The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke donald is pants....

+8
oldparwin
Shotrock
JAS
mentalrhino
liegerwoods
super_realist
George1507
McLaren
12 posters

Go down

Luke donald is pants.... Empty Luke donald is pants....

Post by McLaren Mon 02 Jan 2012, 4:02 pm

......it took him 13 events to win the European tour money list. Ai Miyazato needed just two events to win the Ladies European tour money list.

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/devil_ball_golf/post/Ai-Miyazato-captures-LET-money-title-by-playing-?urn=golf-wp7537

http://www.ladieseuropeantour.com/money_list.php

You would have to think the rules might be altered sometime soon.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Luke donald is pants.... Empty Re: Luke donald is pants....

Post by George1507 Mon 02 Jan 2012, 4:22 pm

Well, if she won more money than anyone else, then she was the leading money winner.

Dress it up any way you like, that's the reality.

If the rules were changed, what would happen? Melissa Reid would be first on the list with €287K and Ai Miyazato would be somewhere down the list with an * saying something like won more money but didn't play enough events to qualify.

George1507

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 02 Jan 2012, 4:25 pm

George

If the mens gamed used the same system Tiger would have won the european tour money list about ten times.

I actually prefer the way the women do it as it highlights the weakness in European golf instead of pretending all is rosie like the mens game did, or may still do.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 02 Jan 2012, 4:36 pm

Mac, with your 'if's', 'but's' and 'maybe's' you're beginning to sound as sad as Keizo/Max/Simba.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by liegerwoods Mon 02 Jan 2012, 6:01 pm

mac

what weaknesses do you think european golf has ?

the european team has a very good rc record and the ET as far as i can see is as close to a global tour as we can get without including pga tour events.

the only thing that skews it is co sanctioned events that offer massive 1st prizes.

liegerwoods

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 02 Jan 2012, 6:22 pm

The standard of courses on the european tour is weak more often than not.

The prize money is small compared to the PGA tour.

All to often the field is so poor the minimum OWGR points clause kicks in.

Compared to the pga tour there is less strength in depth in terms of player ability.

The tour panders to the middle east and south east asia a bit too much for my liking. Would rather see quality courses in stronger markets.

Only 1 full time player in the top 20 of the world golf rankings.

Shall I continue?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by liegerwoods Mon 02 Jan 2012, 6:43 pm

McLaren wrote:The standard of courses on the european tour is weak more often than not.

The prize money is small compared to the PGA tour.

All to often the field is so poor the minimum OWGR points clause kicks in.

Compared to the pga tour there is less strength in depth in terms of player ability.

The tour panders to the middle east and south east asia a bit too much for my liking. Would rather see quality courses in stronger markets.

Only 1 full time player in the top 20 of the world golf rankings.

Shall I continue?

yes please do

liegerwoods

Back to top Go down

Post by liegerwoods Mon 02 Jan 2012, 7:00 pm

the ET is what it is mac

it can never compete financially with the PGA tour.

the courses are no worse than the resort courses on the PGA tour

i cannot agree that the players are not as able. for me there are to many one dimensional players on the PGA tour

I am sure if i looked at the top 20 there would be at least 10 players with ET membership or have come through the ET and then jumped ship for the money up for grabs on the PGA tour.

ive always enjoyed the european golf more than the PGA tour so i am biased but i honestly think european golf is strong at the moment.

liegerwoods

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 02 Jan 2012, 8:05 pm

Talking out of your arse again in the name of wummery Mac? Predictable as usual Mac. Rolling Eyes

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 02 Jan 2012, 8:23 pm

Wummery, you cheeky Poopie! I am astounded by such allegations, would you care to point out exactly what points I make come from the bum?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 02 Jan 2012, 8:57 pm

What proof do you have that European events take place on poor quality courses? doak again?
Laughable Mac.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mentalrhino Mon 02 Jan 2012, 9:10 pm

If the LET players are so poor, why where they victorious in they Solhiem Cup last year?

mentalrhino

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 02 Jan 2012, 10:48 pm

Have you just discovered you're related to Keizo Mac??

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Tue 03 Jan 2012, 2:09 pm

Just a year ago, many were going on and on about how the European (perhaps World Tour would be a better description) tour was on the rise with McIlroy and Westwood eschewing the US tour. The fact of the matter is (a) there's more money to be had on the US tour (b) fields are deeper (c) for a touring professional the ability to earn a living is just easier managing the day-to-day logistics. The events in the US are VERY well run.

