The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ROG asked to delay retirement plans

+25
PJHolybloke
red_stag
DaDubs1
Mickado
Gibson
Pot Hale
welshy824
Sin é
BlueMuff
pete (buachaill on eirne)
MrsP
Portnoy
Gatts
Irish Curry
Shifty
Cymroglan
Feckless Rogue
rodders
Artful_Dodger
KiaRose
Thomond
greybeard
eirebilly
Notch
Cari
29 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

ROG asked to delay retirement plans - Page 4 Empty ROG asked to delay retirement plans

Post by Cari Sun 18 Sep 2011, 11:23 am

First topic message reminder :

From RTÉ:

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/worldcup/2011/0918/ireland_ogara.html

Ireland will seek to persuade Ronan O'Gara to shelve any retirement plans after the fly-half hinted the World Cup will be his Test swansong. An emotional O'Gara indicated in the aftermath of yesterday's magnificent 15-6 victory over Australia that his 11-year international career was almost over.

"It's massive, this is it for us. I'm done with Ireland in a few weeks," he told RTÉ Sport. "I've had a great time in this jersey but I want this to be the biggest time. It's a great team, a great bunch of lads and it means a lot to us."

Team manager Paul McNaughton revealed an effort would be made to convince O'Gara, who kicked two crucial penalties at Eden Park, to continue playing for Ireland. "Ronan hasn't talked formally to us about it. There's no doubt he still has something to offer the team after the World Cup," said McNaughton.

"He's contracted for the next couple of years. Undoubtedly (coach) Declan Kidney and the management will be encouraging him to stay on. "He's a very, very important part of the set-up here."

O'Gara has kicked 1,039 points for Ireland during his 113-cap career, but has slipped to second place in the fly-half pecking order behind Jonathan Sexton. The 34-year-old, who made his debut in 2000 and has been on three Lions tours, could yet reclaim the number 10 jersey given Sexton's unconvincing performances against the USA and Australia so far this month.

What do fans think? Should he carry on for a little while yet? My personal view is,unless he no longer enjoys playing or isn't fit to do so, I think he could continue for another year with Ireland.

Cari

Back to top Go down

ROG asked to delay retirement plans - Page 4 Empty Re: ROG asked to delay retirement plans

Post by Feckless Rogue Fri 23 Sep 2011, 5:56 pm

Yeah cheers Sin E. I wouldn't mind seeing the match again. Would be could to hear the SH commentators and pundits.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

ROG asked to delay retirement plans - Page 4 Empty Re: ROG asked to delay retirement plans

Post by Irish Curry Fri 23 Sep 2011, 6:05 pm

Sin, Who did the commentators rate out of interess?
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 23 Sep 2011, 6:45 pm

Irish Curry wrote:Sin, Who did the commentators rate out of interess?

Total admiration of BOD & ROG before a ball was touched. During the match it was pretty much POC, Healy & Ferris. They thought Kearney was good as well. Seemed to rate Andrew Trimble (think that might have been from previous tours more than anything else).

I should say they were a bit one eyed, so any praise that Irish players got was praise indeed.

They thought their scrum was doing good as well (up to about half time) Shocked

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 23 Sep 2011, 6:46 pm

Feckless Rogue wrote:Yeah cheers Sin E. I wouldn't mind seeing the match again. Would be could to hear the SH commentators and pundits.

Sent you a PM Hug
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Fri 23 Sep 2011, 6:51 pm

[quote="Sin é"][quote="Irish Curry"]Sin, Who did the commentators rate out of interess?[/quote]

Total admiration of BOD & ROG before a ball was touched. During the match it was pretty much POC, Healy & Ferris. They thought Kearney was good as well. Seemed to rate Andrew Trimble (think that might have been from previous tours more than anything else).

I should say they were a bit one eyed, so any praise that Irish players got was praise indeed.

[b]They thought their scrum was doing good as well (up to about half time)[/b] Shocked

[/quote]

🤦 Laugh Thats a strange one!

Seems in keeping with what people on here are saying, I suppose there would think our commentary is daft though, imgaine if they saw George Hook! Shocked
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 23 Sep 2011, 6:53 pm

Georgie Hook for Pres!
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Fri 23 Sep 2011, 6:58 pm

[quote="Gibson"]Georgie Hook for Pres! [/quote

Shocked
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 23 Sep 2011, 7:10 pm

Gibson wrote:Georgie Hook for Pres!

