The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Degale Groves rematch early 2012?

+9
Union Cane
TRUSSMAN66
Michaels, Sean
TopHat24/7
huw
BALTIMORA
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
School Project
quentins_monkey
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Degale Groves rematch early 2012? Empty Degale Groves rematch early 2012?

Post by quentins_monkey Fri 16 Sep 2011, 12:20 pm

Just read the following article on Boxingscene:

http://www.boxingscene.com/degale-i-want-groves-early-2012-i-ko-him--43838

As the title states, Degale is looking to rematch Groves early next year. What are your thoughts on this?

Personally would've preferred this to happen a few years down the line when they've both got a few more fights in, but with Groves now also with Warren think this will probably happen sooner rather than later...

quentins_monkey

Back to top Go down

Degale Groves rematch early 2012? Empty Re: Degale Groves rematch early 2012?

Post by School Project Fri 16 Sep 2011, 12:26 pm

Needs to happen a lot later, they don't need each other as much as Warren or DeGale think. It's time to move on. Prove themselves at the next level and fight when there's more at stake.

They would both benefit from this and we would see a different fight.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 16 Sep 2011, 12:47 pm

They make a lot more money out of this fight than they do any other domestically so it makes sense. Defeats against each other don't do them much harm especially when Warren is involved.

DeGale loses to Groves then gets a Euro title shot. Wouldn't be surprised to see them fight for the Euro strap (as long as DeGale wins it) early next year.

Really good for both imo as well because they are the best domestically they will struggle to get tougher opponents below World class.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by quentins_monkey Fri 16 Sep 2011, 1:10 pm

I can definitely see the financial aspect of it being appealing to both fighters, but as a fan I'd much prefer to see how they both go forward in their careers and see how far they can get without the need to fight each other so soon after the previous bout... I think it would make for a much more entertaining fight in the future as well...

On the flip side, I suppose if Degale wins it does set up nicely for a deciding bout in the professional ranks further down the line..

quentins_monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 16 Sep 2011, 1:50 pm

School Project wrote:Needs to happen a lot later, they don't need each other as much as Warren or DeGale think. It's time to move on. Prove themselves at the next level and fight when there's more at stake.

I agree with this. I fear that if they were to rematch now or anytime soon and Groves were to lose, he'd be left by the wayside. I think Warren has a much greater interest in Degale's career than he does Groves'.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Sep 2011, 2:25 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
School Project wrote:Needs to happen a lot later, they don't need each other as much as Warren or DeGale think. It's time to move on. Prove themselves at the next level and fight when there's more at stake.

I agree with this. I fear that if they were to rematch now or anytime soon and Groves were to lose, he'd be left by the wayside. I think Warren has a much greater interest in Degale's career than he does Groves'.

THIS.

Clearly Warren is looking to fast track Degale at the expense of Groves...

There is unfinished business and Warren wants Degale to tie up this loose end so he can move him on.

Sadly, Groves is an afterthought.

Personally wouldn't mind seeing Groves throw another spanner in the works, even though Degale is....

chuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunkaaaaaaaaaay, so chuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunkaaaaaaaaaaaaay

ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Fri 16 Sep 2011, 2:30 pm

Personally I'm not really interested in this fight at the current time. Seems pointless as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe Warren wants to make a quick buck now whilst also lining up 'The Decider' further down the line when they are both further along in their careers.

Potentially two good paydays for him this way.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 16 Sep 2011, 2:56 pm

Feel bad for Groves, think he should've seen this coming and gone to Matchroom not Warren.

He worked really hard and did exceptionally well in a fight he got a lot of flack over from press, pundits and forums alike who all predicted he'd lose comfortably, if not even make the end of the fight.

And now he's thrown almost straight into a rematch by a bitter Warren who got stung big time on the last result and I don't see DeGale making the same mistakes twice.

They should be allowed to forge their own careers and have a proper rematch at world level that'll make serious money in 3 years time.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Sep 2011, 4:06 pm

Warren is definitely out to screw over Hayemaker in any way shape or form...even if it means signing their ex-fighters in order to do the dirty on them.

Still, Warrens go form for this sort of thing so why is anyone surprised. personally, I'd love to see Groves do a number on Degale again and then jump ship

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Fri 16 Sep 2011, 4:19 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Warren is definitely out to screw over Hayemaker in any way shape or form...even if it means signing their ex-fighters in order to do the dirty on them.

