The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who will train Hatton?

+7
superflyweight
Pound-for-Pound
Soldier_Of_Fortune
mobilemaster8
eddyfightfan
OasisBFC
MickeyGoldmill
11 posters

Go down

Who will train Hatton? Empty Who will train Hatton?

Post by MickeyGoldmill Thu 13 Sep 2012, 8:07 pm

Hi,

Just a thought, who will be training Hatton for this come back?

Will it be Graham, like the "good old days"? Or is there too much bitterness there?
No return of Floyd senior I guess! Will he appoint some random like Enzo Calzaghe?
Or maybe his dad can help him (although the only thing he has laid out is a carpet.....)

MickeyGoldmill

Back to top Go down

Who will train Hatton? Empty Re: Who will train Hatton?

Post by OasisBFC Thu 13 Sep 2012, 9:12 pm

I doubt it'll be gallagher or calzaghe.

he's often said that roach is the best trainer - he said it the other day on twitter. but i dont think roach would train him. he was one of the people saying he should retire after manny.

i wouldnt be surprised if he went low key and stayed in Manchester. he is (we're being told) fighting in manchester after all so no need to acclimatise to vegas and it's time zone.

i just think he needs a trainer to motivate him and push him. teaching him anything new at this stage isn't going to happen.

lee beard??

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 13 Sep 2012, 9:51 pm

who trains his brother?

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 13 Sep 2012, 10:47 pm

Id have rob mccracken.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 13 Sep 2012, 11:05 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:who trains his brother?

Bob Shannon

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Pound-for-Pound Thu 13 Sep 2012, 11:58 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:

Bob Shannon

He said a few months ago that if he returned his trainer would be Shannon. You'd think he'd hire someone with a reputation for training world class fighters, no disrespect to shannon but his fighters all seem to plateau at around british/european class. Although that is no slight on his abilities as a trainer, some fighters can only get so far. If Ricky is planning to return to anywhere near the level he was, which is my assumption otherwise why would he return?, then you'd think he'd want a trainer experienced in preparing a fighter for that level and coping with the experience of a big fight night. I know Shannon trained Matt Hatton for Alvarez but it wasn't a situation where his fighter had to be or was expected to be competitive.

Pound-for-Pound

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 14 Sep 2012, 8:49 am

Pound-for-Pound wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:

Bob Shannon

He said a few months ago that if he returned his trainer would be Shannon. You'd think he'd hire someone with a reputation for training world class fighters, no disrespect to shannon but his fighters all seem to plateau at around british/european class. Although that is no slight on his abilities as a trainer, some fighters can only get so far. If Ricky is planning to return to anywhere near the level he was, which is my assumption otherwise why would he return?, then you'd think he'd want a trainer experienced in preparing a fighter for that level and coping with the experience of a big fight night. I know Shannon trained Matt Hatton for Alvarez but it wasn't a situation where his fighter had to be or was expected to be competitive.

The one thing that Bob Shannon does well is get his fighters in top condition, which Ricky does need to be in before he even contemplates getting back in the ring. He looked very gaunt and fragile against Manny. Hes obviously been back in training for a little while gradually losing weight which is a good thing because its unhealthy to drop too much weight too soon. Depending on who his comeback fight is, I don't think he could do too much wrong teaming up with Shannon for this one.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 14 Sep 2012, 9:25 am

Ricky Hatton will train Ricky Hatton because only Ricky Hatton knows what Ricky Hatton is capable of and if Ricky Hatton gets Ricky Hatton on top of Ricky Hatton's game, Ricky Hatton will be a match for everyone, including Ricky Hatton.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Fri 14 Sep 2012, 10:04 am

He regards himself as a trainer these days, so perhaps a lot of his regime will be self disciplined. I don't think he'll venture away from Manchester, it'll be either himself with input from Lee Beard, or it'll be Bob Shannon.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Fri 14 Sep 2012, 11:38 am

Bob Shannon is at the press conference with him so I would guess it is him.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Fri 14 Sep 2012, 2:46 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:Id have rob mccracken.

Agree with you mobile, McCracken is just the sort of levelheaded and very good all round trainer he needs if he is going to make a decent fist of this comeback. Who knows he might even improve some of the parts of Ricky's game that were lacking from so many years with second rate trainers.

Khan would benefit from working with him as well and maybe hearing a few home truths rather than people filling his head with how great he is would do him some good, however his delusions of grandeur will lead him to another big name American.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by RANDY77 Fri 14 Sep 2012, 5:22 pm

hogey wrote:
mobilemaster8 wrote:Id have rob mccracken.

Agree with you mobile, McCracken is just the sort of levelheaded and very good all round trainer he needs if he is going to make a decent fist of this comeback. Who knows he might even improve some of the parts of Ricky's game that were lacking from so many years with second rate trainers.

Khan would benefit from working with him as well and maybe hearing a few home truths rather than people filling his head with how great he is would do him some good, however his delusions of grandeur will lead him to another big name American.

Nice prediction hogey...... :/

RANDY77

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down