The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heineken Cup Round 2: Glasgow Warriors vs Ulster Rugby, Friday 19th October 8.00p.m. Scotstoun Stadium

+40
doctor_grey
TJ1
Imperialbigdave
mckay1402
GLove39
Morgannwg
LordDowlais
bsando
LeinsterFan4life
Artful_Dodger
rodders
Rory_Gallagher
Dorothy_Mantooth
jimbopip
Captain_Sensible
red_stag
Pat_Mustard
Manky-Flanker
Hookisms and Hyperbole
clivemcl
funnyExiledScot
The Great Aukster
Standulstermen
EST
sensisball
Cari
MrsP
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
thebandwagonsociety
21st Century Schizoid Man
Scot Abroad
Notch
Don Alfonso
Rava
George Carlin
toml
RuggerRadge2611
Kingshu
BelfastDickVet
UlstermaninGlasgow
44 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Heineken Cup Round 2: Glasgow Warriors vs Ulster Rugby, Friday 19th October 8.00p.m. Scotstoun Stadium Empty Heineken Cup Round 2: Glasgow Warriors vs Ulster Rugby, Friday 19th October 8.00p.m. Scotstoun Stadium

Post by UlstermaninGlasgow Mon 15 Oct 2012, 9:38 pm

So Glasgow Warriors open their home account in the Heineken Cup at their new home, Scotstoun, against the form team in Europe, Ulster Rugby.

Will the injuries suffered in their opening matches of the season be too much for them or will the steely defense that served them well all last season and much of the game against Saints prevail?

Or will the much vaunted and dangerous team that Ulster have been slowly evolving into over the past few years be too much for the Glasgow outfit.

Team news and pre-match build up to follow but it already seems like this could be one of the top encounters of the weekend with Scotstoun close to a sellout 10,000....

GLASGOW TEAM

15 Stuart Hogg
14 Byron McGuigan
13 Peter Murchie
12 Peter Horne
11 Alex Dunbar
10 Ruaridh Jackson
9 Henry Pyrgos

1 Ryan Grant
2 Dougie Hall
3 Mike Cusack
4 Tom Ryder
5 Al Kellock (CAPTAIN)
6 Josh Strauss
7 Chris Fusaro
8 Ryan Wilson

SUBSTITUTES 16 Finlay Gillies 17 Ofa Fainga’anuku 18 Gordon Reid 19 Tim Swinson 20 Rob Harley 21 John Barclay 22 Scott Wight 23 Niko Matawalu

ULSTER TEAM

(15-9): J Payne; T Bowe, D Cave, P Wallace, A Trimble; P Jackson, R Pienaar;

(1-8): T Court, R Best, J Afoa, J Muller (c), D Tuohy, I Henderson, C Henry, N Williams;

Replacements (16-23): R Herring, C Black, A Macklin, L Stevenson, M McComish, P Marshall, L Marshall, C Gilroy.

Last edited by UlstermaninGlasgow on Thu 18 Oct 2012, 5:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
UlstermaninGlasgow
UlstermaninGlasgow

Back to top Go down

Heineken Cup Round 2: Glasgow Warriors vs Ulster Rugby, Friday 19th October 8.00p.m. Scotstoun Stadium Empty Re: Heineken Cup Round 2: Glasgow Warriors vs Ulster Rugby, Friday 19th October 8.00p.m. Scotstoun Stadium

Post by BelfastDickVet Mon 15 Oct 2012, 10:46 pm

Ulsterman I am traveling across from Edinburgh, what's the parking like round the stadium, is there anywhere you could recommend?

BelfastDickVet

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/rdvcrfc/

Back to top Go down

Heineken Cup Round 2: Glasgow Warriors vs Ulster Rugby, Friday 19th October 8.00p.m. Scotstoun Stadium Empty Re: Heineken Cup Round 2: Glasgow Warriors vs Ulster Rugby, Friday 19th October 8.00p.m. Scotstoun Stadium

Post by UlstermaninGlasgow Mon 15 Oct 2012, 10:56 pm

No parking near the stadium on match days. Residents only.

