The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales Team for the Brumbies match... Faletau out of tour with broken hand means Delve is on the Bench

+44
LondonTiger
nobbled
MarcusHalberstram
RubyGuby
dragonbreath
blackcanelion
mckay1402
Effervescing Elephant
Shane_Williams
Scoped
Liam
jezonline
welliamwibb
pontylad
samuraidragon
boomeranga
aucklandlaurie
Taylorman
slartibartfast
kingjohn7
munkian
chris_501
Bazzer79
Cocokav
welshy6
Toffnana
Full Credit
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Comfort
Smirnoffpriest
Biltong
Pal Joey
Ospreydragon
wales606
gowales
emack2
Knowsit17
flyhalffactory
Morgannwg
yappysnap
Cymroglan
TycroesOsprey
bedfordwelsh
maestegmafia
48 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Wales Team for the Brumbies match... Faletau out of tour with broken hand means Delve is on the Bench Empty Wales Team for the Brumbies match... Faletau out of tour with broken hand means Delve is on the Bench

Post by maestegmafia Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 9:10

WALES: Liam Williams; Harry Robinson, Andrew Bishop, Ashley Beck, Aled Brew; James Hook, Rhys Webb; Paul James, Richard Hibbard, Rhodri Jones, Alun Wyn Jones (Captain), Luke Charteris, Josh Turnbull, Justin Tipuric, Aaron Shingler

REPLACEMENTS: Ken Owens, Rhys Gill, Ian Evans, Gareth Delve, Lloyd Williams, Rhys Priestland, Alex Cuthbert

Rob Howley says

"We are a game down, but we still have all to play for in this series and Tuesday night is the perfect opportunity for this squad of players to move on," said Wales head coach Rob Howley.

"We have one or two bumps and bruises and we are expecting players to 'back-up' after playing a tough Test match and go out there 72hrs later and play for their country.

"But that is exactly what touring is all about. It will be a test of character for the likes of Luke (Charteris), James (Hook) and Alun Wyn (Jones) who all made significant contributions on Saturday."

http://www.wru.co.uk/eng/news/22599.php

Last edited by maestegmafia on Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 9:12; edited 1 time in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Wales Team for the Brumbies match... Faletau out of tour with broken hand means Delve is on the Bench Empty Re: Wales Team for the Brumbies match... Faletau out of tour with broken hand means Delve is on the Bench

Post by maestegmafia Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 9:12

Delve, who won the last of his 11 international caps in March 2010, became the first non-native to captain an Australian Super Rugby side last year and was already in the southern hemisphere when he got the call to replace the injured Toby Faletau late last night).

Faletau will play no further part in the series after breaking a bone in his hand and is set to fly home for his injury to be reviewed in the next few days.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Wales Team for the Brumbies match... Faletau out of tour with broken hand means Delve is on the Bench Empty Re: Wales Team for the Brumbies match... Faletau out of tour with broken hand means Delve is on the Bench

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 9:26

Personally I would have started Rees, will be good to see Williams go at XV in case North doesn't recover.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 9:33

Yes.. Though we have plenty of back three cover in the touring party.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 9:41

Delve could be an inspired choice. Sort of explains why Faletau was a shadow of himself yesterday. Hook really has an oppurtunity to take RP's shirt.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 9:44

Lot's have wanted Delve in the Welsh squad so now is his chance to prove them right.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 9:44

Is Biggar not in the squad?

I hope Delve goes well, he's always looked pretty impressive for his club teams but does not seem to ever stand out like Jones, Warbertun etc do at times. Must do something right though as he's nearly always club captain where ever he goes.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 10:22

Actually looks like a pretty decent 2nd string squad again, I hope a few players lay down their mark.

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 13:21

Seeing as James the other LH is always on the bench covering the TH, would it not have made more sense for him to start in the 3 jersey? I also would have probably opted to start Turnbull at 8, that way we would have plenty of much needed pace at 6 and 7.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 14:15

Morgannwg wrote:Seeing as James the other LH is always on the bench covering the TH, would it not have made more sense for him to start in the 3 jersey? I also would have probably opted to start Turnbull at 8, that way we would have plenty of much needed pace at 6 and 7.

Makes alot of sense
James should have started the game and young Jones could have replaced him at halftime.

