The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holyfield v Cooper - Would Cooper have been the worst Heavyweight champ of alltime?

5 posters

Go down

Holyfield v Cooper - Would Cooper have been the worst Heavyweight champ of alltime? Empty Holyfield v Cooper - Would Cooper have been the worst Heavyweight champ of alltime?

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 28 Mar 2012, 1:52 pm

Up to that point!!

Big Holyfield fan but I always thought he got a little lucky when he was on the ropes..very contentious and one whack away from maybe losing the crown...certainly he was completely stunned and the referee made a controversial decision!!

Cooper had lost to Moorer..Truth Williams....to name but a few although he'd also defeated some less endowed adversaries too it has to be said!!

In fairness though Holy gave Cooper a real battering which brings me to my point....It's a fair case to say Holy lucked out a little and for me it's a fair question to ask If .....had he not done so.........

Would Cooper have been the Worst heavyweight Champion of alltime??? up---to----that---point!!

Or could he stand aside Primo...Harty and the like?????????

For me the WORST of alltime had he finished the job.................

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Holyfield v Cooper - Would Cooper have been the worst Heavyweight champ of alltime? Empty Re: Holyfield v Cooper - Would Cooper have been the worst Heavyweight champ of alltime?

Post by hazharrison Wed 28 Mar 2012, 3:22 pm

He'd certainly rank alongside the aforementioned Hart as well as Leon Spinks and Shannon Briggs (who was the man who beat the man, despite the lack of an alphabet belt when outpointing Big George).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Holyfield v Cooper - Would Cooper have been the worst Heavyweight champ of alltime? Empty Re: Holyfield v Cooper - Would Cooper have been the worst Heavyweight champ of alltime?

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 28 Mar 2012, 3:35 pm

Good to see you Haz......Big George was after Holy though......

Sad to see your Man is still fighting for a living!!!

Tragic..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 28 Mar 2012, 3:38 pm

Hey mate. Linear line went:

Tyson
Douglas
Holyfield
Bowe
Holyfield
Moorer
Foreman
Briggs
Lewis

Holyfield's off my Xmas card list since the "Evan Fields" fiasco. Throws a shadow over everything he accomplished (for me, at least).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 28 Mar 2012, 3:44 pm

Cooper is in my top ten ATG heavies.

He would have made a great champ as he was fearless and had the greatest uppercut and left hook in boxing.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 28 Mar 2012, 3:50 pm

"Would Cooper have been the Worst heavyweight champ up to that point???"

But I take what you are saying Mate...hope you're okay.. we could do with you back on these boards...

Not sure If you are joking ONETWO........

which sayeth volumes!!Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 28 Mar 2012, 3:56 pm

I meant to say he is in my top ten exciting heavies.

Cooper for his entertainment levels would have been a great champ. The slug fest with Moorer was one of the best fights of the 90's, what he did to that Italian guy with the uppercut. He could attack but was rubbish with defence really good pro who beat Holy.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 28 Mar 2012, 4:11 pm

You're forgiven my Roxbury-brother..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by EdWoodjr Wed 28 Mar 2012, 6:11 pm

Cooper's slugfest with Mercer was brutal and memorable. Sad to say, Cooper's still looking for one last payday.

EdWoodjr

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 28 Mar 2012, 6:25 pm

Should be glad he wasn't taxed over here old Bert or he'd be in an even worse position..

50% or 45% for higher incomes.....and my brothers back home are moaning paying the tax they are.........

Bert liked his sherbet.....unfortunately and it is tragic...

To take so much and have so little return....

It's a shame some pension plan can't be implemented..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidringsroad Thu 29 Mar 2012, 9:52 pm

Agree with you there Truss, Holyfield was given a standing 8 count in that fight when the rules didn't allow for one. Though he did come to his senses later in the fight and stop Cooper he was a bit lucky that Mills Lane saved him.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down