The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Wrestling Association - Homepage 2

+6
Gregers
AberdeenSteve
ADMIN
Bull
Marky
ncfc_Tooze
10 posters

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

World Wrestling Association - Homepage 2 - Page 16 Empty World Wrestling Association - Homepage 2

Post by ncfc_Tooze Mon 14 Nov 2011 - 8:26

Last edited by ncfc_Tooze on Tue 15 Nov 2011 - 7:23; edited 2 times in total

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

World Wrestling Association - Homepage 2 - Page 16 Empty Re: World Wrestling Association - Homepage 2

Post by Guest Sat 24 Dec 2011 - 20:16

I have 1 guy in the top 50, well that says something about the average age of my roster doesn't it?

Back to top Go down

World Wrestling Association - Homepage 2 - Page 16 Empty Re: World Wrestling Association - Homepage 2

Post by Marky Thu 29 Dec 2011 - 6:20

I have two in the top 50!

(Both Briscoes, sums up the rest of my division Wink )

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 29 Dec 2011 - 7:05

I have 2 in the top 50. That's alright I suppose.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 29 Dec 2011 - 7:26

I have 8, I've had a fair few of the others too Smile

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Mon 9 Jan 2012 - 7:40

Wow, Seems like a long time since we've been back on here.

I'm after buying anybody who's available. I'm, just after filling my roster spaces up to 22 & also letting one or two leave. Would consider swaps, and swaps + cash. If you have anybody you want to get rid of please post them either here, or on my page. If your interested in any of my roster please submit an enquiry.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Mon 9 Jan 2012 - 7:45

Enigma would you be intrested in cash for some of your guys?

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Mon 9 Jan 2012 - 9:04

No, maybe one or two jobbers/midcarders but I have to much money as it is!

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jan 2012 - 3:30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jan 2012 - 1:10

Was I extremely early with my Week 9 show or is everyone else late? Erm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jan 2012 - 1:22

They are due on Friday Churchy OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu 12 Jan 2012 - 1:39

Has anyone got any highflyers they would like to get rid of, I know the chances are low but mvp will be available after this weeks show.

I need a midcard high flyer, preferably with a big flashy top rope finisher

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Thu 12 Jan 2012 - 2:02

I may just have Jimmy Wang Yang available if that interests you? I'm sure his finisher is the moonsault so that could be your big flashy top rope move

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu 12 Jan 2012 - 4:14

Wang Yang could work, I'll pm you the idea Enigma so I can get a second opinion

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri 13 Jan 2012 - 23:14

Announcement

nXtreme are proud to announce that tonights show will be a TV special:

nXtreme presents - New Year Rising

Featuring:

5 way ladder match for the vacant nXt Factor Title

Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker - Hell in a Cell

and much much more!

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Jan 2012 - 3:25

Guys, this is more of an observation rather than a criticism.
But when this all started I didn't want it turning into 6WF style matches otherwise people simply wouldn't have the time to put into it.
It appears some of the shows are the same length as PPV's.

Obviously if you have the time to do that, then that is all good, but most dont. (Including myself, and will just be doing my show on the same basis as mine on week1)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sat 14 Jan 2012 - 3:29

Don't worry YI mine isn't going to be very long this week, even if it is a tv special!

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Sat 14 Jan 2012 - 4:44

Ok Shows up & posted. It may seem long, but if you take away the first paragragh away from each match it isn't really that long. I've had to explain what the current storylines are so first of all the matches make sence, and second so you havn't forgot what happend in the previous shows. Its been almost a month since the last show's so It was just a little refreshment of the memory.

Skimmed through the shows what have been posted so far and liking what I'm reading. Im off for the weekend so I'll post my results on Sunday Night. Have a nice weekend guys.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sat 14 Jan 2012 - 7:39

Guys I'm resigning from here, the amount of effort required for this has just got silly and whilst I really enjoy the trading part of the league and putting together angles and feuds I just despise writing up paragraphs of matches, it was something I never wanted to do in 6WF and not here but it's become apparent that it's the only way to go as each week they get longer and longer.

