The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Between Now and 2015 Rugby World Cup! ! !

+13
ultra
thebandwagonsociety
Biltong
offload
EnglishReign
Geordie
Boyne
emack2
Runster
maestegmafia
mystiroakey
TycroesOsprey
majesticimperialman
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Between Now and 2015 Rugby World Cup! ! ! - Page 2 Empty Between Now and 2015 Rugby World Cup! ! !

Post by majesticimperialman Tue 18 Oct 2011, 9:52 pm

First topic message reminder :

Will/Can all NH teams either keep playing the same type of rugby or better than they have played in this years rugby world cup?

Take Wales for an example. Now i am not having a go at Wales at all.

First of all Wales have played some of the best if not theeee best rugby in any rugby world cup. The question is dispite what goes on this friday, if they get 3rd place or 4th place will they beable to keep this style of rugby up after the tournament is over, and keep it up till 2015 rugby world cup.

England/Ireland well lets face both of these teams WILL HAVE, to play better than they have played in this years tournament to even get a chance of getting any form of silver ware in 2015 rugby world cup.

France, well weather we like it or not they are through to the final of this years rugby world cup.But after sunday 1st or 2nd place, will they get any better between now and 2015.

Scotland/Italy I do believe that both these 2 teams will improve between now and 2015. Will they improve enough to win any titles first place or second place? I realy do not know.

So will all of the NH teams beable to improve/play better rugby between now and 2015 Rugby World Cup?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Between Now and 2015 Rugby World Cup! ! ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Between Now and 2015 Rugby World Cup! ! !

Post by maestegmafia Wed 19 Oct 2011, 12:46 pm

biltongbek wrote:Mystiroakey - get out while you can Sir. You should know better than to be other than complimentary about other teams.

I have learnt my lesson, if you can't be complimentary, rather don't voice an opinion.

It is OK however to rip your own team apart. thumbsup

Hey Bill

Please don't be like that. Your posts are enjoyable to read and we do take a lot of notice to what you say, when it is logical conceived and not derived from pure Bok passion...!

But mystrioakey is not being the slightest bit complimentary about anyones team other than England in his posts. He actually says that No team other than England or France from the Northern Hemisphere will be able to compete for the next RWC in 2015.

A brash statement considering the current state of English and French rugby... Something well acknowledged by Journalists, pundits and fans alike across the globe.

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Thu 20 Oct 2011, 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed derogatory term)

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Between Now and 2015 Rugby World Cup! ! ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Between Now and 2015 Rugby World Cup! ! !

Post by mystiroakey Wed 19 Oct 2011, 12:52 pm

ohh gawwd lol.

firstly i am never complimentary about us english or the french, unless thgey win or at least play well.

secondly my point is about the simple fact that i cant see any other team having the infastructure to get to this current kiwis level in the nh bar france or england,

not that you lot dont have a chance in 2015- but if the kiwis retain there level - then no the probailities are very very slim.

thirdly i am very complimentary when i want to be about you welsh, and the irish on the occasion that you lot deserve it- i am having serious trouble at present due to the fact there are so many of you on here that are being such sore losers .

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by ultra Wed 19 Oct 2011, 1:13 pm

There is however, one thing that our brothers over in the west do have in their favour however when aspiring to the be the best and that is passion. Judging by my contact over the years with various Kiwis the only other group of folks who can seem to match their love of the game has been the welsh, (apart from a group of thoroughly unpleasent chaps I met in the South West of France once). The resurgence of the national side of late may tempt some lost to the dark-side, (kissball), back and see rugby as the national sport once again - in which case the welsh could indeed be a force to be reckoned with in the next 4 years and beyond.
Such a small population makes it improbable but certainly not impossible if the desire's returned!

ultra

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 19 Oct 2011, 1:16 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
biltongbek wrote:Mystiroakey - get out while you can Sir. You should know better than to be other than complimentary about other teams.

I have learnt my lesson, if you can't be complimentary, rather don't voice an opinion.

It is OK however to rip your own team apart. thumbsup

Hey Bill

Please don't be like that. Your posts are enjoyable to read and we do take a lot of notice to what you say, when it is logical conceived and not derived from pure Bok passion...!

But this space cadet mystrioakey is not being the slightest bit complimentary about anyones team other than England in his posts. He actually says that No team other than England or France from the Northern Hemisphere will be able to compete for the next RWC in 2015.