Shingler at blindside is ideal, much quicker than Lydiate and better at the offload, however defensively worse, and doesnt make the same hits as him. Turnbull whilst having a great season at 6 a few seasons ago playing at 8 would have given a better balance to the pack
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 14:22

I think its odd seeing Shingler at 8, has he ever played there? His first game at openside was for Wales. I'd probably have Turnbull at 8 and Shingler at 6.

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 14:28

Can't understand the logic of putting Shingler at 8 when you've got Jones and Delve to choose from. If we're not careful he could become the James Hook of the forwards, messed around too much without being allowed to settle into one role.

Besides that I can't complain.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 14:33

Yeah I would have had them two the other way around, maybe they will swap or maybe its just to see if he can do job there knowing Delve is on the bench.

I would have started Gill and James on the T/Head instead of Jones
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 14:48

Not forgetting of course that Delve covers 6 pretty well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 14:59

It appears our coaching staff are doing a 'mad marc'. How many capped internationals do we have now? It's no good have a lot of players, we need the best players playing the positions they are best suited to. We are still lacking options at 3, 8 and 10 in my opinion.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 16:04

IF you talk the talk,you have to walk the walk at Home or in bad conditions the NH can nick a win.Away that`s hard Yacca for the SH sides too,upsets happen yes BUT not that many.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 16:46

Strange seeing Shingler at 8, he played there for a bit against the Baa-Baas when we had Martyn and Tipuric on but i don't think he's physical enough to have a future there, he's a bit like our Tom Croft.

I'd like Tipuric to play the first 40-50 mins, then benched so he can rest for the test match. Bring on Delve and put Shingler to 6 and Turnbull 7.

The back three will be tested a lot, the Brumbies play a very pragmatic game and their 9 Nic White is an excellent box kicker. I'm worried about Liam, Harry and Aled.

Good to see Hibbard start, i'd like to see him on the bench for the test.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sun 10 Jun 2012 - 16:47

Morgannwg wrote:It appears our coaching staff are doing a 'mad marc'. How many capped internationals do we have now? It's no good have a lot of players, we need the best players playing the positions they are best suited to. We are still lacking options at 3, 8 and 10 in my opinion.

Don't forget 15

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon 11 Jun 2012 - 0:44

I just saw the suggestion of Hook at 8 and I fully agree.

I will now start the Hook to 8 campaign - I expect it to be in the WM tommorow. After all, he is too talented not to be in the forward pack against Australia.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Ospreydragon Mon 11 Jun 2012 - 1:02

This match appears not to be televised anywhere in UK -- not on BBC/S4C or Sky Sports.

Where can the live match be viewed?

Ospreydragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 11 Jun 2012 - 2:02

Miserable weather in Sydney for the last 48 hours - over 5" of rain.
Canberra is less than 300km away but it appears it will be fine on Tuesday evening. 1-14 deg. C

http://weather.smh.com.au/local.jsp?lt=aploc&lc=3928&d=1

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 11 Jun 2012 - 7:14

wales606 wrote:I just saw the suggestion of Hook at 8 and I fully agree.

I will now start the Hook to 8 campaign - I expect it to be in the WM tommorow. After all, he is too talented not to be in the forward pack against Australia.
Well he is slow enough.Wales Team for the Brumbies match... Faletau out of tour with broken hand means Delve is on the Bench Pot10
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon 11 Jun 2012 - 13:04

If the match is on really early then it's going to be difficult to get a stream. The Australians have been boosted with the news of Beale possibly making the bench and Jake White's assistance for the 2nd test; that and they know the series is over if they win.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Mon 11 Jun 2012 - 13:18

Am suprised and worried by Howley putting R Jones at TH, he is a LH who hasn't played TH for the Scarlets, it would have made a lot more sense to put James at TH and either Gill or Jones at LH (depending on if you wanted to give Jones another chance to experience this level of rugby). I really worry that the Welsh management are going to mess Rhodri's development up by trying to force him to be a TH, and instead creating a poor TH and LH instead of leaving him as a very promising LH.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 11 Jun 2012 - 13:23

Priest,

I thoguht that but wasn't sure how much game time R Jones has had there, I know he played against the Baa Baas but wasn't sure.

In that case I agree with you I would have put James there cos at least he has played there on many occasions and give Gill the L/Head shirt
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon 11 Jun 2012 - 13:25

You never know, we might see the Scarlets start playing Rhodri at TH. You have another promising LH coming through the ranks btw (Rob Evans). I also hope you give Dan Thomas some game time next season, along with the Williams brothers.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Mon 11 Jun 2012 - 13:31

Morgannwg wrote:You never know, we might see the Scarlets start playing Rhodri at TH. You have another promising LH coming through the ranks btw (Rob Evans). I also hope you give Dan Thomas some game time next season, along with the Williams brothers.