Sorry guys, I'm out.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sat 14 Jan 2012 - 7:40

Show up, hopefully it comes across as well as it did in my head!

Hero, I think that we can all make our matches shorter. I definitely tried to this week

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sat 14 Jan 2012 - 7:43

They've got to the point where I was having to spend most of an evening to put them together and however much I enjoy the other aspects of the league writing different moves etc is not what I joined for.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sat 14 Jan 2012 - 11:30

I don't see the problem in just putting how long the match lasted and describe the finish. Obviously main event would be a bit more in depth. Surely voting should be more on show put together etc than how in depth the writing of the matches is.

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Sat 14 Jan 2012 - 23:21

Gregers wrote:I don't see the problem in just putting how long the match lasted and describe the finish. Obviously main event would be a bit more in depth. Surely voting should be more on show put together etc than how in depth the writing of the matches is.

+1 Gregers. Good Post.

I've just logged on and had a look to see who's posted their shows. We've got 4 from YI Man's league which is 2 fixtures completed and just 2 from Steve's league filling just one fixture. I'm sure I speak for the 6 of us who have written & posted our shows so how about the deadline for the shows is extended to Sunday 10pm Cut Off. This week only.

Quite a poor turnout tbh we have had almost a months's break and have had only half the shows with only 6 posted from the 12. This will probs affect the outcome of the results and voting because nobody can be sure that all 12 members will vote, and could quite possibly have just 2 votes from Steve's league. So we might have to mix it up a bit this week. If nothing is sorted by Monday in terms of everybody else posting their shows and the results then I'll take over for this week only, we'll have to sort out a new temp voting system for this week if this is the case. Hug

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sat 14 Jan 2012 - 23:40

I think people might have forgotten about this Enigma mate

To further my post, if someone had set up two red hot feuds and the match on a show before the ppv was something like:

Tag Match - CM Punk/Daniel Bryan vs Randy Orton/AJ Styles

Match went over 20 minutes with tons of action. The finish came when Styles launched himself over the top rope taking out Bryan, meanwhile Orton went for the RKO on Punk. Reversed, GTS!

- Winners via Pinfall CM Punk/Daniel Bryan

Post match Bryan and Styles brawled into the crowd. Punk stood tall over the fallen viper with the title belt held aloft.

-----

I would vote for that over an indepth match of a less hot feud

-----

Anyways, I really liked your show Enigma Very Happy

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Sat 14 Jan 2012 - 23:50

Think yout right Gregers, I think it might have been the long break before christmas which did season 1 in. (I get why we had the break)

Maybe when YI Man manages to get some free time, or anybody else who wants a crack at running WWA, perhaps we should start this all again with no breakes. Ask on the wrestling page to see who wants to join. I'm sure that more shows could be added if they knew that we want the deadline extended for them, People like YI Man, Steve & Bull are always on here so maybe they'll see this and get a quick show knocked up & posted.

Maybe a new rule shoud take place. I think its important that the match background should be included because It's impossible to know everybody's else storylines & matches so a little summery would do the trick. Maybe then, the match can be no longer than 10 lines of something, which if you think isn't a lot, and maybe the main event can go up to 12 lines. Just floating Ideas around here to try and get people back on!

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat 14 Jan 2012 - 23:54

My thoughts on this are that I believe the Xmas break has completely killed this and I feel some have found it difficult to get back in. We've also had a few people deciding to not put shows because of the lengths that some guys are writing their matches.

I believe, and I know this is going to be far from popular, that this needs to be completed restarted. We need to get new guys in, because I think Churchill is not on this as much as he once was and then lay down clear rules and guidelines to how the shows should be written.

My reasons for not posting are due to the match lengths and I think this needs to be addressed sooner rather than later. I will discuss this with YI and we will get back to you all as soon as possible guys.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Sat 14 Jan 2012 - 23:57

Steve, I completely agree with you on this 100% I have said similer stuff in previous posts. I've also posted a couple of suggestions on how to address the match lenths.

