missing the last two games with a back injury, while flyhalf Niall O’Connor has also been added to the panel.

Johann Muller has been ruled out for eight weeks after sustaining a thumb injury in Friday’s Heineken Cup win over Glasgow. Ireland international back row Chris Henry will captain the side in Muller’s absence.

Ulster continue to set the pace at the top of the PRO12 table, and still possess a 100% winning record in all competitions this season. The Ulstermen have won five of their last six fixtures with Welsh regions and have been victorious on their two visits to Wales so far this campaign.

Dragons’ only win in their last seven matches in all competitions was 32-12 at home to Edinburgh in round five of the league. The Welsh outfit have an even worse record against Irish provinces, winning just one of their last 14 encounters. That success did come over Ulster though, just over 12 months ago when they registered a 22-9 win at Rodney Parade. The Ulstermen have managed only one victory at Rodney Parade since 2006.

ULSTER SQUAD TO FACE DRAGONS, RABODIRECT PRO12, FRI 26TH OCTOBER, RODNEY PARADE (7.05PM):

FORWARDS (15):

Rory Best, Nigel Brady, Tom Court, Callum Black, Declan Fitzpatrick, Adam Macklin, John Afoa, Lewis Stevenson, Dan Tuohy, Iain Henderson, Stephen Ferris, Mike McComish, Chris Henry (capt), Nick Williams, Roger Wilson.

BACKS (11):

Paul Marshall, Ruan Pienaar, Niall O’Connor, Paddy Jackson, Paddy Wallace, Luke Marshall, Darren Cave, Andrew Trimble, Tommy Bowe, Craig Gilroy, Jared Payne.

Dragons team to face Ulster:

Tom Prydie, Will Harries, Adam Hughes, Andy Tuilagi, Tonderai Chavhanga, Lewis Robling, Jonathan Evans, Owen Evans, Steve Jones (c), Nathan Buck, Adam Jones, Rob Sidoli, Tom Brown, Jevon Groves, Toby Faletau.

Replacements;
Sam Parry, Nathan Williams, Dan Way, Ian Nimmo, Nic Cudd, Liam Davies, Steffan Jones, Pat Leach.

Last edited by Rava on Fri 26 Oct 2012, 12:12 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Dragons team added)
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Rabo PRO12 (Round 7): Ulster (away) v Dragons at Rodney Parade Friday 26th October Empty Re: Rabo PRO12 (Round 7): Ulster (away) v Dragons at Rodney Parade Friday 26th October

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 23 Oct 2012, 1:10 pm

No squad announcement on the Dragons website yet. But there is this:

'Fans will get to see Dragons players showing their sporting prowess as they join Darts Pro’s, Darryl Fitton and Tony O’Shea in the first Dartwars event at Rodney Parade on 22nd November.

The event, taking place in the Rodney Hall will see Dragons captain Lewis Evans joined by teammates Pat Leach, Ashley Smith, Mike Poole and Tim Ryan as they take on the professionals in the tournament. The event will have full video projection around the hall so nobody will miss a second of the action.

Tickets for the event are available for just £8 and with the bar open until midnight, it promises to be a great night.'

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Rabo PRO12 (Round 7): Ulster (away) v Dragons at Rodney Parade Friday 26th October Empty Re: Rabo PRO12 (Round 7): Ulster (away) v Dragons at Rodney Parade Friday 26th October

Post by clivemcl Tue 23 Oct 2012, 1:14 pm

I'd like to see some players rested and others given game time for this one.

Stevenson / McComb , Henderson remaining , Wilson, P. Marshall, L. Marshall, Gilroy to start. Perhaps Diack/Doyle too but we can't change too many all in one go. Plenty of players deserve more gametime though, and plenty deserve a rest.

Also, the great thing is the above mentioned don't even weaken the team much at all!

Also, Cave has played every game so far pretty much. Perhaps theres a call for Payne to try it at 13 and Darcy to get a game at full back?

I miss D'Arcy!

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 23 Oct 2012, 1:17 pm

Clive, the squad that is announced does not include Diack, Doyle or D'Arcy.

Anscombe must have a thing about players whose names begin with D Wink

Actually D'Arcy missed the weekend Ravens game due to injury. He was to have played on the wing.

Last edited by Rava on Tue 23 Oct 2012, 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling corrections)
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Tue 23 Oct 2012, 1:21 pm

Ha! That was pretty dumbass of me there!

