The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

--- Rating, Andre Ward vs Carl Froch (fight analysis) ---

3 posters

Go down

--- Rating, Andre Ward vs Carl Froch (fight analysis) --- Empty --- Rating, Andre Ward vs Carl Froch (fight analysis) ---

Post by KO-KING Fri 16 Dec 2011, 4:10 pm

My ratings -

Technical Ability - 8.5 - 7, Ward has the Advantage here, Froch isn't what you call a technicall fighter but it would be wrong to say he has poor technique, he has a excellent jab and his power punches are generally technically sound. Ward on the other hand is what you call a technical fighter, as a boxer he depends on his technical ability to win him fights, he is adapted to fight on the inside and outside.

Defence - 8 - 6, Ward
has the advantage here again, he hardly ever gets with the same combination twice and he adapts his defence well to nullify his opponents offence. This is a area where froch is/was underrated by the fans in general, he is open to overhand rights and fast jabs because of his hands low style However his ackwardness often makes him hard to hit flush.

Offence - 7 - 8, Froch
has the advantage here, he's a fighter who relies on a solid offence to win fights. He's strength and relentless approach makes him a fighter that is hard to push back, he is also adapted to use his jab and box when needed to, Ward is a good offencive fighter but he isn't the most pleasing fighter to watch as he often turns his fights ugly but he finds a way to win.

Footwork - 8 - 7, Ward
has the advantage due to the technical side of his footwork He has good general movement, he finds good angles to counter his oppenents and he is a good ring general. Froch has good footwork when it comes to closing an oppenent down but he has looked slightly stuck on the backfoot when put under pressure (Glen Johnson)

Accuracy - 8 - 7, Ward, he is very accurate when a fighter tries to come in, put no one has yet pushed him to find something extra to win, Froch has good accuracy but not great. He has very accurate jab to the body which can wear down an opponent, also decent combinations

Power - 5.5 - 7.5, Froch although not a massive puncher has a clear advantage here, at the higher levels Froch's power isn't what it used to be against domestic level fighters, his power isn't devastating but is enough to hurt a world class oppenent and put them awat if hurt. Nothing against Andre but he lacks power, he's a good puncher - clean and accurate, but he still finds it hard to hurt a world class opponent even though he hits them clean over and over again but if froch lets ward keep hitting him with over hand rights all night, ward will eventually wear him down.

Speed - 8 - 6.5, Ward,
he has excellent speed. He can throw quick jabs and right hands he can also mix it up with hooks to the body on the inside. Froch although not exactly fast but he isn't slow either, he has quick power jabs to the body and can throw quick hooks when he needs top up the workrate.

Versatility - 7 - 8, Personally think Froch has the advantage here, he has needed to be versatile in some of his fights compared to Ward. He is able to both Box and Slug it out and he does it easily. Ward has had to only box most of his career but he is able to fight on the outside and inside slighly better than froch.

Stamina - 8 - 9
, Both seem to have excellent stamina and its probably even, However you have to go give to Froch due to the fact that he has a higher workrate in his fights, he did tire in the kessler fight but lot of factors went into that fight. Neither fighter seems tired after the full 12.

Heart - 9 -10, Both have great hearts neither have any quit in them. This again could be even but Froch has been in fights where he needed to demonstrate his heart, War vs Pascal, Kessler and coming from behind against taylor. Ward wouldn't back down against Bika who gave him a nightmare but Ward didn't come close to giving in.

Chin - 6 - 9, Froch
Great chin down once and that was against taylor and he wasn't hurt, he has taken bombs from Johnson, Kessler recently, one of the best chins in the business, Ward's chin hasn't often been tested Abraham hiw him around the ear and seemed to hurt him from a single punch and a Bum put him down early on in his career.

Physical Attributes - 8 - 8, Even
and for different reasons, both are strong and I think froch is a bit more stronger than Ward. Froch can control the distance using a excellent jab to the body. Ward like it or not has a effective headbutt, he can hurt and bother an oppenent severerly with it as demonstrated in the kessler fight and he also uses his reach well although not as big as Carl Froch's, he is very effective in clinches and hardly comes of second in a clinch.