Look forward to hearing from Both You & YI Man.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 0:00

I don't think it really matters on the length of the matches tbh, if people want to write long matches they can but it shouldn't influence the voters. My point was that we shouldn't have a strict limit on the length of the matches just make it clear that we don't want a blow by blow account of every minute of the match.

After sorting out my roster and getting all ready for the final PPV I absolutely do not want to restart this season! Not often you bring in 6 people in a week to kickstart two new storylines!

---

On a side note were my match lengths okay this week? Obviously the first match and the main event were longer but it was a tv special this week for post christmas

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 0:14

I understand where you are coming from Gregers with the fact that match length shouldn't sway a voters opinion but a lot of the feedback and reasons I get from voters is that the matches weren't detailed enough for them so they gave the vote to the other person.

Because you had an almost PPV style show then the longer are matches are fine but liked the shorter matches as I believe that should be the sort of length we are looking for.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 0:20

When I vote I don't really take too much notice of the match length, unless they're ridiculously long. I think if you get across what the match was like and if it carried on a storyline then the length doesn't matter.

Also, are my matches a bit too long? I tried to keep them a little shorter this time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 0:22

Glad you liked the shorter matches. For non main events/title matches thats the length I'm looking at doing now.

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 0:26

I've kept my match write-ups short, I already have next week's (and up to Week 12) planned out, I only had injuries to concern me (now not a problem) and it's more about the storyline than writing how many armdrags in the match itself. As long as I get the point across, i'm happy.

What isn't fair is the fact at least one of 6wE and Devon Championship Wrestling will not win, despite being the only two who got their show in on time.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 7:38

i have not had the time to post anything this week as ive had exams and have been studying as well as just come back from a 6hour trip from Old Trafford!

i agree that the length is an issue , if people wish i will put a short card up?

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 15 Jan 2012 - 7:39

We're having a discussion in Admin Land and we shall let you guys know what's happening in due course

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 16 Jan 2012 - 1:05

TheBrahmaBull wrote:i have not had the time to post anything this week as ive had exams and have been studying as well as just come back from a 6hour trip from Old Trafford!

i agree that the length is an issue , if people wish i will put a short card up?

Short cards are better than no card, you'll probably win by default if you post a short card!

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Mon 16 Jan 2012 - 5:12

Right I've read the posts since yesterday. I only think it's fair that the rest of us get some clarity and for somebody to shed some light of what's going on and how we address the issues.

I am in favour of starting this all again, but like Gregers feel the frustation of having to write out 9 shows & 1 PPV for it all to end like this. I also agree with Marky, its not right, and it's not fair that the 2 guys that do post their shows in steve's league that somebody will not walk away with the maxium points, where as what happens with the rest if their shows are not up? How do we address the other shows in terms of the pointing systems and filling their fixtures.

But for the sake of this to continue, I think perhaps this should start again and get some fresh blood in for those who do not want to continue, with a new set of rules set out from the begining to address all the issues, and the feedback for the season 2 thread. I for one am enjoying the whole WWA and credit to YI Man for taking the time out to not only start this all to make it happen but to continue to run it from the start up to week 9. I'm happy to follow the crowd on this one but something needs to be decided.

Do we carry on as normal and begin week 10 tomorrow, How do we address the votes for this week when nobody knows if every memeber will cast their votes. I think this needs to be addressed as soon as possible so the rest of us know where we stand with this.

The_Enigma

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon 16 Jan 2012 - 5:53

Can we not just take those shows that are still going and run them against each other in their leagues PPV style til the end of the season?

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Mon 16 Jan 2012 - 6:21

gregers thats a good Idea

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Mon 16 Jan 2012 - 6:46

I'm happy to follow the majority of the crowd here, but this all needs clearing up. Nobody knows where we stand with this and all what I was pointing out is that something needs to said, something needs to be announced.

Tomorrow is Week 10 & I have no Idea what's going on. Is it even worth putting out a show if only a select few will read and vote, nevermind posting their shows. Things need clearing up and following what fernando said hopefully something will be said and I'm hoping its tonight!