Still, Warrens go form for this sort of thing so why is anyone surprised. personally, I'd love to see Groves do a number on Degale again and then jump ship

Hayemaker screwed themselves. Too arrogant. I think Groves will be ok with this. Nothing to say he won't win again and even if he does lose he has the claim to a money spiining finale to the trilogy. We should applaud Warren. He could have either of them up against a tomato can and he'd make money.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 16 Sep 2011, 4:21 pm

Doesn't make financial sense.....Better if it comes later with a title at stake...

Thought these two were brave to fight when they did but why waste their best efforts at a British European level.....

Go after a WBO or something..first.

Degale wins for me if they do square off..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 16 Sep 2011, 4:24 pm

I thought...

Whistle

I said at the time that when Warren signed Groves, it was with the sole aim of re-matching with his golden boy Degale, so that JD could correct the blip on his record as soon as possible and then move on with his career.

I really can't see what is in it for Groves, his career has really stalled.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Fri 16 Sep 2011, 4:25 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Doesn't make financial sense.....Better if it comes later with a title at stake...

Thought these two were brave to fight when they did but why waste their best efforts at a British European level.....

Go after a WBO or something..first.

Degale wins for me if they do square off..

But they would then have the decider with more on the line.

Would sell better if they were 1-1 than 1-0.

Warren will be looking to earn a nice little amount in the meantime.

At the moment this is a nothing fight yet it would sell, so why not sell it.

Don't agree with it and think it is pointless at the moment but if you were in this to make money it makes sense.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 16 Sep 2011, 4:27 pm

That's if Degale wins!!!!

If he doesn't he's a busted flush and if one of them gets battered a la Starling-Honey who needs a third fight..

Seem silly to fight again now...

Go your separate ways and meet up later.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Fri 16 Sep 2011, 4:28 pm

Union Cane wrote:I thought...

Whistle

I said at the time that when Warren signed Groves, it was with the sole aim of re-matching with his golden boy Degale, so that JD could correct the blip on his record as soon as possible and then move on with his career.

People criticise Warren's match making record yet here he is pitting 2 young prospects together. Are either going to get a world title shot, and if they don't won't we all be crying it is undeserved? This is what people say about Bellew and his record matches theirs.

The way I see it it makes a lot of sense forthe fans and the fighters.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 16 Sep 2011, 4:30 pm

He only pitted Degale and Groves because he thought Groves was an easy night...

Let's not forget that....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Fri 16 Sep 2011, 4:33 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:That's if Degale wins!!!!

If he doesn't he's a busted flush and if one of them gets battered a la Starling-Honey who needs a third fight..

Seem silly to fight again now...

Go your separate ways and meet up later.

In fairness though if DeGale didn't learn from the last fight he's finished anyway. Would have to expect Degale to win the second as he was such a strong favourite first time and on paper should win.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Fri 16 Sep 2011, 4:38 pm

I reckon Degale will destroy Groves in a rematch he will not make the same mistake twice. He is too talented for Groves who is just not as good imo.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Fri 16 Sep 2011, 4:39 pm

Waingro wrote:I reckon Degale will destroy Groves in a rematch he will not make the same mistake twice. He is too talented for Groves who is just not as good imo.

IMO counts for little. The stats say it is 2 - 0
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Fri 16 Sep 2011, 4:42 pm

Michaels, Sean wrote:
Waingro wrote:I reckon Degale will destroy Groves in a rematch he will not make the same mistake twice. He is too talented for Groves who is just not as good imo.

IMO counts for little. The stats say it is 2 - 0

The amateurs don't count for a huge amount though in the pro game, if they did Audley wouldn't be on strictly!

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Fri 16 Sep 2011, 4:44 pm

I think anyone with sense is agreeing: Fighting now is pointless.

This isn't Morales vs. Barrera, Marquez vs. Pacquiao or Benn vs. Eubank.

These boys are still green, why waste good time in fighting each other? If DeGale wins what are we treated to? Either an immediate rubber match in the next year or Groves career being forgotten about.

There's other fights out there for them, its POINTLESS them pair fighting each other for the next year as it could potentially damage the career of one of them... they are both promising prospects, the money will be better later for them and we would have a much different fight... that's certain.

