The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arum: Marquez next for Pacquiao.

+25
samevans1
BoxingFan88
bellchees
NoMasDinero
WelshDevilRob
TRUSSMAN66
joeyjojo618
ArchBritishchris
BALTIMORA
Boxtthis
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
wow_junky
Imperial Ghosty
Bob
manos de piedra
HumanWindmill
Rowley
oxring
Valero's Conscience
eddyfightfan
Sugar Boy Sweetie
coxy0001
JDizzle
azania
D4thincarnation
29 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Arum: Marquez next for Pacquiao. - Page 7 Empty Arum: Marquez next for Pacquiao.

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

The Mosley fight still has to play but Arum is already planing Pacquiao's next bout.

The fight will complete an thrilling trilogy, when Juan Manual Marquez step into the ring for a 3rd time.

There first fight was an epic battle Pacquiao knocking down Marquez 3 times in the first round only for Marquez to come back with the help of mistake by one of the judges to claim a draw.

The rematch was 4 years in the waiting but is was worth the wait, a great technical battle, his speed chess, Pacquiao put Marquez down again only the once but much more heavier knockdown that the previous ones.

The fight swayed back and forth and in the end Pacquiao sneaked a SD.

Since then they have both move up the weights, and had some impressive victories so what can we expect from the 3rd and probably final fight from these two greats.

Many of you were calling for this fight, and with Marquez being a free agent it should be easy to negotiate and will probably happen in November.

Pacquiao just has to get through Mosley now and the trilogy can be complete. Yahoo

http://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao-vs-marquez-likely-next-manny-says-arum--38132

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Arum: Marquez next for Pacquiao. - Page 7 Empty Re: Arum: Marquez next for Pacquiao.

Post by HumanWindmill Thu 21 Apr 2011, 12:45 pm

Scottrf wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:We have 9 threads on Groves vs DeGale and it's still a month away but these get merged?

Why should one poster be allowed to keep regurgitating the same nonsense? Do you want to go back to the old days of 606 when we had 5 articles on Pacquiao from the same nuisance each day?
Is true, I just think the moderation is by username not repetitiveness.

I can't speak for azania, who merged this thread, but I can certainly reassure everybody that I attempt to be even handed in moderation.

It's not so easy as you might think, trying to keep the peace, and instead of sniping perhaps it would be better to remember that if everybody played the game the mods wouldn't need to involve themselves at all.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Arum: Marquez next for Pacquiao. - Page 7 Empty Re: Arum: Marquez next for Pacquiao.

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 21 Apr 2011, 12:46 pm

Scottrf wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:We have 9 threads on Groves vs DeGale and it's still a month away but these get merged?

Why should one poster be allowed to keep regurgitating the same nonsense? Do you want to go back to the old days of 606 when we had 5 articles on Pacquiao from the same nuisance each day?

In this instance though each is synonymous with the other.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 21 Apr 2011, 12:46 pm

Scottrf wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:

Don't you know the admins mod this place, they just have Windy, Azania and Oxxy in place to keep me in check censored

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 21 Apr 2011, 12:47 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:It's not so easy as you might think, trying to keep the peace, and instead of sniping perhaps it would be better to remember that if everybody played the game the mods wouldn't need to involve themselves at all.
I don't believe I do anything to break the peace.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Thu 21 Apr 2011, 12:49 pm

Last edited by Sugar Boy Sweetie on Thu 21 Apr 2011, 12:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Apr 2011, 12:49 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:

Don't you know the admins mod this place, they just have Windy, Azania and Oxxy in place to keep me in check censored

If only it were that simple, D4.

We're starting to regret ever mentioning the 'report' button to Coxy! laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Thu 21 Apr 2011, 12:51 pm

D4thincarnation: Jutras was in his 70s at the time his eyesight was failing and is not a judge anymore called it for Marquez.
----------
How do you know his eyesight was failing - are you his bloody optician or something? Seems to me he had perfect vision - maybe not 20/20 but certainly 10-1-1.

Last edited by Sugar Boy Sweetie on Thu 21 Apr 2011, 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 21 Apr 2011, 12:52 pm

Back to my original second question:

The Marquez vs Pacquiao, can anyone really say Marquez outclassed Pacquiao or that he was robbed in that fight, because these are some of the phrases that get banded around, but in reality did that really happen.

If you believe so, explain why you saw it that way.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 21 Apr 2011, 12:55 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:

In this instance though each is synonymous with the other.

Can you back up what you said about this fight. I have provided you with the fight and the scorecards, the punch stats.

Do you really think Marquez was robbed and he outclassed/outboxed Pacquiao?

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Thu 21 Apr 2011, 12:55 pm

People have, about 5000 times. This is about as interesting as creosoting a fence.