A brash statement considering the current state of English and French rugby... Something well acknowledged by Journalists, pundits and fans alike across the globe.

Maesteg, I know I am being sarcastic. And yes mystiroakey is not being very diplomatic, and I understand that you are defedning your team as you are passionate about them.

But let me tell you what I have learnt and this is in no way trying to be nasty to any particular individual or group of posters.

I rate the welsh posters on here at the top of my list on passion for their team, and as we have all seen they had a remarkable world cup. The problem however is that one gets swept up in the emotion and euphoria of ones team's success and unfortunately as I have seen here in the past number of weeks on these boards have turned into a bit of a problem where some welsh posters and I am sorry but I have to include you here, has responded unpleasantly to anyone criticising theit team, and sometimes not even criticising but merely favouring another team or questioning an ability or mentality of Wales.

Now as someone who at times got riled up about criticism on my own team I can understand that. But every once in a while it is good to step back and realise you are being a tad over the top in responding to other views.

I myself took a few days off after copping criticism for the fact that I said France will beat Wales, and it was mostly based on statistics that told me France has won close to 70% of their tests against Wales in the Pro era. Now I was told that it is not a good enough reason. Well the fact is that stats provides a trend of domination, Wales had that over France for nigh on 60 years, no France has it over Wales. That is not to say it can't swing back, but wales have to go on a winning streak to change that perception and to a certain extent the belief tat they are once again the dominant team against France.

I was then told that I need to bring up more player strength and form issues to have a convincing argument. I said before that I know very little of the french team, and can there for not provide opinion on their strengths.

I also copped a lot of criticism about our loss to australia, and very few wnated to see my point regarding the impact Bryce Lawrence had on the game.

So eventually I decided that I was fighting a losing battle and just stepped away.

The point I am trying to make is that as passionate as we are, we cannot take offecne to every person we deem is being ignorant, arrogant, biased or simply just a WUM.

So I have decided if someone tells me my team is $h1t, I will see if it is possible to reason the point, if not, I will then agree in a sarcastic manner that they have indeed a most superior argument, and I can there for concede that I know nothing.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 19 Oct 2011, 1:17 pm

Runster wrote:Wales are England equal through history, and are currently much superior to them.

Well hang on a minute; we've played some good rugby in this tournament but they've beaten us twice this year and we've both lost to France in successive weeks. 'Much' superior is quite a claim.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Runster Wed 19 Oct 2011, 1:58 pm

mystiroakey - you can dream of future glories. Since 2003, you've had all the resources and the infrastructure etc, but England were (in comparison to the likes of NZ and Wales) a shambles on and off the field. Can't see any reason why you can over the next 8 years. Look forward to the 6 nations.

Runster

Back to top Go down

Post by Runster Wed 19 Oct 2011, 2:29 pm

Poor old Wales only has a population of 3 million, so they could never hope to compete with the likes of England and France (51 and 65 million respectively). And certainly not with New Zealand - population 104 million. Or is it 4 million? Yes, it's 4 million. By your reconing, mystitoakey, New Zealand, with a tiny population, have got no chance of competing with the likes of New Zealand.

Runster

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 19 Oct 2011, 2:34 pm

cant wait for the 6n's laddie. bring it on pal

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 19 Oct 2011, 5:30 pm

ultra wrote:There is however, one thing that our brothers over in the west do have in their favour however when aspiring to the be the best and that is passion. Judging by my contact over the years with various Kiwis the only other group of folks who can seem to match their love of the game has been the welsh, (apart from a group of thoroughly unpleasent chaps I met in the South West of France once). The resurgence of the national side of late may tempt some lost to the dark-side, (kissball), back and see rugby as the national sport once again - in which case the welsh could indeed be a force to be reckoned with in the next 4 years and beyond.
Such a small population makes it improbable but certainly not impossible if the desire's returned!
Put that together with the impressive work that the academies are doing and we are getting somewhere.

Welsh rugby has a good infrastructure to support itself in the modern era. We have better depth every year and it is improving constantly.

The Welsh people love to see a good youngster given a chance to shine and reward praise on them hen they do.

