The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arum: Marquez next for Pacquiao.

+25
samevans1
BoxingFan88
bellchees
NoMasDinero
WelshDevilRob
TRUSSMAN66
joeyjojo618
ArchBritishchris
BALTIMORA
Boxtthis
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
wow_junky
Imperial Ghosty
Bob
manos de piedra
HumanWindmill
Rowley
oxring
Valero's Conscience
eddyfightfan
Sugar Boy Sweetie
coxy0001
JDizzle
azania
D4thincarnation
29 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Arum: Marquez next for Pacquiao. Empty Arum: Marquez next for Pacquiao.

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:12 pm

The Mosley fight still has to play but Arum is already planing Pacquiao's next bout.

The fight will complete an thrilling trilogy, when Juan Manual Marquez step into the ring for a 3rd time.

There first fight was an epic battle Pacquiao knocking down Marquez 3 times in the first round only for Marquez to come back with the help of mistake by one of the judges to claim a draw.

The rematch was 4 years in the waiting but is was worth the wait, a great technical battle, his speed chess, Pacquiao put Marquez down again only the once but much more heavier knockdown that the previous ones.

The fight swayed back and forth and in the end Pacquiao sneaked a SD.

Since then they have both move up the weights, and had some impressive victories so what can we expect from the 3rd and probably final fight from these two greats.

Many of you were calling for this fight, and with Marquez being a free agent it should be easy to negotiate and will probably happen in November.

Pacquiao just has to get through Mosley now and the trilogy can be complete. Yahoo

http://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao-vs-marquez-likely-next-manny-says-arum--38132

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Arum: Marquez next for Pacquiao. Empty Re: Arum: Marquez next for Pacquiao.

Post by azania Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:12 pm

At what weight? Super welter?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:14 pm

Will Manny split the pot 50/50? Who will do the school run whilst he trains?

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:16 pm

Probably will be the first fight ever fought that has a catchweight that fighters aren't allowed to weight under.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:17 pm

So it's not ok for FMJ to make Marquez come up to 147, but for Manny it's going to be ok? And Manny IS a welterweight, Roach saying they'd never fight any lower than that again is pretty much the proof in the pudding.

Would be a massacre

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:18 pm

azania wrote:At what weight? Super welter?

I don't think it will matter they are both the same size. Marquez ring weight for his last fight was 146 and Pacquiao's was 148lbs.

There second fight was like high speed chess, great technical boxing at high speed, brilliant to watch.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:19 pm

Seeing as manny said the other day on ESB radio that he is a ntural 140 lb fighter I sincerely hope this fight will be no higher than 140lb if it gets made. If not, then it will be another example of Team Pac attempting to gain a significant advantage on the scales.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:20 pm

King Beer wrote:Will Manny split the pot 50/50? Who will do the school run whilst he trains?

Unlikely, the pot split is not based on talent it is based on the revenue the fight can bring in, Pacquiao is the draw. Marquez will probably earn a career high of $5 million, almost twice as much as Floyd gave him and Pacquiao will probably take around $30 million

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:20 pm

predictions?

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:22 pm

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:Seeing as manny said the other day on ESB radio that he is a ntural 140 lb fighter I sincerely hope this fight will be no higher than 140lb if it gets made. If not, then it will be another example of Team Pac attempting to gain a significant advantage on the scales.

I don't think it would mattter, welter or light-welter, lets hope the WBC put there title up for the fight at 140lbs. Then Pacquiao will fight there otherwise he will just defend his welterweight crown.

Either way it doesn't matter they are both the same size.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:22 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
King Beer wrote:Will Manny split the pot 50/50? Who will do the school run whilst he trains?

Unlikely, the pot split is not based on talent it is based on the revenue the fight can bring in, Pacquiao is the draw. Marquez will probably earn a career high of $5 million, almost twice as much as Floyd gave him and Pacquiao will probably take around $30 million

That's ridiculous, surely if it's the final part of a trilogy then Marquez should get more than that? Especially as there is only really Bradley and Khan on the table other than the you know who fight of the decade that will never happen.....

