The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football racism

+13
Il Gialloblu
Derbyblue
Liam
TopHat24/7
Duty281
dondelero
eirebilly
JamesLincs
The Special Juan
mystiroakey
Crimey
GSC
azania
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Football racism Empty Football racism

Post by azania Fri 25 May 2012, 9:15 pm

Walcott#s family are not attending. Oxlade-Chamberlain's family are not attending, Lescott's family also not attending. The foreign office has issued warnings for black and asian fans should take care when going theere. If the bigot's throw out racist insults atthe French, English. Portuguese and other black players, would they be justified in walking and refusing to play?

What is it about football that attracts the lowest common denominator within society?

azania

Back to top Go down

Football racism Empty Re: Football racism

Post by Guest Fri 25 May 2012, 9:24 pm

It is disgusting I agree. I'd love to see players actually take a stand and leave the pitch and I don't see what UEFA and FIFA could do about it if they did.

What a sad world we live in..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 May 2012, 9:40 pm

I think Chris Kamara commented in his book that whilst summarising a game at Villa Park he heard no end of racial abuse aimed at Emile Heskey and when he turned around to look at the guilty party they retorted "we don't mean you Kammy."

Just shows how thick the average football fan can be.

I am a massive football fan but it's embarrassing reading this kind of thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 25 May 2012, 10:28 pm

Could only be an isolated case though, not as if we're playing a WC in Russia....

Oh wait.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 25 May 2012, 10:46 pm

FreekShow wrote:It is disgusting I agree. I'd love to see players actually take a stand and leave the pitch and I don't see what UEFA and FIFA could do about it if they did.

I can't see any of the English black players doing that though. Now the Dutch. That's another matter. I can see them walking and the whole Dutch team following. French also.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 25 May 2012, 11:58 pm

Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:Could only be an isolated case though, not as if we're playing a WC in Russia....

Oh wait.

Yeah but at least there won't be any discrimination at the World Cup afterwards....

Oh wait.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 26 May 2012, 3:52 pm

azania wrote:
FreekShow wrote:It is disgusting I agree. I'd love to see players actually take a stand and leave the pitch and I don't see what UEFA and FIFA could do about it if they did.

I can't see any of the English black players doing that though. Now the Dutch. That's another matter. I can see them walking and the whole Dutch team following. French also.

Would you like to explain your reasoning behind that odd comment?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 26 May 2012, 6:56 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
azania wrote:

The Dutch players have a history of protests and independent thoughts. Didn't Cryuff refuse to go to the 1978 world cup in protest to the Argentine Right Wing Junta? I remember one tournament (euro 1996( where I think it was Shearer saying that the Dutch players will always protest because they are very intelligent individuals. What that says about the non protest from English players and their intelligence (or lack of) is another matter,

English players will always tow the line. Suck it up in silence or be accused of having a chip on their shoulder.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sat 26 May 2012, 6:57 pm

It's hard to get rid of racism when a few players are at it as well.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 26 May 2012, 6:59 pm

Sorry the dutch just wouldnt do it- to much respect for there fans and manager. The french may walk of one day- but that would be nothing to do with a serious matter- it would be becuase they had a tiff between themselves

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 26 May 2012, 7:05 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Sorry the dutch just wouldnt do it- to much respect for there fans and manager. The french may walk of one day- but that would be nothing to do with a serious matter- it would be becuase they had a tiff between themselves

Maybe I'm going back to the days of Davids, Rikyard, Gullit etc.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 May 2012, 7:11 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/2798090/Racial-abuse-aimed-at-Emile-Heskey-by-Croatia-fans-reported-to-Fifa-Football.html

Now if I was the manager and any of this aimed at one of my players I'd have ordered my players off the field. But that's me...

Respect for the manager and fans? What about respect for yourself as a human being. It's not as if you are going to get bashed for it, in fact you'd be universally applauded.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 26 May 2012, 7:14 pm

are you doing that thing again freek?

