The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Punk getting buried? *Contains RAW Spoilers*

+3
Fernando
Kay Fabe
HitmanOwl
7 posters

Go down

Is Punk getting buried? *Contains RAW Spoilers* Empty Is Punk getting buried? *Contains RAW Spoilers*

Post by HitmanOwl Tue 02 Aug 2011, 1:40 pm

Wrestling Jesus sums it up perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5IyAMB1-fo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Can HHH put his ego aside?,can he fk!

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Is Punk getting buried? *Contains RAW Spoilers* Empty Re: Is Punk getting buried? *Contains RAW Spoilers*

Post by Guest Tue 02 Aug 2011, 3:38 pm

Oh man, i've seen brief clips of WJ before but this was funny as. Is he drunk all day?

Back to top Go down

Is Punk getting buried? *Contains RAW Spoilers* Empty Re: Is Punk getting buried? *Contains RAW Spoilers*

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 02 Aug 2011, 4:51 pm

Is he getting buried? No

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 02 Aug 2011, 4:54 pm

i wouldn't say he's getting buried but i would say losing at summerslam would kill off all his momentum

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 02 Aug 2011, 5:04 pm

I wouldn't, depending on how he lost, a straight clean loss would hurt him big time though.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Tue 02 Aug 2011, 8:47 pm

Is that you Gaffer or is it Crips Ha!!!

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 02 Aug 2011, 9:14 pm

Despite the fact that this guy is clearly insane and I struggled to watch the video because his voice grated on me there is a point I do agree with.

I think Haitch failed to sell the angle completley, he seemed too busy trying to protect his own ego rather than put over CM Punk, particuarly backstage when Punk had really tried to sell the idea he was saying things that weren't allowed to be said i.e the stuff about Stephanie, Haitch decides just to say; "oh people say that all the time".

WWE constantly believes that wrestling fans have short term memory, yet in this instance Triple H couldn't let it appear bigger than it actually was to sell the angle, it really annoyed me. It didn't help anybody doing that. Obviously I didn't expect him to start crying or anything like that, but there wasn't any reason for that backstage segment at all.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 02 Aug 2011, 11:45 pm

I think you're being far to harsh on Hunter, his character has been a dominant one for near on 12 years now, it would be unrealistic and continuity failure for HHH to suddenly become anything else, this role is alien to him, he has always been the man, you can clearly see him struggle with 'the rules', he is the boss so shouldn't be seen or heard to be putting Punk or anyone else over, he has to establish himself as someone who will not be rattled or be wound up

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 03 Aug 2011, 9:23 am

I think Triple H could have done a lot more to get Punk over. Punk is the hottest star in wrestling right now and Triple H seemed like he was trying to steal some of his spotlight.

If someone had talked to Steve Austin in 1996 or 97 the way Triple H talked to Punk on Raw, it would have damaged his momentum. Maybe not killed it, but in no way would it have enhanced Austin at that time for someone to tell him he was overrated and overhyped.

It seemed to me like Paul Levesque, the man, saw it as "So the fans think you're cool? Well I'm going to prove you're not". Instead of trying to enhance the things that got Punk over as a top star recently, he tried to shoot them down and underplay them.

I also think words like "overrated" and "skinny" are really not helpful either. Again, nobody told Hulk Hogan in the 80s he was orange and bald. Nobody told The Rock in the 90s that he had b1tch t1ts and couldn't throw a decent punch. The reason being it doesn't make anyone any money to point out the negatives about your top stars. Everything that is said about them should be to enhance their character.

For such a so-called student of the game, Triple H has consistenty failed at the intricacies in getting others over.

And I look more like Jesus than that bum.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 03 Aug 2011, 10:21 am

Davieswasacrippledtart wrote:I think Triple H could have done a lot more to get Punk over. Punk is the hottest star in wrestling right now and Triple H seemed like he was trying to steal some of his spotlight.

If someone had talked to Steve Austin in 1996 or 97 the way Triple H talked to Punk on Raw, it would have damaged his momentum. Maybe not killed it, but in no way would it have enhanced Austin at that time for someone to tell him he was overrated and overhyped.

It seemed to me like Paul Levesque, the man, saw it as "So the fans think you're cool? Well I'm going to prove you're not". Instead of trying to enhance the things that got Punk over as a top star recently, he tried to shoot them down and underplay them.

I also think words like "overrated" and "skinny" are really not helpful either. Again, nobody told Hulk Hogan in the 80s he was orange and bald. Nobody told The Rock in the 90s that he had b1tch t1ts and couldn't throw a decent punch. The reason being it doesn't make anyone any money to point out the negatives about your top stars. Everything that is said about them should be to enhance their character.

For such a so-called student of the game, Triple H has consistenty failed at the intricacies in getting others over.

Yeah, basically you've said what I wanted to say but much better.

He could have promoed back much better which would have put CM Punk over, but he didn't. I usually try and defend Triple H but in this instance I genuinly think he was trying to take some of the spotlight off of CM Punk.

I don't think the feud will work as well as long as Triple H is face, I still think the McMahon-Punk chemistry was much better and I think Punk needs to be allowed to get over by having a heel to work off, he's going to lose some of the fan reaction if it's a face-face-face feud.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Wed 03 Aug 2011, 10:57 am

He sums it up perfect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzEdNP5oJ4o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman Wed 03 Aug 2011, 12:18 pm

I think HHH did exactly what was right in that promo, give it back to Punk but most importantly CM Punk got the last word. So that tells me that HHH is willing to push punk otherwise we would have had HHH truly burying him and having the last word.

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down