The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rugby World Cup 2015 - The V2 Forum meet ups

+9
Submachine
PenfroPete
bedfordwelsh
BamBam
Geordie
disneychilly
funnyExiledScot
SecretFly
Driver
13 posters

Go down

Rugby World Cup 2015 - The V2 Forum meet ups Empty Rugby World Cup 2015 - The V2 Forum meet ups

Post by Driver Tue 25 Nov 2014, 2:02 pm

This is a thread which does what it says in title.

Let's say your heading to South Africa vs Scotland at St James' Park , Newcastle. You simply post that you are going and that you'd be interested in meeting up with some like minded fans for 1 or 2 beers or a pie.

I'll Jazz this thread up closer to the competition with Fixtures and who is attending which games listed with them along with a meet point and time.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Rugby World Cup 2015 - The V2 Forum meet ups Empty Re: Rugby World Cup 2015 - The V2 Forum meet ups

Post by SecretFly Tue 25 Nov 2014, 2:13 pm

I'm going to the Ireland v France game.  
You'll know me instantly.  Scar down my right cheek and onto my neck (fist fight that turned into a glass fight over a game); with a glass eye (I pulled my good one out on a dare after a game); shaven head with a tattoo on it which reads "Hate Breeds Justice", (tattooed after a game) and a Swastica over both ears (forced on me by a rival fan after a game).  18 stone, 6' 7" - nervous tick that sometimes causes me to howl like a wolf
..... so yeah, I'd love to meet up for maybe 1 or 2 beers or a pie or a fight or something like that, if anyone's interested?????

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Rugby World Cup 2015 - The V2 Forum meet ups Empty Re: Rugby World Cup 2015 - The V2 Forum meet ups

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 25 Nov 2014, 2:16 pm

SecretFly wrote:I'm going to the Ireland v France game.  
You'll know me instantly.  Scar down my right cheek and onto my neck (fist fight that turned into a glass fight over a game); with a glass eye (I pulled my good one out on a dare after a game); shaven head with a tattoo on it which reads "Hate Breeds Justice", (tattooed after a game) and a Swastica over both ears (forced on me by a rival fan after a game).  18 stone, 6' 7" - nervous tick that sometimes causes me to howl like a wolf
..... so yeah, I'd love to meet up for maybe 1 or 2 beers or a pie or a fight or something like that, if anyone's interested?????

Laugh

Well I'll be in Newcastle for the Scotland vs Samoa game and if Saint and Lord Dowlais happen to be in town please do let me know where you'll be and when..... Run

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 25 Nov 2014, 2:19 pm

Joking aside this is a great idea. Would be good to meet up with fellow posters for a couple of pints pre-game.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Tue 25 Nov 2014, 2:28 pm

I'm Newcastle for boks and ABs games.

You'll spot my lime green afro a good 300 yards off.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Tue 25 Nov 2014, 3:13 pm

Just scored a ticket to New Zealand vs Tonga in Newcastle.

I'll be the one in the black shirt.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 25 Nov 2014, 3:24 pm

Ill be at St James for :

NZ v Tonga on the Friday night
&
Scotland v Samoa on the Saturday Afternoon (the next day)

Though ill be getting drunk on the friday so may be a tad rough on the Saturday Very Happy

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 25 Nov 2014, 3:28 pm

Personally I would love to meet greyghost, GloriousEmpire, AWOP, Neutralee and Richard.

I reckon that would be a real good party if all of those guys came along

Tell you what chaps, I'll come to any game you're going to, even if I don't have a ticket I'll buy you a bevvie before or after

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 25 Nov 2014, 5:25 pm

I will be going to Old Deer Park for the Wales v England game unless I win the euro millions and stumble across a ticket
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Tue 25 Nov 2014, 5:36 pm

Will be going to -
Sun 20 Sep
14:30 Wales v Uruguay Millennium Stadium

Fri 02 Oct
20:00 New Zealand v Georgia Millennium Stadium

Sat 17 Oct
20:00 QF2 W Pool C v RU Pool D Millennium Stadium

Will also be meeting up with some long-time (but no longer frequent 606 posters) at –

Sat 19 Sep
14:30 Ireland v Canada Millennium Stadium

Sun 11 Oct
16:45 France v Ireland Millennium Stadium
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 25 Nov 2014, 5:55 pm

Pete,

Did you get tickets for those in the original ballot?
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Tue 25 Nov 2014, 6:37 pm

PenfroPete wrote:Will be going to -
Sun 20 Sep
14:30  Wales v Uruguay Millennium Stadium

Fri 02 Oct
20:00  New Zealand v Georgia Millennium  Stadium

Sat 17 Oct
20:00  QF2 W Pool C v RU Pool D Millennium Stadium

Will also be meeting up with some long-time (but no longer frequent 606 posters) at –

Sat 19 Sep
14:30  Ireland v Canada Millennium Stadium

Sun 11 Oct
16:45  France v Ireland Millennium Stadium

Channels? Broadcasters?