Face the facts no footballer is gonna walk of the pitch infront of racist abuse from fans- i almost wish they would, but there wont. Countries with a recent history of racism shouldnt get to hold these events, unless there have prooved to making clear progress

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 May 2012, 7:26 pm

Sometimes mystri you come over as arrogant and condescending. What does prooved mean? You got me there..

Every (white) footballing country in the world has a history of racist abuse. Guess what kid? It happens over here too. Just banning the game from a certain nation is a pathetic response.

By the way my two kids are half cast and I'd hate to have to miss seeing my son play football due to racists. I feel really sorry for the Walcotts and the Oxlade-Chamberlains.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 26 May 2012, 7:30 pm

what the heck are you talking about?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 26 May 2012, 7:30 pm

Leave personal digs out of it.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Sat 26 May 2012, 7:34 pm

i knew he'd have a dig at your spelling

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 26 May 2012, 7:36 pm

azania wrote:

This was discussed on the Dutch football show this week. The general opinion is that there is no way that the Dutch players would leave the field as they feel that playing on under racist abuse was the best option. If they were to walk off then the racists would win. Former players Van Hooijdonk and Kluivert interviewed the coloured players of the Dutch team and this was their response.

Last edited by eirebilly on Sat 26 May 2012, 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 26 May 2012, 7:37 pm

Kinda typical for someone that needs to escalate a discussion to find a cheap angle when its not going well

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 26 May 2012, 7:38 pm

eirebilly wrote:
azania wrote:

This was discussed on the Dutch football show this week. The eneral opinion is that there is no way that the Dutch players would leave the field as they feel that playing on under racist abuse was the best option. If they were to walk off then the racists would win. Former players Van Hooijdonk and Kluivert interviewed the coloured players of the Dutch team and this was their response.

My point excatly and thanks for clarifying it. I understand you didnt do it for my benefit Wink but cheers for the dutch insight.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 26 May 2012, 7:42 pm

mystiroakey wrote:are you doing that thing again freek?

Face the facts no footballer is gonna walk of the pitch infront of racist abuse from fans- i almost wish they would, but there wont. Countries with a recent history of racism shouldnt get to hold these events, unless there have prooved to making clear progress

Samuel Eto'o did it when playing for Barca. Or threatened to do it. Even the opposing players supported him plus the officials.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 26 May 2012, 7:44 pm

eirebilly wrote:
azania wrote:

This was discussed on the Dutch football show this week. The general opinion is that there is no way that the Dutch players would leave the field as they feel that playing on under racist abuse was the best option. If they were to walk off then the racists would win. Former players Van Hooijdonk and Kluivert interviewed the coloured players of the Dutch team and this was their response.

Erm

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 26 May 2012, 7:45 pm

azania wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:are you doing that thing again freek?

Samuel Eto'o did it when playing for Barca. Or threatened to do it. Even the opposing players supported him plus the officials.

Yeah he started to walk of didnt he- but i dont think he went through with it- i remember that

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 26 May 2012, 7:46 pm

azania wrote:
eirebilly wrote:
azania wrote:

Erm

Ok, your point is?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 May 2012, 7:48 pm

Coloured is a bit taboo over here.

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 26 May 2012, 7:50 pm

Ok, my apologies. Its a very common and acceptable term in Holland and what the programe was called. I am only saying exactly what they said and how they described themselves.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 May 2012, 7:53 pm

Alan Hansen got into a bit of trouble on MOTD a few weeks back using the term.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 26 May 2012, 7:54 pm

Ironically AZ highlighted it in Bold Football racism 2211252749

come on guys, no need to get overly PC

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 26 May 2012, 7:54 pm

Oh ok, it was not my intention to be offensive.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sat 26 May 2012, 7:55 pm

eirebilly wrote:Ok, my apologies. Its a very common and acceptable term in Holland and what the programe was called. I am only saying exactly what they said and how they described themselves.

