The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big TNA news (HUGE SPOILER ALERT)

+9
ncfc_Tooze
TheCultOfPersonality
Beer
Kay Fabe
TwisT
ADMIN
Adam D
DDT
paulscholes
13 posters

Go down

Big TNA news (HUGE SPOILER ALERT) Empty Big TNA news (HUGE SPOILER ALERT)

Post by paulscholes Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:46 pm

Roode vs. Sting will headline next month's Victory Road pay-per-view.

Dixie Carter confirmed James Storm vs. Bobby Roode for the TNA Lockdown pay-per-view on her Twitter:

Should Sting realy be main eventing a PPV when he is only a part time wrestler these days?

I was thinking that Roode will lose his his tital at Lockdown, as a steel cage match is near impossible to use dirty tactics to win the match. But I do wich it was Jeff Hardy who beat roode.

paulscholes

Back to top Go down

Big TNA news (HUGE SPOILER ALERT) Empty Re: Big TNA news (HUGE SPOILER ALERT)

Post by DDT Sun 19 Feb 2012, 11:38 pm

Im not big into TNA, but I watch bits and pieces here and there. I don't know why they would have Sting v Roode, Sting is past it, and should be knowere near the main event. Did WWE ever have Ric Flair in world title matches once he was in his 50s? He's not a credible challenger, as everyone knows there not going to give the belt to an old man.

I must admit I never rated Sting that highly even in his prime, and Ive never realy understood the hype sorounding him. He spent all of his career in the minor leagues, as a big fish in a small pond.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 20 Feb 2012, 7:04 am

DDT wrote:Im not big into TNA, but I watch bits and pieces here and there. I don't know why they would have Sting v Roode, Sting is past it, and should be knowere near the main event. Did WWE ever have Ric Flair in world title matches once he was in his 50s? He's not a credible challenger, as everyone knows there not going to give the belt to an old man.

I must admit I never rated Sting that highly even in his prime, and Ive never realy understood the hype sorounding him. He spent all of his career in the minor leagues, as a big fish in a small pond.

They had Jerry Lawler in two PPV main events against Miz from memory!

Also, Undertaker is usually floating around the main event, up until this year.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Mon 20 Feb 2012, 7:43 am

TheUndertaker is actually only 46.
He's had a hard life.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 20 Feb 2012, 7:46 am

Macclads wrote:TheUndertaker is actually only 46.
He's had a hard life.

Well he has been dead for nearly 25 years so its understandable.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon 20 Feb 2012, 9:01 am

I think DDT is being unfair on Sting. It wasn't that long ago that people were wetting themselves over Undertaker v Sting at Mania. If their ages are anything to go by, the two of them should be wetting themselves as well.

Anyway........

Sting can still cut it as a wrestler, so I think the PPV wouldn't be a bad match. I can understand people wanting to see other younger individuals being pushed, but Sting v "xxxx" always generates interest. For a PPV headliner, that is the most important thing.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 20 Feb 2012, 12:23 pm

He's not a credible challenger, as everyone knows there not going to give the belt to an old man.

He actually won the World Title just under a year ago and had about a 4 month reign before winning it again later on in the year, he actually held the title for a little more than a third of the year, it took 5 other guys to make up the other two thirds

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 20 Feb 2012, 1:45 pm

Not really sure why this is 'BIG' news??

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCultOfPersonality Mon 20 Feb 2012, 3:51 pm

*6th Post*

Great booking by TNA, Roode vs Storm deserves to have it's place at one of the biggest events in TNA, Lockdown. It's all interesting that Sting vs Roode has not been announced as a match for the TNA championship on the, and to be honest, they don't need to include it as the Sting/Roode feud is pretty heated without the title.

TheCultOfPersonality

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Mon 20 Feb 2012, 3:54 pm

could be the big name to legitimize Roode as a champion

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Mon 20 Feb 2012, 6:46 pm

ncfc_Tooze wrote:could be the big name to legitimize Roode as a champion

Tooze hit the nail on the head there. Its to help get Roode over more as a credible heel champion. If he's going to go over the big star names it cements his place in the main event scene. The same has happened with James Storm, he's been kept busy with other feuds with Kurt helping get him over too. He's being kept busy but still kept within touching distance of the world title picture, not forgetting their recent history. With them announcing that at Lockdown it will now be Roode V Storm they can start to build up for their match from the next set of tapings. I've read that they announced the main event of the next ppv now because it's considered one of their bigger PPV's, which I agree with but it's to also help with ticket sales as the PPV will be held away from the iMPACT Zone.