Wles may have been in the doldrums for twenty years but there is a resurgence taking place, that the Two Grandslams and now this RWC performance have only enhanced.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed 19 Oct 2011, 5:48 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
mystiroakey wrote: and the only two teams that can get to that level(the all blacks) is england or france- will they- not sure- but they can

You'll have to explain that statement because it makes absolutely no sense without a thorough explanation...!

what are you trying to say lad that other nations in the NH have resourecs to get to the all blacks level- lol, dont even try pal. They are just to good at present- as there national game and there constant island robbing tactics (who seem perfectly breed for rugby) the samller NH countries have less that zero chance of getting to that level- but because france and england have alot of money, alot of resource, alot of pros,coaches to choose from, and alot of draw to also poach- well its just obvious!!

Do you ever get tired of playing that poaching record? It´s like you´re from a cult. Say something often enough and you´ll fool yourself into thinking it´s true.

Ireland and Wales have limited resources but they´ve won Grand Slams before. No reason why Wales can´t kick on from this RWC. Consistency of performance and confidence from winning go hand in hand.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 19 Oct 2011, 7:30 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
mystiroakey wrote: and the only two teams that can get to that level(the all blacks) is england or france- will they- not sure- but they can

You'll have to explain that statement because it makes absolutely no sense without a thorough explanation...!

what are you trying to say lad that other nations in the NH have resourecs to get to the all blacks level- lol, dont even try pal. They are just to good at present- as there national game and there constant island robbing tactics (who seem perfectly breed for rugby) the samller NH countries have less that zero chance of getting to that level- but because france and england have alot of money, alot of resource, alot of pros,coaches to choose from, and alot of draw to also poach- well its just obvious!!

Do you ever get tired of playing that poaching record? It´s like you´re from a cult. Say something often enough and you´ll fool yourself into thinking it´s true.

Ireland and Wales have limited resources but they´ve won Grand Slams before. No reason why Wales can´t kick on from this RWC. Consistency of performance and confidence from winning go hand in hand.
+1

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 19 Oct 2011, 7:39 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
kiakahaaotearoa wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

+1

lol me cult-MASSIVE FAIL, i think its pretty obvioous who is from the cult(kiwi suppoter maybe)- teams poach- get in the real world.

secondly are NZ in the 6n's?- so whats your next point all about?

thirdly maest- you decided to write a post about how poaching has affected rugby union, yet you want to agree with the above poster

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Thu 20 Oct 2011, 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed insult to another poster.)

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoda Wed 19 Oct 2011, 9:58 pm

There are so many myths and assumptions flying around it is very easy to get carried away and make some ridiculous comments. There are several nations who have the potential to kick on a get a shot at the title. You only need a strong squad of 30 men to lift the cup, good selection, man management, consistency, and spirit. A huge slice of luck with regards, injury, ref decisions should also be considered. Australia are the best at identifying, coaching and developing talent to maximize their relatively small player base-always contenders, Wales are emerging out of their dark days and are using the regions well spotting talent and putting it together plus a genuine rugby nation. To say they cant stand up to other nations is wrong they will be tougher to beat as their young team will gain more caps (injury permitting). New Zealand don't have to worry about other sports and will always have the kids desperate to wear the black jersey so their 4 million will always produce a strong 30 man squad.

England and France have totally different set ups and have let their national game go off the boil despite the large support. These nations should sort themselves out but it will not be over night, although a change of management from France will help them as they have better quality players and could potentially be the team to beat within a season. (or 80 mins on Sun!)

Yoda

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 19 Oct 2011, 11:59 pm

I am still trying to work out that blokes logic that if you are importing foreign players then you have the best system in the NH.

Surely that is a huge sign that the system is failing if you cant find any talent worth selecting from your own backyard?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 20 Oct 2011, 10:45 am

Folks, I've removed a few personal attacks by several different posters up-thread. People are entitled to disagree, no need to get petty.

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 20 Oct 2011, 11:13 am

poaching is certainly not a good long team view for any national sports team- it can be effective in they short term- The biggest problem is when nations get players that are only playing for a national team because they cant get in there other one. If you can 'poach' a good player away from a national team that also wants the player then it sort of works- but does that even help in the long term - id say that no it doesnt. But the fact of the matter is - having a larger pool of players to choose from helps build a stronger team- does it help morale- possibly not!, does it help the long term- possibly not!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 20 Oct 2011, 11:26 am

Just out of curiosity mystiroakey. Can you actually name players that have been ´poached´by New Zealand?

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2