The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke Donald: "I have a chance of making history"

+24
Skydriver
Calder106
Sand
Redrage
JAS
Diggers
navyblueshorts
gaelgowfer
Shotrock
JPX
Faldono1fan
mystiroakey
hend085
Davie
MustPuttBetter
super_realist
liegerwoods
Maverick
kwinigolfer
hogie
Marcus
NedB-H
drive4show
KeizoYamata
28 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Luke Donald: "I have a chance of making history" - Page 3 Empty Luke Donald: "I have a chance of making history"

Post by KeizoYamata Tue 18 Oct 2011, 6:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

"There was never really a decision to be made, I have a chance of making history," Donald posted on Twitter. "See you all at Disney next week."

Ok defend his arrogance this time!! Luke boasting about his chance to top the money list on both tours. When was the last time we had a golfer boast they are in a position to make history, money or winning? It's even more pitiful considering the former number 1 who played less on both tours made twice as much as he has made now and could have made history 10times over but was not interested in such trivial pursuits. Maybe he should Luke before you leaps Rolling Eyes

So I ask, Is this the new modest Luke? Westwood, Luke, Casey, Poulter all seem to have one thing in common. And I don't mean the painful lack of majors.

KeizoYamata

Back to top Go down

Luke Donald: "I have a chance of making history" - Page 3 Empty Re: Luke Donald: "I have a chance of making history"

Post by Maverick Sun 23 Oct 2011, 9:38 pm

Also to point out did we really just see Webb get interviewed without mentioning his god! Must've been his day off as it's Xfactor Sunday! Whistle

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Luke Donald: "I have a chance of making history" - Page 3 Empty Re: Luke Donald: "I have a chance of making history"

Post by Maverick Sun 23 Oct 2011, 9:40 pm

drive4show wrote:I think for me, the highlight of Luke's round was the two putt on the 18th. Normally very good with his iron distance control, not sure if he underclubbed or didn't get the contact he was after but to get down in 2 from the front of the green when he knew exactly what was at stake was brilliant.

Well done Lukey, fingers crossed the other results go your way thumbsup

I don't think he got his distances wrong I think he was as his brother pointed out expecting a flier from fluffy lie but got a clean contact so didn't get the run out he was expecting.

Interestig Kelly Tilghman mentioning in all his starts Luke only finished outside of the top 10, 6 times that is superb

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Sun 23 Oct 2011, 9:41 pm

I think it is time this article was made a sticky. If the mods can't delete this timewaster's inflammatory articles, then at least allow us the pleasure of ridiculing him with the fullest derision possible.

Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sand Sun 23 Oct 2011, 9:43 pm

Great performance especially when he doesnt have his normal caddie this week either.

Sand

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:04 pm

Well that arrogant Englishman, wins the money list, wins a WGC, 2 European victories, a PGA tour victory and 15 top 10 finishes really doesn't deserve that ranking does he Keizo.....................................

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:07 pm

One of the performances of the year without question, shame he's such an arrogant, egotistical big head. Rolling Eyes

The silence for Keizo (and thankfully Webb Simpson) is deafening.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:08 pm

My ears are ringing at the sound of a pin dropping instead of bleeding at the sound of Keizo wumming............

How nice no GodSquad quotes fom Bart (Webb) Simpson.

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:08 pm

I doubt very much that the OP will make any further contribution to this thread....Humble pie and reclusiveness do tend to go hand in hand.

I would actually be semi impressed by Keizo if he had the humility to come out and admit that he was wrong to question Donalds credentials.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:09 pm

For me this win shows Donald has the potential to be a bit more than very good. Very impressive, first PGA strokeplay win forxa while when he really needed it.
Take that game head into the majors and he will be tough to beat next year.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:12 pm

Maverick wrote:Well that arrogant Englishman, wins the money list, wins a WGC, 2 European victories, a PGA tour victory and 15 top 10 finishes really doesn't deserve that ranking does he Keizo.....................................

i think it was 25 top tens

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:13 pm

JAS wrote:I doubt very much that the OP will make any further contribution to this thread....Humble pie and reclusiveness do tend to go hand in hand.

I would actually be semi impressed by Keizo if he had the humility to come out and admit that he was wrong to question Donalds credentials.

Unlikely he will do that JAS, more likely he'd come on here and find a way to claim he was handed the title because god had a day off so Webb couldn't get oustide help or he'd say if Tiger was there blah blah blah....