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 25 Nov 2014, 6:37 pm

ITV has the rights still don't they?
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Tue 25 Nov 2014, 6:41 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:ITV has the rights still don't they?

Just a little joke. Whenever Pete lists a number of games they are usually accompanied by all broadcasting coverage as he very generously keeps us all informed of the weekends viewing possibilities.

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Wed 26 Nov 2014, 1:49 pm

I'm not going to any of the games, but you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be in the Town when the games are on at St James, the atmosphere should be electric.

Anyone visiting St James, just drop a note on this thread and I'll give you a steer on what pubs are worth hitting - and I'm sure GeordieFalcon will lend a few words of additional advice.

TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 26 Nov 2014, 2:06 pm

PenfroPete wrote:Will be going to -
Sun 20 Sep
14:30  Wales v Uruguay Millennium Stadium

Fri 02 Oct
20:00  New Zealand v Georgia Millennium  Stadium

Sat 17 Oct
20:00  QF2 W Pool C v RU Pool D Millennium Stadium

Sat 19 Sep
14:30  Ireland v Canada Millennium Stadium

Sun 11 Oct
16:45  France v Ireland Millennium Stadium

I'll be seeing you. Probably won't want tickets, but certainly beers before/after.

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 26 Nov 2014, 2:11 pm

TrailApe wrote:I'm not going to any of the games, but you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be in the Town when the games are on at St James, the atmosphere should be electric.

Anyone visiting St James, just drop a note on this thread and I'll give you a steer on what pubs are worth hitting - and I'm sure GeordieFalcon will lend a few words of additional advice.

There's only one place I love going drinking in Newcastle and that is Winlaton, I am a fully paid up member of the Halgarth club, and there is also a good pub crawl from the Vulcan all the way down to the Commercial, I try and go up there at least twice a year and visit my friends that I have up there, and it always includes lots of beer. Yahoo

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 26 Nov 2014, 2:13 pm

This all sounds great....other than the fact I didn't get any feckin tickets!! Sad

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 26 Nov 2014, 3:36 pm

TrailApe wrote:I'm not going to any of the games, but you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be in the Town when the games are on at St James, the atmosphere should be electric.

Absolutely...pubs worth going in to ...start in the Black Garter....then down to the Pig and Whistle...  Whistle  

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 26 Nov 2014, 4:22 pm

The Bodice and Garter down at the end of.......................................... oh sorry, that wasn't a pub.... Whistle

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 27 Nov 2014, 9:45 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:

Absolutely...pubs worth going in to ...start in the Black Garter....then down to the Pig and Whistle...  Whistle  

GeordieFalcon, there is onlt one place to go driknin' in your city, and that is in Winlaton. thumbsup

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Fri 28 Nov 2014, 11:16 am

GeordieFalcon, there is onlt one place to go driknin' in your city, and that is in Winlaton

Now GF was really throwing a dummy with the hostelries he mentioned – in fact I don’t think the Pig & Whistle is even open now – and that shows you how bad it must have been, but Winlaton?

No thank you.

For a start it’s not even in Newcastle and secondly it’s a one horse ex pit village, and whilst there’s nothing wrong with that (I came from a ex pit village that could only dream of being one horse) it’s not what a lot of folks from other parts of the world might want to drink in.

I appreciate you may have a sentimental attachment to that part of Gateshead but it’s not really within walking distance to St James is it?
TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 28 Nov 2014, 11:20 am

TrailApe wrote:
GeordieFalcon, there is onlt one place to go driknin' in your city, and that is in Winlaton

Now GF was really throwing a dummy with the hostelries he mentioned – in fact I don’t think the Pig & Whistle is even open now – and that shows you how bad it must have been, but Winlaton?

No thank you.

For a start it’s not even in Newcastle and secondly it’s a one horse ex pit village, and whilst there’s nothing wrong with that (I came from a ex pit village that could only dream of being one horse) it’s not what a lot of folks from other parts of the world might want to drink in.

I appreciate you may have a sentimental attachment to that part of Gateshead but it’s not really within walking distance to St James is it?

Ah it's only a quick bus down the hill to Blaydon, then hop skip and a jump and your'e there, already to have a drink on the boat with the revolving dance floor. Yahoo

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 28 Nov 2014, 12:36 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:

GeordieFalcon, there is onlt one place to go driknin' in your city, and that is in Winlaton. thumbsup

You there already, mate? Getting 'em in early I'd imagine. Fine work!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 28 Nov 2014, 12:45 pm

Laugh Lord is an official 606 tester.  His job is to go round potential establishments that may be frequented by 606ers, partake of the hospitality on offer, rate it and then inform the 606ers about quality sometime in July or August of Next Year.... if he makes it to July or August!  He may need some heavy duty drying out beforehand.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down