On a side note, where have RVD & Mr.Anderson been lately? Not seen either in months on TNA

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 20 Feb 2012, 6:48 pm

Very good post enigma - I agree with it all OK

As you brought up Anderson and RVD, can I ask, what happened to the Star Wars themed show?

Did I miss it?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 20 Feb 2012, 6:59 pm

I liked the fact they announced Roode vs Storm at Lockdown, that's exactly how I seen it playing out away back when although I didn't forsee Roodes heel turn BEFORE he won the title, I thought his ego would have got the better of him as Champ and used that to dismantle Fortune

What disappoints me is that they're going with Sting/Roode before Lockdown, with Roode/Storm no doubt pushed hard in advertising it leaves very little doubt the outcome of this match, I'd have preferred to see Roode in a high profile non title match, make the belt at least seem prestigious

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCultOfPersonality Mon 20 Feb 2012, 7:01 pm

Apparently TNA has nothing for Anderson at the moment in terms of storylines and overall directions, I heard that online a few weeks ago. And RVD im sure is just taking time off, hes possibly selling the injury angle sustained by Gunner when he DDT RVD on the concrete floor. Although, I did read RVD's contract is running out soon.

@The Stars Wars themed show, I think you may have missed it. Its was the second of the two shows taped in Wembley. It was hardly a star wars themed show, just had the stars wars theme song for a promo and also showed a DVD promo for star wars.

TheCultOfPersonality

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 21 Feb 2012, 2:48 pm

Interesting news, though I think a few people may be jumping to conclusions here.

Having Sting vs Roode at Victory Road doesn't necessarily mean the Roode v Storm Lockdown match is a foregone conclusion.

The VR fight could simply be a revenge match. In case you missed the Impact show at the weekend, Roode gave Sting a pretty good beating, after he'd announced the Lockdown title match with Storm.

That said, a grudge match isn't really the sort of thing that should be headlining a PPV event, so maybe Storm WILL have to wait a while longer to wear the strap himself.

Anyone think this could be the buildup to Storm becoming champion?

I'm thinking:

Roode wins the Lockdown match with Storm.

Sting beats Roode at Victory Road and gives Storm first shot at the title.

Storm beats Sting at the next PPV (or other) event.

While I am a complete mark for Sting, I would agree he should only be a part-timer, both because of his managerial duties and his age. Doing the above would give Sting one of his few remaining hurrahs - the ageing good guy teaching the nasty young whippersnapper some manners and humility.

Then obviously beating a wrestler with Sting's reputation (who can still cut it during occasional appearances) would help legitimise Storm as the new champ.

Looking further ahead into my crystal ball, I then foresee Roode turning face and reforming Beer Money with Storm. Whistle

Or am I just talking out of my backside?
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 21 Feb 2012, 3:01 pm

For the record, I think it'd make more sense for Storm to win the belt by beating Roode, but if Sting's getting involved, the above seems a sensible course of action (also allowing Stinger to get some revenge on Roode).
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCultOfPersonality Tue 21 Feb 2012, 6:30 pm

@dyrewolfe, the Lockdown PPV is after the Victory Road PPV so I doubt will be seeing Sting/Storm down the line however I do see them building up Storm to win the title at Lockdown, similar to how Roode was built up for BFG prior to his match with Angle.

TheCultOfPersonality

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 21 Feb 2012, 9:00 pm

TheCultOfPersonality wrote:@dyrewolfe, the Lockdown PPV is after the Victory Road PPV so I doubt will be seeing Sting/Storm down the line however I do see them building up Storm to win the title at Lockdown, similar to how Roode was built up for BFG prior to his match with Angle.

Eh? Why would they announce a title match that far down the road?

Oh well, just reverse the events in my first two stages then. I don't know how the scheduling works with these things and when it was announced I just automatically assumed Lockdown was the next big event.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 21 Feb 2012, 10:41 pm

Yeah DW, that's why I said the Roode/Sting match is a forgone conclusion

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 22 Feb 2012, 1:49 pm

the-gaffer wrote:Yeah DW, that's why I said the Roode/Sting match is a forgone conclusion

Only if its a title match. I don't recall anyone saying if it was or not.

Roode's had a few non-title fights, including tag team matches, that he's lost. As long as its not for the belt, it just gives Sting some revenge for Roode beating him up at the end of the last Impact show.