It's common in a lot of European countries apparently.

Last edited by TSC on Sat 26 May 2012, 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 May 2012, 7:55 pm

mystiroakey, lets make up. Hug

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 26 May 2012, 7:55 pm

Football racism 769663

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 26 May 2012, 8:44 pm

eirebilly wrote:
azania wrote:
eirebilly wrote:
azania wrote:

Erm

Ok, your point is?

I was born black.
When I'm sick I stay black
When I'm cold I stay black
When I die I stay black

You are white
You were born pink
When you're ill you go ashen
When you're cold you go blue
When you get embarrassed you go red
When you die to go grey

Who is coloured?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 26 May 2012, 8:46 pm

eirebilly wrote:Oh ok, it was not my intention to be offensive.

No worries.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 26 May 2012, 9:00 pm

azania wrote:
eirebilly wrote:
azania wrote:
eirebilly wrote:
azania wrote:

Football racism 57983

Ok, your point is?

I was born black.
When I die I stay black

You are white
You were born pink
When you die to go grey

Who is coloured?

probally us whities lol

you missed out that we go a nice tan colour in the sun..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 26 May 2012, 9:02 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
azania wrote:
eirebilly wrote:
azania wrote:
eirebilly wrote:
azania wrote:

Football racism 57983

Ok, your point is?

I was born black.
When I die I stay black

You are white
You were born pink
When you die to go grey

Who is coloured?

probally us whities lol

you missed out that we go a nice tan colour in the sun..

I have another for that. But...... Football anyone?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 26 May 2012, 9:04 pm

we also have different colour hair??

All we can do is hope taht the racist numpties dont ruin the event!! Football racism 589312

and that as england fans we all wont be Football racism 980425 (red emabarresed and angry)

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 26 May 2012, 9:11 pm

All it will take is for one player to walk or a team refusing to come out for the second half. FIFA will be stuffed. I wonder if Blatter will have something to say about it. Will a handshake suffice?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 May 2012, 9:26 pm

I could actually see Mario Ballotelli walking no problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 27 May 2012, 12:34 pm

If the racial abuse goes ahead, I hope players make a stand and walk. No-one can do anything to them.

azania

Back to top Go down

Football racism Empty Euro 2012 - Is it safe?

Post by dondelero Mon 28 May 2012, 9:46 am

Sol Campbell is reported to have warned fans that they may be victims of racist attacks if they travel to Poland and Ukraine. Also familes of Theo Walcott and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain are reportedly staying away due to the risk. Why did the authorities allow this situation? It is well known that ethnic people in general will never be welcomed in places such as Poland and Ukraine as has been proved in the past when black players have been racially abused etc. Surely the authorities must be aware of the risk for ethnic poeple to travel to these types of places, yet they allowed them to host a European tournament, knowing that neo-nazism is rife across those places. With this in view it is probably very unsafe for fans to travel over there especially if they are of an ethnic background.

Last edited by dondelero on Mon 28 May 2012, 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)

dondelero

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 28 May 2012, 10:01 am

I am sure it will be quite safe

However i agree , places like that should be given an anti racism plan if they are given these events and they should have to abide by them

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 28 May 2012, 10:17 am

Ultimately the hosts have too much riding on this to allow it. The fact that ethic people in general are being warned is a sign of the problem however.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 28 May 2012, 11:00 am

We'll be asking the same questions when the World Cup in 2018 because that's in Russia and the same when 2022 rolls around. The simple answer is no, Ukraine is not safe and nor is Poland. The situation over there is something similar to English football in the 80s - full of racists and hooligans who love to cause trouble. Even if you're a white foreigner you're probably not safe. Italy had also bid for Euro 2012 and in the interests of safety it should have been held there.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 28 May 2012, 1:33 pm

azania wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:
azania wrote:

The Dutch players have a history of protests and independent thoughts. Didn't Cryuff refuse to go to the 1978 world cup in protest to the Argentine Right Wing Junta? I remember one tournament (euro 1996( where I think it was Shearer saying that the Dutch players will always protest because they are very intelligent individuals. What that says about the non protest from English players and their intelligence (or lack of) is another matter,

English players will always tow the line. Suck it up in silence or be accused of having a chip on their shoulder.