What flavours that humble pie hope it's leaving a bitter after taste

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:15 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
Maverick wrote:Well that arrogant Englishman, wins the money list, wins a WGC, 2 European victories, a PGA tour victory and 15 top 10 finishes really doesn't deserve that ranking does he Keizo.....................................

i think it was 25 top tens

Indeed something like that but 14 PGA tour top 10's and thats what the Wummery of Keizo will look to denounce so for stats sake its 14 US

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:16 pm

Keizo-san's comments acted as a 15th club in the bag for arrogant Lukey today. Praise the lord!!!

I'd like to thank Mizuno, Ralph Lauren, God, Gatorade and Titleist for bringing us this magnificent victory.

Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:17 pm

Oh and the Royal bank of Canada.

Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:20 pm

So thats World #1, US Money list #1, soon to be RTD #1 any money on xmas #1 Whistle

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:21 pm

Sports personality of the year?

Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:23 pm

Marcus wrote:Sports personality of the year?

Smart money would say yes but rarely does a golfer win the accolade. Though I would like to vote Klitschko as oversees personality for shuttng up big gob overhyped David Haye

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:26 pm

McIlroy probably would have won it if he hadn't decided to disappear up his own arse over the last few months.

If the BBC create a new "arrogant personality of the year" award, Lukey will definitely win.

Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:28 pm

Not a fan of McIlroy and be happy to see him not win it.

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:29 pm

didnt mcdowel get it last time?

not sure.

anyway i know that westy and mcdowwel was in the running.

again though tough call between mcilroy or donald(or even clarke!!!)

major avheivements are special. but i suppose this time donald would just win it out especially if he wins both tours- which i suppose he cant really fail with his lead over mcilroy

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:31 pm

Can't think of too many British sportsmen outside of Golf actually who could do well at SPOTY. The England/Welsh/South African/Irish Cricket Team will probably get Team of The Year, but the sentimental vote will probably go for Clarke ahead of Luke, and although Cavendish has had a spectacular year he'll be overlooked, of course the BBC could pull out another contrived "winner" like Horse Face Zara Philips or Ryan Giggs.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:34 pm

AP McCoy won last years don't think GMac or Westy eve made final 3 in theend wrongly so...

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:34 pm

The only award Giggsy will win is shagger of the year.

Clarke is a good shout.

Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:35 pm

i cant think of any better deserving than our golfers to be honest.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:36 pm

Marcus wrote:The only award Giggsy will win is shagger of the year.

Clarke is a good shout.

He has the personality to back it up too. He'd get my vote.

Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:37 pm

Amir Khan has had a pretty good year. Murray his best year ever but in an era of greats so still no slam but two Masters.
Mo Farah has been sensational all year as well.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:38 pm

mo farah yep i suppose, murray very good ok but we have two major golf winners and a no.1 so all 3 beat him. lost touch on the boxing.

anyone else?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:42 pm

Tom Lewis!!

Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:43 pm

Marcus wrote:Tom Lewis!!

maybe 2012- actually i want donald to stay at no.1 and get a couple of majors.westy can have 2013 so lewis for 2014

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:47 pm

If an athlete gets a gold at the Olympics that's 2012 sorted unless Muzza wins Wimbledon.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 23 Oct 2011, 10:51 pm

Won't DC get the Ryan Giggs vote? (Not the crumpet part of it, don't know that about DC, but the beenaroundfortwentyyearsandI'magoodguyvote.)

Reckon he must stand a BIG chance.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Sun 23 Oct 2011, 11:06 pm

If it's about the "story" Clarke should walk it. If it's about who is the best Brit (sorry Kwini) sportsmen then not so much.
Probably my vote just would be Farah for winning the 10 after just losing in the 5. Bit no doubt someone will point out he is Somalian anyway.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 23 Oct 2011, 11:14 pm

id be happy with mo,donald clarke or mcilroy.

in all honesty tho id give it to donald.

he has 100% cemented his no.1 today, and thats what has done it for me.

no disrespect to our major( the open), darren clarke or any other open winner- but its never a level playing field.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Sun 23 Oct 2011, 11:18 pm

KeizoYamata wrote:"There was never really a decision to be made, I have a chance of making history," Donald posted on Twitter. "See you all at Disney next week."
Very Happy

KeizoYamata wrote:Ok defend his arrogance this time!! Luke boasting about his chance to top the money list on both tours.
Doh

KeizoYamata wrote: Maybe he should Luke before you leaps

Doh

laughing

Great tournament by the number 1 player in the world, on the PGA Tour and without doubt European R2D. notworthy

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by Calder106 Sun 23 Oct 2011, 11:26 pm

Well done Luke Donald fully deserved. Smile

Calder106

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Sun 23 Oct 2011, 11:28 pm

Maverick wrote:

Smart money would say yes but rarely does a golfer win the accolade. Though I would like to vote Klitschko as oversees personality for shuttng up big gob overhyped David Haye
Laugh Would love to see Klitschko get it Mav!

