The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favourite/worst GAA game.

+6
John Cregan
Gaelic-Warrior
RebelBhoy
Cari
Thomond
bluemoda
10 posters

Go down

Favourite/worst GAA game. Empty Favourite/worst GAA game.

Post by bluemoda Fri 08 Jul 2011, 2:17 pm

I've borrowed this theme from the rugby boards - What is/was your favourite/worst GAA moment? You know the one that broke your heart or make you estatically happy. Mine is the Munster Final of 1984. The first time I ever attended a big match. Tipp were 4 points up with 4 minutes to go but ended up being beaten by 4 points. Cork's victory was capped by a Seanie O'Leary goal. I've never forgiven him, nor have I ever forgiven his rugby playing son Tomas. Talk about foisting the sins of the father onto the son, but I can't help it. Even today, if I catch it a replay on TV, it deflates me. Until that game, I remember nothing about Tipp as they were nowhere at the time and we had to wait another 4 years to win Munster. I also remember the silence in the car on the way home and us kids in the back silently crying the whole way home. Even the All-Ireland victories of 89 and 91 didn't make up for that loss.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Favourite/worst GAA game. Empty Re: Favourite/worst GAA game.

Post by Thomond Fri 08 Jul 2011, 2:29 pm

Favourite game has to be last year's football semi final,down by 3 with ten to go and playing Poopie. Then it happened.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 08 Jul 2011, 3:36 pm

I think my favourite is yet to come when I experience Croke Park for the first time watching the Dubs Yahoo

Bernard Drool (just testing the new drool smiley I requested).

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Fri 08 Jul 2011, 4:16 pm

Bernard is not the only cracker on the dub team but without a doubt the Dubs in football and hurling are the best looking teams.

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelBhoy Fri 08 Jul 2011, 6:01 pm

Favourite/worst GAA game. INPHO_00266332

Favourite/worst GAA game. Dick_Clerkin_2149c

ooooh no you ditdn't *shakey head*

1990 futble Final....double day

Nolan park 27 point beating was on the telly......like a car crash. I could not turn off. great players playing without any direction at all. you could see it coming and KK played like sharks smelling blood. I take all losses fairly sore.....but that hurt for a long time.
RebelBhoy
RebelBhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaelic-Warrior Fri 08 Jul 2011, 6:05 pm

Favourite game, probably the 1999 AI Final against Cork, although all our finals are great games. The 1991 Leinster saga was something else too, although we'd probably be in better shape for the final against Down if it wasn't for all those replays.

Worst loss I've seen (partially on youtube anyway) was the final defeat to Galway in 01. Last years Leinster final was empty even though we won.
Our game against the Dubs last year was awesome too randy
Gaelic-Warrior
Gaelic-Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 08 Jul 2011, 7:32 pm

Blue - there's a few lookers in other teams too. Eoin Cadogan of course, Dan Goulding has mesmerising eyes. Tipp have got a good looking hurler and I can't remember what his name is though (doh!) But yeah, the Dubs have a few manbabes - Conal Keany is a particular fave of mine - he's bayoooooootiful randy Declan O'dwyer's nice too. Very Happy

*Apologies to the lads...

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 08 Jul 2011, 7:44 pm

How disappointing...I've been looking for players mugshots on other teams websites and not many do them. Thats no good to me!

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Fri 08 Jul 2011, 7:53 pm

Best game for me was Limericks 1996 win over Clare in the Munster championship involving the greatest point ever scored to win a match in injury time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fayiAfDvzgM

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ar aghaidh le cheile Fri 08 Jul 2011, 8:40 pm

There are far too many bad days but in particular the last Ulster final defeats to Armagh in 99 and Tyrone in 2003. The Armagh game as far as I remember we were on a mixed bus that day and did we suffer the whole way home. The Tyrone game we were 9 points up early in the second half and threw it away as we were'nt as cute as Tyrone. I have to say the gamesmanship of Canavan that day sickened me for a long time afterwards.
Despite the run to the final last year and the winning finals in the 90's as well as the classic in Celtic park in 94 my very favourite game was the 1-19 to 0-21 win over Tyrone in 2008. I think it was the lack of expectation and the years of being taken for granted. That game had everything, it just built and built to a fantastic end. I saw grown men rib themselves to shreds to get over the wire at the end. In true Down fashion we were beat the next game and I think lost to Wicklow in the qualifiers.

Ar aghaidh le cheile

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Fri 08 Jul 2011, 9:23 pm

Cari,

John Galvin, Limerick Footballer has been doing the catwalks of Limerick for quite a while now!!

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Fri 08 Jul 2011, 9:42 pm

1994 All ireland Final, 5 points up on Offaly, lost by six....................BEAT THAT!!

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Fri 08 Jul 2011, 10:04 pm

Cregan,think you're thinking of the wrong Galvin. What about everyone's favourite son Paul? Wink He is a fashion icon like Laugh

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Charisma Fri 08 Jul 2011, 11:43 pm

Up two against Waterford in 07...............Won a penalty and Shaughnessy absolutely buried it.

Good times.

Ciaran Carey's point against Clare in 96. I was nine but i knew i had just seen the best point scored on a GAA field bar none.

Even Ger Canning didn't feck up the commentary.......'The Charge Of The Light Brigade'

Captain Charisma

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 09 Jul 2011, 9:59 am

Thomond wrote:Cregan,think you're thinking of the wrong Galvin. What about everyone's favourite son Paul? Wink He is a fashion icon like Laugh

When I saw Paul Galvin at the Kerry game on TV the other week, he looked rougher than a tramp!

There was that Wexford player who made a rude film. So he's probably not good looking either! Laugh

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 09 Jul 2011, 10:05 am

Cari,you don't remember Paul Galvin's infamous man cleavage top he wore for his documentary. It's all the rage here now like.

*Note: it is not all the rage.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat 09 Jul 2011, 10:15 am

Thomond....no I must've missed that. I guess his face just put me off too much Very Happy

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 09 Jul 2011, 11:12 am

I wished I'd missed thatFavourite/worst GAA game. Sick0006

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Hartley Sat 09 Jul 2011, 11:49 am

I enjoyed Antrim's win over Down in 2000. It was Antrim's first Ulster football Championship win since 1982. There was thunder, lightning, hailstones and torrential rain. I was in the uncovered section of Casement Park with my County Down mother who wanted to go home! She claimed she was worried about being struck by the lightning but really she didn't like the thought of Antrim beating Down - something which was pretty much unthinkable at the time!

Hartley

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Sun 10 Jul 2011, 12:51 pm

Dublin v Kerry 1977 All Ireland semi finl. Theeeeeeee best game of gaelic football I have ever seen, was'nt there cause I was minus 3 but I have watched it on tape. Best game of hurling i've seen is prob that epic munster final a few year's back between Cark and Waterford.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by bluemoda Mon 11 Jul 2011, 11:23 am

John Cregan wrote:1994 All ireland Final, 5 points up on Offaly, lost by six....................BEAT THAT!!

You win hands down. jeez that was a stinker

bluemoda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down