Best thing would be avail of the 20% discount on fares on the Warriors website and find a space somewhere in the West End. Partick station to Scotstounhill is 5 minutes and then a 5 minute walk to the stadium. Or a 40 minute walk to Scotstoun from Byres Road...

Although you can use the discount to get from Edinburgh if you so fancied!
UlstermaninGlasgow
UlstermaninGlasgow

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Tue 16 Oct 2012, 9:37 am

I thought they would only use the temp stands if they made knock outs.

So what do Glasgow fans think of thier new home, and what will it be like with the temp stands, are Edinburgh fans jealous?

and for Edinburgh fans what happened to having temp stands round a back pitch at murryfield?

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by UlstermaninGlasgow Tue 16 Oct 2012, 9:43 am

They have permission to use them four times for 28 days at a time. Although this isn't the true stands that they had for the 7's. More like a temporary terrace! Still an extra 4000 souls will make a difference!

I think Glasgow were always the project that was going to grow in Scottish Rugby, simply due to the location of the team and how they use the schools and local clubs to such a good effect!

On another note, I've been allowed to use my season pass to get in for free! Can't wait now!
UlstermaninGlasgow
UlstermaninGlasgow

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 16 Oct 2012, 11:06 am

Kingshu wrote:I thought they would only use the temp stands if they made knock outs.

So what do Glasgow fans think of thier new home, and what will it be like with the temp stands, are Edinburgh fans jealous?

and for Edinburgh fans what happened to having temp stands round a back pitch at murryfield?

I can't speak for everyone but yes I am very Jealous. Scotstoun looks superb on the telly and it must be great to have a 10 seater stadium. Mainly because you have a chance of filling it!

RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by toml Tue 16 Oct 2012, 12:30 pm

Pity about the amount of injuries Glasgow have at the moment. Would be a tight game with them at full strength. As long as Ulster play at their recent level they should get the win.

I'd play Pienaar over Marshall (very tough on the wee man) personally, got to put out the strongest side in the Heiney. Hope Henderson gets in the squad... He's gonna make real progress.

toml

Back to top Go down

Post by toml Tue 16 Oct 2012, 12:32 pm

Glasgow importing props to assemble a 23 for the weekend

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19962615

Glasgow Warriors sign Argentine prop German Araoz

Argentine international prop German Araoz has joined Glasgow Warriors on a three-month contract.
The tight-head joins at an opportune time with props Ed Kalman (back), Moray Low (knee) and Jon Welsh (shoulder) and hooker Pat MacArthur (foot) injured.
Head coach Gregor Townsend said: "We're very happy to be bringing on board another international prop."
The 27-year-old, capped by the Pumas this summer, will not be drafted into their Heineken Cup squad at this stage.
"German is a strong scrummager and tackler who will give us an additional option in an area of the team where we have sustained a significant number of injuries," Townsend said.
"[Tonga loose-head] Ofa Fainga'anuku has given us a boost by coming in and hitting the ground running, making an immediate impression, and we're looking forward to working with German to help him do likewise."
The Argentine said: "I'm delighted to have the opportunity to join a major European club like Glasgow Warriors. I've been really impressed by the facilities at Scotstoun, and I can't wait to get out on the training pitch with the rest of the squad to stake a claim for selection."

toml

Back to top Go down

Post by BelfastDickVet Tue 16 Oct 2012, 12:53 pm

He isn't in their European cup squad so he won't be in the 23

BelfastDickVet

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 16 Oct 2012, 12:56 pm

Warriors injury list is probably the worst in the league at present - Chris Cusiter (shoulder), Rob Harley (knee), Ed Kalman (back), Rory Lamont (leg), Moray Low (knee), Pat MacArthur (foot), Angus Macdonald (neck), Graeme Morrison (knee), DTH van der Merwe (hamstring), Jon Welsh (shoulder) and The Meatball (knee).

