The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England to target 2015 rugby world cup.

+13
Rory_Gallagher
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Toohey
Cowshot
EnglishReign
wickedwasp
Effervescing Elephant
nobbled
gregortree
Geordie
Toadfish
RubyGuby
idris
17 posters

Go down

England to target 2015 rugby world cup. Empty England to target 2015 rugby world cup.

Post by idris Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:42 am

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070831020749/uncyclopedia/images/a/a2/Flying_Pig.jpg

idris

Back to top Go down

England to target 2015 rugby world cup. Empty Re: England to target 2015 rugby world cup.

Post by RubyGuby Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:08 am

Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

England to target 2015 rugby world cup. Empty Re: England to target 2015 rugby world cup.

Post by Toadfish Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:14 am

Well what can we say? It's like a drug, once you've experienced the pinnacle world rugby has to offer you just want more. Ask any South Africa, Australia, New Zealand or England fan on here...

Toadfish

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:16 am

You didn't seem to want too much more in September Toad thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:19 am

You didn't seem to want too much more in September Toad

Ah we were too busy enjoying Wales attempts to win it.... laughing

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Toadfish Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:20 am

We were in rehab.

Toadfish

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:25 am

I think the rehabs working but the Drs advice is to just take things easy for a while as there is a danger of mania setting in early on after discharge. Great to see Lancaster get the job, I really like what this guy stands for and hope he's given a chance by the media and some fans when a few inevitable defeats come along thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:30 am

RubyGuby wrote:I think the rehabs working but the Drs advice is to just take things easy for a while as there is a danger of mania setting in early on after discharge. Great to see Lancaster get the job, I really like what this guy stands for and hope he's given a chance by the media and some fans when a few inevitable defeats come along thumbsup

As opposed to when the knives were out for gatland after a couple of losses....

I suspect he will be given time...as long as fans are seeing little improvments...and consistency...and passion.

It was all way to inconsistant with Johno which is why the criticism started...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Toadfish Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:34 am

Inevitable is right! Even the most optimistic England fan must know that the results column is unlikely to look too pretty after playing the big boys in 6 out of the next 7 games.

Toadfish

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:34 pm

Geordie - Gatland has admited he made mistakes and the knives being out were in response to him making 10 changes for a game v Italy and even more for a draw with Fiji thus sacrificing 2 wins when we needed them - He got it wrong but recently acknowledged that - I'm all for criticism if it is just and I just feel that it has been just and has been part of Gatlands development. None of us welsh fans have also condoned his previous "bating" of opposing teams before games - He also appears to have stopped this and hence the knives have been put away (for now Very Happy ) thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:44 pm

Back to the Op: Shocked so which top 6 nation is not ? Pl let me know

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:56 pm

Got a feeling there may be a few other countries "targetting the world cup".
Because....it's a world cup.

Be a bit disappointed if headline read "England, Wales, South Africa, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, Samoa, Tonga, USA, Bulgaria, Russia, Australia etc etc - decide screw it, can't be arsed to try and win World Cup".
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:14 pm

nobbled wrote:Be a bit disappointed if headline read "England, Wales, South Africa, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, Samoa, Tonga, USA, Bulgaria, Russia, Australia etc etc - decide screw it, can't be arsed to try and win World Cup".

Made i larf! Very Happy
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by wickedwasp Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:18 pm

Must admiy, I read that & thought - nah, let's just sit this one out - after all it's only a home RWC.

Anyway, we're washing our hair that day Very Happy

wickedwasp

Back to top Go down

Post by idris Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:37 pm

I still can't believe that because Italy and Scotland decided to hand england the game + 2 chargedowns, England are now world beaters again!

idris

Back to top Go down

Post by idris Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:38 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XAzWQ0NpUU

idris

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:47 pm

Post this again in 2015 and let's see where we're at.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowshot Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:07 pm

I still can't believe that because Italy and Scotland decided to hand england the game + 2 chargedowns, England are now world beaters again!

I think you invent this to amuse yourselves. So far as I can see what's got us all chirpy is that feel we have a team and coaching set up and maybe even an RFU that give us a chance of being worldbeaters again. Sure, they're inexperienced and we can all see flaws, but compared with the sides we were producing pre-Lancaster - especially the WC - this side is just better across the board. Why are you surprised we're chirpy?

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:14 pm

I think if the welsh used the term worldbeaters you would see many posts carrying disdain - How about being able to compete with the top teams first - Last night Lancaster stated that he was getting rid of arrogance in the english set up and perception - maybe its so ingrained in some places, people don't even see it. thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:26 pm

RubyGuby wrote:I think if the welsh used the term worldbeaters you would see many posts carrying disdain - How about being able to compete with the top teams first - Last night Lancaster stated that he was getting rid of arrogance in the english set up and perception - maybe its so ingrained in some places, people don't even see it. thumbsup

I think that when South Africa hand us our arses in a sling ,the pendulum may swing back the other way with the media and the more fickle supporters. Personally if we can make a decent game out of any of the tests I'll be happy. As you say Ruby, we need to be able to compete with the top teams, and I don't think we're quite there yet.
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:29 pm