+ 1
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 23 Sep 2011, 7:44 pm

Gibson wrote:
BlueMuff wrote:
leinsterbaby wrote:God ROG is such a motor mouth. When I watched this interview live I did feel the emotions he was feeling but just thought typical ROG making it about himself again. Sometimes he should be banned from post match interviews.

Having said that he has been a great servant and although he didnt do too mach harm and probably just got caught up in the emotions of the game I wish he would just avoid trying to grab the headlines and go under the radar a bit more.

I would be of the total opposite to be honest. I find the boring cliches from POC and BOD so uninteresting.

ROG is a big personality in the game and certainly makes in much more interesting whether hes giving his view on the Premiership, Munster v Leinster or anything for that matter.

If all players were PC like POC and BOD the world would be very boring. I always look forward to hearing what he says.

guinness Me too. Phook mediocrity and platitudes.

Yeah, but whats interesting to hear isn't always good for the team. I have no problem with senior players wanting to limit the media to as little information as possible. As soon as you say something they are only looking to spin it anyway and distort your words. It's a bit of a circus.

Ferris is the same, very candid. It's refreshing to read- but is it necessary?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 23 Sep 2011, 7:51 pm

Yes. I do think it is necessary. But only from those who have earned the right, over time - to do so. Who says Kidney does not love this? Twit-erring NO. Defiant words in post match interviews - YES please.

It's what this team has always lacked. Let POC & BOD play Paddy Humble. Let ROG kick arse.

These guys are with each other day-in, day-out. Do you think the amount of ribbing and wind ups are not rampant behind the scenes? I like it. It builds inner-competitiveness. Its healthy.

As long is it does not detract from the main prize.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 23 Sep 2011, 7:57 pm

Back up the truck lads. This is nothing to do with being humble or bigging yourself up. Thats fine in my book if you can back it up.

This is about ROG essentially blackmailing the coaches into selecting him by threatening to renege on his contract after the RWC. That is a totally different thing altogether and by the sounds of it he's still at it by being cagey about his future plans.

It's not on in my book and if he was thinking of retiring after the RWC he shouldn't have signed the contract.

You don't see guys like John Hayes carry on like that.

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsuperclear Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:01 pm

Gibson wrote:Yes. I do think it is necessary. But only from those who have earned the right, over time - to do so. Who says Kidney does not love this? Twit-erring NO. Defiant words in post match interviews - YES please.

It's what this team has always lacked. Let POC & BOD play Paddy Humble. Let ROG kick arse.

Is it really though? I love ROG's interviews as well, but when an interview affects the team in a negative way, which his potentially could have done, it doesn't seem necessary at all. He is a very articulate and intelligent man though, and like a couple of ye said, I'd much rather listen to him than anyone else (especially Kidney - jaysus interviewing a brick wall after a match would give more insight into the game....and less cliches too Smile ). I wouldn't give out about ROG too much though. He was clearly emotional after the game and was thinking of his family and his frustration at not starting the match at the same time, and his words were the result. No intent to take the spotlight at all IMO. So, while is interviews probably aren't necessary for the team, I'm all for them Very Happy

mrsuperclear

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:06 pm

mrsuperclear wrote:
Gibson wrote:Yes. I do think it is necessary. But only from those who have earned the right, over time - to do so. Who says Kidney does not love this? Twit-erring NO. Defiant words in post match interviews - YES please.

Is it really though? I love ROG's interviews as well, but when an interview affects the team in a negative way, which his potentially could have done, it doesn't seem necessary at all. He is a very articulate and intelligent man though, and like a couple of ye said, I'd much rather listen to him than anyone else (especially Kidney - jaysus interviewing a brick wall after a match would give more insight into the game....and less cliches too Smile ). I wouldn't give out about ROG too much though. He was clearly emotional after the game and was thinking of his family and his frustration at not starting the match at the same time, and his words were the result. No intent to take the spotlight at all IMO. So, while is interviews probably aren't necessary for the team, I'm all for them Very Happy

Does it really impact the players though. We get all worked up but sure the players no exactly whats he like and thinking anyhow. They are all friends.

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:09 pm

Oh stop playing the humble Paddy card, Rodders. Enough. This team is good enough to kick any teams arse. Lets start believing and promoting that.

Cant believe Im doing this but I'm backing ROG for more of this.

Id love it if he upped it - after a 50 point win over Russia... by saying: "OK Sexton, you Leinster Ladyboy, now that is how to run a back line. Want some huh? Then try come and take it off me"

Its time for the Irish Sporting Psyche to get up off its self-deprecating arse. It and it alone - has been our biggest handicap for eons.