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu 21 Apr 2011, 12:56 pm

Scottrf wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:It's not so easy as you might think, trying to keep the peace, and instead of sniping perhaps it would be better to remember that if everybody played the game the mods wouldn't need to involve themselves at all.
I don't believe I do anything to break the peace.

So the comment that ' moderation is by username ' isn't sniping, then ?

I like to discuss boxing, also, but when these spats break out I spend valuable time trying to build bridges and I DO NOT moderate by username.

Period.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 21 Apr 2011, 12:57 pm

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:D4thincarnation: Jutras was in his 70s at the time his eyesight was failing and is not a judge anymore called it for Marquez.
----------
How do you his eyesight was failing - are you his bloody optician or something? Seems to me he had perfect vision - maybe not 20/20 but certainly 10-1-1.

Do you really think that how the rounds went?

Who won the 2nd round?

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 21 Apr 2011, 12:58 pm

You didn't merge it did you? Therefore the comment probably wasn't aimed at you. I think you do a decent job in general. I just want to talk boxing not what some user said in the past.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by wow_junky Thu 21 Apr 2011, 12:59 pm

Coxy,

Those scorecards in the 2nd Pac-Marquez fight are so close it's not exactly highway robbery that Pac got the nod. I think I had it 7-5 Marquez, plus the KD, so 114-113 Marquez, but you could make arguments for plenty of rounds going either way.

wow_junky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Apr 2011, 1:01 pm

Gents,

EVERYONE here has the right to report posts that they feel are either duplicate posts or abusive in any way, shape or form.

It's up to the Admin's OR Moderators to decide whether the report is warranted and then act upon it. In this case, Azania has merged 2 therads and he has mine and the rest of the admins 100% support.

If ANYONE has a problem with this i would much prefer it if you took it up with us privately rather than continually airing things on the boards.

Thanks,

KB

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 21 Apr 2011, 1:03 pm

This is just ridiculous. What happened to that ceasefire? It has to work both ways, and to have someone simply ignoring facts and statistics which don't support their own view is draining me of the will to live. This new criticism of a judge based solely on the man's age is preposterous. I'm sure if that judge had given an anomalous score in favour of Pacquiao we'd be hearing how Judge Jutras was a credit to the sport in providing accurate unbiased scoring throughout a long career.

If nothing else the insinuations about the guy's ability to judge a fight are practically actionable.

Last edited by BALTIMORA on Thu 21 Apr 2011, 1:07 pm; edited 2 times in total

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 21 Apr 2011, 1:03 pm

I simply don't understand how people can go around saying 10-1-1 and that Pacquiao was out boxed and outclassed in this fight.

The myth start by a joke/jibe, it gets used so much that some people believe it and then used it in debate not as a joke/jibe but they really believe in it.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 21 Apr 2011, 1:06 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:This is just ridiculous. What happened to that ceasefire? It has to work both ways, and to have someone simply ignoring facts and statistics which don't support their own view is draining me of the will to live. This new criticism of a judge based solely on the man's age is preposterous. I'm sure if that judge had given an anomalous score in favour of Pacquiao we'd be hearing how Judge Jutras was a credit to the sport in providing accurate unbiased scoring throughout a long career.

If nothing else the insinuations about the guy's ability to judge a fight is practically actionable.

I sense a Andy Gray moment Whistle

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 21 Apr 2011, 1:10 pm

wow_junky wrote:Coxy,

Those scorecards in the 2nd Pac-Marquez fight are so close it's not exactly highway robbery that Pac got the nod. I think I had it 7-5 Marquez, plus the KD, so 114-113 Marquez, but you could make arguments for plenty of rounds going either way.

Unfortunately coxy and other have nothing to back up their claim that Marquez was robbed in the first fight and that he out boxed and out classed Pacquiao, thats why this is a boxing myth.

And my only intention was to dispel this myth show the facts give people an opportunity to watch the fight again and see that this was a close fight and if anyone won it, it was Pacquiao.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 21 Apr 2011, 1:12 pm

I decided to merge the threads for the simple reason being that it was a continuation of this thread. Proves I was correct as it is now flowing smoothly.

Carry on bickering lads. randy

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 21 Apr 2011, 1:14 pm

azania wrote:I decided to merge the threads for the simple reason being that it was a continuation of this thread. Proves I was correct as it is now flowing smoothly.

Carry on bickering lads. randy

Have you seen the fight?

What rounds did you give to Marquez?

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 21 Apr 2011, 1:26 pm

I get disturbed by the humping smilie.

Seriously, i'm gonna have nightmares about 1 giant yellow blob getting smashed senseless from behind by another yellow blob.

"Unfortunately coxy and other have nothing to back up their claim that Marquez was robbed in the first fight"

Erm, one judge scored it even (which means Marquez won more rounds from round 2 onwards) and one scored it for Marquez which means he pretty much won every round.