As the game grows, I'm sure it will morph into a more world tour, but we're not there yet (despite Greg Norman's massive ego trying to ply a square peg into a round hole).

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Tue 03 Jan 2012, 2:34 pm

The ET is stifled by the PGA, as they want to be the only Tour, until the greedy European Tour players start to support the ET, the PGA will dictate everything.

In the tough economic climate sponsorships are hard to come by, so you need to guarantee top players to events to attract sponsorship, the PGA are very good at doing this, so the ET is left out in the cold, if Donald, Westwood, and the other big names of the ET would do more to support the ET, then the PGA might not be able to dictate the way they do, and the ET could be hold the same status as the PGA

Rant Over

oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Tue 03 Jan 2012, 4:53 pm

Calling the players "greedy" is a bit OTT..............if you are offered 2 jobs, one with a £ 40,00 a year salary and the other with a £ 100,000 a year salary, which one will you pick??

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by oldparwin Tue 03 Jan 2012, 9:15 pm

They are GREEDY as they are now multi millionaires and the prize money to them is not all that important, but funny how once they make it big, they quickly forget the Tour that gave them their start.

Without the ET none of them would have made it, the PGA would not have entertained them, they needed the ET to help start their careers, now the ET needs some loyalty from them to help it survive, and not be squashed by the PGA, and most of them are turning their backs on the ET!!! WELL SHAME ON THEM

oldparwin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 03 Jan 2012, 9:25 pm

Glad to see me supposed wummery has been supported. Oh dear super you will need to start opening your mind once in a while.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 03 Jan 2012, 10:53 pm

Maybe Mac but isn't there a slight flaw in the wummery. I could be wrong but didn't Donald come through the American College system and join the PGA Tour BEFORE he joined the European Tour. I'm struggling to grasp the finer points of your wummery and the spin offs from it.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 04 Jan 2012, 12:04 am

JAS wrote:Maybe Mac but isn't there a slight flaw in the wummery. I could be wrong but didn't Donald come through the American College system and join the PGA Tour BEFORE he joined the European Tour. I'm struggling to grasp the finer points of your wummery and the spin offs from it.

Your not the only one, I was more than a little confused by the accusation.

Anyone the fact donald did not need the European tour to succeed would only strengthen my assertion that the benefits of the european tour are not as great as some people purport.

Super

Other than the European tours visits to Scotland when do they play on decent courses? The Netherlands maybe, but where else?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Wed 04 Jan 2012, 3:49 am

Super

Other than the European tours visits to Scotland when do they play on decent courses? The Netherlands maybe, but where else?[/quote]

I think Valderrama is one very decent and tough golf course.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by number1hacker Wed 04 Jan 2012, 4:40 am

PGA De Catalunya and Bro Hof Slott (Sweden) look like pretty good tracks to me..

number1hacker

Back to top Go down

Post by GT350 Wed 04 Jan 2012, 6:19 am

Funny how people who are apparently not millionaires, know exactly what motivates one!
I agree with Cregan, most players are NOT greedy. You don't know when life will deal you a bad hand so look after your family while you can. One things for sure, nobody else will.
Let the managers manage and the players play, wherever they feel like it.

GT350

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 04 Jan 2012, 7:31 am

mac,
Wentworth, Hoylake, sandwich, birkdale, Celtic Manor, Irish Open, Valderamma, Crans sur Sierre (switzerland), Sweden, French Open, BMW Munich, Abu Dhabi, Dubai off the top of my head are all tournaments played on top class courses.
you only said they are poor because it suits your agenda (and probably your Doak loving criteria) , you haven't played them any more than you have played the ones on the PGA TOUR, so you saying the European Tour is played on rubbish courses is pure conjecture, you actually have no idea whether they are poor or not. You play your golf on a municipal course and thinks this gives you insight to what makes a course good and from what you see on your illegally streamed tv or on Tiger Woods 2012 on your beloved playstation.
Plenty American courses look rubbish on TV, but I bet they aren't. While others like Augusta look amazing but many pros says it is totally overrated and many of the holes are poor.

Ironically though, the one European course you say is great (the old course) is probably the worst course on the entire tour.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down