Last edited by Gibson on Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:10 pm

BlueMuff wrote:
Does it really impact the players though. We get all worked up but sure the players no exactly whats he like and thinking anyhow. They are all friends.

I doubt Sexton is his friend after this carry on. With friends like that who needs enemies. Maybe Sexton should start threatening to walk out his contract as well to make it an even playing field when it comes to selection?
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:12 pm

Judging by Keatleys form here tonight maybe the IRFU should show ROG the door right now....
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:24 pm

roddersm wrote:
BlueMuff wrote:

I doubt Sexton is his friend after this carry on. With friends like that who needs enemies. Maybe Sexton should start threatening to walk out his contract as well to make it an even playing field when it comes to selection?

They both don't like playing 2nd-fiddle. As it should be, with any Pro who strongly believes in their own abilities. But, to think they are that being childish about it - having won 4 x HC's between them - is naieve. I would bet, that they have major respect for each other - in a professional capacity. I don't want them to be friends. I want them to take this team to a higher-level. Its my country. Not my province.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsuperclear Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:27 pm

BlueMuff wrote:
mrsuperclear wrote:

They may or may not know what he's thinking. It's fairly debatable that they're all friends too. I'm sure you get on reasonably well with everyone you work with but are you really friends with them? Would you trust all of them with sensitive information about how you're "done" with the company in a few weeks? You get what I mean? I mean even in school for every 30 people in your class were you really friends with them all? I'm not saying it did affect the players, but anything that potentially takes the teams mind off of Russia/Italy etc, is unnecessary and could impact on the players IMO.

I definitely wouldn't be going as far as Rodders is saying he said what he said to get picked as starting FH and more money off the IRFU. Pure speculation and a conspiracy theory. No doubt it's possible, but it's considerably more likely ROG was very emotional after the game and said things he wouldn't have intended to say. The heart rates on those lads during a normal match is unreal. The emotion they must have had after beating a 3N side on SH soil for the first time since 1979 in a crucial world cup match? Have you ever said something while drunk that you wouldn't while sober? Obviously you have...same kind of situation really. Not having a go btw Rodders just disputing your thought process Hug

mrsuperclear

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:35 pm

Gibson wrote:
roddersm wrote:
BlueMuff wrote:

They both don't like playing 2nd-fiddle. As it should be, with any Pro who strongly believes in their own abilities. But, to think they are that being childish about it - having won 4 x HC's between them - is naieve. I would bet, that they have major respect for each other - in a professional capacity. I don't want them to be friends. I want them to take this team to a higher-level. Its my country. Not my province.

No Gibson! Rugby is a team game. The ultimate team game. Your fellow players are your brothers and everyone needs to respect each other and trust each other and be willing to bleed for each other. They don't need to like each other.

Of course they both want to play and believe they are the best. That will bring out the best of them and drive the team on. However what won't drive the team on, is players using underhand, sneaky and cowardly tactics to force the coaches hand when it comes to selection.

I'm surprised anyone would condone this let alone think it's a good thing. If every player threatened to retire or resign if they don't get picked then there would be anarchy and the whole thing would be a shambles.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:38 pm

On the other side of the coin, it is well known that ROG & BOD are huge mates. That, is also vital. They have been through so much together over the years...

Check them after the SLAM win. Check them after any huge win. Check them after we beat Oz. It is blatantly obvious, that these two goys are in man-love.

Don't need that with the cocky Sexton & ROG though. Just need the sum of the disparate provincial parts - to take us to Nirvana together.

Then, they can all shhag each other. I really don't give a phhok who gets on with who.

And... Id watch.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:45 pm

roddersm wrote:
Gibson wrote:
roddersm wrote:
BlueMuff wrote:

No Gibson! Rugby is a team game. The ultimate team game. Your fellow players are your brothers and everyone needs to respect each other and trust each other and be willing to bleed for each other. They don't need to like each other.

Of course they both want to play and believe they are the best. That will bring out the best of them and drive the team on. However what won't drive the team on, is players using underhand, sneaky and cowardly tactics to force the coaches hand when it comes to selection.

I'm surprised anyone would condone this let alone think it's a good thing. If every player threatened to retire or resign if they don't get picked then there would be anarchy and the whole thing would be a shambles.

Oh Rodders, me Norn-Iron darlin. Here. Heres a Hug

This is the Rugby World Cup. Not a Ludo session.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 23 Sep 2011, 8:46 pm

Gibson I don't give a bollix if they love or hate each other. In fact I hope they beat the bayjeesus out of each other in training.

Flannery and Best were always getting into punch ups. Great stuff.

