The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DEGALE WILL DESTROY GROVES EARLY SAY ENZO, NAZ, MCDONNELL!

+11
BALTIMORA
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
azania
Imperial Ghosty
Scottrf
eddyfightfan
Fists of Fury
Lumbering_Jack
Duncan
joeyjojo618
Young_Towzer
15 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

DEGALE WILL DESTROY GROVES EARLY SAY ENZO, NAZ, MCDONNELL! Empty DEGALE WILL DESTROY GROVES EARLY SAY ENZO, NAZ, MCDONNELL!

Post by Young_Towzer Fri May 13, 2011 12:31 pm

from the sun
"Naz reckons it will be over in four, Enzo Calzaghe has said it'll be five or six, and I'll be very, very surprised if it ends up going the distance.

"If it does go the full 12, George will end up getting one hell of a beating."

//////////////////////
Have to agree with Jim here, i dont think Groves is a quarter the fighter DeGale is, i refuse to be drawn into the hype of him being Haye's gym-mate, this fight is an 80/20 fight in favour of DeGale, and i will be utterly staggered if the fight goes past 4 rounds, DeGale will destroy him, its an hype fight and not a pick em fight as some have suggested, DeGale is ready for fringe world level fights, being dropped off Anderson and beating Adamu who just beat the terrible Dilks is nothing special in my eyes, and obviously not McDonnell, Naz' or Enzo's

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

DEGALE WILL DESTROY GROVES EARLY SAY ENZO, NAZ, MCDONNELL! Empty Re: DEGALE WILL DESTROY GROVES EARLY SAY ENZO, NAZ, MCDONNELL!

Post by joeyjojo618 Fri May 13, 2011 12:37 pm

I agree that Groves is going to lose (I think pretty badly), but if you are using his record as a stick to beat him then you could easily do the same for DeGale. He has no significant names on his cv that are worth shouting about.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

DEGALE WILL DESTROY GROVES EARLY SAY ENZO, NAZ, MCDONNELL! Empty Re: DEGALE WILL DESTROY GROVES EARLY SAY ENZO, NAZ, MCDONNELL!

Post by Duncan Fri May 13, 2011 1:06 pm

I don’t think McDonnell and Enzo's opinions are entirely impartial.

But I do think Groves is simple to easy to hit, so will get stopped maybe late on.

Duncan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri May 13, 2011 1:09 pm

It's a 6-/40 fight for me in Degales favour. Although nothing would give me greater pleasure than seeing Groves knock out the poisonous little toad.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri May 13, 2011 1:10 pm

60/40 Degale is about right, though I will be firmly rooting for George to knock some sense it to the little twerp.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri May 13, 2011 1:52 pm

I agree that Groves is going to lose (I think pretty badly), but if you are using his record as a stick to beat him then you could easily do the same for DeGale. He has no significant names on his cv that are worth shouting about.
Im not using nothing to beat him, i think he's a vastly overrated fighter and very, very average and will be destroyed, end of.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri May 13, 2011 11:37 pm

disagree- where is the evidence of degales greatness? he has no power

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat May 14, 2011 10:58 am

disagree- where is the evidence of degales greatness? he has no power
I didnt say he's great, i said i think he's easily the better fighter and imo will go on to win a world title, power? he's no powder puff puncher, but his skills more than make up for not having Nigel Benn dynamite in either hand, i'll be honest, i think DeGale's a bit of a div but he's leagues ahead of Groves.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat May 14, 2011 11:02 am

29-2 from Britains trainers in BM for DeGale.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat May 14, 2011 11:21 am

29-2 from Britains trainers in BM for DeGale.
Who were the 2 that looney Coldwell and prick Booth? hahaha

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat May 14, 2011 11:24 am

Ever trained a two weight world champion SP?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat May 14, 2011 11:25 am

Steven_89 wrote:29-2 from Britains trainers in BM for DeGale.
Who were the 2 that looney Coldwell and prick Booth? hahaha

Moderate your language please. I'm sure you are intelligent enough to criticise someone without being childish.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat May 14, 2011 11:45 am

Ever trained a two weight world champion SP?
i said what i think he is, im not aware i said he was a bad trainer, etc?, i dont like the way he slates people?

ever been a unified world heavyweight champ, beat everyone in the division? he slates wlad, i dont agree with it, cheers

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat May 14, 2011 11:47 am

I'm not the one taking a childish dig though am I, strange how you don't agree with it but do exactly the same thing in your post, bravo good sir

