The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Weight Are You and Who Would You Face?

+42
ian_jamsie
Herman Frotchlinger
rycoys
Seanusarrilius
kevchadders
oneorthree
Sir. badgerhands
coxy0001
quentins_monkey
bellchees
eddyfightfan
The genius of PBF
Sugar Floyd Louis
md_fan
The Galveston Giant
whotobeA
zx1234
ShahenshahG
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
jbeadlesbigrighthand
ONETWOFOREVER
inman124
TRUSSMAN66
Rowley
BearHug
huw
John Bloody Wayne
BALTIMORA
Lumbering_Jack
Sugar Boy Sweetie
oxring
Mind the windows Tino.
Liam_Main
6oldenbhoy
Michaels, Sean
Scottrf
Union Cane
TopHat24/7
Fists of Fury
sodhat
KingMonkey
Mr Bounce
46 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What Weight Are You and Who Would You Face? Empty What Weight Are You and Who Would You Face?

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 27 Sep 2011, 3:29 pm

A bit of Tuesday fun:

You need to state your weight and height and then state which of the active boxers today would you face in your division if you had to? Doesn't matter if you think you'll either knock them out or get pummelled (think this is more likely in most cases!) but let's make it funny!

I'm 5 ft 8" and a chunky boy. After a bit of a struggle I can make the 200lb Cruiser limit. I'll take that pesky Denis Lebedev. How dare he knock out RJJ? I'll show hi-.....

..."Hello? Hello? Can you hear me? Nurse, more oxygen please! Let's get him to hospital" laughing

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

What Weight Are You and Who Would You Face? Empty Re: What Weight Are You and Who Would You Face?

Post by KingMonkey Tue 27 Sep 2011, 3:32 pm

5' 8'' Ten stone 4 but could easily get down to super feather where I'd batter the crap out of a crippled Nicky Cook.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

What Weight Are You and Who Would You Face? Empty Re: What Weight Are You and Who Would You Face?

Post by sodhat Tue 27 Sep 2011, 3:32 pm

I'm 5'10 and roughly 168. I don't fancy my chances at Super-Middle to be honest.

I'd take on Ward and try and get a DQ win from his dirty tactics... If that's failed by the 12th round (or, more likely 12th second) I'd pull off a flying Ortiz headbutt and demand a rematch.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 27 Sep 2011, 3:34 pm

I'm 6ft tall and weigh 170lbs.

Let's say then that I would fight at the super-middleweight limit after taking a dump to remove the excess 2 lbs.

I'd probably choose to go in with Dirrell or Ward. Certainly wouldn't want to face monsters like Froch, Abraham and Kessler (though thinking about it, getting sparked straight away would probably be preferable to taking a sustained panning..).

Tactics? To run until I was knackered...and then get knocked out in the 2nd round.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 27 Sep 2011, 3:34 pm

A white Derek Chisora would be a generous description (though I'm an inch or two taller) therefore it's the heavyweights for me. Fairly happy Fraudley won't throw a punch so I'll take him on and try butt my way Ward/Bradley style to the W and an Olympic gold medallist on my CV!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 27 Sep 2011, 3:36 pm

6'1 and 210 lbs

Same height and a few pounds lighter than Denis Boytsov.

Spoiler:
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 27 Sep 2011, 3:39 pm

168, could kill myself to make 160 and stand more chance against Martinez than Barker.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Tue 27 Sep 2011, 3:42 pm

Union Cane wrote:6'1 and 210 lbs

Same height and a few pounds lighter than Denis Boytsov.

Spoiler:
Are you carrying some timber Union?
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 27 Sep 2011, 3:43 pm

I reckon he probably doesn't look like Boystov...

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 27 Sep 2011, 3:45 pm

My weight is a bit lower down than Denis's to be fair.

I'm still convinced I could get down to light heavy though with a degree of effort, although I haven't seen cruiser for a long time.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Tue 27 Sep 2011, 3:46 pm

I'm a shade under 6' 2" and weigh 145 pounds. I think I could make LWW, LW may be a bridge too.

I'd fight Paulie Malignaggi. With the knockout power we both possess it would make Hagler-Hearns seem like it lasted a lifetime...

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 27 Sep 2011, 3:47 pm

Union Cane wrote:My weight is a bit lower down than Denis's to be fair.