That is nothing to do with it. Using the media to influence the coaches is just plain wrong. Threatening to break your contract is wrong. Disrespecting your team mates and coaches in public is wrong.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 23 Sep 2011, 9:11 pm

Rog is just trying to boost Sexton's performance,good to see he still has fight in him and wants to play for Ireland. This has been blown totally out of proportion.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 23 Sep 2011, 9:30 pm

roddersm wrote:Gibson I don't give a bollix if they love or hate each other. In fact I hope they beat the bayjeesus out of each other in training.

Flannery and Best were always getting into punch ups. Great stuff.

That is nothing to do with it. Using the media to influence the coaches is just plain wrong. Threatening to break your contract is wrong. Disrespecting your team mates and coaches in public is wrong.

Rodders, if that is your sole perception of what happened, I am not going to bother to try and change it. Its cool man. Its an opinion-based forum. Your opinion is as vital, or as irrelevant as mine - and others. That's the beauty of it.

We have bigger fish to fry. And no chips please.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 23 Sep 2011, 9:38 pm

I literally don't give a flying feic what they say to the media so long as thats their attitude behind closed doors. Do you think Kidney and O'Driscoll are mumbling platitudes in the dressing room afterwards? Bollix.

It's not Kidneys style to shout and scream but he never shows his true face to the media.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 23 Sep 2011, 9:45 pm

Notch,
I thank you for the affirmation. It took a while, but I do Believe we got there in the end. OK
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 23 Sep 2011, 9:45 pm

OK Gibson I have no chips, I just don't like what rog did and is still doing. However if Sexton doesn't start kicking >80% of his kicks I'll be changing my avatar to a picture of ROG. I think you are taking some of what I'm saying the wrong way but feic it it's time to move on..... Run
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Fri 23 Sep 2011, 10:30 pm

roddersm wrote:
Gibson wrote:
roddersm wrote:
BlueMuff wrote:

Rodders watch Rogs last kick again. Just when they won it sexton gave ROG a fist of "stick it over mate"

Your are just taking this way out of proportion.

But I cant wait to see you change your avatar to a picture of ROG Yahoo

Last edited by BlueMuff on Fri 23 Sep 2011, 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cant type)

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 23 Sep 2011, 10:52 pm

OK BlueMuff lets move on. I hope ROG has a cracker on sunday guinness
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 24 Sep 2011, 9:17 pm

Gibbo,guess who I met today.....

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sun 25 Sep 2011, 10:33 am

Guess what Rodders ROG had a stormer. I only skimmed some of the posts but your conspiracy theories are amusing. I bet you are one of our norn brethren who cant get over Humphreys being dropped for the superior younger version

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 25 Sep 2011, 10:36 am

He was quite good he threw an intercept and kicked a horrible cross kick at one stage. His kicking was good,Sexton is still in the driving seat I'd imagine. DOD,stop trying to goad people. Rodders, has no problem with ROG or Munster. Jesus like.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 25 Sep 2011, 10:39 am

Thomond wrote:Gibbo,guess who I met today.....
Keeeaanoooooooooo!? guinness
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 25 Sep 2011, 10:43 am

Yeah buddy,sound fella. Surprisingly knows quite a bit about Cork Soccer.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sun 25 Sep 2011, 11:14 am

I wouldn't say he has no problems but you are right i will cease and desist .

Keano...legend

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Sun 25 Sep 2011, 12:35 pm

ROG played very well. Pity His comments after the Oz match will cost him the jersey v Italy. OGara knows he won't retire after the WC as he is contracted for two more years. Just couldn't resist making it all about himself again.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Sun 25 Sep 2011, 12:47 pm

leinsterbaby wrote:ROG played very well. Pity His comments after the Oz match will cost him the jersey v Italy. OGara knows he won't retire after the WC as he is contracted for two more years. Just couldn't resist making it all about himself again.

Eh? Surely he would have been benching today if Kidney was going to punish him and not allowed give a MOTM performance against Russia Whistle

O'Gara knowing that he couldn't retire anyway because of his contract supports the theory that he meant he was done with world cups, not anything else?

To your way of thinking, Sexton is making it about himself, not the team with people claiming that 'his' confidence will be destroyed if he doesn't start. What about Ireland losing games because he can't get kickale kicks? What does that do to team morale?