G Nev's red revolution would disagree...

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 28 May 2012, 1:41 pm

azania wrote:
eirebilly wrote:
azania wrote:
eirebilly wrote:
azania wrote:

Erm

Ok, your point is?

I was born black.
When I die I stay black

You are white
You were born pink
When you die to go grey

Who is coloured?

haha funny that, I used to work with a nigerian guy who told me exactly the same story/reasoning. Have thought of it that way ever since.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 28 May 2012, 1:50 pm

Crimey wrote:
Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:Could only be an isolated case though, not as if we're playing a WC in Russia....

Oh wait.

Yeah but at least there won't be any discrimination at the World Cup afterwards....

Oh wait.

I think that about sums it up thought tbh. Racism is intrinsic in football and the leaders have little interest in doing anything about it - presumably because they don't care and/or it fits with their own personal views.

Weren't Chelsea or City fined more for being 1 minute late onto the pitch after half-time in a European fixture than the other club were for their fans hurling racist abuse?

The most powerful countries in European football (namely Italy and Spain) all have racism problems ingrained into society, whether it's Lazio fans doing monkey chants to British players of afro-carribean origin or Spaniards thinking it's ok to turn up to Grand Prix's dressed as golly-wogs impersonating Hamilton's family. Neither offence was particularly punished.

We've currently got a Euro championships held in racist European countries (though, having visited both, Ukraine is much much worse) and Fifa go and award future world cups to equally bigoted Russia and off-scale bigoted Qatar. And what does Blatter do? He thinks it's all a joke. Homosexuality is illegal and Blatter just suggests trying 'not to be so guy' whilst fans are over there. It's abusrd and whole system is corrupt and I don't see it changing in our lifetimes.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 28 May 2012, 1:50 pm

Posted on the other thread:

Crimey wrote:

Oh wait.

Oh wait.

I think that about sums it up thought tbh. Racism is intrinsic in football and the leaders have little interest in doing anything about it - presumably because they don't care and/or it fits with their own personal views.

Weren't Chelsea or City fined more for being 1 minute late onto the pitch after half-time in a European fixture than the other club were for their fans hurling racist abuse?

The most powerful countries in European football (namely Italy and Spain) all have racism problems ingrained into society, whether it's Lazio fans doing monkey chants to British players of afro-carribean origin or Spaniards thinking it's ok to turn up to Grand Prix's dressed as golly-wogs impersonating Hamilton's family. Neither offence was particularly punished.

We've currently got a Euro championships held in racist European countries (though, having visited both, Ukraine is much much worse) and Fifa go and award future world cups to equally bigoted Russia and off-scale bigoted Qatar. And what does Blatter do? He thinks it's all a joke. Homosexuality is illegal and Blatter just suggests trying 'not to be so guy' whilst fans are over there. It's abusrd and whole system is corrupt and I don't see it changing in our lifetimes.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 28 May 2012, 1:52 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Posted on the other thread:

Crimey wrote:

Oh wait.

Oh wait.

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

Very very true. (It was City v Lisbon I think). Blatter only wants 1 thing; money; and he doesn't care what he does to get it.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 28 May 2012, 2:07 pm

Lets not forget Blatters suggestion that racially abused players should shake hands and forget about it.

The guy is a dinosaur with enough political connections to keep his position. The whole thing is corrupt, and yet because theres no oversight they can do what they like. Being on the FIFA anti corruption council must be the easiest job in the world.

Did anything happen to Spain after they racially abused Ashley Cole in a friendly a few years back?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next