I'm still convinced I could get down to light heavy though with a degree of effort, although I haven't seen cruiser for a long time.
You reckon you could lose 35 pounds? I think it's fair to say you shouldn't be calling TRUSSMAN fat from now on.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 27 Sep 2011, 3:47 pm

6ft 2 and 145lbs? Jesus, streak of wee!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Tue 27 Sep 2011, 3:49 pm

I'm 5ft 8 and would be a Straweight if I was a boxer Laugh
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 27 Sep 2011, 3:50 pm

6oldenbhoy wrote:I'm a shade under 6' 2" and weigh 145 pounds. I think I could make LWW, LW may be a bridge too.

I'd fight Paulie Malignaggi. With the knockout power we both possess it would make Hagler-Hearns seem like it lasted a lifetime...

You vs. Tommy Hearns himself? May have a reach advantage!

Wouldn't want to take that right hand though.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 27 Sep 2011, 3:51 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:6ft 2 and 145lbs? Jesus, streak of wee!
Imagine him next to Union, we could have an episode of Supersize vs Superskinny.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Tue 27 Sep 2011, 3:51 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:6ft 2 and 145lbs? Jesus, streak of wee!

I like to think of myself as a white Tommy Hearns. Pity no-one else does...

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 27 Sep 2011, 3:52 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Union Cane wrote:My weight is a bit lower down than Denis's to be fair.

You reckon you could lose 35 pounds? I think it's fair to say you shouldn't be calling TRUSSMAN fat from now on.

That could be the kick that I need....
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 27 Sep 2011, 3:52 pm

5' 1" and 305lbs.

thumbsup Trussy thumbsup

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Tue 27 Sep 2011, 3:54 pm

6'2 and weigh in at just under 200lbs. Probably couldn't cut to 175 - certainly wouldn't have anything left if I did. Would be KOd by Eric Crumble.

I'd like to have a shot at Huck - except not in Germany. Fight him in a 4 rounder, run away/hold for all 4 rounds, do little of significance and then win a hometown decision. See how he likes it.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Tue 27 Sep 2011, 3:58 pm

I'm 5'11" and 11st, so I'd be a rangy LMW (as much as I hate him I'm very similar to margarito in size and physique - but thankfully not facially though, the ugly cat-weasel faced jimmy hill chinned pleb).

To be honest I reckon I could clean out the 154lb division the way it is right now, but if I could fight only one of them it'd be marg - I'd slip a few house bricks into my gloves and batter him senseless, then claim to have been looking the other way when my wraps were being done.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Tue 27 Sep 2011, 4:09 pm

the ugly cat-weasel faced jimmy hill chinned pleb

Laugh

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 27 Sep 2011, 4:19 pm

6' 190lb. I would have to fight at cruiser as my physique is shredded and god-like so losing weight is not an option.

I'd fight Macca, my magnificent physique would scare him in to submission, like he did with Haye.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 27 Sep 2011, 4:20 pm

6'1 and 192lbs, although I could cut to 175 healthily. Probably emulate Cleverly's meteoric rise to fame and take on nothing but the cream of the crop of European taxi drivers and postmen.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 27 Sep 2011, 4:20 pm

I'm 6'6 231lb. I'd clean up at light flyweight.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Tue 27 Sep 2011, 4:42 pm

6ft and probably somewhere between 170-180. I think if I got into fighting shape I'd actually be 185-195 which was where I was when I played rugby.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue 27 Sep 2011, 4:43 pm

Well, I'm 5'10" and 172lb's - lightheavies for me, quite a weak division so I'd give up the weight advantage to face Audley as I feel we both have a similar fear of being punched.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 27 Sep 2011, 4:47 pm

Michaels, Sean wrote:6ft and probably somewhere between 170-180. I think if I got into fighting shape I'd actually be 185-195 which was where I was when I played rugby.

Blindside flanker? Number 8?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 27 Sep 2011, 4:48 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Michaels, Sean wrote:6ft and probably somewhere between 170-180. I think if I got into fighting shape I'd actually be 185-195 which was where I was when I played rugby.

Blindside flanker? Number 8?

Kit man.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by BearHug Tue 27 Sep 2011, 4:51 pm

6ft 5 and 210

Fancy my chances against Evander, reckon he would be up for it if I paid him a couple of quid

BearHug

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 27 Sep 2011, 4:53 pm

Isn't it amazing how many people are 6ft and over.

