The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holyfield vs Bowe

+2
John Bloody Wayne
Adam D
6 posters

Go down

Holyfield vs Bowe Empty Holyfield vs Bowe

Post by Adam D Thu 27 Jan 2011, 15:51

I did an article about Hagler v Hearns yesterday and got some good points brought up.

I thought I would do the same with this fight. Both the original and the rematch were really entertaining fights (Do you remember when heavyweight fights were exciting?) but I want to concentrate on the one where the guy parachuted/ flew into the ring.

Do you think Holyfield would have won if there hadnt been a 30 minute break?

For me, I love Holyfield (one of my fave heavyweights) but he looked to be on the way out from a stamina point of view before the intervention. What are your thoughts on one of the most remarkable and bizarre fights ever?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Holyfield vs Bowe Empty Re: Holyfield vs Bowe

Post by John Bloody Wayne Thu 27 Jan 2011, 16:02

I honestly think it would be 3-0 to Bowe if it weren't for the mighty parachute man. Props to Hoyfield for coming back and proving he had a warriors heart, but I think Bowe was looking good for the win.

I always think the 3rd fight was underrated, provided great action despite them both being on an off night.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu 27 Jan 2011, 18:55

Not sure - fan man did make a difference - but I reckon Evander was always going to win the second encounter. Firstly, he was fighting better than in fight 1 and secondly - if Evander won it opened up the possibility of a lucrative third encounter (sorry, I'm a touch cynical). Thirdly - the pause helped rather than hindered Bowe IMO - as he was fat and unfit at the time...

The third fight was a touch disappointing - with Evander having Hepatitis - the result was arguably a touch unfair.

But great, great trilogy.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Thu 27 Jan 2011, 19:37

Good point, but if you look at the first part of round 7 (before the fan man arrived) Bowe was landing at will and Holyfield didn't have a reply. After round 7 resumed Holyfield won the rest of it with relative ease.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Perfessor Albertus Lion V Sat 29 Jan 2011, 12:26

Hobo wrote:Do you think Holyfield would have won if there hadnt been a 30 minute break?

For me, I love Holyfield (one of my fave heavyweights) but he looked to be on the way out from a stamina point of view before the intervention. What are your thoughts on one of the most remarkable and bizarre fights ever?

~ Why sirs, already you chaps have created a vastly superior boxing website than the mighty beeb had de-evolved to with no more than a quote feature for starters, so top props. So be the regrets that I cannot put my full name in your system that properly reflect my Emeritus, grrrrhrrrmph!

Mr. Field seems to have had stamina problems the whole of his career against top fighters starting with the 5-5 Qawi. The sole exception was Tyson I where he flew from Shot to SuperDuperMan. Prolonging his career with mixed results starting with his first heavy defense against Big George has raised major suspicions of him.

He won a debatable majority decision for Fan Man who is no longer with us, so only a privileged seer knows what may have happened against the equally unconvincing Mr. DumBowe, a bit of a club fight that series was.

The 90s was the best grouping of talent ever, but the top guys often wouldn't fight each other anywhere close to their primes, so Mr. Field stands out as having faced near everyone with mixed results, thus the glory that he is accorded. Dadburned shame he got run over by that rusting Sherman Tank recently.

Needs to be put on a short lease lest the tragedy continue.
Perfessor Albertus Lion V
Perfessor Albertus Lion V

https://www.606v2.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 29 Jan 2011, 22:02

Holy was on PEDs.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by skidd1 Sun 30 Jan 2011, 13:17

azania wrote:Holy was on PEDs.