Anyone who thinks a rematch this soon isn't thinking of the bigger picture!

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 16 Sep 2011, 4:55 pm

Michaels, Sean wrote:

Whistle

People criticise Warren's match making record yet here he is pitting 2 young prospects together. Are either going to get a world title shot, and if they don't won't we all be crying it is undeserved? This is what people say about Bellew and his record matches theirs.

It's the reasoning behind his matchmaking that gets as much stick as anything else, and the reasoning behind this fight (bitterness) is as bad as anything.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Fri 16 Sep 2011, 4:57 pm

lol counting a fight from the amateurs is a joke the pro game is far different. DeGale is the more talented fighter, Groves is good but even at his best he barely beat Degale who fought a bad fight when Degale is fights him again he will be much more focused and wont make the same mistakes and Groves will be done for. That is the reason Warren and degale want a quick rematch because they know that will be the outcome.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Fri 16 Sep 2011, 5:02 pm

Waingro wrote:lol counting a fight from the amateurs is a joke the pro game is far different. DeGale is the more talented fighter, Groves is good but even at his best he barely beat Degale who fought a bad fight when Degale is fights him again he will be much more focused and wont make the same mistakes and Groves will be done for. That is the reason Warren and degale want a quick rematch because they know that will be the outcome.

The fact that it would take 2 attemps (not including the Amateurs) doesn't say much about how talented DeGale actually is.

Groves barely beat DeGale you're right, but DeGale DIDN'T win the fight. He was clueless and was shown to be a little one-dimensional. You can hype it up as much as you want. Both fighters need more development, they're not going to get that from each other.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 16 Sep 2011, 5:03 pm

Disagree to a certain extent wainy...I think Groves fought a perfect fight and still only nicked it...

Not sure he can improve but I think Degale can....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Fri 16 Sep 2011, 5:12 pm

Degale did not fight at his best and Groves did. If they both fight at their best Degale wins. Simples. Warren knows this and this is why he wants them to fight he again he knows Degale made mistakes and threw the last fight away if he thought Groves was better then he wold not want a remtach.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 16 Sep 2011, 5:18 pm

What do you mean he did not fight at his best???

Mate sometimes your opponent has something to do with your performance...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Fri 16 Sep 2011, 5:21 pm

Waingro wrote:Degale did not fight at his best and Groves did. If they both fight at their best Degale wins. Simples. Warren knows this and this is why he wants them to fight he again he knows Degale made mistakes and threw the last fight away if he thought Groves was better then he wold not want a remtach.

So because DeGale couldn't be bothered it gives him the right for an immediate rematch? He didn't win the fight because he wasn't effective and unfortunately for him on the night, Groves was the better fighter, with the better game plan.

I've watched that fight a few times and noticed a number of crucial errors DeGale made, it isn't just on the night be makes them. He's a swarmer when he's given the chance but is too cagey from the outside, he is only effective in a straight line, he isn't comfortable hitting a fighter with lateral movement...

He will have to learn this, no doubt he's probably looked at this and already done so.

But it wasn't the fact that he had a bad night... he was clueless on how to deal with Groves. Styles make fights, it was a close fight because Groves fought off the back foot and isn't accustomed to do so. He still won, with a gameplan he seldom used before... he still won.

Let DeGale fight for the Euro belt, let him show off his skills against someone else. Let Groves fight who ever he needs to fight and develop. They can meet later. As for now it proves nothing.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Fri 16 Sep 2011, 5:24 pm

Sometimes a boxer does not fight at his best or has a bad fight can happen to anyone and I reckon Degales tactics were wrong and he didnt fight to the best of his abilities. It was still close and I reckon if they fight agains Degale will not make the same mistakes and will have a better plan Groves will has to rely on him fighting below his best again Im not sure Groves could fight any better than he did against Degale.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 16 Sep 2011, 5:24 pm

School Project wrote:
Waingro wrote:Degale did not fight at his best and Groves did. If they both fight at their best Degale wins. Simples. Warren knows this and this is why he wants them to fight he again he knows Degale made mistakes and threw the last fight away if he thought Groves was better then he wold not want a remtach.

So because DeGale couldn't be bothered it gives him the right for an immediate rematch? He didn't win the fight because he wasn't effective and unfortunately for him on the night, Groves was the better fighter, with the better game plan.