Worryingly, as far as I know (MDM - do you have any news?) the club haven't yet issued injury updates for Stuart Hogg, Sean Lamont or Ruaridh Jackson, which is usually never a good sign. Seymour has also been cited for a challenge in the Saints match, which doesn't help either.

The only upsides (and dear god, Scottish rugby fans are good at having to look for those) are the ongoing good form of Horne, Dunbar, Pyrgos, Strauss and the Ruck Inspector.

Ulster are a well oiled machine and are essentially playing a full strength side at the moment so I expect them to have too much.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BelfastDickVet Tue 16 Oct 2012, 12:58 pm

Was the Seymour incident that bad? I didn't get to see the match.

BelfastDickVet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 16 Oct 2012, 1:23 pm

Squad announced. No place yet for Roger Wilson. Will probably look to get some time against Dragons in the next League game.

ULSTER RUGBY SQUAD TO PLAY GLASGOW WARRIORS, HEINEKEN CUP POOL 4, FRIDAY 19TH OCTOBER, SCOTSTOUN STADIUM (KICK OFF 8.00PM)

FORWARDS (16):

Rory Best, Rob Herring, Nigel Brady, Callum Black, John Afoa, Tom Court, Adam Macklin, Neil McComb, Dan Tuohy, Lewis Stevenson, Johann Muller, Iain Henderson, Stephen Ferris, Mike McComish, Chris Henry, Nick Williams.

BACKS (12):

Paul Marshall, Ruan Pienaar, Niall O’Connor, Paddy Jackson, Luke Marshall, Paddy Wallace, Darren Cave, Craig Gilroy, Andrew Trimble, Tommy Bowe, Jared Payne.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by BelfastDickVet Tue 16 Oct 2012, 1:34 pm

I reckon the only changes will come in the back row for this one, Henderson and McComish out and ferris and Williams in, Henderson will most likely take the bench spot.

BelfastDickVet

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Alfonso Tue 16 Oct 2012, 1:41 pm

Is Allen not back from injury yet? I thought it was just a wee knock, basically.

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Post by UlstermaninGlasgow Tue 16 Oct 2012, 2:07 pm

The Hogg injury I didn't see due to Bloody Andy Murray and the sky box in Waxy O'Connors not working, but I would put money on him being out.

Lamont was a clash of heads/concussion something to that effect so I'd wait and see what the medical report is.

Jackson may be fit, not sure as to the actual injury but the fact that he made it to half time and played for 10 minutes with the hip injury makes me more confident.
UlstermaninGlasgow
UlstermaninGlasgow

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Tue 16 Oct 2012, 2:07 pm

Intresting Wilson isn't in the squad, as he played 40 minutes or so for the Ravens.

I'd expect
Payne
Bowe Wallace
Cave
Trimble
Jackson
Marshall (can't drop him when he won MOTM)
Court
Best
Afoa
Muller
Tuohy
Ferris
Henry
Willaims

R Herring C Black Macklin, L Stevenson McComish/Henderson R Pienaar C Gilroy L Marshall

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 16 Oct 2012, 2:16 pm

Roger Wilson played 40 minutes against the Welsh outfit, but he will not be rushed back into action with the senior side.

Robbie Diack and Declan Fitzpatrick have returned to training following injuries but will not be considered for this weekend.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by BelfastDickVet Tue 16 Oct 2012, 2:32 pm

Allen is also back to "light" training as well this week.

BelfastDickVet

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 16 Oct 2012, 2:59 pm

I'd start Pienaar, because we saw bringing Pienaar off the bench isn't a game changing move in the same way bringing Marshall off the bench is. Marshall coming on will give tired legs something extra to think about around the fringes.

I'd also start with Nigel Brady and bring Rory Best off the bench in the second half. Thought Best was not yet at his best against Castres, he's not had much gametime so I'm going with another hooker to start and Best will step it up once he only has 30 minutes to play and feels he's playing for his spot. Brady shades it over Herring due to experience.