The proof and point is backed up by that. And i can't find the press row scores due to vigirously knocking one out about a long weekend.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 21 Apr 2011, 1:28 pm

coxy0001 wrote:I get disturbed by the humping smilie.

Seriously, i'm gonna have nightmares about 1 giant yellow blob getting smashed senseless from behind by another yellow blob.

"Unfortunately coxy and other have nothing to back up their claim that Marquez was robbed in the first fight"

Erm, one judge scored it even (which means Marquez won more rounds from round 2 onwards) and one scored it for Marquez which means he pretty much won every round.

The proof and point is backed up by that. And i can't find the press row scores due to vigirously knocking one out about a long weekend.

That judge made a mistake and he should have scored the fight for Pacquiao.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 21 Apr 2011, 1:32 pm

Both of them?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Apr 2011, 1:47 pm

Gents,

Two more points....

1) Don't diss the hump smiley.

2) Marquez > Pacquiao.

Thanks,

KB

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 21 Apr 2011, 1:50 pm

If i have to go see a sleep doctor i'm sending you the bill!! Wink

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 21 Apr 2011, 1:52 pm

King Beer wrote:Gents,

Two more points....

2) Marquez > Pacquiao.

Thanks,

KB

Oh Christ, it would appear that Windy is the only moderator with half a clue about boxing here.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Apr 2011, 1:55 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:
King Beer wrote:Gents,

Two more points....

2) Marquez > Pacquiao.

Thanks,

KB

Oh Christ, it would appear that Windy is the only moderator with half a clue about boxing here.

And probably the only one who can read sarcasm! laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 21 Apr 2011, 1:59 pm

Phew, I certainly hope it was sarcasm, KB Shocked

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Thu 21 Apr 2011, 2:16 pm

Only Point 2 was sarcasm.

Point 1 we are deadly serious about...

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 21 Apr 2011, 2:22 pm

I love that smiley, so I'm cool with that ;-)

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 21 Apr 2011, 2:23 pm

I'm a bit worried about it's use between red blooded males on a boxing forum....

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Thu 21 Apr 2011, 2:24 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:I love that smiley, so I'm cool with that ;-)

Good man! randy

David Tails

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Thu 21 Apr 2011, 2:24 pm

coxy0001 wrote:I'm a bit worried about it's use between red blooded males on a boxing forum....

No need to feel insecure Coxy....
C'mere Hug randy

David Tails

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 21 Apr 2011, 2:26 pm

ha, just imagining Coxy legging it out of his office.

The use of that smiley is slightly disturbing when referencing another male poster indeed. And it is most definitely Cuddle, the 'giver' looks far happier than the poor chap getting pounded senseless.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 21 Apr 2011, 2:28 pm

I've got a "yellow blob getting humped senseless by another yellow blob" syndrome i think

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu 21 Apr 2011, 2:33 pm

coxy0001 wrote:I've got a "yellow blob getting humped senseless by another yellow blob" syndrome i think

Don't mention yellow blobs.

Azania will start harping on about Marciano, again.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Apr 2011, 2:40 pm

randy

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu 21 Apr 2011, 2:43 pm

randy > Very Happy

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 21 Apr 2011, 2:47 pm

Glad to see we can stick to the topic 🤦

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 21 Apr 2011, 2:47 pm

Might have to have a serious debate about the humping yellow blobs next week to address the issue.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu 21 Apr 2011, 2:48 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:Glad to see we can stick to the topic 🤦

Apologies, D4. randy

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 21 Apr 2011, 2:49 pm

coxy0001 wrote:Might have to have a serious debate about the humping yellow blobs next week to address the issue.

At last a topic you are an expert in. Whistle

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 21 Apr 2011, 2:57 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:I've got a "yellow blob getting humped senseless by another yellow blob" syndrome i think

Don't mention yellow blobs.

Azania will start harping on about Marciano, again.
randy

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 21 Apr 2011, 2:58 pm

Yellow blobs, has Samuel Peter got a chinese twin!! (sorry)

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 21 Apr 2011, 3:04 pm

Good to see a boxer joint highest paid in sports:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=6391145

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Thu 21 Apr 2011, 3:10 pm

Scottrf wrote:Good to see a boxer joint highest paid in sports:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=6391145

Pacquiao is the joint highest earner in sport. It show the coverage he has brought to the sport. And Arum has him on a unfair deal as well Erm

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 21 Apr 2011, 3:15 pm

Not sure how you get there D4....

Because in 2010:

Mayweather Jr: $60,250,000
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/specials/fortunate50-2010/index.html

Pacquiao: $38,000,000
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/specials/fortunate50-2010/index.20.html

Seems you can't help making stuff up. By the small matter of over $22m

Which is quite alot to tell lies over

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 21 Apr 2011, 3:19 pm

The sports illustrated report includes his 2009 fight.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 21 Apr 2011, 3:23 pm

And they wouldn't have done the same for Pacquiao?

"Financial year"?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next