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:22 pm

And here we go again

You don't seem to comprehend this, we had the same debate on the old 606:

Manny is comfortable with being fully hydrated and having his body bulkier

Marquez, in his only outing WEIGHING ABOVE 140, looked flabby and not in great shape. He looked stupidly slow, his timing off and looked physically not in prime shape.

THE PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING: MARQUEZ ABOVE 140 LOOKED TERRIBLE

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:26 pm

Totally agree Coxy, it'll be a massacre.

People are asking for it and Marquez wants it (more for the money IMO) but anything 140ibs and over and won't competitive.

Manny could make 135ibs, especially when Roach, Ariza etc say they have to literally force feed him to make him make his current weight which was 144ibs, he could get to 135ibs but he knows Marquez was sluggish at 144ibs himself so a pointless fight AKA a Manny fight (fights after Cotto).

I'm not saying he's a huge threat but if Manny and co were looking for a competitive challenge in the WW division to prove he's the best etc he would go for Berto i.e. unbeaten, quick, a proper belt holder etc but err no they go again for a big name but when you read between the lines, it's not competitive.

People go on about their last 2 fights but these were when they were equal size, it's completely different now.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:26 pm

And D4, the question still stands:

Why did you slate you know who for bring a LIGHTWEIGHT to WELTERWEIGHT?

Manny is a WELTERWEIGHT, is Marquez comfortable at weighing above 140? No. And you CANNOT argue otherwise as you have zero proof, whereas i can point at the FMJ fight and laugh at how utterly retarded and idiotic you are.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:27 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:predictions?

My prediction is that the fight will be at 147lb, and having slated mayweather for dragging marquez up to 147 D4 will backtrack and contradict himself in order to justify mannys actions when they are essentially the same as what he's criticised Mayweather for (see the mosley fight for several examples of this). My prediction would be D4 sticking to an arguement along the lines of: "mayweather refused to be weighed on fight day, why was this? Manny and marquez are the same size, it doesn't matter if the fight is made at 147 because their ring weights will be the same".

With regard to the fight I think Marquez will give manny a tougher fight stylistically than technically ungifted oafs like clottey or marg ever could, but marquez is a shade past his best while manny remains in his prime. Manny has also grown physically since the last fight whereas marquez has shown he's not comfy above 135lb. However I would like to see Marquez get this 3rd fight as he deserves it, and he will present manny with a different type of challenge. Overall I'd expect manny to be too quick and big for him, and take a unanimous decision in an exciting fight.

Last edited by Sugar Boy Sweetie on Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:28 pm

King Beer wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

That's ridiculous, surely if it's the final part of a trilogy then Marquez should get more than that? Especially as there is only really Bradley and Khan on the table other than the you know who fight of the decade that will never happen.....

It based on the revenues the fighters can bring in, Pacquiao is a global star that transcends the sport, Marquez is a great boxer.

It will be a career high payday for Marquez. I don't know if Marquez will have another fight before but if that fight does good numbers he could get more.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:33 pm

Fight at 140. I'm not sure Marquez can go THAT high to be honest - but Pac can.

Still not particularly fair - but at least better than at 147.

As coxy said - if its unfair for Floyd to fight Marquez at 147, its unfair for Manny
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:38 pm

It doesn't matter whether the fight is at 140 or 147, they will both come in at the same weight.

The only way the fight happens at 140 is if there is a title available. Uncle Bob won't miss a trick, no title and Pacquiao defends his crown at 147lbs.

Either it does not matter they will weight what they weigh come fight night regardless.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:40 pm

People make out Manny is this super human being who is a complete saint. Yes he's a nice guy I don't dispute that and has done much to help people, but he has a history of shafting opponents in pay.

Manny got a guaranteed $12m against Clottey and Clottey got $900k!

Manny and Hatton verbally agreed 50/50 split in PPV takings but he jeopardised the fight by demanding more, eventually Manny was pursuaded to accept a 52/48 split in his favour. He obviously wants to be made to feel top dog all the time and probably why he has to have his dozens of minions around him all the time.

Marquez will get shafted but at the same time make a career best in earnings so bitter sweet, problem is Manny has the ability to offer people whatever and people will accept it for the chance to fight him.