Seems strange that Anscombe rates McComish ahead of Diack. I assume Diack is fit, he played the full 80 for the Ravens.

Poor D'Arcy!

Still think we need to rest Cave at some point! Who in that squad would see him rested? Payne / Bowe / Marshall?

I don't reckon he's getting a rest!

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 23 Oct 2012, 1:22 pm

clivemcl wrote:

I miss D'Arcy!

Now, there's a line you don't often read in Irish rugby circles!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Tue 23 Oct 2012, 1:26 pm

SecretFly wrote:
clivemcl wrote:

I miss D'Arcy!

Now, there's a line you don't often read in Irish rugby circles!

Not that one, he's a *****

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 23 Oct 2012, 1:26 pm

Hopefully Luke Marshall and Craig Gilroy will get a start. Both have been in great form, when used, and hopefully will get an opportunity to remind Anscombe (and Kidders) what they can do here.

Good to see Wilson back. I'd be inclined to start with Williams and give Wilson 30 from the bench though. Williams looks like a guy who needs a regular calorie burn rather than a rest.

Would like to see Fitzpatrick start at TH too and Henderson get 25min in the second row.

5 points please.

SUFTUM.

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Tue 23 Oct 2012, 1:26 pm

Only joking! he's a very talented player. Just not Irelands answer anymore. No offense Gordon!

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Tue 23 Oct 2012, 1:31 pm

I though D'arcy played explains his name not being there, Think that payne will need a rest soon and D'arcy will get a game, next one home against Edinburgh I expect Darcy will start at Fullback.

Anyway, Rodney Parade a tough play to visit, but I think we'll be favourites and expecting a Win, think Dragons fans will be thinking the same. However a Dragons win would not be a surprise, lets wait for team sheets and see who strong a team Dragons are putting out.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 23 Oct 2012, 1:38 pm

They way Edwards is messing things up at the moment down at Dave we have one hope and one hope only to avoid a tonking in this game.

That hope is that Ulster decide to rotate/rest a lot of players after the HC weekends.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 23 Oct 2012, 1:45 pm

(1-8)
Tom Court, Rory Best, John Afoa,
Lewis Stevenson, Dan Tuohy,
Stephen Ferris, Chris Henry (capt), Nick Williams

(9-15)
Paul Marshall, Niall O’Connor, Andrew Trimble, Luke Marshall, Tommy Bowe, Craig Gilroy, Jared Payne.

(Replacements)
Nigel Brady, Callum Black, Declan Fitzpatrick, Iain Henderson, Roger Wilson, Ruan Pienaar, Paddy Jackson, Darren Cave,

Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 23 Oct 2012, 1:47 pm

Here we go:

Newport Gwent Dragons Squad against Ulster

Forwards;
Tom Prydie, Tonderai Chavhanga, Hallam Amos, Will Harries, Adam Hughes, Andy Tuilagi, Ashley Smith, Pat Leach, Lewis Robling, Steffan Jones, Jonathan Evans, Liam Davies

Backs;
Jevon Groves, Tom Brown, Toby Faletau, Lewis Evans, Nic Cudd, Rob Sidoli, Ian Nimmo, Adam Jones, Dan Way, Nathan Buck, Owen Evans, Phil Price, Nathan Williams, Steve Jones, Sam Parry.

Yes, that's right, they've got the forwards and the backs mixed up. More great quality journalism. picard

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 23 Oct 2012, 2:05 pm

OP Updated Luckless, and forwards/backs sorted.

One thing Ulster can be sure of is this Dragons squad won't lie down. I saw the last few minutes of the Amlin Cup game at the weekend and they fought to the very end away to Bayonne.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 23 Oct 2012, 2:19 pm

Rava wrote:OP Updated Luckless, and forwards/backs sorted.

One thing Ulster can be sure of is this Dragons squad won't lie down. I saw the last few minutes of the Amlin Cup game at the weekend and they fought to the very end away to Bayonne.

Rava,

You're right we don't give up but a lot of if not all the time its after the damage has been done, more making the scoreboard look respectable than being in there actually fighting for the points.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 23 Oct 2012, 2:24 pm

If we were the first side to beat Ulster this season, it would be a huge fillip for us. I hope to see it happening, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Tue 23 Oct 2012, 2:31 pm

Ulster will lose the wining run at some stage and Terviso beat us in Ravenhill last year, so anything can happen.

Wouldn't discount Dragons, but have to be honest and say I expect a win, but wouldn't be surprised if Dragons won, just a little disappointed.