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Sun 25 Sep 2011, 2:17 pm

Sexton hasnt been mouthing off to the media you clown. As for ROGs start v Russia, it was a second sting Ireland team. Hence OGara is second choice. Despite his good performance his antics after the Australia will prevent him from whinging his way into the starting 10 berth and he only has himself to blame and he knows it.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun 25 Sep 2011, 2:42 pm

ROG should start,Sexton's kicking is pathetic in the last few games. He has never been the best but for an outhalf of interanational standard it is poor.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Sun 25 Sep 2011, 2:47 pm

leinsterbaby wrote:Sexton hasnt been mouthing off to the media you clown. As for ROGs start v Russia, it was a second sting Ireland team. Hence OGara is second choice. Despite his good performance his antics after the Australia will prevent him from whinging his way into the starting 10 berth and he only has himself to blame and he knows it.

Only thing that will influence Kidney's decision as to who starts against Italy will be who is most capable of winning the game. Right now, its O'Gara.

And no need to resort to name calling thumbsup
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 25 Sep 2011, 6:44 pm

Yes. Name calling loses the argument/discussion. No need for it.

I think Kidney has a massive call to make for Italy. Its a must-win game. So Id personally start ROG on that basis. Maybe Sexton needs to come on later in the game and not start - to get his mojo back. It may just work. Or maybe let Sexton start and the 1st sign of the yips, move him to 12 and bring ROG on. I think that seems to be the backup plan. It works.

I trust Kidney to make the right call. Its a huge one.

Country 1st. Province 2nd. I want us in the knockouts v Wales. Italy will be fancying their chances against us. They always do. Nothing between us in the last few games.

We must take it wide and attack them on the flanks. Feic this running it up the middle and playing it their way and into their hands..
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 26 Sep 2011, 8:48 am

Thomond wrote:He was quite good he threw an intercept and kicked a horrible cross kick at one stage. His kicking was good,Sexton is still in the driving seat I'd imagine. DOD,stop trying to goad people. Rodders, has no problem with ROG or Munster. Jesus like.

+ 1 OK
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 26 Sep 2011, 8:53 am

I’ve a sneaking feeling we’re going to see both of them start on Sunday.
Otherwise it should be ROG starting. I rate Sexton highly but he’s not performing. I rate ROG highly and he is, simple choice.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Mon 26 Sep 2011, 11:42 am

Kidney will make the call that is best (ROG Very Happy ).

It will have nothing absolutely nothing to do with comments made by any player.

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 26 Sep 2011, 12:11 pm

The way i see it is that we had an out of form outhalf 4 years ago we would have been boned, now we don't. That's a positive. I won't be focussing on Sexton. He's a quality player, but there's something not right with him now, he'll come good and Ireland will be better for it.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by dublin_dave Mon 26 Sep 2011, 2:03 pm

now in favour of rog and sexton to play italy.

not sure the Italians have the brains to cope with two playmakers in the 10 and 12 jersey. also should in theory get more ball into the hands of bowe/earls/kearney/trimble. maybe a little harsh on darcy given the aus game but hey ho.

dublin_dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Mon 26 Sep 2011, 2:08 pm

Two seasons ago I was calling for Sexton to be Irelands first choice 10 because he was playing better than ROG. But now ROG is kicking nearly all his goals and Sexton is missing more than half of his. ROG deserves to start. It will be interesting to see if Kidney gives Sexton another chance in what is potentially a knockout match.

Not sure about Sexton at 12. It works in theory because he has the required skills and apart from his kicking, he's actually playing quite well. Better than D'arcy. But it hasn't really been practiced so it only works in theory. We'd have to try it against Italy, as that is a game we should win anyway. I wouldn't like to be testing it for the first time in a quarter final against Wales.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Mon 26 Sep 2011, 10:18 pm

I bet that somewhere in this article someone has made the analogy between Jonny and Flood.

Very similar relative ages and very similar relative game styles.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 27 Sep 2011, 10:24 am

Is there a thinly veiled subtle dig at ROG in this article?...not sure if thats what Trimble intended with his comments, but the article seems to be edited that way to contrast Trimble's situation with ROG's.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/world-cup/irish-news/trimble-lsquoyou-get-bitter-or-you-get-betterrsquo-2887910.html

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Tue 27 Sep 2011, 10:47 am

roddersm wrote:Is there a thinly veiled subtle dig at ROG in this article?...not sure if thats what Trimble intended with his comments, but the article seems to be edited that way to contrast Trimble's situation with ROG's.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/world-cup/irish-news/trimble-lsquoyou-get-bitter-or-you-get-betterrsquo-2887910.htm

To me it reads like oversentimental mush demanded to fill column inches. You can almost hear the editor in the background screaming "we sent you to the other end of the f***ing Earth. Get me a f***ing story"

But he got that instead.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next