The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Booth vs Quigg SPOILER

+2
Rowley
skimpton
6 posters

Go down

Booth vs Quigg SPOILER Empty Booth vs Quigg SPOILER

Post by skimpton Mon 24 Oct 2011, 2:52 pm

I first saw Quigg on Friday Fight Night 3-4 years ago and thought he had great potential, and have followed his progress ever since.
I even posted a few articles on the old BBC 606 regarding him.

Must say I continue to be impressed and was even a bit surprised by how well he did in beating Booth on Saturday.

I think he he will go on to be a good world champion. What do you guys think?

It was also good to see Carl Frampton, another up and coming Super Bantam giving his views on the fight in a very professional manner, and by that I mean no calling out or bad mouthing etc. Again another guy I think has great potential.

Should these two fight soon, or save it for later when there is more at stake, perhaps even an unification at world level?

skimpton

Back to top Go down

Booth vs Quigg SPOILER Empty Re: Booth vs Quigg SPOILER

Post by Rowley Mon 24 Oct 2011, 2:55 pm

Have not watched the fight yet so will not comment on that but personally would love to see him and Frampton fight now. Think as fans we need to get out of the mentality that a loss is the death knell for a fighters career. Anything could happen down the line, one may outgrow the division quicker than the other, one could pick up a knock that keeps them out of action etc. At the minute they are both at a similar level, put them in together and lets see how it goes.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 24 Oct 2011, 3:00 pm

haven't seen it either but agree with rowley. Love to see them in together now, as fight fans we need great competative match ups as soona s we can get them. IF it's exciting or close there is always a call for a rematch and then if the result is reversed a trilogy so its money in the bank either way. Get them in there now i say. Two top domestic talents tho.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 24 Oct 2011, 3:09 pm

I watched it and was impressed big time with Quigg but it was no surprise tbh.

Booth has been around for a long time and isn't really a Super Bantam.

From the off you could see the size difference a mile off and it was a one sided humiliation. You could see on Booth's face everytime he went back to his corner that he knew he was out of his depth.

I think Quigg is going to do very well. Him and Frampton are setting the bar fairly high at the minute.

Can't wait to see them face off. It will be fight of the year (domestically, I just have a gut feeling on that).
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Mon 24 Oct 2011, 3:40 pm

Who would you pick if they fought each other in their next fight?

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 24 Oct 2011, 3:46 pm

frampton for me. although i think quigg is good and exciting get a feeling you could see the amateur pedigree of frampton taking over mid to late rounds and outclassing scott a bit. i like both fighters and would love to see them in the ring.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 24 Oct 2011, 3:53 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:frampton for me. although i think quigg is good and exciting get a feeling you could see the amateur pedigree of frampton taking over mid to late rounds and outclassing scott a bit. i like both fighters and would love to see them in the ring.

My thoughts exactly!!!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Mon 24 Oct 2011, 3:59 pm

I'm picking Quigg - very smart boxer. Frampton struggled with Turley and got tagged a fair bit, admittedly he is greener than Quigg. Very close but I think Quigg would take a narrow decision.

Would be a hell of a fight.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 24 Oct 2011, 4:17 pm

I also don't think we are going to have to wait too much longer for this fight either.

Frampton was ringside for this fight and Quigg was ringside for Frampton's last one when he won the C'Wealth.

They seem bang up for it. And at this stage there shouldn't be too many issues to get in the way.

Both Hatton and McGuigan have that much faith in both that they may just let them get on with it.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 24 Oct 2011, 4:32 pm

[t
quote="Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn"]I also don't think we are going to have to wait too much longer for this fight either.

Frampton was ringside for this fight and Quigg was ringside for Frampton's last one when he won the C'Wealth.

They seem bang up for it. And at this stage there shouldn't be too many issues to get in the way.

Both Hatton and McGuigan have that much faith in both that they may just let them get on with it.[/quote]

would also say that mcguigan and hatton are much in touch with what the fans want too and are genuine fans and know that competetive fights that capture the imagination are a must. seeing as frampton was willing to go for the euro belt he is up for testing himself and quigg appears to be an honest guy and i timagine he knows a win over frampton and huge interest then washes over him.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down