The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your favourite Mario game

+6
tommyhearnsprodigalson
A-Darts
BALTIMORA
TwisT
Dass
BigPhil
10 posters

Go down

Your favourite Mario game Empty Your favourite Mario game

Post by Guest Sun 16 Oct 2011, 9:55 pm

Always been a Nintendo man simply because of the Mario games and I don't think they will ever tire on me. Always rated Super Mario World on the SNES as the best of the series but I am starting to lean towards Mario 3 on the NES simply because after playing it again today I find it more challenging and perhaps more importantly the impact the game had on its release is still not lost on me today.

Mario 64 was massive and grounbreaking at the time and the 2 galaxy games on the wii are incredible efforts but I probably prefer the 2D platformers to the 3D. New Mario Bros on the wii is also a quality game.

And lets us not forget the brilliant kart efforts either!

But for me (at this time) it has to be Super Mario Brothers 3 on the NES.

Over to you.

Cheers guys.

Back to top Go down

Your favourite Mario game Empty Re: Your favourite Mario game

Post by BigPhil Sun 16 Oct 2011, 10:35 pm

The Snes and Nes mario games were just a bit before my time. The game thats had the most impact on me was Super Mario Galaxy, everything about the game is pin point perfection. A fabulous game.
Best Kart game for me was the one on the DS, and I can't wait for the one on 3DS but the only problem is that I don't have one.

BigPhil

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Mon 17 Oct 2011, 1:19 am

Has to be Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels otherwise known as the unaltered true sequel to the original game. Its by far the most challenging of any of the Mario games ever released so much so that they released a completely different version for the west with the Mario name attached.

It played and felt very much like the first SMB except it was much much harder with some of the most frustrating levels I've ever seen in a game. I love games that challenge me and this game did not only that but laughed at me while it did.

I also have a soft spot for the original Mario Kart as its what I spent most of my time playing while in 6th year at school.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon 17 Oct 2011, 12:48 pm

I would go for the very first one, back in the dawn of time.

Graphics were crapola by today's standards but the gameplay was immense. I have it on the wii now as a downloadable game. Still cool for a spare hour to see how far you can get.

Altogether now.....

DER DER DER-DAH. DOO DODODO DO DO DOO DO DO DODO DO DO DODO. BA BA BA BABABA DO DO DODO PING PONG.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Oct 2011, 5:36 pm

Dass wrote:Has to be Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels otherwise known as the unaltered true sequel to the original game. Its by far the most challenging of any of the Mario games ever released so much so that they released a completely different version for the west with the Mario name attached.

It played and felt very much like the first SMB except it was much much harder with some of the most frustrating levels I've ever seen in a game. I love games that challenge me and this game did not only that but laughed at me while it did.

I also have a soft spot for the original Mario Kart as its what I spent most of my time playing while in 6th year at school.

I haven't played Lost Levels in yonks. Gonna fire that bad boy up later and hit the caffeine!

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 18 Oct 2011, 12:08 am

Super Mario Bros 2 and Mario Paint. Most over-rated videogame character around. Kirby was better.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Tue 18 Oct 2011, 12:51 am

BALTIMORA wrote:Super Mario Bros 2 and Mario Paint. Most over-rated videogame character around. Kirby was better.

Kirby was just a poor spherical shaped objects Dizzy. Plus Mario had a more rounded character profile, at what time in brainstorming for a lead in a game does the option of a fat Italian plumper with a dodgy moustache sound like a winning idea and that's before you dress him in a Superman inspired colour scheme ensemble. He's also helped stereotype Italian men the world over what's Kirby ever done for Italian men.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 18 Oct 2011, 9:07 am

Dass wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:Super Mario Bros 2 and Mario Paint. Most over-rated videogame character around. Kirby was better.

Kirby was just a poor spherical shaped objects Dizzy. Plus Mario had a more rounded character profile, at what time in brainstorming for a lead in a game does the option of a fat Italian plumper with a dodgy moustache sound like a winning idea and that's before you dress him in a Superman inspired colour scheme ensemble. He's also helped stereotype Italian men the world over what's Kirby ever done for Italian men?
Behind closed doors he might have done a great deal. You never can tell with Italian men... First console I had was the NES but despite owning SMB3 and having played the two previous games, my favourite titles on that machine were probably Solar Jetman, Snake Rattle 'n' Roll, and Kirby...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by A-Darts Tue 18 Oct 2011, 2:19 pm

It has to be for me Super MarioWorld. As a "kid" playing that game it was just so brilliant it was an utterly splendiferous experience, they just dont make games like that any more. Super Mario Galxy 1 and 2 were not bad and 64 is a legend status also. Super Mario Sunshine was also a good game despite what the people say Very Happy
A-Darts
A-Darts

Back to top Go down

Post by tommyhearnsprodigalson Mon 24 Oct 2011, 10:48 am

Super Mario World for me and maybe Yoshi's Island, trying to find all the levels on SMW the introduction of Yoshi, the graphics, music for me that game had everything and its still a load of fun to play now

tommyhearnsprodigalson

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 24 Oct 2011, 10:54 am

Mario Kart 64 just takes it from Mario 64.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 26 Oct 2011, 4:13 pm

In an order I can't work out yet, my top three are Mario Kart 64, Super Mario Brothers 3 and Super Mario Wii.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Tue 08 Nov 2011, 4:24 pm

FreekShow wrote:Over to you.
Hmm tricky, I loves Mario 3 on the Nes back in the day, but I agree Mario 4 was amazing. Though playing Mario cart on the snes against my friends was also fun.

I can't pick a winner I'm afraid censored
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 08 Nov 2011, 6:53 pm

This is like asking you to choose between favourite kids!

Um, if I had to choose right here right now I'd probably go with Galaxy 1

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down