The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who would win Cooper or Haye??

+22
compelling and rich
Colonial Lion
Rowley
Fists of Fury
milkyboy
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
md_fan
rapidringsroad
NathanDB10
OasisBFC
Boxtthis
88Chris05
AlexHuckerby
Golbaboy
ShahenshahG
manos de piedra
HumanWindmill
Gordy
Imperial Ghosty
Adam D
TRUSSMAN66
Waingro
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who would win Haye or Cooper??

Who would win Cooper or Haye?? - Page 2 Vote_lcap57%Who would win Cooper or Haye?? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 57% 
[ 16 ]
Who would win Cooper or Haye?? - Page 2 Vote_lcap43%Who would win Cooper or Haye?? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 28

Who would win Cooper or Haye?? - Page 2 Empty Who would win Cooper or Haye??

Post by Waingro Sun 08 Jan 2012, 11:44 am

First topic message reminder :

There was a recent article that mentioned Cooper it reminded me that this was a great british heavyweight. Cooper as we know almost beat Ali there fight he caught Ali with a massive left hook that almost knocked him out his corner had to split his glove to buy him extra time. A bit naughty from Alis corner tbh but he is the best boxer of all time so i will give him a break. What a win that would have been for Cooper though and how many guys can say they knocked down Ali?? Many people believe Cooper was very unfortunate not to win a world title.

Haye is another of our quality heavyweights who unlike Cooper won a world title. But many people believe Haye was at his best at cruiserweight where he was one of the greatest cruiserweights of all time. Here is the thing to remember though Cooper was also a very small heavyweight he was not much bigger than Haye so this fight could be at cruiserweight or heavyweight!

This would be an all British heavyweight clash I would love to see. Who would win? Very hard to say I think. Haye has the advatage in speed maybe that would make the difference but who could rule out Cooper if he lands that left hook on Haye he could end it right there because Haye would not be able to get up like Ali did imo. Who would you say wins this fight??

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Who would win Cooper or Haye?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who would win Cooper or Haye??

Post by manos de piedra Tue 10 Jan 2012, 4:53 pm

I think Colonial Lion is right in the respect that the respective records of the two is a bit misleading. I also agree with him on Hayes supposed technical ability. But as milkyboy said, with Cooper its pretty clear where he sits. With Haye it isnt. We can safely say neither are elite or even the level below that but I would back Haye to make a better fist of things against similar level opponents and while we cant assume Haye would beat the likes of Johanson and Patterson its hard to imagine him doing any worse than Cooper did and easy enough to imagine him doing a bit better. I dont think Haye would have the same conservatism against Cooper as he showed in his other heavyweight contests where he was outsized and based his gameplan around being elusive and pot shotting.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2