Manny is brilliant to watch but could you imagine what people would say about Mayweather if he sold himself as a family man devoted to his wife and then cheated and had a child with another woman?!? (similar to Holyfield).

Overall Manny is a cert HoF'er and top 25 at that IMO but that is due to his career from 2008 and before IMO (although the Hatton and Cotto wins are worthy of praise).

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:41 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:It doesn't matter whether the fight is at 140 or 147, they will both come in at the same weight.

You blithering IDIOT

STOP DUCKING MY QUESTION

HOW GOOD DID MARQUEZ LOOK PHYSICALLY ABOVE 140? HOW GOOD WAS HIS TIMING? DID HE LOOK AWFUL?!?!?!!?!?!?!?

DUCKER.

You are an utter disgrace to this fine forum

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:43 pm

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:
eddyfightfan wrote:predictions?

My prediction is that the fight will be at 147lb, and having slated mayweather for dragging marquez up to 147 D4 will backtrack and contradict himself in order to justify mannys actions when they are essentially the same as what he's criticised Mayweather for (see the mosley fight for several examples of this). My prediction would be D4 sticking to an arguement along the lines of: "mayweather refused to be weighed on fight day, why was this? Manny and marquez are the same size, it doesn't matter if the fight is made at 147 because their ring weights will be the same".

D4thincarnation wrote:It doesn't matter whether the fight is at 140 or 147, they will both come in at the same weight.

The only way the fight happens at 140 is if there is a title available. Uncle Bob won't miss a trick, no title and Pacquiao defends his crown at 147lbs.

Either it does not matter they will weight what they weigh come fight night regardless.

There you go.

Any justification for manny fighting a 37 year old straight after a 39 year old while we're in contradictory mode?
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:44 pm

Manny and Hatton verbally agreed 50/50 split in PPV takings but he jeopardised the fight by demanding more, eventually Manny was pursuaded to accept a 52/48 split in his favour.

Hatton got away with daylight robbery there.

Hatton tells his fans you can bet you house on me, the runs in to a huge power puncher with lightening quick hands face first. Does not listen to his trainer, gets sparked out and then goes goes for a few beveys by the pool, enjoying the Lav Vegas sun.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:46 pm

D4 STOP DUCKING MY QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!

And another quote from D4 that can be reversed on him

"He well could be, but he will not be 36 or 38 which is well past it."

What are your thoughts about Manny fighting a 39 and a 37 year old in succession then?!

DO NOT DUCK MY QUESTIONS

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:46 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
Manny and Hatton verbally agreed 50/50 split in PPV takings but he jeopardised the fight by demanding more, eventually Manny was pursuaded to accept a 52/48 split in his favour.

Hatton tells his fans you can bet you house on me, the runs in to a huge power puncher with lightening quick hands face first. Does not listen to his trainer, gets sparked out and then goes goes for a few beveys by the pool, enjoying the Lav Vegas sun.

Fair play to him, but did you honestly think he was gonna turn around and say 'Oh, well, i'm gonna get my ass handed to me so don't bother watching'. Even i with little boxing knowledge knows that EVERYONE talks up their chances.

Audley Harrison is a classic case.

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:47 pm

coxy0001 wrote:

You blithering IDIOT

STOP DUCKING MY QUESTION

HOW GOOD DID MARQUEZ LOOK PHYSICALLY ABOVE 140? HOW GOOD WAS HIS TIMING? DID HE LOOK AWFUL?!?!?!!?!?!?!?

DUCKER.

You are an utter disgrace to this fine forum

Coxy I have made my points clear, Pacquiao is not a welter, he and Marquez are the same size, the only reason they will fight at welter is because Manny will defend his title. If there is a title at 140 available, It could happen there. But either way it won't matter.

It should be a great fight and it is a fight a lot of people were asking for, have they changed there minds because Pacquiao is going to take it, just like Mosley?

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:49 pm

King Beer wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

Fair play to him, but did you honestly think he was gonna turn around and say 'Oh, well, i'm gonna get my ass handed to me so don't bother watching'. Even i with little boxing knowledge knows that EVERYONE talks up their chances.