I've watched that fight a few times and noticed a number of crucial errors DeGale made, it isn't just on the night be makes them. He's a swarmer when he's given the chance but is too cagey from the outside, he is only effective in a straight line, he isn't comfortable hitting a fighter with lateral movement...

He will have to learn this, no doubt he's probably looked at this and already done so.

But it wasn't the fact that he had a bad night... he was clueless on how to deal with Groves. Styles make fights, it was a close fight because Groves fought off the back foot and isn't accustomed to do so. He still won, with a gameplan he seldom used before... he still won.

Let DeGale fight for the Euro belt, let him show off his skills against someone else. Let Groves fight who ever he needs to fight and develop. They can meet later. As for now it proves nothing.

Did you see Booth's analysis with Groves on Ringside the week or so after? Was really quite interesting.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Fri 16 Sep 2011, 5:28 pm

No, I never get chance to watch Ringside, usually in work until 6pm and don't get home until around 7pm... lack of Sky+ makes it a pain too. I try and catch up with it on Youtube if something interesting happens.

What was Booth on about?

Was it sticking to a gameplan, lateral movement and forcing DeGale off with a jab? Avoiding his inside work and ultimately destroying the only technique he has?

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 16 Sep 2011, 5:41 pm

School Project wrote:No, I never get chance to watch Ringside, usually in work until 6pm and don't get home until around 7pm... lack of Sky+ makes it a pain too. I try and catch up with it on Youtube if something interesting happens.

What was Booth on about?

Was it sticking to a gameplan, lateral movement and forcing DeGale off with a jab? Avoiding his inside work and ultimately destroying the only technique he has?

Try youtube-ing it, I'll undoubtedly do a rubbish job explaining. Basically he talked about how DeGale has a 'mixer' range where he knows he can reach you when you can't reach him and he draws people into that and before they get close enough to land he gets in a couple of softer punches to set-up a full flurry. Therefore fighting off the back foot and making DeGale come at you takes him out of his comfort zone, you just have to hope he knows no plan B. And he didn't. A bit like Roach talking after Hatton-Pac. He said Hatton always cocks before he throws the left (I think) therefore that's all they worked on, they just had to hope Mayweather didn't teach the old dog any new tricks, and he didn't. Tw@t.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveVDK Fri 16 Sep 2011, 5:46 pm

would be much better to see a rematch at world level, which both are capable of getting too, too much time would be wasted for a soon rematch. e.g. Degale winsk, then there instantly be call for a rematch, should focus on getting to world level instead of getting caught up at domestic level.

DaveVDK

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 16 Sep 2011, 5:57 pm

Warren decides to put up a competitive match and not put up prospect versus milkman all the way to the title and he gets stick for it. He puts up prospect versus milkman and gets stick for it. What can he do to please some of you lot? Slightly hypocritical to lambast him for both! Warren isn't in this game to make friends he wants to make money and at the very least this is a competitive fight between two strong prospects. Why would he leave Groves wayside? He's in the business to make money and he will squeeze every last penny out of him, as he did with Alex Arthur Nicky Cook Joe Calzaghe so on and so on. He's not out to ruin his own fighters careers it doesn't make financial sense!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 16 Sep 2011, 5:59 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Michaels, Sean wrote:

Whistle

It's the reasoning behind his matchmaking that gets as much stick as anything else, and the reasoning behind this fight (bitterness) is as bad as anything.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 16 Sep 2011, 6:00 pm

If he is in the game to make money....why is he risking his prospect again in a British title fight???

Only getting stick from a business view point..I applaud him if he makes the rematch..as a boxing lover.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 16 Sep 2011, 6:04 pm

Because a loss on either side doesn't affect them too badly really, stalls Degales career a bit if he loses but he is an olympic gold medalist look how much Audley lived off on that!
groves loses there can be a rubber match made later on when they're (Most probably) going for a WBO!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 16 Sep 2011, 6:06 pm

Two defeats to the same guy would have a big affect on Degale's career...Champion of the world when you can't even beat the best of Britain etc....

If you lose twice what's the point of a rubber match???