Overall - Ward : 7.5 Froch : 7.5

Prediction, shock upset by Froch to take a razor thin decision. To win he needs to turn it into a dog fight, which isn't a easy thing to do against ward but if Froch tries to box Ward he'll lose even if he does it for few rounds he will lose because he would have given away to many points.

Some attributes are missing though such as Cut/Swelling resistance, ring IQ and Corner ect.

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

--- Rating, Andre Ward vs Carl Froch (fight analysis) --- Empty Re: --- Rating, Andre Ward vs Carl Froch (fight analysis) ---

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 16 Dec 2011, 5:15 pm

Technique: 9-7, ward, ward get's hits shots off well and always looks sharp.; Froch has a decent jab but is too stiff and looks clumbersome at times.

Defence;9-6 ward, Ward is never caught with combo's. He controls the range well, takes single shots every now and then but gets his opponent into a good position for him to unload. Froch has a very poor defence imo, his left is far to low and doesn't have the reflexes to get away from punches. Johnson is fairly slow now and ward was landed on all night.

Offence:8-9 froch, froch when he going forward is much better than ward. Ward lets his shots go but clinches often. Froch tee's off whenever he can and lets his punches go

Footwork:8-7 ward, only marginally purely because he as good on the front foot as he is on the back whereas froch can be caught square going back

Power: 5-7 froch: Ward hits his oppoentns so often but they never go down. He has natural strength but is by no means a power puncher. Froch has great natural strength and can push you back but his power has been toned down when he stepped up to world class

accuracy: 9-7 ward, he doesn't miss much while froch can be too wild when he throws big hooks

speed:9-6 ward, froch has very slow hands and ward can be very quick for a super middle.

Versatility:8-7 Froch, ward was the aggressor vs green but froch has showed different styles vs johnson, kessler and abrahams although he is best going forward.

Stamina: 10-8 froch, never seen him look troubled and threw bombs all night vs pascal and kessler. Ward is good but isn't a volume puncher so hasn't been able to show off his talent here

Heart: 9-9, not much to seperate, ward went down early in his career and got up whereas froch showed heart vs taylor and kessler

Chin:8-10Froch, ward has taken shots from abrahams and kessler and hasn't been rocked since early in his career. froch has been hurt in his career, he isn't invincible but the quantity he has taken it would be impossible not to be hurt

Physical: 9-8 Ward, ward is quite strong, is quick and alot sharper whereas froch has the natural strength advantage being bigger

Total:98-94 ward

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

--- Rating, Andre Ward vs Carl Froch (fight analysis) --- Empty Re: --- Rating, Andre Ward vs Carl Froch (fight analysis) ---

Post by KO-KING Fri 16 Dec 2011, 5:29 pm

wards defence isn't 9 in my opinion, he does get hit, also never been in with a fighter like froch. to give ward a 10 in stamina is a bit high in my opinion if you take into account that he often throws less than 40 punches a round

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 16 Dec 2011, 5:50 pm

KO-KING wrote:wards defence isn't 9 in my opinion, he does get hit, also never been in with a fighter like froch. to give ward a 10 in stamina is a bit high in my opinion if you take into account that he often throws less than 40 punches a round

I gave froch a 10 stamina and an 8 for ward. I do think his defence is a 9 as there aren't many boxers who can hit and not be hit as he can. Only floyd would get a 10 in this modern day.

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 17 Dec 2011, 7:28 am

Ward 10 for headwork. They should put a glove on his head as it acts as a 3rd fist.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Sat 17 Dec 2011, 11:44 am

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:
KO-KING wrote:wards defence isn't 9 in my opinion, he does get hit, also never been in with a fighter like froch. to give ward a 10 in stamina is a bit high in my opinion if you take into account that he often throws less than 40 punches a round

I gave froch a 10 stamina and an 8 for ward. I do think his defence is a 9 as there aren't many boxers who can hit and not be hit as he can. Only floyd would get a 10 in this modern day.

Yeah, I miss read your original post, think with ward is his defence gets sloppy at times when he is attacking

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down