Ferris and Williams straight into the back row, and maybe rotate Tuohy and Stevenson. Tuohy is another game changer to spring from the bench. Tuohy and Best both fit much better into our offloading game, and thats something we should unleash in the second half. The first half is about hard graft and hard yards, wearing Glasgow down. Thats what Stevenson has been excellent at this season and I thought he was as good or better than Tuohy last week.

1. Tom Court
2. Nigel Brady
3. John Afoa
4. Johann Muller (c)
5. Lewis Stevenson
6. Stephen Ferris
7. Chris Henry
8. Nick Williams
9. Ruan Pienaar
10. Paddy Jackson
11. Andrew Trimble
12. Paddy Wallace
13. Darren Cave
14. Tommy Bowe
15. Jared Payne

16. Rory Best 17. Callum Black 18. Adam Macklin 19. Dan Tuohy 20. Iain Henderson 21. Paul Marshall 22. Luke Marshall 23. Craig Gilroy

I know it would be a bold call to leave out two current first choice Ireland forwards, but imagine the boost it'll give us to see those two and the in-form Paul Marshall making their entrance in the second half.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Scot Abroad Tue 16 Oct 2012, 3:24 pm

BelfastDickVet wrote:Was the Seymour incident that bad? I didn't get to see the match.

I can't even remember it happen during the match. Not sure the commentators made a big deal out of it. Regardless if he's hit with a ban its a minimum 4 weeks. The hearing is on Thursday so that could be us without 3 wingers if Lamont doesn't recover. If it's concussion he won't play this week. Our injury list is growing, which is a pity because we could have made something of this campaign.

Scot Abroad

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Tue 16 Oct 2012, 4:59 pm

This injury list is going from bad to catastrophic. Now Tommy Seymour cited - no-one seems to know what this is about. BTW Poite the Prat should be cited for his usual incompetence and ignorance of the laws. mad

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Tue 16 Oct 2012, 5:20 pm

Ulster stuck in 2 Friday slots for HC games. I like the time to watch the game on the box after a tough week in the office. But it isn't nice for trying to get to the game.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by UlstermaninGlasgow Tue 16 Oct 2012, 6:18 pm

If the injured are confirmed as unable to play and Seymour is banned for his citing then..... Shocked Jesus Glasgow are at bare bones in the backs...

15. Murchie
14. McGuigan
13. Dunbar
12. Horne
11. Matawalu
10 Wight
9. Pyrgos

8. Wilson
7. Barclay
6. Strauss
5. Kellock
4. Ryder/Swinson
3. Cusack
2. Hall
1. Grant

16. Gilles 17. Reid 18. Fainga'anuku 19. Ryder/Swinson 20. Fusaro 21. Kennedy 22. ??? 23. ????

Troy Nathan, Fraser Thompson, Taylor Paris and development players Bruce Dick and Finn Russell not registered for the Heineken Cup
UlstermaninGlasgow
UlstermaninGlasgow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 16 Oct 2012, 6:27 pm

Just seen Ferris on UTV News struggling to get on his feet during a training session Shocked
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 16 Oct 2012, 6:30 pm

Weegies in deep doo-doo - extremely unfortunate

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Scot Abroad Tue 16 Oct 2012, 6:57 pm

UlstermaninGlasgow wrote:If the injured are confirmed as unable to play and Seymour is banned for his citing then..... Shocked Jesus Glasgow are at bare bones in the backs...

15. Murchie
14. McGuigan
13. Dunbar
12. Horne
11. Matawalu
10 Wight
9. Pyrgos

8. Wilson
7. Barclay
6. Strauss
5. Kellock
4. Ryder/Swinson
3. Cusack
2. Hall
1. Grant

16. Gilles 17. Reid 18. Fainga'anuku 19. Ryder/Swinson 20. Fusaro 21. Kennedy 22. ??? 23. ????

Troy Nathan, Fraser Thompson, Taylor Paris and development players Bruce Dick and Finn Russell not registered for the Heineken Cup

Don't worry, I'm sure Toonie will go for the 8-0 forwards/backs split to sort that problem. I gem of a tactic straight out of Robbos Coaching by Dummies handbook