Fresh air Nobbled, you're a breath of fresh air. Good luck with it mate, there is so much to work on in that team but Lancaster has shown that he will get the best out of what he has got and he's a good tactitian and motivator - Very much a realist which is needed thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Toohey Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:50 pm

RubyGuby wrote:I think if the welsh used the term worldbeaters you would see many posts carrying disdain - How about being able to compete with the top teams first - Last night Lancaster stated that he was getting rid of arrogance in the english set up and perception - maybe its so ingrained in some places, people don't even see it. thumbsup

You do know the person who introduced the phrase 'world beaters' to this thread was Welsh right? I know it's easier to keep the chip on your shoulder if you think it was an Englishman but please understand that targeting the world cup and claiming that you are 'world beaters' are very different things. One the new manager has done, the other he hasn't.

Toohey

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:54 pm

Like I said it must be ingrained - now remove that chip thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:55 pm

idris wrote:http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070831020749/uncyclopedia/images/a/a2/Flying_Pig.jpg

Rather harsh there. The RWC has been won by the home team 3 times out of 7, while the home team has made the final on 2 of the other 4. In addition, no team has retained the RWC, so the odds are against the All Blacks repeating. 2015 is a long ways off, and England probably have more room for improvement than any of the top 6.

If the RWC was being held in 2013 I'd pick England to get knocked out in the quarters again. But 2015 Whistle

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:58 pm

I think the OP is just having a wind up Kiwi - The pig looks funny - At the moment there are 6-7 sides that could win in 2015 and each will be targetting it thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:06 pm

RubyGuby wrote:I think the OP is just having a wind up Kiwi - The pig looks funny - At the moment there are 6-7 sides that could win in 2015 and each will be targetting it thumbsup

I know and I agree with you on the 6-7 sides. But it gave me an opportunity to trot out some stats I've been pondering for a while Smile

The next 3 years have the potential to be very interesting. New Zealand, South Africa, England and France under new/newish coaches, with varying degrees of rebuilding to do. Wales and Australia have different challenges in terms of pushing up a level from good bases under established coaches. And Ireland need to arrest their decline, and try to convert provincial success into international.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:34 pm

Kiwireddevil wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:I think the OP is just having a wind up Kiwi - The pig looks funny - At the moment there are 6-7 sides that could win in 2015 and each will be targetting it thumbsup

I know and I agree with you on the 6-7 sides. But it gave me an opportunity to trot out some stats I've been pondering for a while Smile

The next 3 years have the potential to be very interesting. New Zealand, South Africa, England and France under new/newish coaches, with varying degrees of rebuilding to do. Wales and Australia have different challenges in terms of pushing up a level from good bases under established coaches. And Ireland need to arrest their decline, and try to convert provincial success into international.

thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by idris Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:24 pm

I guess I shouldn't get too cocky. Wales has one of the largest populations in Europe and a massive player base so it's natural that they would beat England and win the Grand Slam.

idris

Back to top Go down

Post by wickedwasp Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:31 pm

This is starting to get a bit tedious now.

I and most of the other English fans on this board have happily acknowledged that Wales are a very good team at the moment.

I am aware of the Welsh predilection for measuring themselves by England, so can understand how any optimism or sign of an upturn must be galling.

However, it is actually possible to be gracious both in victory and defeat with a little effort.

wickedwasp

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:33 pm

wickedwasp wrote:This is starting to get a bit tedious now.

I and most of the other English fans on this board have happily acknowledged that Wales are a very good team at the moment.

I am aware of the Welsh predilection for measuring themselves by England, so can understand how any optimism or sign of an upturn must be galling.

However, it is actually possible to be gracious both in victory and defeat with a little effort.

This.

Also mods, people were banned for winding up the welsh, so why is this guy allowed to do so against the english?

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by freeman lowell Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:01 pm

........threads like this dont inform anyone of anything other than the ops inadequacy.....

freeman lowell

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:20 pm

I don't quite understand Idris.

Do you believe that England will not target the 2015 world cup?

Or is it that you believe that a side that has actually won the RWC, has home advantage and reached the quarter finals of every RWC at least has no chance?

This is a not very well thought out thread at all.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:28 pm

Kiwireddevil wrote:

Thats very true kiwi and the amazimg thing is looking at the sxv many of the new players are getting stuck in straight away. From what i can see there will be new stars surfacing from nz and SA but im not as convinced about oz. Maybe i havnt watched them enough yet.

But a new young SA worries me. If we dont watch out a new dynasty could be on the rise. Its well overdue. Thats why the england bok series will be exciting. Two up and coming young teams going at it.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by EngInAuck Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:16 am

idris wrote:I still can't believe that because Italy and Scotland decided to hand england the game + 2 chargedowns, England are now world beaters again!

I Still can't believe that because they got a lucky try against in-experienced England side and beat Ireland because of a dodgy penalty awarded in the last minuet Wales are now the best team in the Northern Hemisphere and an now Challenge the SH giants. Whistle Laugh

No ones saying England are world beaters atm, maybe in 2015. Doh

Typical Insecure Welsh Poster. thumbsup
EngInAuck
EngInAuck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down