Anyhows later...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 16 Sep 2011, 6:08 pm

Never said rubber match if he loses twice I said rubber match if Groves loses, perhaps you should try reading Truss, think your baby has left you with sleep deprivation and you're brain is a bit fuzzy my American amigo!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Fri 16 Sep 2011, 6:45 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
School Project wrote:No, I never get chance to watch Ringside, usually in work until 6pm and don't get home until around 7pm... lack of Sky+ makes it a pain too. I try and catch up with it on Youtube if something interesting happens.

What was Booth on about?

Try youtube-ing it, I'll undoubtedly do a rubbish job explaining. Basically he talked about how DeGale has a 'mixer' range where he knows he can reach you when you can't reach him and he draws people into that and before they get close enough to land he gets in a couple of softer punches to set-up a full flurry. Therefore fighting off the back foot and making DeGale come at you takes him out of his comfort zone, you just have to hope he knows no plan B. And he didn't. A bit like Roach talking after Hatton-Pac. He said Hatton always cocks before he throws the left (I think) therefore that's all they worked on, they just had to hope Mayweather didn't teach the old dog any new tricks, and he didn't. Tw@t.

I'll have to have a watch of that.

I noticed it when DeGale fought Smith. Smith looked outclassed because he thought he was bigger than DeGale and simply couldn't utilise his decent reach. I was begging Smith to throw a stiff jab and circle to his right (against DeGales left) to nullify a counter right, DeGale throws nothing from range, so would be out of range, but Smith was happy to stand infront of DeGale and move in a straight line backwards to the ropes. DeGale's happy to pose all night long until he get's you on the ropes.

You keep circling him and lead the jab and left hook before moving out and the guy is beat... Unless he's actually realised his weakness and working on it.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 16 Sep 2011, 7:48 pm

Groves would be mad to let this fight happen now for the following reasons

1. Groves needs to improve himself before going back in with Degale and can do so against other super mids over next 2 years.
2.If groves wins one of the SM straps in two three years time the fight with Degale will be worth so much more
3.Even if Groves doesn't make it as a top fighter in the division over the next 3 years and loses a fight, he can then cash in on this guarenteed money spinner and fight Degale, Groves needs to know that no matter what this Degale rematch is always there, all he has to do is call Degale out and say 'lalalalalala i beat you twice' and Degale will take it.Be idiotic to take on Degale in 2012 so soon after the first fight

his people better know this too.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 16 Sep 2011, 7:55 pm

I don't think Frank cares as much about Groves career as he does DeGold's. I think Frank would throw Groves in with DeGold tomorrow and if Groves sinks and DeGold floats Frank will be happy.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Fri 16 Sep 2011, 8:03 pm

Lets be honest, there is no chance Warren would put Degale in with Grovesso quickly if he thought Degale would lose. That would potentially ruin his career he would have lost twice to Groves and people would say hes rubbish. But Warren knows that Degale would batter Groves in a rematch and the first fight was because Degale fought a bad fight which can sometimes happen in boxing. If Degale wins it would be 1:1 and maybe even potential for another fight at some stage and both fighters career would not be too harmed. Warren is smart and knows what is going on trust me he knows degale is the more talented fighter and would beat groves in a rematch that is why he wants to set one up quickly. Fair play to Groves he fought a great fight but even then lots of people though it was a draw or degale one and that was Groves fighting at his best with a good game plan.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Fri 16 Sep 2011, 8:15 pm

Waingro wrote:Lets be honest, there is no chance Warren would put Degale in with Grovesso quickly if he thought Degale would lose. That would potentially ruin his career he would have lost twice to Groves and people would say hes rubbish. But Warren knows that Degale would batter Groves in a rematch and the first fight was because Degale fought a bad fight which can sometimes happen in boxing. If Degale wins it would be 1:1 and maybe even potential for another fight at some stage and both fighters career would not be too harmed. Warren is smart and knows what is going on trust me he knows degale is the more talented fighter and would beat groves in a rematch that is why he wants to set one up quickly. Fair play to Groves he fought a great fight but even then lots of people though it was a draw or degale one and that was Groves fighting at his best with a good game plan.

You haven't read my fairly basic analysis of how DeGale has one style above so I'm going to have to say this again...

Ask yourself this because you're convinced DeGale fought a bad fight: DeGale has fought the SAME style since his 3rd pro fight. He has no gameplan if you nulify his attack.

DeGale didn't fight bad on the night... DeGale had no answer.