Talking up is one thing, telling your fans to bet your house on him is quite the other. Hatton's gun ho attitude was either very naive or he just wanted an early night, so he can grab the sun lounger in the morning.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:50 pm

You may as well ask a politician to answer a question in less than five minutes. Have said it before but if Manny signed to Gavin Ress D4 would find some way to justify it.

I personally have no problem with this fight anywhere below 140. If the fight is 147 it is a nonsense because as the Mayweather fight showed Marquez simply cannot carry that weight

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:50 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:

But at that time Manny although a big star was not as huge as he is now and Hatton was guaranteed to generate a nice amount in the UK, as well as large amount of ticket bought by the UK fans for the fight.

It takes two to tango, the PPV split does not include their actual purses, which Manny would of had the much larger amount so Manny was always going to get the lion's share.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:52 pm

STOP DUCKING MY QUESTION

HOW GOOD DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140?!!?!??!?!!?!?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:53 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
King Beer wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

Talking up is one thing, telling your fans to bet your house on him is quite the other. Hatton's gun ho attitude was either very naive or he just wanted an early night, so he can grab the sun lounger in the morning.

I'm sure it was a very tongue in cheek comment. And anyone who did so needs help for being such a fecktard. I've just read the interview and it was all very laid back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:54 pm

coxy0001 wrote:STOP DUCKING MY QUESTION

HE LOOKED GOOD ALRIGHT! HE WAS RIPPED! I HAD STRANGE, UNBEKNOWN FEELINGS WHEN I SAW HIM, OK!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:56 pm

Valero's Conscience wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

But at that time Manny although a big star was not as huge as he is now and Hatton was guaranteed to generate a nice amount in the UK, as well as large amount of ticket bought by the UK fans for the fight.

It takes two to tango, the PPV split does not include their actual purses, which Manny would of had the much larger amount so Manny was always going to get the lion's share.

Probably in the terms of popularity the split was fair, but Hatton turned up for a pay day and Pacquiao turn up for a boxing match.

Hatton did let his fans down, some of which paid thousands to support him.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:56 pm

jeff would like to know.

coxy would like to know.

I'd like to know.

If we all know, ( you, more than anybody, ) that Marquez was all wrong at 147 against Floyd why is he okay at 147 against Manny ?

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:57 pm

Rephrase for King Beer (Should be "King Sex on the beach cocktail please" after that comment")

HOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEED

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:57 pm

HOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEED

HOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEEDHOW COMPETITIVE DID MARQUEZ LOOK ABOVE 140? WAS HE ABLE TO GET HIS SHOTS OFF/WAS HIS TIMING ON/DID HE HAVE ANY SPEED

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:58 pm

Phew. And breathe

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Apr 2011, 3:59 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

Probably in the terms of popularity the split was fair, but Hatton turned up for a pay day and Pacquiao turn up for a boxing match.

That's the risk you take in Boxing. He got knocked out. Any fighter who steps in the ring has that risk. It's happened loads of times, granted people haven't always paid thousands but that's up to them. I was pee'd off when i paid money for Khan v Prescott and Haye v Maccaranelli but i didn't blame the fighter.

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 15 Apr 2011, 4:00 pm

coxy0001 wrote:STOP DUCKING MY QUESTION

When Floyd fought Marquez he looked flabby, Floyd also outweighed him by a stone on the night.

Marquez had to jump 3 weights in a year.

Marquez said after the fight that he was rushed up but would be comfortable at 140 if he had more time.

I expect Marquez to be in peak condition when he fight Manny in November and will probably weigh in at 140-142lbs, with no flab.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Apr 2011, 4:00 pm

coxy0001 wrote:Rephrase for King Beer (Should be "King Sex on the beach cocktail please" after that comment")

Just for you, Sugar! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 15 Apr 2011, 4:02 pm

King Sex On The Beach wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

That's the risk you take in Boxing. He got knocked out. Any fighter who steps in the ring has that risk. It's happened loads of times, granted people haven't always paid thousands but that's up to them. I was pee'd off when i paid money for Khan v Prescott and Haye v Maccaranelli but i didn't blame the fighter.

