The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS - CM PUNK!!

+2
liverbnz
The Best in the World
6 posters

Go down

POSSIBLE SPOILERS  - CM PUNK!! Empty POSSIBLE SPOILERS - CM PUNK!!

Post by The Best in the World Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:08 am

According to Dave Meltzer, there are clues that CM Punk might be turning babyface in the near future.

First, WWE has recently trademarked Punk's name for merchandising. For those of you wondering, Punk gave WWE the rights to use the name but he can still use it himself if he leaves the company.

Second, in a match with John Cena during WWE's tour of Australia, Punk worked as a babyface and put over Cena after the match.

Meltzer speculates that Vince McMahon's promo on the taped RAW was designed to get Punk over as a babyface and the company wants Punk to be cheered in Chicago at the Money in the Bank PPV. It's possible that, when/if Punk returns, he'll be the #2 babyface on RAW next to Cena and hopefully appeal to the male demographic that Cena doesn't attract.

There's talk that there will be a Vince McMahon/CM Punk confrontation on RAW this Monday but nothing is confirmed at this point.

If this is true , YES! he stays

source: www.nodq.com/wwe Very Happy Smile Very Happy Smile
The Best in the World
The Best in the World

Back to top Go down

POSSIBLE SPOILERS  - CM PUNK!! Empty Re: POSSIBLE SPOILERS - CM PUNK!!

Post by liverbnz Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:31 am

Could be paving the way for a Cena heel turn further down the line.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:13 am

I can definitely see the current storyline turning him babyface. I think he's almost there already. The only other option is they try to turn him mega-heel by having him join forces with Vince.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:45 am

I dont mean to p*ss on your parade but remember the article says 'According to Dave Meltzer'. Its just speculation.

Like ive said in other articles, dont get your hopes up with this whole CM Punk story, i've got a feeling there will be alot of disappointment on this board the morning after the MITB PPV.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:44 am

I think you're right H, we may very well see the usual clean Cena win. But Punk is not going away forever, and WWE has made quite a creative investment in him the past few weeks, solidifying him as a main eventer and one of their biggest stars (and right now there is nobody hotter). There's no way that he's walking away after the PPV never to return.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:21 am

I agree crips, CM Punk will definately be back in a WWE ring. I also understand what some people are saying on here about why would he get a big push on his way out? But i just think its the WWE trying to sweeten him up in hope that he will resign at some point. If he left as a midcarder losing to Kofi Kingston in his last match, he'd have little desire to return. But going out in a World Title Match after delivering one the best promos seen in years, theres more chance he'll have that itch to want more. People have to remember its not the WWE getting rid of Punk, its Punk himself who wants to go. 4/5/6 months away from the ring and hopefully he'll get that hunger back, but i definately believe that the promo and the whole reaction to it has really made the WWE stand up and realise 'we've got a major star on our hands here'. Its a shame its taken this long, but i truly believe the WWE have finally accepted that CM Punk is a major player.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:44 am

Miz Came To Play wrote:
It's possible that, when/if Punk returns, he'll be the #2 babyface on RAW next to Cena and hopefully appeal to the male demographic that Cena doesn't attract.

Laugh Laugh Laugh LOL so true, I wonder how Cena feels having cornered the 2-5 year old demographic as Rock so aptly put it! OK

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:51 am

It is truly shocking that WWE insists on pushing as its franchise player a man who only appeals to under 12s and women. I know this is hardly a new development, but I can't believe that after all these years they still feature Cena as the franchise star.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:52 am

Davieswasacrippledtart wrote:It is truly shocking that WWE insists on pushing as its franchise player a man who only appeals to under 12s and women. I know this is hardly a new development, but I can't believe that after all these years they still feature Cena as the franchise star.

Sex sells.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:54 am

Huh?

I don't think those 7 year old boys are supposed to fancy him. Or have I totally missed the point of the Cena character?!

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:56 am

Davieswasacrippledtart wrote:Huh?

I don't think those 7 year old boys are supposed to fancy him. Or have I totally missed the point of the Cena character?!

It's Vince? What do you expect? He wanted to bang his own daughter!

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:00 pm

You think Cena is a gay icon?

What could possibly be gay about a man with a flat-top hairstyle walking around topless to show off his body, wearing cut-off jeans, frequently asking other men if they are homosexual?

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:03 pm

Spoiler:

Nuff said.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:05 pm

Ha! That's genius

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down