I wonder how that compares against the national average.

chin
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 27 Sep 2011, 4:54 pm

Union Cane wrote:Isn't it amazing how many people are 6ft and over.

chin

I'm gonna come clean, I'm 5'10.

Anymore?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 27 Sep 2011, 4:55 pm

chin

Most have winning amatuer records as well.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by BearHug Tue 27 Sep 2011, 4:56 pm

chin

its how I get online dates

anyone interested? I can send a picture

BearHug

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue 27 Sep 2011, 4:56 pm

chin

Sadly statnig I was 5'10" on the internet would probably equate to 4'9" in real life, would also claim a good sense of humour and a huge.......

The internet is like the Carlsberg version of us all!!!

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 27 Sep 2011, 4:58 pm

huw wrote:Sadly statnig I was 5'10" on the internet would probably equate to 4'9" in real life, would also claim a good sense of humour and a huge.......

A massively inferior version Headscratch

I'm 6 1.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue 27 Sep 2011, 5:07 pm

Scottrf wrote:
huw wrote:Sadly statnig I was 5'10" on the internet would probably equate to 4'9" in real life, would also claim a good sense of humour and a huge.......

A massively inferior version Headscratch

I'm 6 1.

As in Carlsberg don't give our details on the internet but if they did ...

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 27 Sep 2011, 5:07 pm

chin

I am genuinely 6ft 1 Union, and just so you can be certain I am not lying and the like will confess my weight is around the 220 mark

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 27 Sep 2011, 5:09 pm

rowley wrote:I am genuinely 6ft 1 Union, and just so you can be certain I am not lying and the like will confess my weight is around the 220 mark

That's the same as Denis Boytsov, just like me.

He does carry it well, the bugger.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 27 Sep 2011, 5:10 pm

Have to admit Union carrying it well is not something I am commonly accused of

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 27 Sep 2011, 5:10 pm

huw wrote:As in Carlsberg don't give our details on the internet but if they did ...
Yeah I know, couldn't resist a dig at Carlsberg.

Judging by this thread the forum could make more money advertising Weightwatchers than Primetime.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 27 Sep 2011, 5:11 pm

I'm not fat, my BMI is 28, just like Denis Boytsov.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 27 Sep 2011, 5:13 pm

6ft 1 back in my college days but seem to be a smidgeon under 6 now..

205 pounds last time I checked...

arms = 17 1/2

chest = 49

man sausage = 10

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 27 Sep 2011, 5:13 pm

Union Cane wrote:I'm not fat, my BMI is 28, just like Denis Boytsov.

You have got one arm and half a leg missing though.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 27 Sep 2011, 5:15 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:You have got one arm and half a leg missing though.

An extra half leg, more like...

Wahey!!
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 27 Sep 2011, 5:16 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:6ft 1 back in my college days but seem to be a smidgeon under 6 now..

That will be the gravity acting upon your belly slowly curving your spine.

thumbsup

Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by inman124 Tue 27 Sep 2011, 5:18 pm

5ft 10, 9 stone 7, id like a scrap with Katsidis lol

inman124

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 27 Sep 2011, 5:23 pm

My knee measuerment is 78 inches and I have a 10(11)-0-1 amateur record. The draw, I have on good authority was a robbery but I was well classy and didn't maon or nothing.

I was down on points and cut going into the 9th round in my last fight but pulled out a killer uppercut and finished it. They say I've got great heart and one coach who was friends with Stanley Ketchel says I remind him off Stanley.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 27 Sep 2011, 5:24 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:My knee measuerment is 78 inches and I have a 10(11)-0-1 amateur record. The draw, I have on good authority was a robbery but I was well classy and didn't maon or nothing.

I was down on points and cut going into the 9th round in my last fight but pulled out a killer uppercut and finished it. They say I've got great heart and one coach who was friends with Stanley Ketchel says I remind him off Stanley.

Glad you made it over here one bomb

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 27 Sep 2011, 5:24 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:6ft 1 back in my college days but seem to be a smidgeon under 6 now..

205 pounds last time I checked...

arms = 17 1/2

chest = 49

man sausage = 10

A 49cm chest? Skinny boy aren't you Truss?? laughing

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next