We've already decided to leave R Jones at LH as that is where he's best and wants to stay - we did toy with the idea briefly during this last season apparently - but decided (rightly IMO) to allow him to develop properly at LH.

As such we've resigned Manu and look to be signing another TH - maybe Campbell Johnson, so can't imagine R Jones will get any/much gametime at TH.

Also I'd imagine that S Lee and R Evans might get some gametime this season with the Scarlets, but probably only in the LV Cup.

A few posters on the Scarlet Fever board think that D Thomas will feature quite a bit this season - I'd don't know but He looks very good and we could really do with an out and out 7.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Mon 11 Jun 2012 - 13:32

I also expected Rees to be on the bench/in the team instead of Owens as I reckon Rees needs the gametime more

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Mon 11 Jun 2012 - 13:41

Gotta agree im not sure on the Rh.Jones at TH experiment Wales are going with at the moment....

I would have thought giving Gill a shot at the LH shirt and putting James at TH would have been the better option but aaaaye, what do i know!

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by Ospreydragon Mon 11 Jun 2012 - 13:52

Morgannwg, there are various hits when you google "Wales Brumbies live stream" -- can anyone recommend a stream site?

Ospreydragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 11 Jun 2012 - 13:55

Just a reminder folks, please be circumspect when talking publicly about how you watch matches - other sites hosted by Forumotion have been shut down in the past by the copyright police.

However, us Admins/Mods are unable to monitor your PMs. Whistle

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 11 Jun 2012 - 14:07

nudge nudge wink wink hey kiwi lol Hug
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Mon 11 Jun 2012 - 14:08

OD - pm.

gotta say, I'm happy to see Shingler getting a game, even at 8!

we can see what Webb's got in welsh colours, albeit in a midweek game against a club-side, for me he's the on-form SH in wales.

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon 11 Jun 2012 - 14:12

KRD what time is the game on in UK time?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Mon 11 Jun 2012 - 14:24

can someone pm me with a link?

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Mon 11 Jun 2012 - 14:25

Me too - as long as it's 'legal' Very Happy Whistle

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 11 Jun 2012 - 14:28

me too oops lol
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Ospreydragon Mon 11 Jun 2012 - 14:36

Comfort, many thanks for the pm.

Ospreydragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Credit Mon 11 Jun 2012 - 14:42

Guys, from what I can gather I don't think anyone's going to be covering (even filming) this match. It's not being covered by any of the free to air channels and Fox Sports aren't even doing it. People on Aussie websites are talking about only listening to it on the radio or live updates online. I hope I'm wrong.

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon 11 Jun 2012 - 14:58

Me too, incase its not on any off my *censored for Kiwireddevil*
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffnana Mon 11 Jun 2012 - 15:04

Please can someone PM me the link too? Can't believe not being televised on one of standard channels.

Thanks

Toffnana

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon 11 Jun 2012 - 15:06

TycroesOsprey wrote:can someone pm me with a link?

Plus one.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Mon 11 Jun 2012 - 15:07

Morgannwg wrote:
TycroesOsprey wrote:can someone pm me with a link?

Plus one.

Plus two

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Mon 11 Jun 2012 - 15:13

guys, ill pm you all, theres enough comfort to go around! heart

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon 11 Jun 2012 - 15:19

Thanks Comfort Hug.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy6 Mon 11 Jun 2012 - 18:14

damn i'm in school ='(

welshy6

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 11 Jun 2012 - 19:26

Diolch Comfort
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon 11 Jun 2012 - 19:51

What about me?

Wales Team for the Brumbies match... Faletau out of tour with broken hand means Delve is on the Bench Smiley-sad023
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocokav Mon 11 Jun 2012 - 20:05

I'd appreciate a PM too

Cocokav

Back to top Go down

Wales Team for the Brumbies match... Faletau out of tour with broken hand means Delve is on the Bench Empty Midweek tour match tv coverage???

Post by Bazzer79 Mon 11 Jun 2012 - 20:09

Anyone know if these matches are being shown on the goggle box? They're not listed on sky, maybe there's a feed on tinternet somewhere?

Bazzer79

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next