This isn't Lewis vs. Rahman where one was at the top of their game and took a big shot. This is a man who was uneffective over the course of 12 rounds because Groves fought the perfect fight.

Does DeGale DESERVE a rematch after all of his promises? Nope.
Would DeGale win a rematch? Maybe. But it would have taken his 3rd attempt to beat him...
Do Warren and DeGale want this to happen? Of course they do to save face. But these guys DO NOT need each other.

Seriously, I can't see any reason why they need to fight right now? It proves nothing other than DeGale needs two (three) chances to beat someone and that if he hadn't put his ego and mouth first and concentrated on his weaknesses he might have won.

He doesn't deserve the chance yet.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 16 Sep 2011, 8:17 pm

School Project wrote:
Waingro wrote:Lets be honest, there is no chance Warren would put Degale in with Grovesso quickly if he thought Degale would lose. That would potentially ruin his career he would have lost twice to Groves and people would say hes rubbish. But Warren knows that Degale would batter Groves in a rematch and the first fight was because Degale fought a bad fight which can sometimes happen in boxing. If Degale wins it would be 1:1 and maybe even potential for another fight at some stage and both fighters career would not be too harmed. Warren is smart and knows what is going on trust me he knows degale is the more talented fighter and would beat groves in a rematch that is why he wants to set one up quickly. Fair play to Groves he fought a great fight but even then lots of people though it was a draw or degale one and that was Groves fighting at his best with a good game plan.

You haven't read my fairly basic analysis of how DeGale has one style above so I'm going to have to say this again...

Ask yourself this because you're convinced DeGale fought a bad fight: DeGale has fought the SAME style since his 3rd pro fight. He has no gameplan if you nulify his attack.

DeGale didn't fight bad on the night... DeGale had no answer.

This isn't Lewis vs. Rahman where one was at the top of their game and took a big shot. This is a man who was uneffective over the course of 12 rounds because Groves fought the perfect fight.

Does DeGale DESERVE a rematch after all of his promises? Nope.
Would DeGale win a rematch? Maybe. But it would have taken his 3rd attempt to beat him...
Do Warren and DeGale want this to happen? Of course they do to save face. But these guys DO NOT need each other.

Seriously, I can't see any reason why they need to fight right now? It proves nothing other than DeGale needs two (three) chances to beat someone and that if he hadn't put his ego and mouth first and concentrated on his weaknesses he might have won.

He doesn't deserve the chance yet.

DeGale did fight a bad fight and he knows it he let Groves stay out of range and he never threw enough punches when Groves was in range. Of course he deserves a re match it was a close debatable decision.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Fri 16 Sep 2011, 8:31 pm

So no one can accept that Groves fought a better fight?

More effective with the jab, better counter punch, busier between most rounds and nulified DeGales approach?

He didn't have an off night...

It the way he fights and his style that cost him the fight.

Groves adapted, Degale didn't... that's the difference. If you cannot see that, then I suggest you watch any one of DeGales previous fights, any one of Groves fights and have a look who made the changes.

Close decision yeah I know that, everyone does. But Groves beat DeGale by taking every possible thing away from him.

This is boxing and on the night the better boxer won. If DeGale had an "off-night" on his first headline PPV - then he doesn't deserve a rematch to PROVE how good he is. He should have proven that on the night.

Jim Mcdonald and DeGale lost a lot of face, thats all the rematch is about. To be frank, that's pathetic. Especially at Brit/Euro Level.

I can understand if this was at World Level, but it's not.

It's a pointless rematch made by jealous, greedy and embarrassed men to save face.

Are you not telling me it wouldn't be better to watch both fighters continue in their careers and prove how good they are elsewhere before buzzing a potential rematch in 3 to 4 years?

If DeGale is a real man then he'd act like Hopkins when he learnt from his defeat against Jones Jr and proved himself as one of the greatest Middleweights and a future ATG.

Instead he's happy to cry to "Uncull Fwank" to have ANOTHER go at beating someone.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Fri 16 Sep 2011, 8:32 pm

lol why does degale not deserve a rematch the fight was very close and lots of people thought degale one or it was a draw??

Thats your opinion mate you obviously think Groves will beat degale every time but I think degale is better. Why do you think degale and waren want a rematch with groves quickly if they think he has no answers and will lose?? No offence mate but you make it sound like Groves schooled degale saying degale had no answers. This fight was very close. If degale had no answers how come groves only won by a tiny margin and how come so many people thought degale won it??

