The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Llanelli vs Aberavon

4 posters

Go down

Llanelli vs Aberavon Empty Llanelli vs Aberavon

Post by Coleman Sat May 12, 2012 6:44 pm

What a fantastic game of rugby. Its clear to see that a lot of the Scarlets players have been exposed to a higher level of rugby through training and game time with the Scarlets. The game has been a credit to the Welsh Prem which has been fantastic to watch this year. Hopfully slight trimming of teams will increase the quality again for next season. Great development platform.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Llanelli vs Aberavon Empty Re: Llanelli vs Aberavon

Post by Guest Sat May 12, 2012 6:47 pm

Brilliant match isn't it? Am thoroughly enjoying it!

Llanelli were under the cosh a bit the start of the 2nd half where Aberavon really turned it on in the forwards, but those two tries they've just scored were a dream!

credit to Aberavon though, only some tough last ditch defence has kept them out quite a few times, and they're still going at it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 12, 2012 6:48 pm

Also, not many of the Llanelli players on show have played much with the Scarlets if at all. Definitely benefiting from training though I'd say.

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sat May 12, 2012 6:50 pm

I just assumed from the quality of their play that they must have had a look in. I must say as a Blues fan i'm jealous of the backs they seem to be producing out west. They have an embarrassment of riches. The last Llanelli try said it all.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat May 12, 2012 6:52 pm

Teams? I notice there's a couple of Scarlets playing.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sat May 12, 2012 6:53 pm

Llanelli:
15 Jordan Williams 14. Iolo Evans 13 Nic Reynolds 12 Johnny Lewis 11 Viliami Iongi 10 Dan Newton 9 Justin James 1 Shaun Hopkins 2 Craig Hawkins 3 Simon Gardiner 4 Adam Powell(c) 5 Ed Price 6 Duane Eager 7 Nic Cudd 8 Mat Gilbert

Replacements/Subs 16 Rhys Thomas 17 Kirby Myhill 18 Aled Hopkins 19 Nathan White 20 Daniel Thomas 21 Joe Heatley 22 Owen Williams

Aberavon:
Howard Thomas; Richard Carter, Richard Thomas, Craig Evans, Ricky Thomas; Jamie Davies, David Pritchard; Rowan Jenkins, Marc Breeze, Andrew Clatworthy, Ian Moore (capt), Sam Williams, Morgan Allen, Nathan Strong, Darryl Thomas.
Replacements: Dan Davies, Liam Gadd, Gareth Harvey, Chris Davies, Gavin Ronan, Neil White, Richard Morris.

Not a mistake. I didnt know Breeze was dual contracted.

Last edited by Coleman on Sat May 12, 2012 6:57 pm; edited 3 times in total

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 12, 2012 6:53 pm

that was with us down to 14 men too!

Ah lovely stuff, still don't understand how Justin James doesn't get a look in with the Scarlets. He's been playing a blinder at 9 for a lot of the season.

I would say those who've been involved with the Scarlets side are Iongi, Reynolds and Newton in the backs (I think Jordan has made the bench once but not got on the pitch). Then in the forwards Gardiner and Gilbert.

The U20's players like Kirby Myhill and Dan Thomas have made a big difference since coming on though.

Aberavon forwards just crash over for a try, well worked that and deserved for how they've been playing clap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 12, 2012 6:54 pm

Morgannwg wrote:Teams? I notice there's a couple of Scarlets playing.

That's incorrect. They are Llanelli players who have made the step up to help with squad depth and injury cover at the Scarlets, just as all feeder players should do Smile

FT 40 -26, cracking match, now then, bring on Ponty!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat May 12, 2012 6:56 pm

That's a good Llanelli team, no wonder it was a big win. Do Aberavon not have any U20s on their books?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 12, 2012 6:59 pm

Shows what Llanelli can do when they have a full squad to pick from.

Aberavon are no push overs though, it was a close match for a long long time, and tis worth noting they had one less loss in the league then either Ponty or Llanelli.

Oooh what a lovely game that was Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sat May 12, 2012 7:04 pm

Dan Newton had a stong game. He'll be a good backup for Priestland during the international period and LV games. Nic Reynolds looks amazing too. Saw him playing for Coleg Sir Gar the other week and he made the other players look basic. We've been waiting for a natrual 13 in Wales for a while.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 12, 2012 7:05 pm

Reynolds is a funny one. He looks great at this level, but rarely makes the step up to regional level when he's had chances too.

He was poor out against Aironi, but looked a lot better at home against Munster. He needs to make the breakthrough next season though, otherwise I don't think he ever will.

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sat May 12, 2012 7:07 pm

Lets hope he can make the step up then. Would hate for him to turn out like Gareth Owens. How old is he?

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 12, 2012 7:09 pm

I think he's 23. He's had plenty of ahcnes the last two seasons though and just failed to take them, and with the amount of backs we've got coming through you've got to wonder how many more chances he's going to get.

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sat May 12, 2012 7:10 pm

Hes 23 and hes still playing for Coleg Sir Gar? No age cap in the college table then i guess. Thought he'd be about 19/20.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 12, 2012 7:11 pm

nah he's definitely older than that. Maybe 22 then, not sure to be honest.

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Sat May 12, 2012 8:00 pm

Just turned 23, - DOB 7th Apr 1989
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat May 12, 2012 8:02 pm

He was in my year then. What's he doing at Coleg Sir Gar at that age?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 12, 2012 8:04 pm

A lot of Scarlet/academy players do academic courses alongside playing rugby. Could be something to do with that? I know they are all encouraged to do something along side the rugby anyways, whether that's a course/apprenticeship etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by pioden gorllewin Sat May 12, 2012 10:23 pm

Justin james face just doesn't seem to fit for some reason with the scarlets management. Like dreamer said he has been impressive all season. One of those players you wish would move to another region, cause he's earned the right to play at a higher level.
pioden gorllewin
pioden gorllewin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down