Should we turn our thoughts to being like the Arsenal Inviceables and go though the league season unbeaten?? That is Dreamland that is.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Tue 23 Oct 2012, 2:37 pm

If we are going to lose, please let it be any time as long as its not the 7th or 15th of December!!!!

Heck I'll even lose to Zebre if it means we are back to winning ways by then!

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Tue 23 Oct 2012, 2:38 pm

Actually add the 21st December to that list!!!!!

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 23 Oct 2012, 2:43 pm

Think you summed it up with 'Dreamland' Kingshu! I just want us to win this game. And the one after it. And so on. How quickly we forget how we struggled in fixtures like this in the past, how we couldn't buy a win in Wales for years! Dragons are a proud team. A tough team with a loud home support. No room for arrogance or complacency but we do have momentum behind us here. I'm still waiting for this team to really cut loose and show us what they can do. That might come at Ravenhill as opposed to on the road.

Clive- I would say Diack is considered a 6/8 whereas McComish is considered a 7. So not necessarily in direct competition.

I'd like to see this side take the field;

1. Callum Black
2. Rory Best
3. John Afoa
4. Lewis Stevenson
5. Dan Tuohy
6. Stephen Ferris
7. Chris Henry (c)
8. Roger Wilson
9. Paul Marshall
10. Paddy Jackson
11. Craig Gilroy
12. Luke Marshall
13. Darren Cave
14. Tommy Bowe
15. Jared Payne

16. Nigel Brady 17. Tom Court 18. Declan Fitzpatrick 19. Iain Henderson 20. Nick Williams 21. Ruan Pienaar 22. Paddy Wallace 23. Andrew Trimble

A bit like the Ospreys game, its going to be about stepping up a gear in the last half an hour with some impressive impact players on the bench.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 23 Oct 2012, 2:58 pm

To be honest we can't really put out a bad side from that. Adam Macklin and Niall O'Connor are the only weaker members of that extended squad, even McComish has acquitted himself well. It'll be a very good team that takes the pitch. And Macklin and O'Connor are capable of being solid.

Actually do hope Macklin kicks on with his scrummaging this year. We can't play Afoa in 30 games.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Tue 23 Oct 2012, 3:12 pm

I'm just dreaming Notch, I expect it to be tough esp when you consider the fact
The Ulstermen have managed only one victory at Rodney Parade since 2006.

Not an easy place to go, but there are few easy places to go left in the Pro12 Zebre at home would be the only ones.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 23 Oct 2012, 3:21 pm

Kingshu wrote:I'm just dreaming Notch, I expect it to be tough esp when you consider the fact
The Ulstermen have managed only one victory at Rodney Parade since 2006.

Not an easy place to go, but there are few easy places to go left in the Pro12 Zebre at home would be the only ones.

There you go! There are no easy away trips, true. But there are also no sides I fear as an Ulster fan. I always believe we can be beaten, but I'm yet to see the side I don't believe we can beat home or away this season- at least in the Pro12. And I certainly believe 8 out of 8 is realistic and obtainable here.

Last edited by Notch on Tue 23 Oct 2012, 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 23 Oct 2012, 3:36 pm

[quote="Notch"]Think you summed it up with 'Dreamland' Kingshu! I just want us to win this game. And the one after it. And so on. How quickly we forget how we struggled in fixtures like this in the past, how we couldn't buy a win in Wales for years! Dragons are a proud team. A tough team with a loud home support. No room for arrogance or complacency but we do have momentum behind us here. I'm still waiting for this team to really cut loose and show us what they can do. That might come at Ravenhill as opposed to on the road.

They may be loud but they will be singing SUFTUM!!!!!

Okay, so they change the words around a little but it's still OUR song!!!

Very Happy

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 23 Oct 2012, 3:58 pm

So then we just ignore the words and listen for the tune, seemples Very Happy Plus their No. 1 fan (who always gets his mug on TV) has been sent to Kenya to discuss the virtues of the topmost leaves of tall trees with the local giraffe population.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 23 Oct 2012, 4:20 pm

Rava wrote:(1-8)

(9-15)
Paul Marshall, Niall O’Connor, Andrew Trimble, Luke Marshall, Tommy Bowe, Craig Gilroy, Jared Payne.