But again it raises the question, why would you have that as a main event at a PPV event? Okay, you have the world champion taking on an icon (as well as The Icon Wink ) which I guess is quite interesting, but the Sting / Roode feud is about power and who is really running the show...something that would eventually be settled out of the ring.

Unless, it was one of those matches with stipulations (similar to the "Lose and you Walk" matches Jeff Hardy was involved in - back when Jeff Jarrett was trying to get him kicked out).
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mort Wed 22 Feb 2012, 1:54 pm

dyrewolfe

I suppose it could be done in such a way that the only way Roode will agree to the match will be if he wins, Sting walks away.

Mort

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Wed 22 Feb 2012, 2:02 pm

Mort wrote:dyrewolfe

I suppose it could be done in such a way that the only way Roode will agree to the match will be if he wins, Sting walks away.

Exactly what i was thinking.

Sting tweeted "I'm done" or something along those lines a week back.

Let Roode retire Sting and he looks even better.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 22 Feb 2012, 2:48 pm

Hmm.

Perhaps Mr Borden's not enjoying being in management. A lot of Roode's talk about "spitting in the face of authority" has made it sound like he intends to win the power struggle.

I suppose the problem with having a former wrestler in charge is that when their authority is challenged, there will be pressure to have them get back in the ring.

It'll be a shame if he goes, as I've enjoyed the way he's run Impact. I suppose that means Roode / Immortal will take their place as top dogs and Eric Bischoff takes over the reins.

Of course that sets the scene for a rebuilding of Fortune, possibly with Hogan and Garrett Bischoff leading the fightback?
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mort Wed 22 Feb 2012, 2:55 pm

dyrewolfe

There was a segment a couple of weeks ago where Hogan and Sting were talking and Hogan was offerring help. Could Hogan come back as "authority" in a similar role to what Sting is doing now leaving Sting free to retire or wrestle full time?

Mort

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 27 Feb 2012, 1:55 pm

Well, anything's possible in the weird and wonderful world of pro wrestling.

However, going from last night's Impact, it doesn't look like Stinger's going anywhere.

Turns out his "I'm done" comments on Twitter, were deliberately misleading. Roode and everyone else was meant to take it that he'd had enough of the wrestling business. Instead what he meant was that he was done with taking crap from Roode...setting the scene for their Victory Road match.

I do love it when the Insane Icon is let off the leash. Laugh

Of course, he could still retire after that, depending on the outcome.

I still wouldn't say its a foregone conclusion, especially if its not a title match (that wasn't made clear last night). Also wasn't clear whether there would be any stipulations.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mort Tue 28 Feb 2012, 12:13 pm

dyrewolfe

I think Sting should stay but should not beat Roode and certainly not for the title. Maybe using Aries tweet we could see a fued between them. Would certainly help elevate Aries while keeping Sting away from World title picture.

In past year Sting has taken title from Hardy and Anderson, not a great way to build up superstars by having an ageing Sting beat them.

Mort

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 28 Feb 2012, 2:25 pm

Indeed not.

It wouldn't make sense for it to be a title match, given that Roode is scheduled to defend the title against Storm at Lockdown.

Thats why I see it being a non-title fight, as that would give Sting the chance to avenge his beating. This feud has been building a while and the fans I think would certainly love to see Sting get one over Roode, just to re-assert his authority. Roode has lost a few non-title fights since he became champion, so it wouldn't be a first.

In fact, after last week's Impact show, (the Robbie E v AJ Styles TV title match in particular), I'm thinking they could even make it a title fight, but have Sting win by DQ, so Roode keeps the belt.

That way Sting gets some revenge, Roode keeps his "win at all costs heel" character intact and builds nicely for his showdown with Storm.

I'd even be tempted to put money on it.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 28 Feb 2012, 2:29 pm

Indeed not.

It wouldn't make sense for it to be a title match, given that Roode is scheduled to defend the title against Storm at Lockdown.

Thats why I see it being a non-title fight, as that would give Sting the chance to avenge his beating. This feud has been building a while and the fans I think would certainly love to see Sting get one over Roode, just to re-assert his authority. Roode has lost a few non-title fights since he became champion, so it wouldn't be a first.

In fact, after last week's Impact show, (the Robbie E v AJ Styles TV title match in particular), I'm thinking they could even make it a title fight, but have Sting win by DQ, so Roode keeps the belt.

That way Sting gets some revenge, Roode keeps his "win at all costs heel" character intact and builds nicely for his showdown with Storm.

I'd even be tempted to put money on it.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down