The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Murray: Angry, Upset, Emotional And Dissapointed About Being Called A Drama Queen

+13
socal1976
jersey
Haddie-nuff
CaledonianCraig
beeman
djlovesyou
Jahu
laverfan
banbrotam
Calder106
Jeremy_Kyle
Chydremion
hawkeye
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is Andy Murray A Drama Queen?

Murray: Angry, Upset, Emotional And Dissapointed About Being Called A Drama Queen - Page 2 Vote_lcap44%Murray: Angry, Upset, Emotional And Dissapointed About Being Called A Drama Queen - Page 2 Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 7 ]
Murray: Angry, Upset, Emotional And Dissapointed About Being Called A Drama Queen - Page 2 Vote_lcap56%Murray: Angry, Upset, Emotional And Dissapointed About Being Called A Drama Queen - Page 2 Vote_rcap 56% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 16

Murray: Angry, Upset, Emotional And Dissapointed About Being Called A Drama Queen - Page 2 Empty Murray: Angry, Upset, Emotional And Dissapointed About Being Called A Drama Queen

Post by hawkeye Sat 02 Jun 2012, 9:09 am

First topic message reminder :

Murray bravely played through the agony of a muscle spasm in his last match. Not everyone gave him the sympathy that he felt he deserved. In particular an old friend of his mum Virginia Wade had this to say.

I have tremendous sympathy that his back is bad, but I have more sympathy for the other guy as, honestly, you cannot play against someone who is being a drama queen."

An article in the Independent describes the pain and loneliness that Murray experienced

The world number four woke up yesterday morning with a back spasm that meant he could not put much weight on his left leg and almost did not take to the court at all. He was barely able to move or serve at times early on and was seen by the trainer three times during the match.

"It is lonely (on court) but before the match I was there with the guys, talking about what I should do, and then, when I was out on the court, especially the first few sets, I wasn't looking up at anyone or engaging with anything they were saying at all, because I was just so down about how I was feeling.

Having fought through in such difficult circumstances and then to hear that an old family friend wasn't as sympathetic to his terrible situation was clearly extreemly upsetting for Murray. The telegraph described how he reacted to this news.

Andy Murray was genuinely upset yesterday when he heard what Virginia Wade had been saying about him on Eurosport’s French Open coverage. He looked off into the distance, and tried to keep his answer civil, but he didn’t quite manage it.

He pointed out that Wade played in a "much easier era" (therefore she obviously would have no idea about the difficulties Murray faced having to play the great Federer, Nadal and Djokovic?) Murray said that Wade had no idea about what he was feeling on court and clearly felt betrayed by someone he has known since being a really young child.

"And then you have people like that who always have to come out and say something controversial when, really, they should be
supportive or maybe ask me a question first before commenting on it. "I've known her since I was a really young kid. She used to do coaching stuff with my mum since I was a really young child. She has no idea what I was feeling on the court. She doesn't know what was happening 20 minutes before I went out on to the court, what I was feeling, what I was doing.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/frenchopen/9305591/French-Open-2012-Virginia-Wade-might-call-Andy-Murray-a-drama-queen-but-she-played-in-a-much-easier-era.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/andymurray-dismisses-criticism-from-virginia-wade-after-he-was-branded-a-drama-queen-7810869.html

The message Murray is sending about being a "Drama Queen" is clear.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Murray: Angry, Upset, Emotional And Dissapointed About Being Called A Drama Queen - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray: Angry, Upset, Emotional And Dissapointed About Being Called A Drama Queen

Post by Guest Mon 04 Jun 2012, 7:46 pm

I fancy Murray in 4. Provided the wind dies down.

Back to top Go down

Murray: Angry, Upset, Emotional And Dissapointed About Being Called A Drama Queen - Page 2 Empty Re: Murray: Angry, Upset, Emotional And Dissapointed About Being Called A Drama Queen

Post by hawkeye Mon 04 Jun 2012, 9:35 pm

This tweet from Ben Rothenberg (writer for New York Times - note unbiased as not British or French).