Scot Abroad

Back to top Go down

Post by UlstermaninGlasgow Tue 16 Oct 2012, 7:02 pm

I'm really confused as to why Nathan wasn't originally in the squad for the Heineken Cup. I mean we have 4 hookers in the squad, couldn't one of those spots have been freed up for an extra back, especially as Glasgow must have the most injury prone set of outside backs in world rugby???
UlstermaninGlasgow
UlstermaninGlasgow

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 16 Oct 2012, 7:07 pm

Feeling emboldened by this, but Glasgow are fighting for their lives. One thing about going away to Glasgow is it's always horrible. But now we get to play them on a rugby pitch as opposed to a sand pit so that'll make things easier for visiting teams
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 16 Oct 2012, 7:18 pm

Rava wrote:Just seen Ferris on UTV News struggling to get on his feet during a training session Shocked

Didn't see it Rava but I wonder if that was the clip of Fez from the training session last Thursday? I remember someone saying they had seen him on telly with serious back pain that day?

Hope it was from last week rather than today!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Tue 16 Oct 2012, 7:33 pm

OK maybe we should just up and play this game in the Western Infirmary car park - its only 1/2 mile away after all ! Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 16 Oct 2012, 7:33 pm

So, it's likely my second team (Ulstuurr) will win this one then? I hope so, cause I'm going to the opposing fixture in January. Could get interesting Very Happy

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by UlstermaninGlasgow Tue 16 Oct 2012, 7:46 pm

Having the some would say unique position of being in both camps, support wise, I'm confident but not completely, of an Ulster win.

Glasgow are depleted, sore and hungry for some sort of payback for last week's heroics/falling at the final hurdle. Ulster on the other hand are going from strength to strength and are bolstered week on week as players return from international duty and injury.

If I was a betting man, which I most certainly am not, then I would put money on Ulster by 5-10 points but no bonus points for tries. Scotstoun is no Firhill sandpit but the wind has been a major factor and Friday night looks like it could be a typical Glasgow night so wet and cold.
UlstermaninGlasgow
UlstermaninGlasgow

Back to top Go down

Post by UlstermaninGlasgow Tue 16 Oct 2012, 7:47 pm

By the way who's all coming to the match? Where you sitting/standing?
UlstermaninGlasgow
UlstermaninGlasgow

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 16 Oct 2012, 7:56 pm

Wish I was, but I'll have to wait until January. raspberry

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Tue 16 Oct 2012, 8:06 pm

Main Stand for me UinG ! Yahoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 16 Oct 2012, 8:26 pm

UlstermaninGlasgow wrote:Having the some would say unique position of being in both camps, support wise, I'm confident but not completely, of an Ulster win.

Glasgow are depleted, sore and hungry for some sort of payback for last week's heroics/falling at the final hurdle. Ulster on the other hand are going from strength to strength and are bolstered week on week as players return from international duty and injury.

If I was a betting man, which I most certainly am not, then I would put money on Ulster by 5-10 points but no bonus points for tries. Scotstoun is no Firhill sandpit but the wind has been a major factor and Friday night looks like it could be a typical Glasgow Belfast night so wet and cold.

Ulsterman, how long have you been away from home? Whistle
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Tue 16 Oct 2012, 8:29 pm

Laugh

btw - only 900 tickets left so should be a sell out - they reckon they get 1500 turning up on the night for cash at the gate etc

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Tue 16 Oct 2012, 8:34 pm

Be warned my Ulster brothers that if you look to the North East from Glasgow there is a dusting of snow on the Campsie Fells. It is bitterly cold and wet right now but sleet is forecast - might even things up a tad come Friday. We need all the help we can get right now ! Ok!

Back to top Go down

Post by UlstermaninGlasgow Tue 16 Oct 2012, 9:02 pm

Nearly 5 years now Rava... In fairness, Belfast nights are wet, but nothing compares to the Weegie wind... Freezes the nipples off you!!
UlstermaninGlasgow
UlstermaninGlasgow

Back to top Go down

Post by sensisball Tue 16 Oct 2012, 11:15 pm

Massive injury list combined with a much weaker defence than last season, (Glasgow must be shipping an average of around 20 points a game), and the omens dont look good.