(Replacements)
Nigel Brady, Callum Black, Declan Fitzpatrick, Iain Henderson, Roger Wilson, Ruan Pienaar, Paddy Jackson, Darren Cave,

Well by Jeebus ask and thy shall recieve! Very Happy

Great minds do indeed think alike I suppose. I'll let Ancombe off over Fitzpatrick (and O'Connor), since he's played his ace in the hole and picked the chosen one in the centre .... Whistle

SUFTUM.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 23 Oct 2012, 4:28 pm

rodders wrote:
Rava wrote:(1-8)

(9-15)

(Replacements)

Well by Jeebus ask and thy shall recieve! Very Happy

Great minds do indeed think alike I suppose. I'll let Ancombe off over Fitzpatrick (and O'Connor), since he's played his ace in the hole and picked the chosen one in the centre .... Whistle

SUFTUM.

I think that is Rava's preferred team.

Anscombe's choice hasn't been announced yet although I'm sure he will follow Rava's advice!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 23 Oct 2012, 4:33 pm

Doh steam

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 23 Oct 2012, 5:07 pm

Guys who have played a lot of rugby so far include John Afoa, Paddy Jackson, Jared Payne and Darren Cave. Be interesting to see how we rotate in those positions ove the next month or so.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Tue 23 Oct 2012, 5:15 pm

For Jackson I hope its Pienaar at 10 very occasionally as O'Connor is not a good option and it would give Marshall game time.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 23 Oct 2012, 6:51 pm

Dodger, all I can say to that is if we completely ignore NOC and not allow him any time to play in the team, when a situation arises where he is the only choice then we will be firing loads of pressure on the lad.
I think it is vital that we keep him involved whenever possible.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 23 Oct 2012, 6:56 pm

rodders wrote: Doh steam

Gotcha guinness
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 23 Oct 2012, 6:59 pm

Barsteward...I thought Xmas had come early there Smile guinness
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 23 Oct 2012, 7:12 pm

Rava wrote:Dodger, all I can say to that is if we completely ignore NOC and not allow him any time to play in the team, when a situation arises where he is the only choice then we will be firing loads of pressure on the lad.

He may well come back into the reckoning this week. He's been allowed to have something like 3 Ravens games now plus games for Malone. It makes me uneasy that we could depend on him given how poor he was against the Ospreys, I just hope if he is selected he can turn it around.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 23 Oct 2012, 7:18 pm

Notch wrote:
Rava wrote:Dodger, all I can say to that is if we completely ignore NOC and not allow him any time to play in the team, when a situation arises where he is the only choice then we will be firing loads of pressure on the lad.

He may well come back into the reckoning this week. He's been allowed to have something like 3 Ravens games now plus games for Malone. It makes me uneasy that we could depend on him given how poor he was against the Ospreys, I just hope if he is selected he can turn it around.

But thats my point. Unless we do select him we won't know. We can speculate and there will always be those that don't want him near the team (Scotty Wink ) but he needs to get exposure. Where better. No disrespect but away to Dragons wouldn't be a massive pressure situation.

Just my view. guinness
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 23 Oct 2012, 7:27 pm

There's no point having a guy on the books if the coaches don't have the confidence of him taking the field. Clearly Jackson is first choice (and doing superbly) and Pienaar is the favoured back up but if O'Connor isn't deemed good enough to do a job in an Ulster shirt then he shouldn't have been brought back from Connacht.

I think he's been decent enough with the ball in hand when he's played. If Pienaar can take the place kicks then we should be ok.

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 23 Oct 2012, 7:48 pm

Didn't NOC actually start on the bench for the Ravens last week?

In fact I think he came on for Michael Allen although I'm not sure if they re-gigged the back line to play him at OH. Stuart Olding started at 10.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 23 Oct 2012, 7:48 pm

Leave Connacht alone for God's sake! Poor divils are getting in the neck on just about every thread this week.

On the issue of a player needing actual time to prove he's a fraud, I agree with rodders and others. You gotta risk at the right times in Pro12.... and you have to risk to actually teach too. Nobody learns from their mistakes if they're not allowed time enough to make any.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 23 Oct 2012, 7:56 pm

SecretFly wrote:Leave Connacht alone for God's sake! Poor divils are getting in the neck on just about every thread this week.

On the issue of a player needing actual time to prove he's a fraud, I agree with rodders and others. You gotta risk at the right times in Pro12.... and you have to risk to actually teach too. Nobody learns from their mistakes if they're not allowed time enough to make any.

