The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carl Froch representing UK...biggest fight of the year??

+11
HumanWindmill
Seanusarrilius
BoxingFan88
Steffan
The Galveston Giant
azania
two_tone
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
coxy0001
AlexHuckerby
cave_man_KO
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Carl Froch representing UK...biggest fight of the year?? - Page 2 Empty Carl Froch representing UK...biggest fight of the year??

Post by cave_man_KO Thu 15 Dec 2011, 11:36 am

First topic message reminder :

As we all know, the 1st Super 6 final will be upon us this weekend, and though not without its flaws, i believe the concept should be rolled out to other divisions.

But, thats for another debate...

I think this fight is great for British boxing. There certainly arent many fights that have been of this magnitude in recent times, where the 2 best in a division are fighting each other. Its great to have a Brit involved...with a genuine chance of winning no less.

Unlike the no show Haye and the dissapointment of Khan...I think we all know Froch will give his all in this fight, as he does everytime. And if he shows up with the right gameplan and mindset (more vs abraham than dirrel) we could be in for a cracker.

Whatever the result maybe, we have a fighter who will leave it all in the ring on fight night.

A win for carl puts froch right up with the best of recent british fighters, in the same bracket as Calzaghe and Hatton.

cave_man_KO

Back to top Go down

Carl Froch representing UK...biggest fight of the year?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Carl Froch representing UK...biggest fight of the year??

Post by Steffan Thu 15 Dec 2011, 6:17 pm

I dont wanna get in any trouble so will leave the Froch subject until after the fight

SDB has provided a good enough point for me though

I think Calzaghes records is still better than Frochs

If anyone disagrees then we will have to agree to disagree

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Carl Froch representing UK...biggest fight of the year?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Carl Froch representing UK...biggest fight of the year??

Post by HumanWindmill Thu 15 Dec 2011, 6:21 pm

I don't necessarily disagree with your opinion. You know perfectly well what I was driving at.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 15 Dec 2011, 6:39 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:I don't necessarily disagree with your opinion. You know perfectly well what I was driving at.

Yes well maybe I went overboard. It is my opinion though what I wrote. But as I said I dont wanna get into trouble so will leave this one there

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu 15 Dec 2011, 6:40 pm

Steffan wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:I don't necessarily disagree with your opinion. You know perfectly well what I was driving at.

Yes well maybe I went overboard. It is my opinion though what I wrote. But as I said I dont wanna get into trouble so will leave this one there

And we agree to stick to our deal?

Fine by me, mate. thumbsup

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu 15 Dec 2011, 6:42 pm

Steffan wrote:I dont wanna get in any trouble so will leave the Froch subject until after the fight

SDB has provided a good enough point for me though

I think Calzaghes records is still better than Frochs

If anyone disagrees then we will have to agree to disagree

I'd say I'm usually more moderate than your good self Steffan but I do so oh get fed up with the Froch apologists and conjurers! The type that say if he beats a, b and rematches c, even if he loses to a
but beats c and b or loses to b but beats a and c he's better than Calzaghe!

I would like to wish Froch well actually but his conjuring fans leave me rooting for a Ward win Ale

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 15 Dec 2011, 6:47 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:And we agree to stick to our deal?

Fine by me, mate. thumbsup

All is good then thumbsup

One thing that does get me about the whole Calzaghe thing though (whether it involves Froch or not) is how fighters like Brewer, Mitchell, Reid and Woodhall get overlooked. Personally I think these are very good victories on any record. And lets not forget Omar Sheika had beaten Glen Johnson in his previous fight before Joe stopped him. Plus Eubank was only 31 when he fought Joe. Prehaps I let it wind me up when it shouldnt

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu 15 Dec 2011, 6:50 pm

I believe Calzaghe was a superb fighter, Steffan.

I'm afraid he never had that ' X ' factor to set my pulse racing, but I certainly admired his all round game and adaptability. Took a while for him to win me over, though. I was absolutely certain that Eubank would take him apart that night all those years ago.

Shows what I know.

As to his record, I believe we really are entitled to ask questions, but it's been done to death so I won't run with that particular ball just now.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 15 Dec 2011, 7:01 pm

I picked DeGale to beat Groves. But Groves showed me he is the classier fighter in the long run. Im now a Groves fan and think he will go a long way. If anyone could surpass Joes record (in my opinion) it could be him

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Fri 16 Dec 2011, 5:16 pm

Steffan wrote:I picked DeGale to beat Groves. But Groves showed me he is the classier fighter in the long run. Im now a Groves fan and think he will go a long way. If anyone could surpass Joes record (in my opinion) it could be him

Quite a statement that, don't get me wrong I have alot of time for Groves and in time think he will reach world level but to say he will surpass Calzaghe is a little premature to say the least.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 16 Dec 2011, 5:19 pm

two_tone wrote:
Steffan wrote:I picked DeGale to beat Groves. But Groves showed me he is the classier fighter in the long run. Im now a Groves fan and think he will go a long way. If anyone could surpass Joes record (in my opinion) it could be him

Quite a statement that, don't get me wrong I have alot of time for Groves and in time think he will reach world level but to say he will surpass Calzaghe is a little premature to say the least.

Maybe. But time is on his side. Froch does not have enough time or talent to surpass Joe now but Groves still has the opportunity to do IF he is good enough

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Fri 16 Dec 2011, 5:28 pm

Steffan wrote:
two_tone wrote:

Maybe. But time is on his side. Froch does not have enough time or talent to surpass Joe now but Groves still has the opportunity to do IF he is good enough

Time he does have over Froch, the record he doesnt, say Froch were to beat Ward, Bute and avenge Kessler, his record would top Calzaghes for me. Unbeaten he may have been which was a fantastic acheivement but I dont think he faced the quality Froch would have done. Still this is yet to happen and he has a uphill task already on Sunday morning.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 16 Dec 2011, 5:40 pm

two_tone wrote:Time he does have over Froch, the record he doesnt, say Froch were to beat Ward, Bute and avenge Kessler, his record would top Calzaghes for me. Unbeaten he may have been which was a fantastic acheivement but I dont think he faced the quality Froch would have done. Still this is yet to happen and he has a uphill task already on Sunday morning.

Yes he should be judged after Sunday. And after a fight with Bute in my opinion. I still think Groves has all the makings of a future boxing star though

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Fri 16 Dec 2011, 5:58 pm

Steffan wrote:
two_tone wrote:Time he does have over Froch, the record he doesnt, say Froch were to beat Ward, Bute and avenge Kessler, his record would top Calzaghes for me. Unbeaten he may have been which was a fantastic acheivement but I dont think he faced the quality Froch would have done. Still this is yet to happen and he has a uphill task already on Sunday morning.

Yes he should be judged after Sunday. And after a fight with Bute in my opinion. I still think Groves has all the makings of a future boxing star though

Lets hope Warren doesnt put that horse faced clown ahead of him too much longer otherwise he is likely to be in his shadow for the forseeable future.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 16 Dec 2011, 6:08 pm

two_tone wrote:Lets hope Warren doesnt put that horse faced clown ahead of him too much longer otherwise he is likely to be in his shadow for the forseeable future.

He does look like a horse now you mention it Laugh

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2