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat May 14, 2011 11:47 am

Steven_89 wrote:Ever trained a two weight world champion SP?
i said what i think he is, im not aware i said he was a bad trainer, etc?, i dont like the way he slates people?
ever been a unified world heavyweight champ, beat everyone in the division? he slates wlad, i dont agree with it, cheers

Irony not your strong point I see. Very Happy

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat May 14, 2011 12:06 pm

The two trainers were Matt Scriven and Chris Aston.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat May 14, 2011 12:25 pm

Irony not your strong point I see.
hahahahahahaha, you say dont insult people and that then try and make funny comments, they are about as funny as getting to the airport and forgetting your passport, lets not tell people not to critiscise then try and insult people, eh? hahahahah

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat May 14, 2011 1:26 pm

Can see DeGold winning this by KO in the fourth. Groves is quite open and although he did spar with Dirrell he looked like he didn't cope to well. DeGold was sparring with Clev how is preparing for a World title fight and didn't have a mark on him.

Just to good for Groves who hasn't improved that much since turning pro and DeGold has came on leaps and bounds.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat May 14, 2011 1:29 pm

Steven_89 wrote:

hahahahahahaha, you say dont insult people and that then try and make funny comments, they are about as funny as getting to the airport and forgetting your passport, lets not tell people not to critiscise then try and insult people, eh? hahahahah

Depends if it's an internal flight.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat May 14, 2011 1:43 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
Steven_89 wrote:

laughing

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat May 14, 2011 8:01 pm

Steven_89 wrote:I agree that Groves is going to lose (I think pretty badly), but if you are using his record as a stick to beat him then you could easily do the same for DeGale. He has no significant names on his cv that are worth shouting about.
Im not using nothing to beat him, i think he's a vastly overrated fighter and very, very average and will be destroyed, end of.

I'm a big DeGold fan like you mate but think you're doing Ugly Kid a disservice here. He is a good fighter just hasn't improved as much as DeGold since he turned pro.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat May 14, 2011 8:07 pm

I'm a big DeGold fan like you mate but think you're doing Ugly Kid a disservice here. He is a good fighter just hasn't improved as much as DeGold since he turned pro.
Dont rate the kid, i gotta be honest i think he's hyped to bits, so what he beat Adamu who just scraped past the awful, awful Dilks, DeGale beats him in 4 rounds, im gonna put a fiver on round 1 though.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by slash912 Sat May 14, 2011 8:25 pm

Round 1's a bit ambitious I think unless he catches him completely cold. I wouldn't be surprised to see a TKO between 7-9 though, may look into that myself. DeGale probably doesn't have the KO power to flatten him but he'll throw punches in bunches if Groves is in trouble to cause a ref stoppage.

slash912

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat May 14, 2011 8:46 pm

I think Groves will go after DeGold from the first round leaving himself open to DeGale to counter and move until about the 4th when he forces the stoppage. Groves has tried to act calm but he must be jealous of DeGold and will try and embarass him early.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sat May 14, 2011 9:38 pm

I've said all along that DeGale wins this fairly comfortably. Much quicker, slicker boxer than groves and much harder to hit clean. Groves to me is too one dimensional, carries his left too low and is too easy to hit. He's a decent puncher and has heart, but that won't be enough to win him this fight. DeGale on points I think.

However, anyone saying DeGale is gonna 'destroy' Groves early is wrong, as DeGale is not a destructive fight. He's slick and skilful but not a massive puncher. I think the early rounds will be cautious as they size each other up, neither man wanting to over commit too soon. There's a lot of pride on the line here, that will make it cagey.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat May 14, 2011 9:41 pm

What channel's this on, or is there a stream somewhere? Cheaper the better.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat May 14, 2011 9:58 pm

It's on Sky box office I just ordered it for £15.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat May 14, 2011 9:59 pm

Balti this site will have it.

http://www.firstrowsports.eu/sport/boxing-wwe-ufc.html
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat May 14, 2011 10:02 pm

Sound nice one. I ain't got the £££ for SBO. Cheers.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat May 14, 2011 10:17 pm

It's on Sky box office I just ordered it for £15.
That explains why your so angry and wound up then Kev 8) hahaha only playing

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat May 14, 2011 10:28 pm

Steven_89 wrote:It's on Sky box office I just ordered it for £15.
That explains why your so angry and wound up then Kev 8) hahaha only playing

You're right mate £15 is scandalous but I keep paying it. DEGALE WILL DESTROY GROVES EARLY SAY ENZO, NAZ, MCDONNELL! 177851
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat May 14, 2011 10:31 pm