Deja vu from second round in this match. Andy Murray pushes a button on his back and his opponent self destructs. Q would be proud.

https://twitter.com/#!/benrothenberg

Pfttt!

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Mon 04 Jun 2012, 11:49 pm

hawkeye wrote:This tweet from Ben Rothenberg (writer for New York Times - note unbiased as not British or French).

Deja vu from second round in this match. Andy Murray pushes a button on his back and his opponent self destructs

Obviously knows what he's talking about as such tactics are sure to guarntee you twenty odd titles and permanent place in the Top 4, for nearly 4 years (give or take)

Amazing why other players don't try it Rolling Eyes

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue 05 Jun 2012, 12:30 am

Ms Wade called Murray's efforts today "spectacular tennis". How very odd that HE (who seems to regard Ms Wade very highly) chooses not to share this with us Headscratch

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue 05 Jun 2012, 12:32 am

It is interesting how much controversy has surrounded Murray this French open. I wasn't surprised at the boorish reaction of the parisien fans they are not exactly the most forgiving of crowds. But a lot of people are questioning the extent of his injuries since we have seen this controversy with Virginia Wade sprout up. Some now are call it a calculated tactical ploy. I don't know about that, I generally believe that in tennis it is best to have a stoic poker face type of mentality. To not give away anything to your opponent because sometimes appearing injured may actually embolden some players. It seem like an uneeded risk on murray's part against players that over the course of 5 sets even if he is behind he should be able to come back and win.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Tue 05 Jun 2012, 11:46 am

I thought it was really interesting that Gasquet's tactics early on included a number of drop shots, presumably to test out Murrays back and also to get him moving. So essentially, a large amount of his tactical approach was based on Murray's injury.

Fast forward 2 sets, and Murray's injury was now an unfair lie that had been invented just to put Gasquet off! Hilarious really. I imagine Murray may feel his back once or twice against Ferrer, but Ferrer won't even blink because he is focussed and just plays 100% all the time. He, unlike Gasquet, will not be feeling sorry for himself or making excuses. He'll just play his best and if it's good enough, great. If not, he'll congratulate his opponent.

Gasquet needs to look at himself and nobody else for why he fell apart yesterday. Murray should be delighted that he twisted Gasquet in knots the final 2 sets. There really was some great variety. It was almost cruel!

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Tue 05 Jun 2012, 1:56 pm

Danny_1982 wrote:I thought it was really interesting that Gasquet's tactics early on included a number of drop shots, presumably to test out Murrays back and also to get him moving. So essentially, a large amount of his tactical approach was based on Murray's injury.

Fast forward 2 sets, and Murray's injury was now an unfair lie that had been invented just to put Gasquet off! Hilarious really. I imagine Murray may feel his back once or twice against Ferrer, but Ferrer won't even blink because he is focussed and just plays 100% all the time. He, unlike Gasquet, will not be feeling sorry for himself or making excuses. He'll just play his best and if it's good enough, great. If not, he'll congratulate his opponent.

Gasquet needs to look at himself and nobody else for why he fell apart yesterday. Murray should be delighted that he twisted Gasquet in knots the final 2 sets. There really was some great variety. It was almost cruel!

It is indeed highly amusing listening to the number of people 'navel gazing' Andy's every gesture. He's always done this, it's a habit - just like mac wore is heart on his sleeve. And for me, it makes him one of the more entertaining performers as you generally don't know what he'll do next. I mean how many player get toasted in the opening set, work hard to go a break up in the second and then immediately give it back - to then go on to win around 75% of the remaining games.

Thank god Tennis has the likes of Murray and Nole - real characters, not fey charm offenders looking to keep their image going

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 06 Jun 2012, 12:07 am

Isn't it odd how there are no drama queen tags applied to three players in the quarters today? Tsonga could be seen flexing his knee at one point, Del Potro with bandaging and rebandaging and even Djokovic limping. Drama queens though? Of course not. How odd?
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2