The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible spoiler alert - Who is better?

+8
psycho-gooner
sodhat
BlueDragon1205
theundisputedY2D2
uberkiwi
Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF
Samo
Mr Video Man
12 posters

Go down

Who is better?

Possible spoiler alert - Who is better? Vote_lcap24%Possible spoiler alert - Who is better? Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 10 ]
Possible spoiler alert - Who is better? Vote_lcap76%Possible spoiler alert - Who is better? Vote_rcap 76% 
[ 32 ]

Total Votes : 42

Possible spoiler alert - Who is better? Empty * mini spoiler* is shawn better?

Post by Mr Video Man Tue 20 Mar 2012, 11:11 am

since the undertaker said on raw that shawn is better than triple h i thought i would ask the question on here.....in your opinion is shawn michaels better than triple h? as an all round wrestler/entertainer i think he is as his matches are alot more exciting
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Possible spoiler alert - Who is better? Empty Re: Possible spoiler alert - Who is better?

Post by Samo Tue 20 Mar 2012, 11:12 am

Head and heels above Triple H. No question about it. The only thing that Hunter has on HBK is he mostly delivers better promos.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Possible spoiler alert - Who is better? Empty Re: Possible spoiler alert - Who is better?

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Tue 20 Mar 2012, 11:27 am

To quote the dead man:

"He is"

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Possible spoiler alert - Who is better? Empty Possible spoiler alert - Who is better?

Post by Guest Tue 20 Mar 2012, 11:59 am

After Undertaker's revelation that Shawn is better than HHH, what are your views?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Mar 2012, 12:00 pm

ill set up the poll!

Back to top Go down

Post by uberkiwi Tue 20 Mar 2012, 12:38 pm

If HHH didnt marry the bosses daughter, this question wouldn't of ever been asked.

Shawn is different gravy.

uberkiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Tue 20 Mar 2012, 12:41 pm

Thank goodness it isn't Stephanie McMahon-Khali

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 20 Mar 2012, 1:52 pm

Shawn Michaels every day of the week, twice on Sunday.

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF wrote:Thank goodness it isn't Stephanie McMahon-Khali

That would still be better than Stephanie McMahon-Cena though, wouldn't it?!?

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueDragon1205 Tue 20 Mar 2012, 2:05 pm

HHH, sorry, but i just prefare him.

HBK doesn't draw me in like he does everyone else, before anyone even says that HHH is a company guy, Yes he is, and he's deamn proud of it.

But HBK spent years pretending not to be, when he's been Vince's b*tch just as much as Hunter all along, only difference is, HHH got a wife and kids out of the old man.
BlueDragon1205
BlueDragon1205

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 20 Mar 2012, 2:08 pm

HBK has always been better for me, and although HHH can point to being more decorated, HBK will always be ahead in the legend stakes.

He dragged top class matches from opponent after opponent, 'retired' Ric Flair, and finally gave Taker the iconic Streak matches that were lacking.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Tue 20 Mar 2012, 8:22 pm

I voted Shawn, but I reckon Triple H is arguably one of the greatest heels of all time.

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 Tue 20 Mar 2012, 11:19 pm

In the ring, no question, Shawn. Everything from his offense to his selling to his psychology to his facials...it's just perfect.

Promo-wise, HHH takes it for me, mainly for how good he is as a heel.

In terms of versatility, I again have to go with HHH. He's been a posh heel (admittedly crap), a funny face, a serious face, a ruthless heel, a cowardly heel...the guy's done it all, and for the most part he's done it well. I always got the impression with Shawn that no matter whether he was heel or face, he was still undeniably Shawn...not neccesarily a bad thing when you consider just who the hell he is, but I've felt for a long time that Trips is the most versatile man on the roster.

As far as lasting legacy goes, I think Shawn edges it...just. HHH has had some truly legendary matches and angles, just look at his programs with Mick Foley and Steve Austin. He, along with Taker, defined Hell in a Cell, and in my view, perfected the street fight when he took on Foley at MSG. But I think Shawn will always be remembered, whereas 50 years down the line, I'm not sure if Trips will be one of those legendary names that just rolls off the tongue when talking wrestling.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 20 Mar 2012, 11:53 pm

Hbk over HHH for me, but that said for me HBK is the best ever, only Angle and Savage come close

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 21 Mar 2012, 7:56 am

HHH wins a vote for versatility?
Really?
Even when he's face, he still plays the role of a heel!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Wed 21 Mar 2012, 11:51 am

This is one of those apples and oranges questions that normally cannot be answered, but even a blind man would be able to see that HBK is not only superior but about 2 divisions above HHH.

For me HHH's problem has always been one of having to prove himself. The desperation he seems to have to prove/show how good he is, means that in every significant match he has been involved in post 1999 Heel turn, Hunter has been booked stronger than his opponent (except Batista and Benoit) or given every opportunity to tell his story. Unfortuantely several times this has meant his ego has actually prevented him from having a better match or fued. (See Jericho, Steiner, Booker T, Randy Orton, Nash, Punk etc)

Sure Michaels had an ego that compromised his work, but never the quality of his own performance. (The Iron Man Match with Bret Hart being the major exception but seriously I can't blame him for that if Bret was dogging on putting him over).

Michaels could turn a throwaway match on RAW into something special through his in-ring ability. Hunter always seems to need everything going for him and his feuds to get things to the level where matches become classic moments.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down