Think McIlroy and Clarke both have better shouts for it than Donald, it's the majors wot count for the general public (and the RC). Not sure who else there is, but one of the cricketers would be a good shout, emphatic Ashes win and a demolition of India at home.... Cook probably.

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by Faldono1fan Sun 23 Oct 2011, 11:35 pm

There you are Keizo. Not arrogance, but total belief he could do it. What a performance by the undisputed world number 1! Very Happy

Faldono1fan

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 24 Oct 2011, 12:00 am

Mods...I'm seriously not joking when I ask this....I don't think Keizo should be allowed to start a new WUM thread unless he comes on to this one and eats humble pie and admits he got it so so wrong!!

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Mon 24 Oct 2011, 7:57 am

JAS wrote:Mods...I'm seriously not joking when I ask this....I don't think Keizo should be allowed to start a new WUM thread unless he comes on to this one and eats humble pie and admits he got it so so wrong!!

I'd love nothing more than to see and help assist with that, but I'm no longer a MOD so all I can suggest is put in a request to the admin team

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Mon 24 Oct 2011, 9:33 am

I suspect not, deserving as it might be. We might have another year where there's more than one golfer in the running (Luke, Rory or Darren), hence splitting the golfing community vote, and even then, I think that the other 2 are better known to the general sports public [media coverage of Rory, esp after his demolition job at the US Open, and obviously DC won the "home" major as far as British fans are concerned, great comeback story after tragedy etc; also Luke being based in US might turn some folks off].

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon 24 Oct 2011, 9:45 am

It was strange (or perhaps not) that the sports bulletins on Sky News this morning made no mention of Luke.

OK so there were a couple of high profile football results yesterday and the small matter of a RWC final but it seems harsh that such a stunning Sunday performance was largely ignored.

I bet if it had been Rory (or even Tiger).....

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by jockneyboy Mon 24 Oct 2011, 10:01 am

I can't see a golfer getting BSPOTY, however Clarke, McIlroy & Donald will surely all be nominees. Mark Cavendish will probably win the top prize or maybe Phil the power Taylor. Too many of the British public take the name of the show too literally, they think its an award for the most charismatic sportsman or woman. They should change the name to sports person of the year so the numpty X factor watching population don't get confused!

jockneyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eyetoldyouso Mon 24 Oct 2011, 10:23 am

Whilst Luke, Darren & Rory may be worthy candidates for SPOTY as well as Mo Farah, Andy Murray & even Amir Khan, this honour should really go to Mark Cavendish.
He has won the equivalent of 2 majors this year (3 if you include the ScheldeprijsClassic) and is universally acknowledged as the fastest cyclist on the road.

Eyetoldyouso

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 24 Oct 2011, 10:31 am

arr mark cavendish- good shout

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 24 Oct 2011, 10:35 am

heres a funny one in the spirit of Keizo.

who has more majors than lee westwood, luke donald, Rory mcilroy, sergio garcia, paul casey, ian poulter and justin rose combined.

The answer; John daly.

How funny is that?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 24 Oct 2011, 10:40 am

john daley is/was a sick(in the good sense) golfer man- so i think perhaps if we replaced him with oustenhose or paul lawrie, ermm actually he would never use a european would he, substitute it with an obscure 1 time yanky winner- todd hamilton perhaps

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Mon 24 Oct 2011, 11:28 am

McLaren wrote:heres a funny one in the spirit of Keizo.

who has more majors than lee westwood, luke donald, Rory mcilroy, sergio garcia, paul casey, ian poulter and justin rose combined.

The answer; John daly.

How funny is that?

And which of those 8 golfers is living out of a caravan?? ha ha Laugh
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 24 Oct 2011, 11:37 am

MustPuttBetter wrote:

The answer; John daly.

How funny is that?

Does he pitch his caravan at Daly Farm..... Wink

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Mon 24 Oct 2011, 2:14 pm

Just seen that a police marksman fired a shot at Dale Farm earlier today.

He walked away with a goldfish, a cuddly toy and an inflatable hammer... Laugh

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Mon 24 Oct 2011, 2:26 pm

Diggers wrote:
MustPuttBetter wrote:

The answer; John daly.

How funny is that?

Does he pitch his caravan at Daly Farm..... Wink

drumroll ............. Doh ....... thumbsup
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3