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Mon 16 Jan 2012 - 7:32

For this weeks shows, everybody that has posted will get 3 points. They've put the effort in and will be rewarded for it.

With regards to how the rest of this season will pan out, I don't yet. I have got in touch with YI and have yet to hear back from him. As far as I am aware, he is quite busy at the moment due to moving house so I really don't know when all this will be cleared up. Personally, because guys have put so much effort in to this I can see Gregers opinion being used until the finish of this season.

Sorry for any inconvenience guys, hopefully have everything cleared up as soon as possible for you all.

Thanks for the patience OK

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Mon 16 Jan 2012 - 7:56

Right, it looks like YI is going to be around for the next few weeks.

I need to know ASAP who is still interested in posting show.

I'm happy to go with Gregers above option where everyone left will be put in one league (if the numbers suit) and will be scored like we had done in the PPV.

What are everyones thoughts on this?

Tooze and Fernando will be helping out a bit more in the absence of YI.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 17 Jan 2012 - 0:21

One league, everyone who's still in on zero points, Weeks 10, 11 and 12 to be posted.

Scoring like PPV's, with the top 4 forming the semi finals and final.

How does that sound?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Tue 17 Jan 2012 - 5:28

I like that idea Marky.

Just wish a few more people would put there views across or this could end up falling flat.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jan 2012 - 5:31

You already know that I'm out Steve, but from a now outsiders perspective, I think Marky's idea is best. OK

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Tue 17 Jan 2012 - 5:32

Like I've said, I'm more than happy and follow the crowd on this one. I just hope season 2 doesn't fall flat like this otherwise I'm out.

I'm fine with Marky's idea but would also be happy restarting this whole thing. Their needs to but a cut off point if we are going to start PPV style to finish the season with. We need people to comfirm they're still in this and we need to know soon to start working and posting shows.

Need YI Man to make an appearance and clear this whole situation up.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 17 Jan 2012 - 5:35

I agree with Steve in that the break killed it. I think all momentum and motivation went after we stopped doing it for so long, so when I came back I didn't really have any sort of desire to keep the show going.

I'm open to a second season, where we don't have a break and we improve on some of the problems facing this one.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Tue 17 Jan 2012 - 5:39

Enigma, I'll be in charge here over the next few weeks with help from Tooze and Fernando as YI will not be around.

My only issue with starting the PPV style league with the guys who are left is that if guys stop posting again. We need 100% dedication for this new idea to work until the end of the season.

Our 2nd season will have no breaks and will have better guidelines as to what is to be expected from you guys when writing shows.

If everyone that is participating could post and let me know whether they can or cannot 100% commit to the new style PPV league over the next 5 weeks then please do so as soon as possible.

IN

Enigma
Gregers

OUT

Jack
YI
Crimey
Steve

I'll add names as guys post.

Last edited by AberdeenSteve on Tue 17 Jan 2012 - 6:04; edited 2 times in total

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 17 Jan 2012 - 5:49

Unfortunately I won't carry on, but I definitely want to do season 2.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Tue 17 Jan 2012 - 5:52

I'm only really looking to carry on if there's a good number. No point in carrying on if only 3 or 4 are up to it. So Im a yes, permitting a few people are up to seeing out the season, Dedication? I don't think I've missed a show this season so it's all or nothing really.
If we were to start again Steve, Any idea how long it would take to start up season 2, or would be waiting a few weeks for YI Man to reappear? I'm looking forward to season 2. Hopefully more names and we can work out all the bugs from the first season to get everybody on board and get some rules set with all the current issues

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Tue 17 Jan 2012 - 6:00

If there aren't enough names put forward to go through with the PPV league then this will be cut short and we'll start the organising for season 2 straight away.

However, I know that YI will want to be part of season 2. He'd also be running a league so that would be taken into consideration. We would have everything organised and in place so that when YI returns everything will be ready to go.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 17 Jan 2012 - 6:03

Yes as I want to finish my storylines, will also be in for season 2

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next