The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Racism

+5
dondelero
Josiah Maiestas
braveheart101
Stella
d260005p
9 posters

Go down

Racism Empty Racism

Post by d260005p Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:08 pm

Afternoon fellow footy fans.

After the recent breaking news of Luis Suarez being convicted and found guilty of Racial Abuse to Patrice Evra, what kind of consequences do you think John Terry will face comparison to Suarez's 8 game ban and small fine (in footballing terms!)......if convicted and found guilty of another Racial Abuse case?

Now that it has gone to court, he will be double-barrelled by both the crown prosection AND the FA.

I feel that a rather large fine and a lengthy ban PLUS another fine would suffice along with being banned from the England squad.

Something should be done to make an example out of these 2 players after their racial slurs.

Suarez has been taken care of, now lets see if John Terry faces the same type of punishment.

Views please?

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Racism Empty Re: Racism

Post by Stella Wed 21 Dec 2011, 3:24 pm

He should get the same punishment I guess?

Plus

Stripped of the England captaincy.

I will add that I do not believe he is a racist. People say things in teh heat of the moment and JT said the wrong thing.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Wed 21 Dec 2011, 5:14 pm

d260005p wrote:Afternoon fellow footy fans.

After the recent breaking news of Luis Suarez being convicted and found guilty of Racial Abuse to Patrice Evra, what kind of consequences do you think John Terry will face comparison to Suarez's 8 game ban and small fine (in footballing terms!)......if convicted and found guilty of another Racial Abuse case?

Now that it has gone to court, he will be double-barrelled by both the crown prosection AND the FA.

I feel that a rather large fine and a lengthy ban PLUS another fine would suffice along with being banned from the England squad.

Something should be done to make an example out of these 2 players after their racial slurs.

Suarez has been taken care of, now lets see if John Terry faces the same type of punishment.

Views please?
Apparently Terry will only get a £2500 fine. If he is found guilty then surely he should receive the same punishment as Suarez. Why should he be treated more leniently because he is England Captain

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 21 Dec 2011, 6:00 pm

Think JT getting better treatment might have something to do with it being his first such incident with over 10 years experience in the EPL. With Suarez he's only been here 1 season and gotten into controversy.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Wed 21 Dec 2011, 6:14 pm

It's only Suarez's first such incident in England as well so if both are found guilty they should recieve the same punishment. It's not as if Terry has been a saint in the past 10 years. He is one of the worst for berating referee's as well as his off field antics

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by dondelero Wed 21 Dec 2011, 6:27 pm

The problem here is that this is something that will probably happen again even with all these propsed bans and fines for players who are found guilty of racist incidents.

The FA is missing the point of all of this. Why does Suarez, Terry etc have these views? They need to get at the root of the problem, it is obviously to do with upbringing and culture. Just because they get banned does that necessarily mean it won't happen to them again?

Players who have been brought up this way need to be educated by their clubs and other organisations about other races, and helped to understand, that just because another maybe different in colour it doesn't mean that they should be abused. Now this is difficult because this education needs to overturn years of negative views that players like this have probably had since childhood.

In Terry and Suarez's cases maybe the FA should not just ban them but look at giving them some kind of equality and diversity training so even though these views are ingrained, they may learn how to view other races more positively.

Last edited by dondelero on Wed 21 Dec 2011, 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : punctuation error)

dondelero

Back to top Go down

Post by johnson2 Wed 21 Dec 2011, 11:16 pm

Do people actually care that much about racism. I am a season ticket holder and travel across the country watching my team. In every ground I have been to I hear racist comments and, frankly, I dont care.

Is it offensive... possibly, but do grown men really get offended by it? Guess i have always been told to ignore such pathetic attempts for attention, they will eventually get bored.

johnson2

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu 22 Dec 2011, 12:46 am

johnson2 wrote:Do people actually care that much about racism. I am a season ticket holder and travel across the country watching my team. In every ground I have been to I hear racist comments and, frankly, I dont care.

Is it offensive... possibly, but do grown men really get offended by it? Guess i have always been told to ignore such pathetic attempts for attention, they will eventually get bored.

I'd say if you are on the receiving end you do.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Thu 22 Dec 2011, 5:39 am

The whole £2500 fine thing with John Terry is all that he can get from the courts. The FA will launch it's own investigation after based on the findings there.

I think if anything he should be treated more harshly than Suarez. You say that Suarez has only been in the country a season and gotten into trouble, but you could also argue that he still doesn't fully understand what is seen as socially acceptable or not. John Terry can have no such excuse and as England captain is subject to much more scrutiny, I for one would like to see a lengthy ban for him.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 22 Dec 2011, 6:35 am

I am writing this from New Zealand,and this incident is big on our sports news down here today (the rugby season is over), but what amazes me is that no news reports (that we are getting) actually seem to know what was said,yet when I read these postings on 606v2 it appears that he has been proven guilty and the only matter left to be decided is penalty.
Does anyone up there know what was said?????

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Thu 22 Dec 2011, 6:53 am

aucklandlaurie wrote: I am writing this from New Zealand,and this incident is big on our sports news down here today (the rugby season is over), but what amazes me is that no news reports (that we are getting) actually seem to know what was said,yet when I read these postings on 606v2 it appears that he has been proven guilty and the only matter left to be decided is penalty.
Does anyone up there know what was said?????

There is just specualtion at the moment with regards to what Suarez said, as for John Terry, it is quite clear what he said if you watch any video footage of the incident.

Last edited by trottb on Thu 22 Dec 2011, 6:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I am a pillock)

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 22 Dec 2011, 7:02 am

Trott
On oursports news tonight (half a dozen channels) they pixeled out Mr. Terry's mouth.so you couldnt lip read, the thing if it is just speculation it is going right around the world.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Thu 22 Dec 2011, 7:07 am

John Terry can be clearly seen saying the words "black c***"

But his defense is he said I never called you a ...

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 22 Dec 2011, 7:22 am

Thanks for that Trott.
Going to be interesting to see if the black guy gives evidence for the prosecution or the defense.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Thu 22 Dec 2011, 7:29 am

By all accounts Anton Ferdinand, who the comment was aimed at, didn't actually hear it at the time.

The police investiagtion stems from a member of the public lodging a complaint about it.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down