I watched Hagler fight Leonard and imo Hagler won the fight but I admit it was close are you saying that Hagler did not deserve a rematch?? I think he id and he would have won a rematch and I also think degale will beat groves in a rematch.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 16 Sep 2011, 8:37 pm

School Project wrote:So no one can accept that Groves fought a better fight?

More effective with the jab, better counter punch, busier between most rounds and nulified DeGales approach?

He didn't have an off night...

It the way he fights and his style that cost him the fight.

Groves adapted, Degale didn't... that's the difference. If you cannot see that, then I suggest you watch any one of DeGales previous fights, any one of Groves fights and have a look who made the changes.

Close decision yeah I know that, everyone does. But Groves beat DeGale by taking every possible thing away from him.

This is boxing and on the night the better boxer won. If DeGale had an "off-night" on his first headline PPV - then he doesn't deserve a rematch to PROVE how good he is. He should have proven that on the night.

Jim Mcdonald and DeGale lost a lot of face, thats all the rematch is about. To be frank, that's pathetic. Especially at Brit/Euro Level.

I can understand if this was at World Level, but it's not.

It's a pointless rematch made by jealous, greedy and embarrassed men to save face.

Are you not telling me it wouldn't be better to watch both fighters continue in their careers and prove how good they are elsewhere before buzzing a potential rematch in 3 to 4 years?

If DeGale is a real man then he'd act like Hopkins when he learnt from his defeat against Jones Jr and proved himself as one of the greatest Middleweights and a future ATG.

Instead he's happy to cry to "Uncull Fwank" to have ANOTHER go at beating someone.

Pointless re match? Did you actually watch it? It was close some thought Groves won some thought DeGale did so a re match is fair. Very close fight that personally I scored a draw.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Fri 16 Sep 2011, 8:45 pm

Waingro wrote:lol why does degale not deserve a rematch the fight was very close and lots of people thought degale one or it was a draw??

Thats your opinion mate you obviously think Groves will beat degale every time but I think degale is better. Why do you think degale and waren want a rematch with groves quickly if they think he has no answers and will lose?? No offence mate but you make it sound like Groves schooled degale saying degale had no answers. This fight was very close. If degale had no answers how come groves only won by a tiny margin and how come so many people thought degale won it??

I watched Hagler fight Leonard and imo Hagler won the fight but I admit it was close are you saying that Hagler did not deserve a rematch?? I think he id and he would have won a rematch and I also think degale will beat groves in a rematch.

He took DeGales most effective asset away from him, that is what "one" him the fight. It was a cagey fight throughout, that's why it was close. The moment Groves allows DeGale inside with his flashy punches with the inside of the glove whilst he bounces up and down DeGale scores points. Guess what? He didn't allow it to happen.

Why? Because he was more technically sound and was superior on the outside.

If the argument is "who deserved to win" then my stance is, the better man won on the night due to better skills being utilised and cleaner effective boxing being shown.

If your argument is "DeGale and Groves need a rematch" then my stance is, they're both still green and it proves that unfortunately, neither of them will ever go beyond the other. If they rely on each other THAT much. Then don't bother pushing either for any further fights. Stick them in a carpark...

One of their careers will be perminantly damaged by a rematch so soon.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Fri 16 Sep 2011, 8:51 pm

Imo Groves career would not be damaged if he lost a rmatch they would be 1-1 so it would be level. If degale lost then he would be in real trouble.

Think about it mate why do you think warren and degale want a rematch? Its because they know degale was not at his best and they think degale will win. Fair play to Groves I like the lad but the way him and booth were acting you would think they had sparked degale out or won a shutout. Even using their best plan they only won by a tiny amount.

Nobodu knows whats going to happen in 3/4 years a rematch then might be pointless if one fighter gets better than the other by a stretch which I think could happen. Degale will go the further of the two and in 4 years he will be much much better than Groves so nobody will care about a rematch then imo.

It sounds like you dont like Degale mate, fair enough not everyone does but come on, anyone that lost a close fight like that would want a rematch especially if if he felt he won the fight and was not at his best. He is fighting for the euro belt next which is a good challenge and if he wins that then why is he out of order wanting a rematch mate?

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next