I agree Fly. Equally you do his confidence no good if you continually ignore him after what is perceived to be a poor performance, unless you have no intention of ever using him. If that's the case then he should be ditched and someone like Olding given some cameos off the bench to see if he will cut it.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Tue 23 Oct 2012, 8:14 pm

My team would be

Black, herring, Afoa/ fitz (half each), Stevenson, Tuohy, Ferris, Henry, Wilson, Marshall, Wallace, Gilroy, Marshall, Cave, Bowe, Payne (off at half time if possible)

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 23 Oct 2012, 9:02 pm

Rabo PRO12 (Round 7): Ulster (away) v Dragons at Rodney Parade Friday 26th October 1347041234

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Tue 23 Oct 2012, 9:06 pm

Standulstermen wrote:My team would be

Black, herring, Afoa/ fitz (half each), Stevenson, Tuohy, Ferris, Henry, Wilson, Marshall, Wallace, Gilroy, Marshall, Cave, Bowe, Payne (off at half time if possible)

Wallace at 10 is interesting, forgot he was an option there aside from Jackson, Pienaar and .... O'Connor.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 23 Oct 2012, 9:41 pm

Cough cough... Luke Marshall...cough cough...
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 23 Oct 2012, 9:43 pm

rodders wrote:Cough cough... Luke Marshall...cough cough...

Spoiler:
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Tue 23 Oct 2012, 9:44 pm

rodders wrote:Cough cough... Luke Marshall...cough cough...

At 12 rodders

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 23 Oct 2012, 9:49 pm

Thanks Rava, had a frog in my throat there.... of course stand, at 12....what did you think I meant...... Whistle
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 23 Oct 2012, 11:37 pm

Rava wrote:
Notch wrote:

But thats my point. Unless we do select him we won't know. We can speculate and there will always be those that don't want him near the team (Scotty Wink ) but he needs to get exposure. Where better. No disrespect but away to Dragons wouldn't be a massive pressure situation.

Just my view. guinness

Indeed, there's a lot of merit in it. He's here, he's on the books- he may well be required to play. I certainly appreciate that. Like I said before, my worry is not about his ability. Its whats going on in his head when he pulls on that white 10 shirt that worries me. In his Ulster career, he's never looked confident in his ability or his decision making. Maybe thats because he was thrown into a losing team to try and replace an Ulster legend in the most pivotal position on the pitch in many ways. I don't know.

A 10 with no confidence is not great ands that why a succession of coaches have backed him as much as they could I think, to boost his confidence. I hope that a few good outings for Malone and in the Ravens will have rebuilt his confidence enough, but next time he pulls on that shirt is really make or break. And thats where I disagree; the pressure on him to deliver for Ulster now is immense. Every disappointing performance ratchets it up a notch because its in the papers, its on the blogs, its on the terraces... you need to be very mentally strong to deal with that. I'm not convinced he has dealt with that in the past.

I'm nit disagreeing with you. If not in this match he should start against Edinburgh or Zebre. I just kind of wish for him he had gone to a different side where he could have a clean slate.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Wed 24 Oct 2012, 9:29 am

Considering how Ulster are doing this season, and how theres a lot of talk (mostly in jest) about where we rank now in terms of the provinces, and most Leinster fans refusing to accept we are yet a threat. Theres nothing I want more than to beat Leinster in December. As I'm sure my fellow Ulster fans concur.

In saying that, it would be a ridiculous feat to go 15 games unbeaten. The two games before that are Northampton. Which are more important wins in my head, but perhaps not in the heart!

With that in mind, we will most likely stumble at some point (and hopefully regain form for these three).

I'd happily drop points to one of Dragons/Zebre/Edinburgh/Treviso/Scarlets. But then again, if the boys want to do 15 games unbeaten, then I'm ok with that too...

SUFTUM!

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 24 Oct 2012, 9:38 am

clivemcl wrote:Considering how Ulster are doing this season, and how theres a lot of talk (mostly in jest) about where we rank now in terms of the provinces, and most Leinster fans refusing to accept we are yet a threat. Theres nothing I want more than to beat Leinster in December. As I'm sure my fellow Ulster fans concur.

Well if truth be told, given the choice, I'd probably be inclined to let that one slide if it meant doing the Heino and Rabo double in May..... but beating Leinster would be nice too I suppose Wink

Seriously though although beating Leinster would be great in terms of bragging rights and League points, and I believe we will beat them at Ravenhill, by far the most important games in my opinion are the double header with Saints - for heart and head.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed 24 Oct 2012, 9:43 am

Clive,

What is all the talk of 15 games?

Why 15?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next