If Jackson doesnt make it will Wight start? He wasnt deemed good enough to make the bench for the last two matched, assuming he is actually match fit!

Without DTH and probably SLAmont and Seymour, Glasgow may have to put Byran McGuigan, who has had one unremarkable game at 13, onto a wing to try to mark Tommy Bowe!
Aftrer a bright start to the match at frankiln's gardens the second half was very one sided once Northamton got the edge up front. I can see the same thing happening this weekend except that Ulster are likely to finish things off even better than the Saints.

The 5 day turnaround also makes it hard to do much apart from get the recovery right.

Unless the weather is appalling i can see a real doing on the cards for the Warriors.

sensisball

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 17 Oct 2012, 6:52 am

Agreed. Not sure why our Ulster brethren are agonising over selection.

Read the above posts - this is the worst injury list in the league - Glasgow are only going to be able to put out a Ladies Second XV, with a young 10 who was playing for Melrose until last season. If you don't take full points here, I think that questions will need to be asked... Erm
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Wed 17 Oct 2012, 8:33 am

Mods, we need a violin playing emoticon Very Happy
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Wed 17 Oct 2012, 8:41 am

Sorted,

Heineken Cup Round 2: Glasgow Warriors vs Ulster Rugby, Friday 19th October 8.00p.m. Scotstoun Stadium Images10

Last edited by Rava on Wed 17 Oct 2012, 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 17 Oct 2012, 8:45 am

Rava wrote:Mods, we need a violin playing emoticon Very Happy
Or perhaps a GIF file of Mitt Romney making a socially inept gaff. There are plenty to choose from.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Wed 17 Oct 2012, 9:22 am

If those injuries from the weekend are confirmed, I can see a real thumping on the cards here. One of the form teams in Europe, with two days extra rest and a full squad to pick from against what could be a mainly 3rd choice backline.

Doooooomed!

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Wed 17 Oct 2012, 9:46 am

Glasgow do appear to be injury hit, its unfortunate as these are normally good games, a wounded beast is dangerous, but I think Ulster now have enough experience to know this and will win.

A winning BP is a bit of an ask away from home, but if possible to get, could be important in this group.

Who's call was it last week to kick a pen instead of a line out?
I can undersatnd if from a mental point of view, a team in down by a points diff in the 20's will put their heads down more than a team in losing by the teens, the 20 mark seams much bigger than 19, mentally.

I think Ulster could be the form team of Europe at present, but can't get overconfenent, Glasgow are dangerous esp at home, no matter what team they are able to field.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed 17 Oct 2012, 9:54 am

I don't know who's call it was but I can say for sure that it was not Davy H's!!!

Did you see the look on his face on the telly?

Thing is, that's 2 weeks in a row we have made that same call. I always thought those calls were made by Johann and I didn't see any obvious instructions from the Touchline at that point.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Wed 17 Oct 2012, 10:06 am

Two days extra rest is massive. You have to feel sorry for glasgow. At least i will so long as we have already the TBP in the bag

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Wed 17 Oct 2012, 10:13 am

Thats what I was thinking Mrs P, that they were made my Johann, but I was thinking that maybe they were called by Mark Anscombe, and was wondering if he knew how important BP's are in the H-cup group stages?

To be fair a lot of cups he's coached in before, maybe winning BP's weren't as important as they are in H-cup? Also I can see the physiological point of view, if they are more than 20 down, more chance of heads dropping and try becomes easier to get. If less than 20 they would still have more fight left and try is harder to get.

However I was with DH on that call.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed 17 Oct 2012, 10:23 am

And, weren't we a man down at that point?

Maybe the thinking was "run down the clock a bit a, take a certain 3 and wait till we are back to full strength to go for the TBP"?

Just very glad it worked out okay in the end.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next