It wasn't the fact that he got knocked out it was his tactics going into the fight and his attitude after it. Khan was a bit too cocky and naive and Prescott made him pay, Khan was stupid but you can put that down to lack of experience. Can't really blame Enzo, there was nothing he could have done.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 15 Apr 2011, 4:03 pm

Yep, there we have it. At 78 year old Marquez will be at his peak against pac.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Apr 2011, 4:04 pm

Khan wasn't stupid, he should never have had that fight. As for Hatton, everyone knew his style, they knew what his gameplan. Old dog, new tricks. Says it all about Hatton.

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 15 Apr 2011, 4:06 pm

Marquez had no experience at 147 prior to Mayweather. He didnt know how to manage his weight for it.

Fighting 12 rounds against Mayweather is great experience so we know now he is an experienced 147 fighter and wont make the same mistakes again with his weight.

Mayweather also cheated and broke his word by coming in over weight so the fight should have been a no contest. We never got to see what Marquez could really do at the weight because Floyd cheated and outweighed him by far too much. It was a mismatch.

Manny wont do this as he always keeps his word and never uses the weights as an advantage. I think we will see the best of Marquez that night. He is the biggest challenge out there aside from Mosely and once Manny beats both he will have proven that he can beat a big punching slick african american and an atg counter punching Mexican.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 15 Apr 2011, 4:07 pm

And what proof do you have he was outweighed by a stone?

You don't

You also seem to make much noise about "ring rust" yet have discounted how FMJ was out of the ring for how long - Almost 2 years?

Another one to add to your baseless accusations.

Marquez said

"“I don’t want to have to go 147, but if he weighs 147, yes, I’ll even go to 147,” said Marquez, who had hoped to face Pacquiao at a catchweight of 140 to 145 lb.

And Roach has said:

"“But I’m not going to make him struggle to make any weight. So he’s going to fight at 147. That’s now his natural weight, and that’s where we’re going to campaign at,” the celebrated trainer added.

Seems to me that Manny is a natural at WW and Marquez is natural @ LW

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Fri 15 Apr 2011, 4:09 pm

King Sex On The Beach wrote:Khan wasn't stupid, he should never have had that fight. As for Hatton, everyone knew his style, they knew what his gameplan. Old dog, new tricks. Says it all about Hatton.

He was, he wen in with his chin high and open as a 7/11 trying to KO a KO artist 18 KOs from 19 fights and with Khan being susceptible in the chin department. And when he gets tagged rather than cover up he swing out some wide punches and sticks his chin out a little more.

Even Khan himself admits it was a stupid mistake.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 15 Apr 2011, 4:10 pm

manos de piedra wrote:Fighting 12 rounds against Mayweather is great experience so we know now he is an experienced 147 fighter and wont make the same mistakes again with his weight.

It could be just as easily argued that he now knows that 147lb. is a bridge too far.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Fri 15 Apr 2011, 4:12 pm

I was genuinely worried for a while as to whether Arum would dig up Chico Coralles, just so Manny could stop him faster than Floyd did.

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 15 Apr 2011, 4:12 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:Fighting 12 rounds against Mayweather is great experience so we know now he is an experienced 147 fighter and wont make the same mistakes again with his weight.

It could be just as easily argued that he now knows that 147lb. is a bridge too far.

Hence the quote i pulled about "I don't want to go to 147"

Fact is he's still gonna have to jump 2 weight classes. Cold hard fact is he did it once and looked absolutely shocking. There is ZERO to suggest he'd perform any differently

140 for me = fair, just

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 15 Apr 2011, 4:13 pm

Bob wrote:I was genuinely worried for a while as to whether Arum would dig up Chico Coralles, just so Manny could stop him faster than Floyd did.

In D4s eyes he'd still

1) Possess those big swinging hooks
2) Lots of power
3) Never write off a great fighter

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Fri 15 Apr 2011, 4:14 pm

I think coxy would like to know the following D4:

How competitive was Marquez against Floyd - above 140lbs?

Was he able to get his shots off?

Was his timing there?

Did he have any speed or power?

Jeff and Windy are also curious. As am I.

You have not yet answered these questions - please do, I'd genuinely like your opinion
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next