You're right mate £15 is scandalous but I keep paying it.
We should all of gone round d4's for it, he's just got his DLA, so he could of got us some cans as well haha

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat May 14, 2011 10:33 pm

Steven_89 wrote:You're right mate £15 is scandalous but I keep paying it.
We should all of gone round d4's for it, he's just got his DLA, so he could of got us some cans as well haha
DEGALE WILL DESTROY GROVES EARLY SAY ENZO, NAZ, MCDONNELL! 3497602689
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun May 15, 2011 5:19 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
Steven_89 wrote:

Game, set match.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun May 15, 2011 5:47 pm

azania wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:
Steven_89 wrote:

Game, set match.

Do you not still need your passport now anyway? Anti terrorism laws and all that?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun May 15, 2011 5:52 pm

prettyboykev wrote:
azania wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:
Steven_89 wrote:

Game, set match.

Do you not still need your passport now anyway? Anti terrorism laws and all that?

Dunno. I take the train instead. I try to avoid flying as much as possible.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun May 15, 2011 5:52 pm

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Do_you_need_a_passport_for_internal_UK_flights

Apparently not, although I had to Google it.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun May 15, 2011 6:10 pm

You learn something new every day I thought they had changed the laws with all the new terrorism laws that have came out over the last decade.

Cheers mate DEGALE WILL DESTROY GROVES EARLY SAY ENZO, NAZ, MCDONNELL! 732107
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun May 15, 2011 6:14 pm

You learn something new every day I thought they had changed the laws with all the new terrorism laws that have came out over the last decade.

Cheers mate
I hope them terrorism laws prevent Anthony Abdull Pratt Small from going to fights

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun May 15, 2011 6:16 pm

Steven_89 wrote:You learn something new every day I thought they had changed the laws with all the new terrorism laws that have came out over the last decade.

Cheers mate
I hope them terrorism laws prevent Anthony Abdull Pratt Small from going to fights

They should prevent him from leaving his house.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun May 15, 2011 6:47 pm

Steven_89 wrote:You learn something new every day I thought they had changed the laws with all the new terrorism laws that have came out over the last decade.

Cheers mate

Why?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun May 15, 2011 6:51 pm

azania wrote:

Cheers mate

Why?

Be better if they kept him out of the country altogether, but that's a whole other kettle of fish.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun May 15, 2011 6:53 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
azania wrote:

Cheers mate

Why?

Be better if they kept him out of the country altogether, but that's a whole other kettle of fish.

YOu see, people like him I find absolutely hilarious. Talks a lot of sh!t, but I'm all for freedom of speach and expression and his right to talk Poopie. Its what he does in the ring that matters to me.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun May 15, 2011 6:55 pm

Sorry but no level of freedom of speech should allow him to speak such inflammatory nonsense

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun May 15, 2011 6:58 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:Sorry but no level of freedom of speech should allow him to speak such inflammatory nonsense

Unless he has broken some laws I dont see why not. I'd rather not live in a society where censorship is encouraged. Also many held similar views to yours about Ali in the 1960s. They were wrong then.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun May 15, 2011 6:59 pm

He does nothing in the ring anymore. He's retired. He's an idiot, who thinks he's more intelligent than he is.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun May 15, 2011 7:04 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:He does nothing in the ring anymore. He's retired. He's an idiot, who thinks he's more intelligent than he is.

I think Frank Warren retired him when he said he would never promote him. No other promoter would touch him with a barge pole. As for his intellience, that is extremely questionable. But still, I will never agree to censoring stupid people. If we did that hardly anyone would post here!! Very Happy

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun May 15, 2011 7:06 pm

So you think it's acceptable for someone to say that british troops deserve to die comparing them to the SS and provoking mass levels of animosity?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun May 15, 2011 7:09 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:So you think it's acceptable for someone to say that british troops deserve to die comparing them to the SS and provoking mass levels of animosity?

I dont agree with what he says. But I will never agree with censoring him. I hope you see the difference. I didn't agree with the wars, but I dont blame the troops. My dislike is for the politicians who sent them there. But each to their own.

If we start censoring people for having odious views, where do we stop and who decides what is odious?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun May 15, 2011 7:09 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:So you think it's acceptable for someone to say that british troops deserve to die comparing them to the SS and provoking mass levels of animosity?

The guy needs to spend a little time in Saudi Arabia or some other such strict muslim country. See how far such behaviour and criticising their government gets him. He's an oik. No more, no less, and personally I think if he doesn't like the UK he should move.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next